First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Jinz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Jinz 2011-05-09 16:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

its very simple.
Aegis and Ochain are both good shields.
Ochain is like a big pair of titts in a bra. It looks nice and entices you. But once you've had your touch, and realize just how flabby they are, with no form or firmness to them, you become disgusted.

Aegis is the opposite. It takes a true owner of superior taste and knowledge around a woman's undies to know that while these titts may not be huge, you've been around the block enough times to know that they are bigger than they look when the bra falls off, and that they are soft yet firm, yeilding and reactive to the master's touch.

Ochain is for the boys, who might suffer from premature ejaculation.
Aegis is where the men are.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zantok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Zantok 2011-05-09 16:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jinz said:
its very simple.
Ochain is like a big pair of titts in a bra. It looks nice and entices you. But once you've had your touch, and realize just how flabby they are, with no form or firmness to them, you become disgusted.

Aegis is the opposite. It takes a true owner of superior taste and knowledge around a woman's undies to know that while these titts may not be huge, you've been around the block enough times to know that they are bigger than they look when the bra falls off, and that they are soft yet firm, yeilding and reactive to the master's touch.

[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-09 16:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Jinz doesnt have an Ochain not sure how hes "touched" one.
[+]
 Sylph.Quiznor
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-05-09 16:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jinz said:
its very simple.

I dont even have to check your profile to smell a butthurt aegis owner.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-05-09 16:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

best description ever
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-05-09 16:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
Quote:
I dont even know why this is a topic to discuss, lol. Not like Aegis is going to help block Death.

Thank you for saying that lol.

Quote:
AV's Meteor would like a word with you (as would CS Aeroga4).

Astral Flow also would like a word.

Fulmination says hi.

His friend Nerve gas shakes his fist as well for being left off the list (the move that kept taking out the Ochain Pld we had on it last time, though only occasionally when it would turn too fast and use back to back).

Melee damage was never really a problem on any end game NM, anywhere. It's the stupid Magic Based AoE/WSs that were always the trouble.

Or are you guys somehow having a problem taking too much melee damage? My *** whm can straight tank half the ***in this game, it's the special abilities/magic that costs lives.]

Hundred Fists says Hello
Meikyo shisui says yo
Mighty Strikes says "nice to meet cha!"

On top of that, there are bar-spells and carols for incredibly difficult aoe magic spells.

Is there AoE-phsyical bar?

I guess phalanx...

And let's not forget the tyrant bubbly bernie...

srsly...

AoE-physical bar? On PLD? I can't imagine them having an ability that does anything like that. That just seems silly.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
Server: Bismarck
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-05-09 16:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
AoE-physical bar? On PLD? I can't imagine them having an ability that does anything like that. That just seems silly.

Sorry, i forgot often that sarcasm is difficult to detect through text x.x
 Lakshmi.Zantok
By Lakshmi.Zantok 2011-05-09 16:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My enjoyment from this entire Ochain Vs Aegis thing has been one thing.

PLD/NIN

I know that 90% of the people who argue Ochain is better have a Empy, weather it be a Ochain or not. For some reason empy owners like to jump on Aegis when talking about Aegies Vs Ochain.

Which brings a interesting point, it makes me believe that the 90% of you were not involved in end game before Abyssea, which is why you are so ignorant. You do realize that in a situation with a group of good players, like the old days, that a PLD/NIN with a good RDM keeping the mob enfeebled with him, can tank the ***out of anything without taking hits?

We're talking maybe a 25% hit rate out of the mobs hits during a given fight. I'll keep my Aegis, and I'll keep laughing at the Ochains who think Aegis can't out-perform them. At the end of the day a good PLD/NIN using a Aegis is MILES ahead of a Ochain PLD.

Unless, of course, you're a abyssea-made PLD. In which case, have fun with your Ochain.
[+]
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-05-09 16:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont need to be an ochain holder to feel sympathy butthurt for poor ochain.

I keep seeing my fellow Ochain PLDs dropped to the floor by anything slightly not mind numbingly easy, whiLe I stand there in my GOLD Aegis casting raise on them, while the reflection of the sun shines off my shield, blinding them, as they squint staring upwards at me in all my glory. No doubt thinking to them sleves "how is this possible" as the sting of reality begins to creep into their timid heart.

Don't ever bring tinfoil to a gangsta party.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-09 16:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

except the game now isn't about surviving mobs, it's about burning them. which is why lol pld.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zantok
By Lakshmi.Zantok 2011-05-09 16:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said:
except the game now isn't about surviving mobs, it's about burning them

As if Ochain is going to help you hold hate more than Aegis?

What a dumbass comment.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-09 16:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't Ochain + Almace allow you to pretty much drop /NIN and use a more offensive oriented sub like PLD/WAR again?

No one questions a PLDs ability to tank. Its more the flaw in the system that all fights over time will have all dds being capped on hate, thus, making who ever is doing the most damage truly tanking the mob.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-05-09 16:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, Ochain should let you /war pretty much anything and this would be a decent damage increase.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-05-09 16:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Which brings a interesting point, it makes me believe that the 90% of you were not involved in end game before Abyssea, which is why you are so ignorant. You do realize that in a situation with a group of good players, like the old days, that a PLD/NIN with a good RDM keeping the mob enfeebled with him, can tank the ***out of anything without taking hits?

You're so high on your pedistal, you should learn to mind yourself. I've been involved in endgame for awhile, and i'm not going to say I'm more experienced, because in all likelyhood, i'm not.

But thats the difference between you and I. You consider me ignorant for not having your shield, for not taking the time to abuse a linkshell for a year or two to obtain it, and then hold true to my system that it is the best, will always be the best, and cannot be beaten, shield.

And i consider you ignorant for not understanding that times change. You're shield is good situationally, and so is mine. Compare me to the poor paladins you have the misfortune to meet, and i'll compare you to the idiot who got lucky with a dyna sponsor back in 2006. Before you call people ignorant, understand people are people.

A shield is a shield, and this is a game.
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-05-09 16:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

depends what you're fighting. you can't block FiragaIV, Meteor... unless you own an aegis. zing
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zantok
By Lakshmi.Zantok 2011-05-09 16:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Wouldn't Ochain + Almace allow you to pretty much drop /NIN and use a more offensive oriented sub like PLD/WAR again?

No one questions a PLDs ability to tank. Its more the flaw in the system that all fights over time will have all dds being capped on hate, thus, making who ever is doing the most damage truly tanking the mob.

Honestly if you have a almace on PLD and you're that gung-ho to PLD in abyssea, then PLD/NIN and Almace/Magian Multi Attack is going to keep hate more than either shield lol.
 Lakshmi.Zantok
By Lakshmi.Zantok 2011-05-09 16:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
Quote:

You're so high on your pedistal, you should learn to mind yourself. I've been involved in endgame for awhile, and i'm not going to say I'm more experienced, because in all likelyhood, i'm not.

But thats the difference between you and I. You consider me ignorant for not having your shield, for not taking the time to abuse a linkshell for a year or two to obtain it, and then hold true to my system that it is the best, will always be the best, and cannot be beaten, shield.

And i consider you ignorant for not understanding that times change. You're shield is good situationally, and so is mine. Compare me to the poor paladins you have the misfortune to meet, and i'll compare you to the idiot who got lucky with a dyna sponsor back in 2006. Before you call people ignorant, understand people are people.

A shield is a shield, and this is a game.

Zantok is casting Meteor.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-09 16:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zantok said:
Cerberus.Eugene said:
except the game now isn't about surviving mobs, it's about burning them

As if Ochain is going to help you hold hate more than Aegis?

What a dumbass comment.
read the part about lolpld
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-09 16:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zantok said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

Honestly if you have a almace on PLD and you're that gung-ho to PLD in abyssea, then PLD/NIN and Almace/Magian Multi Attack is going to keep hate more than either shield lol.

SO you use Almace/Multi Attack sword? I thought it was understand that most of the multi hit weapons through trials are mostly crap? Wouldn't the DA sword be generally better for off-hand?
 Lakshmi.Zantok
By Lakshmi.Zantok 2011-05-09 16:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, didn't see your edit to make it look less stupid.
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-09 16:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor Excalibur doesn't even make it into this rage discussion :(.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alukat
Server: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-05-09 16:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

back to pld tank and every DD /thf ^^
 Lakshmi.Zantok
By Lakshmi.Zantok 2011-05-09 16:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Lakshmi.Zantok said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

SO you use Almace/Multi Attack sword? I thought it was understand that most of the multi hit weapons through trials are mostly crap? Wouldn't the DA sword be generally better for off-hand?

I use Almace/Kraken when I use PLD so I really don't know, never really tested other offhands. After all, this is just abyssea. :D
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-05-09 16:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Yeah, the DA+10 sword is one of the best off-hand weapons for anything that dual wields honestly.

I use that, and the 2-4 attack Khanda on blue interchangeably. While the data supports the DA+10, I like to have the multihit for a good ol chain affinity spam, or just to get to 200% quicker for efflux :).

I <3 Chant Du Cygne on both jobs though :p *hiss rdm*

I don't dualwield ever on paladin... but i don't use paladin much these days.
 Sylph.Quiznor
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-05-09 16:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Blazed said:
depends what you're fighting. you can't block FiragaIV, Meteor... unless you own an aegis. zing

Pretty sure you can,its called Shell V and MDT gear.Up until this update,it blocked the same amount as your Aegis.
[+]
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-05-09 16:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Excal will be back.
No way SE is going to let that sword be 2nd best anything for much longer. If deals 1/4th hp ever procs as much as empyreans ODD, its over. Nothing standing in excal's way. be a *** truck rolling over all these volkswagon beetles
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zantok
By Lakshmi.Zantok 2011-05-09 16:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, to that person who attacked me when I didn't even read your posts because I don't really take girls seriously.

Kyokaku, was it?

Tell me, when you play PLD. What kills you most of the time? Assume you're at oh say.. 1.6k HP outside abyssea. The mobs hitting you for 200ish, you're WHM is waiting for you to take a couple hits to cure, or maybe they do love to keep you topped off. Who knows, depends on the healers.

Do you die from those static melee hits? No, you don't, normally a PLD drops because of a spike of damage when the healer was either being lazy, or was letting you get a bit lower before tossing you a heal.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but being PLD main since pretty much January of the first year of NA release, I certainly remember magical spikes killing me about.. 75% more of the time than melee spikes.

Just food for thought.
[+]
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-05-09 16:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Quiznor said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:

Pretty sure you can,its called Shell V and MDT gear.Up until this update,it blocked the same amount as your Aegis.

UP UNTIL THIS UPDATE
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-05-09 16:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Excal will be back.
No way SE is going to let that sword be 2nd best anything for much longer. If deals 1/4th hp ever procs as much as empyreans ODD, its over. Nothing standing in excal's way. be a *** truck rolling over all these volkswagon beetles

If ONLY you could generate emnity from those massive hits...
if you could, /toss Almace

Hitting 500-600 a swing outside of abyssea? Zomg lol
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8