"Hundred Shields" PLD :)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » "Hundred shields" PLD :)
"Hundred shields" PLD :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ramuh.Atoreis
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Atoreis
By Ramuh.Atoreis 2011-04-28 14:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I will go and make SS for you when I finish farm.
By Damiyen 2011-04-28 14:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There is definately a glitch.

Parse it or look much more closely.......

Only times I have ever seen it happen was burning Ls members jobs or my mules from 30+. with xp 600+ per kill I have personally killed the entire apkullo camp (sumthing like 18 mobs) and only recieved experience for 8 of them.

So prolonged duration, + high experience per kill

Possible nerf to xp/hour inside abyssea.... who knows

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-28 14:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said:
Cleaved 4-5 times in the last week and got exp for all mobs.
Could still work for Cleave since all mobs aren't killed with 1 spell.
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Sounds like *** to me because I've gotten exp from every mob myself having pulled over 8 for sure.
It's not *** go try it..do you know a good blu that can 1 shot mobs? For instance we did KI farming on bats in T.Canyon we had a thf round up mobs and then the blu would blow them up. Most pulls ranged in the 12~20 range and everyone in alli got xp credit for 8 mobs..didnt matter if you were lvl30 or lvl 90.

I play on 360 so I don't have any SS to prove this..I can ask one of my ls ppl to post here or ask if they have a SS.

Again I am not talking about Cleaving..because cleaving doesn't kill all mobs in 1 hit. Charged wisker can and does most times..go try someone with a good blu.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-28 14:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You best be trolling.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-28 14:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

and maybe, I never cared about exp when I cleave, just chests and we don't cap exp.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-04-28 15:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Again I am not talking about Cleaving..because cleaving doesn't kill all mobs in 1 hit. Charged wisker can and does most times..go try someone with a good blu.
I was about to ask if it was only on 1 shots or not... I guess its a good thing my BLU lacks gear/atma then LOL
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-28 15:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
You best be trolling.
Not trolling at all. You must have blu or something..I've never checked your profile.
Leviathan.Draylo said:
and maybe, I never cared about exp when I cleave, just chests and we don't cap exp.
We only care about xp because we have so many leechers. The ls brings like 12 ppl to leech xp and hold KI's. It's a nice trade off free xp while basically afk..and the ppl doing Glav/Chloris get loads of ppl to help hold KI's. We don't try to cap xp we just open all boxes.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-28 15:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kurosawa said:
Very impressive vid but the fact that Ochain is a requirement to do anything cool at all with PLD just shows how total fail the job, SE and FFXI all are. No other job requires such gear to be good. I have Aegis and my PLD is still totally useless. Best thing SE can do is delete the job from the game. I'm giving them a few more updates to fix PLD or I'm quitting. Luckily I have other jobs so I am not completely useless but I came to love XI because of PLD and it is now a joke.

lol
[+]
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2011-04-28 15:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kurosawa said:
Very impressive vid but the fact that Ochain is a requirement to do anything cool at all with PLD just shows how total fail the job, SE and FFXI all are. No other job requires such gear to be good. I have Aegis and my PLD is still totally useless. Best thing SE can do is delete the job from the game. I'm giving them a few more updates to fix PLD or I'm quitting. Luckily I have other jobs so I am not completely useless but I came to love XI because of PLD and it is now a joke.
Almace first. Then Ochain.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-28 15:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Carbuncle.Kurosawa said:
Bye? =/
lol.

Just work on Ochain and Almace..then rape and plunder the world on your white knight!
 Shiva.Ergiyios
Server: Shiva
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-04-28 15:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Always wondered how fast you'd be building TP blocking that many hits....this gets me thinking about dusting off the ole pld... Loved it great vid!
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-28 18:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Did any blu try this yet?! I wanna see what other ppl are getting when a crap ton of mobs are killed with 1 Charged Wisker.

Did you get xp for all mobs or only like 8/9?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-28 18:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you get exp from all. You do get trial credits for all though.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-28 18:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I don't think you get exp from all. You do get trial credits for all though.
This is true. I know for a fact that you get ToM credit for each kill and blue/red/gold chest per kill too.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-04-28 18:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I should continue my trials and get an almace for my PLD.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-04-28 19:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kurosawa said:

umadbro

just get an almace/ochain, that ***takes like ... a week? to get.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-04-28 19:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
just get an almace/ochain, that ***takes like ... a week? to get.

Ochain takes a bit if lowman.
 Caitsith.Amonk
Server: Caitsith
user: Amonk
By Caitsith.Amonk 2011-04-28 19:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Secret's out, though I suppose it could only last for so long anyway. By the way, you don't need Ochain by any stretch of the imagination. I've been using size 1 since Scars came out to do this. The real question you should be asking yourself is what you can apply this strategy to that would benefit you more?
[+]
 Asura.Hit
Server: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2011-04-28 20:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

@ OP:

very cool and creative, kudos dude this looks like it would be a lot of fun ^-^.
 Midgardsormr.Armando
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Armando
By Midgardsormr.Armando 2011-04-29 16:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played since A Crystalline Prophecy, so I'm not up to date with all this Abyssea stuff, but a friend of mine just linked me. I saw the first video and I was impressed. Then I saw the second video and noticed you're doing back-to-back Lights.

Is there any reason why you're not doing consecutive Level 2 Skillchains instead? The damage goes 60% > 75% > 100% > 125% > 150% > etc so by the third each one is doing more than a Level 3 Skillchain and you get a Skillchain off each WS after the third instead of every other WS. In other words, if your skillchains are hurting the mob, your damage skill skyrocket pretty quickly since each WS will do more than the last. Between Chant du Cygne, Atonement, Swift Blade and Savage Blade you've got the whole Level 2 spectrum covered.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-04-29 17:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Armando said:
I haven't played since A Crystalline Prophecy, so I'm not up to date with all this Abyssea stuff, but a friend of mine just linked me. I saw the first video and I was impressed. Then I saw the second video and noticed you're doing back-to-back Lights.

Is there any reason why you're not doing consecutive Level 2 Skillchains instead? The damage goes 60% > 75% > 100% > 125% > 150% > etc so by the third each one is doing more than a Level 3 Skillchain and you get a Skillchain off each WS after the third instead of every other WS. In other words, if your skillchains are hurting the mob, your damage skill skyrocket pretty quickly since each WS will do more than the last. Between Chant du Cygne, Atonement, Swift Blade and Savage Blade you've got the whole Level 2 spectrum covered.

Just skimmed, but you seem to be ignoring how much more damage CdC does than the other ws, and also the ODD effect from using CdC
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-29 17:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
I haven't played since A Crystalline Prophecy, so I'm not up to date with all this Abyssea stuff, but a friend of mine just linked me. I saw the first video and I was impressed. Then I saw the second video and noticed you're doing back-to-back Lights. Is there any reason why you're not doing consecutive Level 2 Skillchains instead? The damage goes 60% > 75% > 100% > 125% > 150% > etc so by the third each one is doing more than a Level 3 Skillchain and you get a Skillchain off each WS after the third instead of every other WS. In other words, if your skillchains are hurting the mob, your damage skill skyrocket pretty quickly since each WS will do more than the last. Between Chant du Cygne, Atonement, Swift Blade and Savage Blade you've got the whole Level 2 spectrum covered.
Just skimmed, but you seem to be ignoring how much more damage CdC does than the other ws, and also the ODD effect from using CdC
This. But since he hasn't played in awhile he might not have known about CDC or ODD.
 Midgardsormr.Armando
By Midgardsormr.Armando 2011-04-29 21:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You don't have to sacrifice CdC since it has Lv2 properties as well; you'd be using it once out of every 4 WS (Savage Blade -> CdC -> Atonement -> Swift Blade.) Since Aftermath lasts 30 seconds, that's more than long enough to get in 4 WS.

As for the damage, the SC damage will eventually build up to the point that it surpasses the CDC spam. I've made a chart for the sake of discussion, using CdC's damage as my unit of measure. Based off FFXIClopedia's stats for CdC, I've made some pretty generous estimates and assumed that Swift Blade will only do 40% of CdC's damage, and since Savage Blade is trash I gave it 20%. From the second video I'm estimating an average CdC damage of 2.5k, and Atonement does 700, so 28%.

It's pretty big, so I'll link to it here.

The Damage column lists the damage for that WS + Skillchain in terms of CdC damage. The Cumulative column shows the accumulated damage so far. Basically, by the 14th WS, you've already done 96% off the CDC spam's damage so it wasn't a wasted effort, and on the 18th you'll surpass it, with your damage jumping up every 4 WS. The longer the chain goes, the wider the gap between the two gets.

If I've underestimated Savage and especially Swift Blade's damage, or overestimated the average CdC (makes Atonement be worth less) then it'll take less WS to break even and start to see gains.

From the video I'd say getting 14 WS is possible; he doesn't seem to take damage from the extra mobs so if he needs more TP to SC consistently he could just get some more. So I guess the main thing is not getting tied up for more than 5 seconds since you last WS'd. Of course I'm also assuming that SC resists aren't too much of an issue, which from the video it appears they aren't.

Incidentally if someone wants to give me more accurate figures for the WS damage I could rerun the numbers pretty quickly.

EDIT: Also, is there any particular reason Reprisal wasn't being used?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-04-30 06:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably just cause there wasn't really any need for reprisal. While it would be a little bit of additional dmg, it'd be pretty minuscule compared to the WS spam. Since you'd probably have 100% block rate on mobs of that lvl, reprisal's really not gonna do all that much. And while I can't see any NMs lasting long enough for reprisal spikes to start killing your adds, It'd probably best not to dmg them till you want them dead.

I forget if spikes dmg can put you on a mobs hate list. When using a WHM alt, that's also a concern. You don't wanna have to worry about keeping hate on your adds. Simple aggro is best

Or it could just be that since you don't get much in the way of block rate from it with Ochain, that he just forgets to use it like I do now.

In any case, using a WS rotation for continuous SCs is an interesting idea. I might try it vs CDC spam on the same NM a couple times and see what kills it faster.
 Ramuh.Atoreis
Server: Ramuh
user: Atoreis
By Ramuh.Atoreis 2011-04-30 10:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

stuff

The problem is even if I am spamming there are still breaks there. When I would be knock out right after WS and it would start casting for example I would need to wait for it to come to me because I can't run to him w/o *** up positioning on bats. I was also lucky on doom which it didn't use and would make me spam holy waters instead of WSing. It's worth to try on something else but I don't think it's worth on Bukhis.
 Midgardsormr.Armando
By Midgardsormr.Armando 2011-04-30 11:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough. Like I said I haven't played since ACP so I'm pretty much out of the loop, but the increasing SC damage thing is a little-known fact so I figured I'd throw it out there.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-04-30 12:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Still don't see the point to this... war > pld amber build.