"Hundred Shields" PLD :)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » "Hundred shields" PLD :)
"Hundred shields" PLD :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-28 12:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
r u saying im a liar?
How can someone call you something that you called yourself? :o

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/insinuating

I don't like being called a lair bro...
[+]
 Sylph.Quiznor
Server: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-04-28 12:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Ochain is going to be nerfed, SE already said this.

Where?
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-04-28 12:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you guys feeding the troll?

The competent people here that have Ochain/Aegis/etc and have done the tests and are keeping up with the notes aren't wasting their time with Draylo's obvious attempt to troll, so no one else should.

Get the *** out.

Additionally, back on topic:

Making Aegis's MDT go beyond the cap would be a great easy fix for it being highly useful again against magic casting NMs (I prefer Aegis over Ochain when tanking AV, though we still zerg it atm usually). However I don't see SE doing this. I always expect the lowest standard from them, so I'm expecting some shitty 5% proc rate "absorb magic damage" or something along those lines.

We'll see.
[+]
 Asura.Jaybezz
Server: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-04-28 12:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said:
Personally, I want them to make it "Converts 25% DMG taken to MP&TP upon successful block".... Hey, I can dream, right? Or maybe some Shield mastery+...

More realistically, I'd like a bit more DMG reduction on block/more DEF.

blocking more dmg then 0 is still 0 tho right...? just chekcing :P haha pld derp derp
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-04-28 12:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For Aegis, I still like the idea of either:

1: Allowing it to block magical damage, for a suitably amount of dmg, in a separate term from MDT. At a decently high block rate.

or

2: Add a massive amount of magic evasion to Aegis. Make it a one piece resist build. Magic dmg, enfeebles, WS add effects, none of its gonna stick with enough resistance.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-04-28 12:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jaybezz said:
Ragnarok.Martel said:
Personally, I want them to make it "Converts 25% DMG taken to MP&TP upon successful block".... Hey, I can dream, right? Or maybe some Shield mastery+...

blocking more dmg then 0 is still 0 tho right...? just chekcing :P haha pld derp derp

There are quite a lot of mobs that hit for 0 on shield blocks after phalanx. More dmg reduction would make more mobs hit for 0. And I still get TP for it. ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-28 12:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
r u saying im a liar?
How can someone call you something that you called yourself? :o
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/insinuating I don't like being called a lair bro...
Liar.

Whatcha gunna do about it? lol..you know you troll ah.com honestly why do you care if ppl you don't know nor care about call you a liar?

Did it hurt your feelings?
[+]
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-04-28 12:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:
Ragnarok.Martel said:

There are quite a lot of mobs that hit for 0 on shield blocks after phalanx. More dmg reduction would make more mobs hit for 0. And I still get TP for it. ^^

lol ^^ yeh going 2 say the Aegis SE might BYpass the magic hard cap for aegis owners(cap is 50%) what u think? 25% gear 25%(noob shell5) THEN 30-40% from shield? that would put it on par with Ochain 2 its phy counterpart.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Atoreis
Server: Ramuh
user: Atoreis
By Ramuh.Atoreis 2011-04-28 12:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said:
Why aren't you changing gear when you WS/cast...

Please tell me it's blinkmenot.

Please Atoreis.

Please.

Watch the chat log in the movie there is plenty on inventory changed :)

It's not blinkmenot it's lag :D
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-04-28 12:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is cool, but why not one-shot them with charged whisker and move on? I hate to sound like a broken record about PLD because I do appreciate the job and I enjoyed leveling/playing it, but there's no reason to use PLD over BLU in abyssea. If BLU can cleave five times faster than PLD then what's the point of this? Once amber is capped, AoEing with aeolian edge does not result in any more amber chests than whisker.

I really hate to crap on PLD more because I don't consider myself part of the "PLD is dead bandwagon," but in this case I really don't see the point of using PLD. Maybe someone can elucidate it for me?
[+]
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-04-28 12:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
This is cool, but why not one-shot them with charged whisker and move on? I hate to sound like a broken record about PLD because I do appreciate the job and I enjoyed leveling/playing it, but there's no reason to use PLD over BLU in abyssea. If BLU can cleave five times faster than PLD then what's the point of this? Once amber is capped, AoEing with aeolian edge does not result in any more amber chests than whisker.

I really hate to crap on PLD more because I don't consider myself part of the "PLD is dead bandwagon," but in this case I really don't see the point of using PLD. Maybe someone can elucidate it for me?

show me a blu than can kill bukis like that... derp derp ^^
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-28 12:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he claims that the game glitches when you kill all mobs at once and you don't get full exp rewarded so he does it on PLD instead.
[+]
 Phoenix.Vael
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-04-28 12:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
This is cool, but why not one-shot them with charged whisker and move on? I hate to sound like a broken record about PLD because I do appreciate the job and I enjoyed leveling/playing it, but there's no reason to use PLD over BLU in abyssea. If BLU can cleave five times faster than PLD then what's the point of this? Once amber is capped, AoEing with aeolian edge does not result in any more amber chests than whisker. I really hate to crap on PLD more because I don't consider myself part of the "PLD is dead bandwagon," but in this case I really don't see the point of using PLD. Maybe someone can elucidate it for me?

Did you watch the NM fight video?

Edit: But I agree the rest is unremarkable except for those who figured PLD couldn't 'FC' to begin with - which certainly doesn't require Ochain.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-04-28 12:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

While neat, still doesnt make pld useful :/
 Phoenix.Vael
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-04-28 12:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:

I'll agree only because for the NMs it does require Ochain and Almace be an effective, fast kill. Otherwise, this makes PLD just as useful as every other Job in Abyssea that is known for doing solo/lowman work. All you need is a MNK and a WHM... or in this case a PLD and a WHM. PLD just has to have both emps.
 Ramuh.Atoreis
Server: Ramuh
user: Atoreis
By Ramuh.Atoreis 2011-04-28 12:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:

If you cleave for chest then
PLD will kill those mobs in like 15-20 sec
BLU will in about the same.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-04-28 12:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Vael said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

I'll agree only because for the NMs it does require Ochain and Almace be an effective, fast kill. Otherwise, this makes PLD just as useful as every other Job in Abyssea that is known for doing solo/lowman work. All you need is a MNK and a WHM... or in this case a PLD and a WHM. PLD just has to have both emps.

Well, honestly any DD + WHM can prob kill anything, just can take longer.
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-04-28 12:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jaybezz said:
Bismarck.Helel said:

show me a blu than can kill bukis like that... derp derp ^^
Really? Helel's whole post is about Aoe farming and you mention the 2nd video...

I've heard several different numbers, 8 mobs, 10 mobs, 12 mobs, 16 mobs, etc. Either way it doesn't matter if a PLD "pulls the key amount" so can BLU and 1-2 shot them... 3-4 if your BLU is lacking like mine :D

That being said the 2nd video is very cool and also a very nice alternative method to small manning NMs.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2011-04-28 12:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Vael said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

Just ochain, aftermath is kind of useless with that TP gain your getting from shield blocks if thats what your doing, so you can use the WoE sword, or even spam vorpal blade and still be effective.

Anyway PLD can do most aoe burning in abyssea solo, until you put an nm in the mix, thats what makes it worth while, because on war spamming fell cleave i usually need at least a WHM. Where as on PLD i can pull the mobs myself, run to a wall to stack them and kill them myself, in about the same amount of time.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-28 13:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Well he claims that the game glitches when you kill all mobs at once and you don't get full exp rewarded so he does it on PLD instead.
This is true. You only get xp credit for the first 8 mobs killed. Chests can drop for all mobs blown up tho.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-04-28 13:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
This is true. You only get xp credit for the first 8 mobs killed. Chests can drop for all mobs blown up tho.

Wait, what? ive cleaved a lot of times and killed more then 8 mobs and gotten each for each one.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-28 13:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Wait, what? ive cleaved a lot of times and killed more then 8 mobs and gotten each for each one.
How long has it been since you've done this. We did this as a ls 3 times in the passed 2 weeks all in T.Canyon and not once on ooo 100 or more pulls where 15 mobs were 1 shot'd did we get full xp credit.

At first we thought it was just chat log over flow..so we looked at xp pre pull and post pull and it always added up to 8 (might have been 9 but never more than 9).

Don't know if it was some kinda nerf or not.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-04-28 13:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Think last time I cleaved was about... 2-3 weeks ago.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-28 13:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the key to xp glitch is were all mobs are killing with 1 Charged Wisker. If kills are staggered then xp credit might happen for more than the first 8~9 mobs.

We have remedied this by bringing more than 1 blu to ls leechfest. Eash blu pulls 8ish mobs and solo's there own set of mobs. Thus giving full xp credit to leechers/Ki holders.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-04-28 13:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I plan to cleave again soon to get my alts THF up so ill keep an eye on it and see whats up.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-04-28 13:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cleaved 4-5 times in the last week and got exp for all mobs.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-28 13:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like *** to me because I've gotten exp from every mob myself having pulled over 8 for sure.