"Hundred Shields" PLD :)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » "Hundred shields" PLD :)
"Hundred shields" PLD :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ramuh.Atoreis
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Atoreis
By Ramuh.Atoreis 2011-04-28 04:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna introduce my idea how PLD can be better solo DD/tank in low man situation in abyssea and better for cleave then any other job
I called it "Hundred Shields" because it was first thing that came to my mind
Samples in both movies are pretty small but that's because I wanted to make them fast. Cleave should work on almost any mobs. If you are solo then EP-DC for non mnk mobs and T-IT for MNK mobs. If you have a healer then probably all of them. As for the fighting NM this way I know it's a little risky and need some preparation before the fight but doesn't ppl whining for how easy and boring are fights now?
Anyway I hope you enjoy this idea:

Cleave:
Movie 1

NM:
movie 2
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-28 05:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

thats rather impressive. but i think "hundred shields" is kinda of a lame name >_> i like "Cleaving Wall of Justice"better
[+]
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-04-28 05:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well looks great for building amber solo, but WAR+WHM still beats the ***out of this for fast killing.

BRD+WAR+WHM beats the *** ***out of the NM thing too- same number of people assuming your WHM is decent, although I doubt it would work as well on more powerful NMs like bukhis...

Either way Ochain is one hell of a trial to get, and the fact that it's NEEDED for PLD to be remotely useful is kinda lulzy...
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-28 05:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Will give credit where credit is due. Good ***
[+]
 Ramuh.Atoreis
By Ramuh.Atoreis 2011-04-28 05:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
thats rather impressive. but i think "hundred shields" is kinda of a lame name >_> i like "Cleaving Wall of Justice"better

Haha I like it too :D
[+]
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-04-28 05:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

and suddently pld is tp DD go figure... -.- we almost done with our LS ochain should be interesting ^^
By Delion 2011-04-28 05:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty *** awesome what you came up with haha.
 Ramuh.Atoreis
By Ramuh.Atoreis 2011-04-28 05:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said:
Well looks great for building amber solo, but WAR+WHM still beats the ***out of this for fast killing.

Imo it isn't. War killing process will be a little faster like 5 sec instead of 10 with 20 mobs but on PLD I can pull 20-30 mobs easily when on WAR it require WHM following me all the time and it still can be risky. Fell cleave also have very poor AoE range and usually with many mobs you need to finish some of them with hits. I need to position good on PLD only if I solo. If I have a healer then I can pull 20+ mobs and just stay in center and Aedge will hit mobs behind me also.

BRD+WAR+WHM beats the *** ***out of the NM thing too- same number of people assuming your WHM is decent, although I doubt it would work as well on more powerful NMs like bukhis...

3rd person was BLM for yellow.

Either way Ochain is one hell of a trial to get, and the fact that it's NEEDED for PLD to be remotely useful is kinda lulzy...

Ehhh... It's not about "What to do to compete with WARs and MNKs on PLD" It's about "What you can do if you have Empys" that's all XD
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 05:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I wondered about this when ochain block rate first came out but most poeple discounted the tp gain from blocking adding to DD capability cause they were too busy lolplding.

Also as far as the war thing goes... if he still has the same whm as he had when I was with them there's no way he'd survive pulling more mobs than he could've done solo on war :(.

Btw Ato how is our I can't cast cures whm doing? She finally get 90 pld so she could start lvling whm from 75 74 ;)
[+]
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-04-28 05:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Atoreis said:

Imo it isn't. War killing process will be a little faster like 5 sec instead of 10 with 20 mobs but on PLD I can pull 20-30 mobs easily when on WAR it require WHM following me all the time and it still can be risky. Fell cleave also have very poor AoE range and usually with many mobs you need to finish some of them with hits. I need to position good on PLD only if I solo. If I have a healer then I can pull 20+ mobs and just stay in center and Aedge will hit mobs behind me also.

I guess with only two people that's true, If I'm fell cleaving I usually have 1-2 DNC or THF with me though. More power to you if you can only do it with two.

On the other hand if blue chests are dropping and you have a RDM/SCH with you, you can defender, phalanx II, AoE stoneskin then pull, pop Mighty Strikes and Blood Rage and kill them all in 1~2 hits depending on the stragglers. Pop ISL, repeat. Revitalizer if ISL doesn't drop, or you're going strictly for Gold chests.

Ramuh.Atoreis said:

3rd person was BLM for yellow.

Ehhh... It's not about "What to do to compete with WARs and MNKs on PLD" It's about "What you can do if you have Empys" that's all XD

Well more power to you for being able to do so much as PLD.
 Quetzalcoatl.Roark
By Quetzalcoatl.Roark 2011-04-28 05:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i want an ochain now, how long did it take you
 Ramuh.Atoreis
By Ramuh.Atoreis 2011-04-28 05:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Azdaja part 4 days and half was done with brew for speed things up. Other half was done mnk/blm whm whm thf for both cleave chest for KI and fight.

Souls part took like week +

I had 20 plates from spamming Pantokrator and remaining 30 I dual boxed with MNK + WHM in 6-7h.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 05:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess with only two people that's true, If I'm fell cleaving I usually have 1-2 DNC or THF with me though. More power to you if you can only do it with two. On the other hand if blue chests are dropping and you have a RDM/SCH with you, you can defender, phalanx II, AoE stoneskin then pull, pop Mighty Strikes and Blood Rage and kill them all in 1~2 hits depending on the stragglers. Pop ISL, repeat. Revitalizer if ISL doesn't drop, or you're going strictly for Gold chests.
If you have rdm/sch and acess to lots of 2hring you could just run around chainspelling the *** out of everything and not even have to do real pulling. Obviously only works for mobs that are semi grouped but can still kill a good 6-10 per chainspell easy pop an ISL and walk over to some others and immediately do it again :) real fun on things like worms not like it matters much since you should be able to 2 shot most things with blizz IV
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-04-28 05:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh with Ochain pld pulling "1" family of mobs is rather poor sause.... in mis cost u "could" pull bombs+spectors+bats+pink birdys... that is easy 100+mobs(all link or aggro or both ^^) and u will prob kill them in under 30 seconds... so ur 2hr will prob outlast the rape.

Ochain is sick but unsure how it will hold up V the bats def down TP move only reason i said 2hr since that could screw u over on the whole 1-2dmg per hit thing ^^

what u think?
[+]
 Ramuh.Atoreis
By Ramuh.Atoreis 2011-04-28 05:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jaybezz said:
tbh with Ochain pld pulling "1" family of mobs is rather poor sause.... in mis cost u "could" pull bombs+spectors+bats+pink birdys... that is easy 100+mobs(all link or aggro or both ^^) and u will prob kill them in under 30 seconds... so ur 2hr will prob outlast the rape.

Ochain is sick but unsure how it will hold up V the bats def down TP move only reason i said 2hr since that could screw u over on the whole 1-2dmg per hit thing ^^

what u think?

Maybe some day lol
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-04-28 05:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I guess with only two people that's true, If I'm fell cleaving I usually have 1-2 DNC or THF with me though. More power to you if you can only do it with two. On the other hand if blue chests are dropping and you have a RDM/SCH with you, you can defender, phalanx II, AoE stoneskin then pull, pop Mighty Strikes and Blood Rage and kill them all in 1~2 hits depending on the stragglers. Pop ISL, repeat. Revitalizer if ISL doesn't drop, or you're going strictly for Gold chests.
If you have rdm/sch and acess to lots of 2hring you could just run around chainspelling the *** out of everything and not even have to do real pulling. Obviously only works for mobs that are semi grouped but can still kill a good 6-10 per chainspell easy pop an ISL and walk over to some others and immediately do it again :) real fun on things like worms not like it matters much since you should be able to 2 shot most things with blizz IV

You could, and yeah solo, but I don't see that being as fast as mighty strikes + fell cleave, considering you have to check all those chests solo when the war can sit there and open the chests while someone pulls. But hell, BLU can do all this solo without 2hour too lol, and probably alot faster if allowed to pop 2hour chests and all that jazz. Killing massive amounts of mobs in short periods of time doesn't need 3 SMNs and astral flow anymore...

The more impressive thing is doing Bukhis with such a small amount of people. That thing can be a real headache sometimes if it takes cruor buffs off and HP downs you D:
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-28 05:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice videos but idk, that looks as fast as a blu can do it.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-28 05:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-28 05:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed something interesting the other day while raising my shield skill. mobs didn't do tp moves until I engaged.

and yeah I grabbed a kite shield and 3 regen atmas and just stood in 1 spot while 2~3 pachypodiums were attacking me
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-04-28 05:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Atoreis said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:

what u think?

Maybe some day lol

only saying since our Ochain is on horn(11/75) stage and he goes down like a pussy cat with blade HI + victroy + ukon +fudo if i can be assed coming sam (pro red and zerg pro stuff) lol 100k doesnt mean anythingk know adays when u can do 5-6k Ws's ^^

but Ochain defo saved pld
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 05:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
You could, and yeah solo, but I don't see that being as fast as mighty strikes + fell cleave, considering you have to check all those chests solo when the war can sit there and open the chests while someone pulls. But hell, BLU can do all this solo without 2hour too lol, and probably alot faster if allowed to pop 2hour chests and all that jazz.
Meh just shout for a leech to open chest. I garuntee you will get 5 tells in less than 10 seconds.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-28 05:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
lol

I meant the cleaving part lol, not the TP gain. It takes me two spells to destroy everything w/o getting clipped w/engage and them stunning you into that animation. Also not having to position them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-28 05:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That is in reference to the "I used to cleave on BLU to lvl mules"
[+]
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-04-28 06:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
You could, and yeah solo, but I don't see that being as fast as mighty strikes + fell cleave, considering you have to check all those chests solo when the war can sit there and open the chests while someone pulls. But hell, BLU can do all this solo without 2hour too lol, and probably alot faster if allowed to pop 2hour chests and all that jazz.
Meh just shout for a leech to open chest. I garuntee you will get 5 tells in less than 10 seconds.

... who in their right mind would do that... I mean there's no reason for anyone to do that on RDM unless going for TE quickly... There's like 20k exp tops in the amount of time it would take you to build TE to an agreeable amount.

Not to say I don't agree with you, because people hear 'free leech spot' and jump at the opportunity. They just aren't in their right mind.

On that note 1 WAR 1 DNC and 16 leeches subbing WHM (hopefully one above lvl 45 for cure III) will let you charge 16 people for leech spots. Some people are willing to pay upwards of 500k, rumors of 1mil, for a spot. Maybe not faster than getting lucky farming dark rings but thats a lot of cruor too.
 Ramuh.Atoreis
By Ramuh.Atoreis 2011-04-28 06:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

Well I didn't specify why it was faster then blu/rdm for me on cleave part. Game have bug and If you kill too much mobs at the same time you will get exp for maybe 4 of them or even none. It's not chat log bug. We tested this a lot checking exp after every pull of 20+ mobs and after killing them with exp capped on 590 per one we were getting like 0-2k exp (only this exp which was in chat). So only way was either do small pulls or do big pull and kill them in groups. On blu I was doing the second with dream charged dream then finishing with BT targeting 8-10 with conal range. PLD on the other hand was great for small pulls (the on in the movie was just for the movie). What made PLD faster overall was no preparation between pulls beside Phalanx when on BLU its 4-5 spells and on big pulls you need to slow down to not deaggro mobs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alukat
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-04-28 06:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

good job atoreis. its nice vid ^^
[+]
 Ramuh.Atoreis
By Ramuh.Atoreis 2011-04-28 06:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alukat said:
good job atoreis. its nice vid ^^

Thank you ^^
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 06:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
... who in their right mind would do that... I mean there's no reason for anyone to do that on RDM unless going for TE quickly... There's like 20k exp tops in the amount of time it would take you to build TE to an agreeable amount. Not to say I don't agree with you, because people hear 'free leech spot' and jump at the opportunity. They just aren't in their right mind.

On that note 1 WAR 1 DNC and 16 leeches subbing WHM (hopefully one above lvl 45 for cure III) will let you charge 16 people for leech spots. Some people are willing to pay upwards of 500k, rumors of 1mil, for a spot. Maybe not faster than getting lucky farming dark rings but thats a lot of cruor too.
Lol people jump on leeching just when there is a couple of blms single target killing for dominion ops.

Reason why? Because you can do it solo really fast? Because chainspelling all the time is fun? Besides it requires like no thought or ability? Last time I did it took me all of about 30-40 min to cap azure/pearl solo and from there on TEs just flowed and was super easy. Run up hit key maccro hit chainspell hit blizz IV maccro ALOT convert go to another isl profit

You don't need any other person to do anything but open chest (don't actually need that but yeah I'm cheap when it comes to cruor). You also don't lose mobs from the pulls or lose chest from them being all bunched up. Have to buff for pulls etc.
 Bahamut.Alukat
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-04-28 06:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

... who in their right mind would do that... I mean there's no reason for anyone to do that on RDM unless going for TE quickly... There's like 20k exp tops in the amount of time it would take you to build TE to an agreeable amount.

Not to say I don't agree with you, because people hear 'free leech spot' and jump at the opportunity. They just aren't in their right mind.

when i did imp trial (occ 2-4 attacks axe for bst,i did it solo) i asked ls mates if they want to leech dom ops.they left abyss after 2 hours with ~45k exp.
another time i had a war who helped doing it, we had many TE drops after ~50 minutes. just did pearl kills and opened azure of red chests.
 Leviathan.Maphis
user: Maphis
By Leviathan.Maphis 2011-04-28 06:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

nice to see someone showing what pld can do instead of just the regular blah blah lvlmnk crap.. cool vids and good job.. cant wait to finsh my swrd and shield now :D
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6