First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 28 29 30
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-04 21:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
Lol... faf? He's been solo for a while by beast..
This just throw a Falcorr at him he's a joke.
 Fenrir.Oviraptor
Server: Fenrir
user: Conkers
By Fenrir.Oviraptor 2012-04-05 00:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks a bunch just solo'ed fafnir with Falcorr was a serious joke i just did /sit only to get up at 300 tp and healed x2 lol
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Server: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-04-05 00:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo'd JoL today on BST/DNC.
Pet: Falcorr

Using two EVA axes, shephards chain/anwig w/ DT-10%, and selemus belt, AF3 legs as for main idle pet fighting gear.

Little things to note: Build 300tp before engage| bring Rememdies incase you get paralyzed and have no TP for healing waltz, really do not want your rewards getting paralyzed. You're gonna be pulling the adds off Falcorr one by one and killing them, I put together an EVA set from pieces I had around for solo'ing the adds on beastmaster itself:

-Eva axes x2(10 AGI on each)/Toreo torque/trinton earring x2/heed ring/ocelot legs/phasmida belt/blithe mantle/aurore doublet/and some big haste pieces elsewhere. With that + /dnc JT evasion bonus, eva on the adds was decent

To efficiently grab the adds without getting into contact w/ JoL, I used lvl bow+arrows that BST can use, and pulled/killed adds one by one

Adds tp moves to note: goldfishes will use a paralyzing move so if out of TP pop a remedy, don't wanna get unlucky and find yourself needing to reward your pet and have no TP whilst paralyzed, missing a reward like that may cost you your pet. Sharks use plasma charge, the spikes from this were rather nasty, if HP became a problem before I pulled the next shark add I would TP on a local goldfish for restoration, don't need to kill the goldfish just get sufficient HP back if necessary, or just bring potions if you put more money into the fight.

Other than that pretty simple, JoL's nukes get heavily resisted most of the time, and also Falcorr has a fair interrupt rate on JoL. One Falcorr was enough to beat his full strength regen,but the fight will drag out till his regen becomes very low anyways.
[+]
By Spira 2012-04-05 05:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

can anyone advise for Yuly VS Early Bird Catches Wyrm?

edit: when airborne all attacks are fire based.
the question is how long will the Wyrm stay up..?

Does it land at all if not damaged or will it only land at 33%?

And if the latter, how are you tackling that? Bow and arrow?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-04-09 00:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Is solo'ing Tristitia plausible, or is the one-shot crazys spike damage too often? What pet is best?
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-04-09 13:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone?
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-04-09 16:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

damn, I guess not lol. First thundaga 4 left pet with 2% hp from full life. Def not easy with Yuly or Sheep.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-09 16:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

>___> ouch. Slug might be better for mdef but he won't take the melee hits very nicely. Trist is a punk regardless.
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-04-09 16:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Is solo'ing Tristitia plausible, or is the one-shot crazys spike damage too often? What pet is best?

I read with wotg atma and 2 mdb axes u can solo rani, mabye this would work for tristitia.
 Alexander.Tomdakilla
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tomdakilla 2012-04-10 11:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there~ Anyone here solo'd Isgebind on BST and have a strategy for it ? (including atmas) Thanks
 Quetzalcoatl.Midnightjade
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Midnightjade 2012-04-12 15:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »

Sorry - got to this late. The T2 for this is OK but Tristitia hits really hard. I doubt this one is soloable but would love to be proved wrong. I did kill it on BST but was with a (small) group. Have also done it NIN WHM BLM BRD, with the BLM and BRD just there to proc.

Hope this helps.
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2012-04-13 19:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just solo'ed Tristitia. Atma's RR/Future fabulous/DG. Had usual pet pdt gear on with 1 pdt axe and 1 mdb axe. Nukes were doing around 300-600 dmg and getting resisted every so often for under 100 dmg. Used falcorr for kill speed. Spike dmg was between 1 dmg and 30 dmg. The fight took about 15 mins. Used half a stack of zetas and 0 mulsums. I was waiting for the omgwtfbbq 10000+ spike damage but it never came.
By Eluveitie 2012-04-14 00:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to use up some of my Abby triggers tonight. Started off with Amhuluk who i just tossed on MC/DG/RR tossed a yuly at it and afk'd until it died. Moving on to Titlacauan, he was a little rougher. Lost 2 falc due to memento mori > casts death otherwise a pretty standard fight. If i do it again i'll prolly toss on brother wolf because haldal summons was hurting. Itzpapalotl was last on the agenda, MC/DG/brother wolf atma. Let falc go to 50% and rode DG latent rest of the fight, reward when needed.
By Eluveitie 2012-04-15 00:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite amusing night. Soloed Turul with DY earlier so i go back and a alliance has it. The only reason i didnt nab it while they were zombying it was purely the fact i was lauughing my *** off watchin :D
By Eluveitie 2012-04-15 15:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

On another note has anyone tried Chloris/Ulhudashi?
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2012-04-18 21:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis Valkurm "Lost" NM's

All 3 of Dynamis Valkurm Lost NM's are solo'able by BST. Here's some information I gathered while doing them today.

Lost Fairy Ring

Normal breath attacks - 374 dmg
Silent gas - 374 dmg
frogkick 600-1000 dmg
shakeshroom - 1200 dmg
dark spore - 374 dmg

Used Discreet Louise for dark resist. Used about 1 stack of Theta's and 2 dawn mulsum. Fairly straight forward fight. The only dangerous part is popping him. You can avoid his first breath attack when spawning by running diagonally and putting your pet on it. His pathing is odd near his spawn point and he'll run in a circle after you. He's proc'able with JA.

Let your pet get some hate at the beginning. Run behind him and try to proc him as you would a normal nightmare mob with your back turned. After he's staggered unload a ruinator and that should cement hate on him. The rest of the fight spam ruinator and make sure your pet is topped off on hp. The fight took about 10 mins altogether. Ruinator was doing around 1000-1800 depending on how many hits connected.

pics
Lost Nant'ina

Uppercut - 250-800 dmg (usually around 550 ish)
Blow - 60-90 dmg
Attractant - AOE charm
Counter - 150-250 dmg

Used Fatso Fargann for this fight for blunt resist. This NM follows a certain pattern. He does between 2 to 3 "Blow" attacks followed by 3 uppercuts and then charms (Attractant). 3 "Blows" seem to be the most common. He started doing 2 as his HP got lower but then went back up to 3 before he died so it seems random. Used about 2-3 stacks of Thetas and 1 dawn mulsum. The fight took around 20 mins. He is procable by JA.

I wouldn't call this fight difficult but you really need to pay attention to how many uppercuts he has done in a row. After the 3rd he AOE charms and takes you back to the spawn point if it hits you. You can continue the fight after you uncharm but he regens his hp and you probably won't have enough time to kill him.

Melee with your pet until the 3nd uppercut and start running out of range. After he uses Attractant run back in and melee/ruinator spam. Rinse and repeat until he's dead. I noticed if you sucessfully stun him during an uppercut he restarts his pattern and goes back to "Blow" without using Attractant. It's very difficult though as the move is pretty much instant.

pics
Lost Stcemqestcint

Leafstorm - AOE 15' 500-700 dmg (800-1300 dmg to you)
Drillbranch - 170-300 dmg (seems to be his default normal attack)
Pinecone bomb - Single target sleep 200-400 dmg
Entangle - 200-300 dmg bind

Used Faithful Falcorr for this fight. Used about 2 stacks of Theta's and 0 Dawn mulsum. This NM is procable by JA. The fight took 20-25 mins. I used my 2 hour with augmented af2 pants for this fight.

This fight would be a cakewalk if not for leafstorm. Your pet is in no danger of dying but doing enough damage in the 30 min timeframe and keeping yourself alive is the hard part. Leafstorm does 800-1300 dmg to you and he can use it fairly close together.

What I did was position myself behind the NM and run in for a hit and run back out of range of leafstorm. Manage to avoid a few but still got hit every once in a while. When getting 100 tp wait until he does a tp move like pinecone bomb and run in and ruinator.

There may be enough time to let your pet melee for the whole fight but I didn't try it this time. Would probably be cutting it pretty close. You'll have to put yourself in harms way to proc him anyways so it'll still be a difficult fight.

pics
All 3 NM's were proc'ed but only Moepapa Mace dropped. I was hoping for a better drop rate to replace normal coin farming but it doesn't seem to be the case. 0/3 on moepapa stone. 0/2 moepapa medal. 1/1 moepapa mace.

Hope this helps on future solo's. Happy farming!
[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2012-04-20 15:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Taquede

Aegis Schism - 300-400 dmg defense down
Shackled fist - 300-800 dmg
Dancing chains - 300-400 dmg
Netherspikes - 300-400 dmg
Dimensional death - 300-1100 dmg
Normal attacks - 50-200 dmg

Managed to solo Taquede after a few failed attempts. This NM hits very hard. Used fatso for blunt resist. It's a dawn mulsum heavy fight. Used about 2 stacks of Thetas and 15-18 dawn mulsum. Finished in about 15 mins. Procable by JA.

Even with fatso's blunt resist he was still hitting for about 80-100 dmg per fist. Coupled with Aegis Schism's defense down each fist would go up to about 150-200 per fist. Fairly dangerous NM. Constantly Hundred fists and calls out a pet wyvern about halfway through the fight. Most fomor abilities were doing about 300-400 dmg with spikes due to aegis schism's defense down.

Let your pet get hate and proc him with your back turned. Ruinator when proc'ed and snarl. When he's not in hundred fists mode you can switch out your offhand to a tp builder and spam ruinator. During hundred fists switch your offhand to a pet pdt axe. Save your pet's tp/charges for acid mist during hundred fists. If it lands each fist will be lowered to 50-70 hit per fist making the fight more managable. Sadly Ryuga Sune-ate did not drop.

pics
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-04-20 19:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Burlo in altepa?? Anyone done him??
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-04-20 20:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Mandy NM for BST hand deals on my 97 gimp BST/DNC. Used DY and one to two food per fight. Only would go in swing a few times since this NM has a zero TP move and a nasty poison move. Killed him in about 5 mins per fight with RR, MC,and Stronghold atma. Took almost as much time farming pop item as it took to kill it.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2012-04-23 00:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Angra Mainyu

Notable Attacks

Angra Mainyu
Chainspell Death
Dispel
Sleepga

Dragons
Bodyslam - 300-500 dmg (pet and you)
Heavy stomp - 300-500 dmg para (pet and you)
Chaos Blade - Curse

Been trying this solo off and on for a few months now. The recent update allowing your pet to not despawn when popping really helps out this solo. Used a stack and a half of thetas and about 7-8 mulsums. Fight took about 20 mins. You'll need to use Dipper Yuly for this fight. The level cap increases haven't been kind to this NM but chainspell death <25% hp will end your run quick.

I've tried a lot of different ways to take this NM down due to chainspell death but the most direct way ended up winning. You'll need a blink band, a stack of remedies, an icarus wing, a frenzy helm or poison pots for sleepga and some vile elixirs (+1) for this fight.

You'll need to build up 300tp for yourself and 100tp for yuly before you fight. Use your blink band and pop the NM. Pick a target and stick yuly on him. Use Noisome Powder to get hate on your pet. You'll need to do this fast. Angra can open with sleepga. If you don't do it fast enough yuly will be interupted and you're pretty much dead. If you do die you can still recover. If you raise immediately the mobs won't aggro you. Call your pet and send him in. You'll have to run out of range quickly though.

The dragons TP moves have a huge 30 yalm range so you'll need to run out of 30 yalms and back into range to target a mob and then run back out. You'll have to do this for healing him too. Once one of the 4 dragons is down you can go in and melee with your pet. 3 body slams won't insta kill you but 4 will. If Angra still has a lot of hp you can try taking down another dragon while you're at a safe range.

You have to be mindful of how much hp Angra Mainyu has while you're doing this. He's extremely weak. Make sure his hp does not go under 25%. Yuly will be flailing about attacking randomly. If for whatever reason there are still dragons left and he's nearing the 25% hp mark pull him back and just let him sit there while you take down the dragons.

Once its just you and Angra Mainyu slowly take him down to 26%. I pulled yuly off and just did it myself. Yuly does a lot of dmg on him and wasn't going to risk a triple attack or crit. Once he's at 26% hp have Yuly use sudden lunge and unload on him. I used Onslaught > Ruinator for darkness and finished him off. I noticed darkness didn't need to go off to kill him so Ruinator > Ruinator should do the trick. I was expecting Yuly to go down at least but he survived. Probably would have had enough time to get off a 3rd ws via reverse flourish if the previous 2 didn't kill him.

lots of pics
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-04-23 00:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice man!! Thanks for the pics!!!
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-05-05 23:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Please keep these these NM's and gear sets coming. I really need your knowledge.
 Odin.Terren
By Odin.Terren 2012-05-06 01:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo'd the final Moogle Coup d'Etat fight tonight, I know it's been done, but I'm still kinda proud, probably one of the harder battlefields I've done on BST.

After some searching here and a few places I decided to go bst/sch for decent enfeebling and manifestation-sleep; I've got SCH99 and it's my other fave job so this was kind of appropriate. Drain and Aspir were pretty crucial, I never thought to try Noctohelix but I should have.

Failed the first time - I made some dumb mistakes, notably meleeing with my pet too much and failing to use Snarl at the right moments. First round I used Dipper, and he did just fine, I just got nuked to oblivion at the wrong moment.

After repeating the ridiculous time-sink moogle game BS, I made my second attempt, and used Nazuna thinking I'd have a second sleepga ... neglecting to remember how low she caps. She did ok, but whereas Dipper was crit'ing for 1k and Sudden Lung was doing 2k+, Nazuna was fighting to break 400. Sheep Song worked but wasn't much more useful than my sleepga.

Summoned Dipper after she died, and the rest of the fight went great. Dipper super-tanked the last phase with the 5 moogles nuking him and the main boss, he seems to have decent magic resist in this fight. Only needed a few Etas once the fight was under control.

A few thoughts on strategy and a wall of text:
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2012-05-06 01:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Phunkism said: »
Used Discreet Louise for dark resist. Used about 1 stack of Theta's and 2 dawn mulsum. Fairly straight forward fight. The only dangerous part is popping him. You can avoid his first breath attack when spawning by running diagonally and putting your pet on it. His pathing is odd near his spawn point and he'll run in a circle after you. He's proc'able with JA.

Proc'ed Lost Fairy Ring with a WS today at 23:48 gametime. I have no idea how the proc's work on these NM's anymore. Maybe any action taken on them can proc.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-05-06 01:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I am so excited to try this!!
By CVang2002 2012-05-18 13:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloed A Shantotto's Accension ^^. pets seemed to get all the hex bonus.
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-05-19 17:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
What about Burlo in altepa?? Anyone done him??
Watched a BST in a trio end up soloing it with Slug as the others kept running up just before Inferno, it was kinda funny.

Gear wasn't anything special perle/emp +1/2 mix. Didn't respond when I asked about atmas. Slug was taking 60s from melee 30s from add effect and Inferno was doing 950ish.

Spira said: »
can anyone advise for Yuly VS Early Bird Catches Wyrm?

edit: when airborne all attacks are fire based.
the question is how long will the Wyrm stay up..?

Does it land at all if not damaged or will it only land at 33%?

And if the latter, how are you tackling that? Bow and arrow?
I'd love to get some info on this as well.
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-05-20 01:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless BST has access to a gun I'm overlooking, your best bet will likely be using /RNG and Sidewinder. Won't be particularly quick, but it should get the job done.

Oh, and yes, it will only land when its HP is sufficiently reduced.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-05-20 01:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

dammit now you have me wanting to build a /rng set on bst and try this to see if it can be done sidewinder acc has me scared shitless though
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 28 29 30