Oh man, if only.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-12 18:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Only thing I made sure to check the difference between was the 5-hit reckoning +1 and 6-hit Kalav +1 and its only a few milliseconds of a difference in the two getting to 100 TP, reckoning having the slight advantage.

Yeah, they seem to be pretty close. I actually just checked the difference between 528 delay 5hit Reckoning, and a 456 delay 6hit Kalavejs.

All the calculations in this post made the post longer, but I wanted to post them for credibility and consistency's sake.

For people not interested in reading all the calculations,you can just scroll down the page to the "Final conclusions" portion of the post. (which is also in bold)

Here is what I found:

Zero Haste (just the base weapons as they are):

528 * 5 = 2640 delay to 100% TP
456 * 6 = 2736 delay to 100% TP

To put it in seconds:

Reckoning 5hit gets to 100% TP in 44 seconds
Kalavejs 6hit gets to 100% TP in 45.6 seconds

2736/2640 = ~3.6%

With zero haste, there is ~3.6% more Weapon skill frequency with the 528 delay 5hit Reckoning. Or in seconds, the Reckoning scythe is 1.6 seconds faster to 100% TP, than the 6hit Kalavejs GS.

Though the 6hit Kalavej's is also doing an extra melee hit in that time.

Now, here is where it gets a bit more interesting:

Let's add 44% haste, which is the haste you get with just 19% haste in gear + haste spell + hasso.

A 528 delay + 44% haste = 295 delay

(295 /60) = 4.9 * 5 = ~24.5 seconds to 100% TP in 5 hits.

A 456 delay + 44% haste = 255 delay

(255 /60) = 4.2 * 6 = ~25.2 seconds to 100% TP in 6 hits.

25.2 - 24.5 = ~0.7

As you can see from the above, at 44% haste, a 5hit Reckoning scythe is now only ~0.7 sec faster than a 6hit Kalavejs to 100% TP.

------------------------------------------------------------

To further support these claims:

Using FFXIcalculator: (uses more precise values with a n/1024 scale, for calculating haste)

You can also calculate 528 delay + 19% gear haste + haste spell + hasso, which is equal to ~43.55% (not 44% like I had used earlier), due to haste working on a n/1024 scale, so it's a little less than the 44% haste that I had listed earlier.

Here's a screenshot of FFXIcalculator results:

As you can see, with the 528 delay scythe and 43.55% haste, it takes 5.0 sec for a swing.

Therefore, you do: 5.0 * 5 = 25 seconds to get to 100% TP in 5 hits.

Then here's a screenshot of the results for the 456 delay GS with FFXIcalculator's 43.55% haste:

As you can see, with the 456 delay GS and 43.55% haste, it takes 4.3 sec for a swing.

Therefore, you do: 4.3 * 6 = 25.8 seconds to get to 100% TP in 6 hits.

So, 25.8 - 25 = ~0.8

Therefore, with FFXIcalculator's 43.55% haste, the 5hit Reckoning scythe only gets to 100% TP, ~0.8 seconds faster than a 6hit Kalavejs.

This is also pretty consistent with my initial calculations(the ones I did first, without ffxicalculator), that showed that a 5hit Reckoning scythe was only ~0.7 sec. faster than a 6hit Kalavejs to 100% TP, with both weapons at 44% haste.

------------------------------------------------------------

Final conclusions:

At zero haste, the 5hit reckoning scythe is ~1.6 seconds faster than a 6 hit Kalavejs GS to 100% TP.

However, at decent to higher haste levels, the 5hit reckoning scythe is only faster by less than a second. (about 0.7 sec. at +44% haste)

The reckoning +1 scythe has 113 base dmg, and the Kalavejs +1 GS has 98 base dmg.

Therefore, the Reckoning +1 scythe has 15 more base dmg than the Kalavejs +1 GS; however, the Kalavejs +1 GS is also doing one more melee swing on the way to 100% TP, while still getting to 100% in a similar amount of time as the 5hit Reckoning scythe... so the extra melee swing should make up for the lower base damage on the GS, in terms of melee damage.

Also worth mentioning that the Kalavej +1 has slightly more DPS (Damage per second).

Kalevjs+1 DPS: 98 * 60 / 456 = 12.89 DPS

Reckoning+1 DPS: 113 * 60 / 528 = 12.84 DPS

Finally, considering all that...I would say that which weapon of the two is better will depend mostly on their weapon skill damage.

The 5hit Reckoning scythe should win on situations where your Guillotine is doing more consistently higher damage (on weak to normal mobs that are not very evasive or mobs that don't have ridiculous high defense etc.).

The 6hit Kalavejs should win on situations where your Spinning Slash would be doing more consistently higher damage (on high defense, and/or high evasion mobs etc.).

[+]
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 04:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What's with DRK's getting Store TP gear, and Haste, but no attack... Where's the logic?
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-13 04:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
What's with DRK's getting Store TP gear, and Haste, but no attack... Where's the logic?
I hope you die
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 04:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
I hope you die
Nice...

I see it hasn't changed where yanks are concerned, still talking crap, what's next, you going to call me Gay... So sad.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-13 04:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How are you going to complain about lowering your xhit build and capping your haste cap BECAUSE the fact you are not receiving more attack that YOU SHOULD BE CAPPED ON.
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 04:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
How are you going to complain about lowering your xhit build and capping your haste cap BECAUSE the fact you are not receiving more attack that YOU SHOULD BE CAPPED ON.

My post was more for the crap trait, that is "Store TP" haste, I'll give people, but lets not forget the cap on equipment, which I've seen people go over with too much haste gear, which is a waste of equipment slots.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-13 04:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You realize for DRK to reach haste cap and "waste" slots they would either need a Apoc, or uncapped accuracy and alot of expensive/hard to get gear, I highly doubt you've ran into many DRKs running into that type of situation, and are you telling me STP will cap for DRK, and shooting for 5hit builds are against the DRK way? After your little racist remark against me, I wont help to let you know you fit the stereotype of a ***Euro player :)
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 05:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
You realize for DRK to reach haste cap and "waste" slots they would either need a Apoc, or uncapped accuracy and alot of expensive/hard to get gear, I highly doubt you've ran into many DRKs running into that type of situation, and are you telling me STP will cap for DRK, and shooting for 5hit builds are against the DRK way? After your little racist remark against me, I wont help to let you know you fit the stereotype of a ***Euro player :)

I never said I've seen loads, I said I've seen several that go OTT with Haste, despite already being at the cap, do try to keep up.

You loose any leg to stand on when you replied with "I hope you die." I mean honestly, not to mention American's are a nationality, not race.... Seriously.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-13 05:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I am coming down fast from alot of acid, so my wording may be a little *** up, but even in candy land, i know giving DRK lower xhit builds and capping haste w/o a Apoc while maintaining capped accuracy is a good thing?
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 05:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
I am coming down fast from alot of acid, so my wording may be a little *** up, but even in candy land, i know giving DRK lower xhit builds and capping haste w/o a Apoc while maintaining capped accuracy is a good thing?

Yes, cap the equipment haste, then stop and get other gear, Accuracy, Attack, STR, whatever.

My point is those that just follow "trends" get all haste, to the point of exceeding caps. Doesn't make sense.

Again though, my original post was to Store TP. Like the tanks don't have a hard enough job as it is without DRK's using more TP's.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 05:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:

Yes, cap the equipment haste, then stop and get other gear, Accuracy, Attack, STR, whatever.

My point is those that just follow "trends" get all haste, to the point of exceeding caps. Doesn't make sense.

Again though, my original post was to Store TP. Like the tanks don't have a hard enough job as it is without DRK's using more TP's.

Oh god...
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-13 05:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is YOU CANT HIT THE HASTE CAP UNLESS YOU LOOK LIKE THIS and i honestly bet 90% DRKs dont, so them wanting to get closer to the haste cap is a good thing.... and you not realizing you will reach attack caps far before haste caps is blowing my mind lol
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-09-13 05:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Aulse said:
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Oh man, if only.
Can't use Catastrophe from offhand.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-13 06:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My Drk is level 37 ive played this game for two weeks and know what I am talking about.

Seriously stop trolling my job and gtfo. Things work out for a certain reason, this games all math, and things dont work out because you want them to.

Haste is an ok stat? Lowering your x-hit is a dumb idea? Are you *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?

Don't throw out random remarks about ***you obviously havent researched or done the math to back up, you sir are a *** retard.

The fact that you would even argue w/ Mankey a *** Apoc Drk and probrably one of the most skilled DD that I have played with makes me *** rage.

Gtfo and go troll somewhere else.
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 06:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:

My Drk is level 37 ive played this game for two weeks and know what I am talking about.

Seriously stop trolling my job and gtfo. Things work out for a certain reason, this games all math, and things dont work out because you want them to.

Haste is an ok stat? Lowering your x-hit is a dumb idea? Are you *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?

Don't throw out random remarks about ***you obviously havent researched or done the math to back up, you sir are a *** retard.

The fact that you would even argue w/ Mankey a *** Apoc Drk and probrably one of the most skilled DD that I have played with makes me *** rage.

Gtfo and go troll somewhere else.
Get a grip, it's a game you sad little pest.

Getting angry because I questioned someone, are you simple, do you need to be in a special home, do you cut yourself if someone calls you a doo-doo head, so sad.... TOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAAAD!
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-09-13 10:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
Quetzalcoatl.Aulse said:
Oh man, if only.
would be cool if you can weaponskill with either hand =/
Get a grip, it's a game you sad little pest. Getting angry because I questioned someone, are you simple, do you need to be in a special home, do you cut yourself if someone calls you a doo-doo head, so sad.... TOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAAAD!
Simple? Special home? cut yourself? doo-doo head?
TOOOO BAAAD?
did you google epic comebacks or something because you sound like you should be in elementary school
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 10:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
Quetzalcoatl.Aulse said:
Oh man, if only.
would be cool if you can weaponskill with either hand =/
Get a grip, it's a game you sad little pest. Getting angry because I questioned someone, are you simple, do you need to be in a special home, do you cut yourself if someone calls you a doo-doo head, so sad.... TOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAAAD!
Simple? Special home? cut yourself? doo-doo head?
TOOOO BAAAD?
did you google epic comebacks or something because you sound like you should be in elementary school

I was going for Yankee insults, I feel I did quite good. Childish and Immature, IE. Perfect Yank.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 10:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything positive I've done for the British, destroyed.
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 10:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Believe me, you started the destruction when you started spelling American.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 10:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:

It's rather inconsequential. There are a lot of aspects about Britain that suck balls.

Mainly the English.
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-09-13 10:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

It's rather inconsequential. There are a lot of aspects about Britain that suck balls.

Mainly the weather.
Fact.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 10:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah, I hate the sun anyway.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 10:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

Mainly the English.

Nah, the Scottish and Welsh silly.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 10:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me know once you've got your own national anthem.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 10:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:

No need to, well known FACT the Scottish and Welsh are the worst part of Britain, I state it once more, FACT.

If they'd get off our land, we'd be happy.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 10:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:

No need to, well known FACT the Scottish and Welsh are the worst part of Britain, I state it once more, FACT.

If they'd get off our land, we'd be happy.

Oh I'm sorry. I couldn't hear you over the pollution and crime rate.
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-13 10:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

Mainly the English.

/Gives Flion an inflatable sheep

lol @ darkest thinking increasing your dps via store tp is bad because of poor paladins

My work here is done
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 11:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

And true, we may have sex with sheep often, but at least we don't get mugged or choke on polluted air whilst we enjoy our quarry.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-13 11:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

How did I miss this party?