New Store TP Kalavejs +1 6-Hit GS
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-23 11:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Abaddon said:
Excelior I see your point. And i agree with everything but +10% is ***. not argueing your point Why its ***but just saying its ***. He did never claimed it really matters. But nor did i claim it did matter. your right say if he had Goading belt and SE releases some other Good store-tp gear than I can totally see it. 6hit hell even a 5hit w/e. The weapon isnt ***nor is store-tp+8 is crap. Its the response of elitism that he potrays which is pure lame. Ive agreed with you Use a Scythe I take it farther cause I say even with the current 6-hit you still should be using scythe. As i see it GS is just a epeen dmg toy at the moment. Almost Any thing you can do with a GS you can do with a Scythe but with a scythe u can do better. The only thing you cant do with a scythe at lv85 is pull off the high numbers on an HNM as u can with a GS. Hence i say if your gonna use a GS than go with the extra DMG modifiers be it +10% ws dmg or what ever and might as well go /thf to make that damage even larger. Every last one of his arguements had no direct counters to any of the things i brought up. And he is hiding behind math that cant possibly be accurate because of vairiables unless your attacking a wall that doesnt hit back. By lv 99 I hope there can be a useful 6hit tactic hell i hope its even a 5 hit with reasonbale gear. But to be like nah you cant hang with the big boys cause you dont have the toys to Tidus is just lame. If i ever use GS over a scythe its too keep GS capped or to have fun and see how much dmg i can do in a single WS otherwise WHY? Though that just may be my arogance talking.

Oh, well I just ignore elitism. There is nothing "elite" about a video game.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-09-23 12:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Can we ban Darkestknight from all DRK-related threads :(

No, I'm enjoying this because it's not in the SAM forum for a change :)
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-23 12:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason i went with +10% is because without changing any of my gear, i have a perfect 7/6 hit rebuild
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-23 12:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:

im a wild free rebel.

The +10% WS dmg Kalavejs+1 is not really bad if you don't have the gear necessary to 6hit that GS (Need +42STP for TP and +40STP for WS, for a 6hit/5hit rebuild).

If you can 6hit it with the storeTP path though, then the StoreTP GS will be better because going from a 456 delay 7hit to a 6hit... is a 20% increase in WS frequency.

20% more WS frequency will be better than 10% WS damage.

Also Tidusblitz, that's not your TP gear right?

You should be using Full perle for TP (unless you got stuff like DRK AF3 +2 head, dusk gloves+1 etc. or if you need a StoreTP body for an X-hit build)

Lakshmi.Abaddon said:

Eh. This is how i feel bout store-TP and greatsword, Really???!?

Just my two cents im not trolling i just dont understand why someone would go for a x-build GS when GS is all bout high numbers not how many.

You are very confused.

More WSs is better...

Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-23 13:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No that wasnt my tp gear, thats right after the trial and i was doing it drk/rdm, so i wanted the MP from homam and turban

edit: it will be something like that when i get my AF3+2 head
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-23 16:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK forums make me cry, but srsly DRK/THF is off the chain
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-23 16:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
People are using drk on Ixion? Wait. People still fight ixion? Anyways I agree that doing a 3k ground strike on ixion is cool. Unfortunately I died every time I did it from archeon kick.
I havent touched Ixion since Abyssea was released. Useless NM is useless.
We killed him a few weeks back with like 10 people. We full time meleed it and it was dead in about 8 minutes. Made me very happy cause I hate that *** NM.
Thats awsome, I hate that *** NM too :( Last time I tanked it though was a week after I got noct body... wanted to screw around with it while tanking, was sitting on 120 HP and it shot me for w/ Lighting Spear and it cured me was bad *** <.<'... Excel I hear your not really a Taru D:!!

You knew me and Mankey on gilgamesh. You were a sackholder in Osiris and we did a lot of merit parties togethor. I remember you were one of only a few ridill wars back in like 2004 on the server.

I feel disappointed you don't remember me. Err do I have the right guy? Maybe I'm wrong about who you are.

You have me mistaken for somebody Else^^'...

I met Mankey a month after he jumped over to fenrir, been here forever X=
 Asura.Andradi
Server: Asura
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2010-09-23 22:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My guillotine gear has never been great, but I've always found spinning slash to average equal to or higher than guillotine on VT+ mobs unless I have a corsair to make my attack silly numbers. Saying greatsword is 'only about big spikes' is ridiculous.

I have a Vengeance stalled at the first stage, so I suspect this sword will be my 'main' weapon for a while. I've never had trouble parsing competitively in merits with greatsword in the past, I don't see what will suddenly change.

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Also, the +10% ws damage greatsword is pretty much ***. If you can't 6 hit a greatsword(or 7 hit a really low delay one) then you need to be using scythe.

Is 444 delay 'really low'? Because that was the old standard for decent 7-hits, it gains TP almost as fast as a 501 delay 6-hit.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-23 22:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Andradi said:
My guillotine gear has never been great, but I've always found spinning slash to average equal to or higher than guillotine on VT+ mobs unless I have a corsair to make my attack silly numbers. Saying greatsword is 'only about big spikes' is ridiculous.

I have a Vengeance stalled at the first stage, so I suspect this sword will be my 'main' weapon for a while. I've never had trouble parsing competitively in merits with greatsword in the past, I don't see what will suddenly change.

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Also, the +10% ws damage greatsword is pretty much ***. If you can't 6 hit a greatsword(or 7 hit a really low delay one) then you need to be using scythe.

Is 444 delay 'really low'? Because that was the old standard for decent 7-hits, it gains TP almost as fast as a 501 delay 6-hit.
With DD's worth anything you should have in a merit like situation
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-23 23:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Andradi said:

Phoenix.Excelior said:

Yes, a 444 delay 7hit GS such as subduer or Martial GS was at least comparable with a 501 delay 6hit Naglering. Actually, they were a bit better than Naglering under certain conditions.

This was discussed before on BG and other forums, with math and such ...which I could also show myself, but either way... there are better Magian GSs out now, such as the OAT GS or the Kalavejs +1.

There will likely be more upgrades to the OAT GS(and new GSs for lv99 etc), and there will probably be a Kalavejs+2 as well.

Something that would be great is if the final version Kalavejs path ended up with both +WS dmg% and storeTP as well(in other words, the final weapon version being a combination of both paths at the end) . SE may not do it, but still it could be a possibility...who knows. (Same for Reckoning, Keitonotachi, and all the others etc.)It would be nice...
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-24 00:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly really wish they didnt kill off Nightfall as soon as they did... at first I automatically assumed the GS was complete utter ***, but you can actually use Sword Strap with it and maintain your 7-hit because of the Regain on it. Puts it at the same delay as Ragnarok, was kinda nice to mess around with. FUUUUUUUU SE thats all I will say :(