Dear People Who Build Abyssea Parties (You're Doin

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Dear people who build abyssea parties (You're doin
Dear people who build abyssea parties (You're doin
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-03 21:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

did pug abys-tah last nite/early this morning, worked the lights up at the same time, 10m of azure to 10m of pearl

went in with 120m that was left over from previous abys-kon party night b4 ( went in with 115m and left with 189, grab fluxs since i knew would be reset to 120)

but in abys-tah building it up at the same time, we started getting TE drops @ the 40m mark, took NIN78 -> 80 with full buffer and capped merits b4 leaving, and left with 165m

having all fluxs in tah tho, seems kinda wasteful of that 45m ; ;
 Siren.Ilax
Server: Siren
user: FireDeath
By Siren.Ilax 2010-08-03 22:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i did many Abyssea Exp PT, most of them been a success, only happen once [1/8 PT] the bad luck hitted us and no TE @ all was poping.

In my experience i can tell you: *** AMBER light. The reason for that is simple, Amber bring gold chest.

Take it that way, go Pearl and Azure ONLY and you get:

Azure(Cruor, TE, Exp) Pearl. (Temp Item, Restore)

So everytime a chest pop you have like 1/2 chance is [TE/Cruor/Exp].

If you add Ruby then you turn 1/3 chance that [TE/Cruor/Exp] pop.

But RUBY is not BAD @ all, bc that allow you to get GOLD Light, Azure Light, Pearl. Light and Silver Light. You really wan Gold light bc that BOOST EXP very fast, and same for azure, pearl. For AMBER light, DO NOT OPEN.

if you built AMBER then you turn 1/4 [ with Ruby high ] for [TE/Cruor/Exp] or 1/3 [ with ruby light low ] in result you just lower your chance a damn [TE/Cruor/Exp] pop.

I even heard opening Amber reduce ALL light, is that true? i have no damn clue, but is for sure bring you 1/4 for [TE/Cruor/Exp].

That also make me -LOL- when i see ppl yell in PT -DON'T KILL WITH WS, ..... of course TRY TO NOT, but don't HOLD, is ok to kill some with WS by accident when you built Pearl, is also OK to kill some with magic when you build Pearl. HOLDING YOUR DMG is WRONG @ start or later on you will need get Azure, so is no need to yell @ BLM just bc they kill 1x out of 10. Same go for Ruby is no need yo yell just bc 1 out of 10 got kill by WS.

Of course, if one of your member kill 9/10 with WS or kill 9/10 with magic @ start, he might be retard or don't know @ all the Abyssea system, just kick him, and let him take a break and find out why.

Just try it, and don't open if is AMBER LIGHT.

Cerberus.Shanyn
Server: Cerberus
user: Eleri
By Cerberus.Shanyn 2010-08-03 22:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ilax said:
I even heard opening Amber reduce ALL light, is that true?
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 23:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think i spot one of the people in a few of the horrible abyssea :X
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-03 23:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ilax said:

I'm not sure if this is true but I highly doubt it is but I avoid all Amber light for one reason.

Amber Light = Gold Chests
Gold Chests = QQ about Loot

I'll pass on trying to get any kind of amber light if it means less people will be hoarding around gold chests.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-03 23:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ilax said:
***. Where do people come up with this garbage anyway?
Quote:
I'm not sure if this is true but I highly doubt it is but I avoid all Amber light for one reason.

I'll pass on trying to get any kind of amber light if it means less people will be hoarding around gold chests.
Set ground rules before the party starts. You're doing yourself a disservice by deliberately avoiding some of the potential augments available.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-03 23:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Ilax said:
Quote:

Set ground rules before the party starts. You're doing yourself a disservice by deliberately avoiding some of the potential augments available.

95% of the time I'm not there for anything but EXP when I shout for an abyssea pt. If I want items then I'll go with a group of friends, but if I'm with a bunch of randoms I'd rather just avoid it. I know a few people who lost awesome augments to someone who snatched it even with 'rules' it saves a headache for leaders really. :\

Just some people aren't trustworthy.
 Siren.Ilax
By Siren.Ilax 2010-08-03 23:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

No clue :P just saying what someone was telling me. But is true about Amber lower your chance on TE due to GOLD get in the way, so you end with 1/4 for TE/Cruor/Exp.

Note opening Ebon higher all light, so in fact you still gonna see GOLD chest occasionally and get item out of it.

For item, easy system, the one in charge of chest get all item, and ask everyone to /random and distribute item to who win.

Siren.Clinpachi said:
I think i spot one of the people in a few of the horrible abyssea :X

I have over 430k cruor, you might be right.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-03 23:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ilax said:
But is true about Amber lower your chance on TE due to GOLD get in the way, so you end with 1/4 for TE/Cruor/Exp.
This is sort of true (not sure where you're getting your probabilities from), but not to the extent that I'd actually worry about it. Maintaining enough azure light for a healthy supply of EXP/cruor/restore (mages, Zantetsuken) chests will usually keep the TE chests flowing and you can get that through occasional killshot sniping while working on other lights as you like.
 Cerberus.Shanyn
user: Eleri
By Cerberus.Shanyn 2010-08-03 23:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ilax said:
I have 300k conquest points. That means I'm better than everyone.

(Yes, that's how ridiculous you sounded.)

All you need to know about Abyssea exp grinds: Once your pearl and azure are at reasonable amounts, to the point where you see another TE and actually giggle a little, it doesn't matter what lights you get. Even Amber. You will survive. Get people who can kill quickly, build specific lights at the start in whatever order tickles your fancy, and then just let people do what they do.
[+]
 Siren.Ilax
By Siren.Ilax 2010-08-03 23:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Ilax said:
But is true about Amber lower your chance on TE due to GOLD get in the way, so you end with 1/4 for TE/Cruor/Exp.
This is sort of true (not sure where you're getting your probabilities from), but not to the extent that I'd actually worry about it. Maintaining enough azure light for a healthy supply of EXP/cruor/restore (mages, Zantetsuken) chests will keep the TE chests flowing and you can get that through occasional killshot sniping while working on other lights as necessary.

That true, if you lucky enough amber wont kill your setup, but it happen once to me to see GOLD spam like crazzy, and we failed to catch up on time. when RED chest keep poping is half bad, bc you can just drop down ruby and open only azure/pearl and set back light correctly and see again the Blue chest and TE.
 Siren.Ilax
By Siren.Ilax 2010-08-03 23:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Siren.Ilax said:
I have 300k conquest points. That means I'm better than everyone.

(Yes, that's how ridiculous you sounded.)

only 300k? damn i have 800k, you know my penis is 6 feet long too.

Common, that was not my point and you know. really apologize if i shock some with my nasty comment on this one.

note: of course i can sound like an *** too if you searching for it.
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-08-04 01:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I find people trying to leech going in and afk'ing forever hurts too. Slows down everything.

Groups I go with now boot afk'ers. Not warp to save thier time, boot so thier time will keep ticking and then they have to wait to re-enter.

In pick-up groups it seems to be the leaders buddies more often than not so nothing is done in them cases. I usually just leave then. Can always get another abyssea party where everyone is pulling thier own weight.
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2010-08-04 02:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I always build my own Abyssea Groups. And they are all awesom. 5/6 runs was 10 hours +.

I mainly look for one tank, 3-4 BLM (or BLU), 3 Healers and the rest will be decent DD.

Than i explain my rules and all have to listen.

Personaly i like to cap blue chests first. Its very anoying if ppl trying to tell me what i have to do and say we should cap white light first.

I start with 30 blue kills and than i do white lights. After that i try to get some ruby lights to get more exp.

I normaly say: Now we try to build ruby light! Pls WS kills with some magic kills. Like 1/5 magic kills.

So we get Ruby and some blu to keep the chain.

Ifrit.Keeria
Server: Ifrit
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-08-04 07:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
If you are getting 1250 EXP per chest... 1000 cruor per chest... and temp items... you should see a time extension in there too...

If you don't... you seriously broke a few mirrors or had a black cat cross your path many times recently.
Using the same strategy that failed me before due to luck, I began a party 8 hours ago that is still running. So yeah, it was just horrible luck. =)
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-04 12:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Keeria said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
If you are getting 1250 EXP per chest... 1000 cruor per chest... and temp items... you should see a time extension in there too...

If you don't... you seriously broke a few mirrors or had a black cat cross your path many times recently.
Using the same strategy that failed me before due to luck, I began a party 8 hours ago that is still running. So yeah, it was just horrible luck. =)
I knew it had to be horrible luck because that physically made no sense lol.

Glad it worked out for you this time :D
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-04 13:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been turned down to abyssea 3 times today as blu so far because the leader 'needed blm for magic kills'

I really wish people understood this better >_>
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-08-04 15:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night I had the best Abyssea party I've ever been in. It just would not end. 150k exp and capped out at about 593 per kill. These guys had a group of blms doing azure by themselves while DD killed for pearl. Very fast pulls.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [544 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.