Dear People Who Build Abyssea Parties (You're Doin

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Dear people who build abyssea parties (You're doin
Dear people who build abyssea parties (You're doin
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 11:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
(You're doing it wrong)

Stop *** choosing to build 30 pearlescent lights first 30 times... you want BLUE chests for time extensions before anything else period.

This is the third time in a row today that some hotshot who doesn't listen to anyone other than #1 won't listen. Continuing to think building pearl first is key... what happens? Half the alliance times out.... Imagine that.

When you build up pearlescent light first ALL chest rates are increased... once you build up 30 pearl all chests are fair game on pop rates... you'll get tons of red, gold, and blue all at once.

If you build up azure first to 30 you have very high blue chest rates. Once you cap out azure and start to increase pearl... pearl increases all chests BUT you already have tons of blue rates built up... which results in nearly every chest spawn being blue with ONCE in awhile being red or gold...

It's not that *** hard.

I think the reason people also do mandies is becuase you can't build ruby light off WS kills. 2/3 times today on mobs building pearlescent light first... they kept WS killing for ruby light........... So we were getting tons of red chests with barely any blue... not a single extension in the entire 90 minutes.

Sorry to rant but i guess i enjoy abyssea because it really shows who has ANY attention span or knows what they are doing.

Force DC people also lose all their time and can't enter for an hour... since time still ticks away even logged out in abyssea.

It's not hard guys... azure light to 30 first. /endrant
pearlescent = mage kill right? or is that melee?

The way i've done it the last 2 times was:
melee kill for about 30 mins, then mage kill, then a bit of WS kill for like 10 mins if time boxes don't pop alot, then back to mage kill.

got 110min after i left yesterday's abyssea run. started with 99 and was in there for about 4 hours doing it this way.
Pearlescent = melee kill (not WS)
Azure = magic kill
Ruby = WS kill and doesn't apply to mandies and some other mobs.

Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 11:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sketchkat said:
To be honest, I don't give a crap what the leader wants to do in Abyssea, I just answer the WG shouts and go, lol. I haven't read up on any of the 'light' stuff and I don't care, I just attack what they tell me to attack, and if I end up with decent xp by the time it's done, I'm happy! :p

On a side note, I love Derf!
Indeed it's nice to just accept and go without a worry in the world... but if you build up to 200+ minutes before disband... not only could you walk over to every single conflux and unlock it... you could probably solo/have some real fun.... do some quests.... or explore which you usually don't have time to do.

ANCIENT ABYSSITE... do you have any? do you even know what it is?

I guess i left that part out but yeah.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Abyssea

Click that link and scroll down to "Ancient Abyssite".

You can:

A) Have traverser stones charge faster than 20 hours
B) Hold more than 3 Stones
C) Enter abyssea and get full temp items for free right away
D) Get more exp/cruor per kill without even building it up first
E) Make blue chests pop more often without azure lights
F) Lose less exp if you die (Raise III = no loss)
G) Get +20 STR ect instead of +10 from enhancement effects
H) Enhance time given from traverser stones (99 minutes for 3 instead of 90)

If you exit with over 120 minutes all that time is lost... why not at least go make some use out of your exp to allow tons of free time. But if you always skim on time... barely make extensions... or never see over 120 i wouldn't expect you to be able to get some of these abyssite.

Building azure first maximizes time from the start.. and helps exceed 120 with ease period. :)
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2010-08-03 12:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Pearlescent = melee kill (not WS)
Azure = magic kill
Ruby = WS kill and doesn't apply to mandies and some other mobs.

Agreed with OP. You should make sure that you cap Azure (Magic Kills) before slogging through Pearlescent (Melee hit gets the kill).

Wiki Entry on Abyssea Lights for the uninitiated.

Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-03 12:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Derfthegalka said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Derfthegalka said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
I'll remember this when I finally reach Abyssea levels.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL CONSIDERAIN THAT WERE IN SAME FISHTANK WE SHUD GET A PRDEH AND GETS ABISSEE LVLS SO WE CAN LVL ON UPS!! {INVITE TO JOIN A PARDEH}
YOUS ON RAMOOOH BRUDDEH!?

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I HAVE A TRANSMUTATION STONE SOMEWHERE BRODERR I GEST NEEDS 5K FOR THE SHIPING AND HANDLIN YO!
YO BRODER! I PT WIT YA IF U *** 2 RAMAH
edit:
ty for this thread Clinpachi, this is a very good fyi for when I actually decide to get abbysea.
[+]
 Asura.Aeinaitch
Server: Asura
user: Detsurin
By Asura.Aeinaitch 2010-08-03 12:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, before I start throwing your words back at you or something along those lines, I think you do somewhat misunderstand it. I've made a lot of Abyssea parties that all lasted over 10 hours. Some I started with Azure light and some I started with Pearlescent. It honestly didn't matter what I started with. I don't think getting 30 Pearlescent means 'ZOMG WE'RE ALL SCREWED!' And having randoms that don't listen? I've never had that problem, why? Because I boot anyone who questions my methods or becomes a hinderence to the party. I also love people who tell me how to do the lights when I've had visitant status for over 10 hours(they get kicked.) The way I see it is that Azure Light(Magic Kills) are Quality and Pearlescent Light(Auto-Attack kills) is Quantity. If you max your 'quality' then what does it matter if you get like 1 chest every 10 kills? That's why I tried a party starting with Pearlescent one time. It's all the same ***though, it doesn't matter what you start with just fix the other lights after.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-03 12:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
If we did pearl first... we would have had too many red and gold chests getting in the way and making time less of a chance.
If your group is good this is to your advantage since it lets you build gold light right from the get-go, and to be honest by the time you reach TE-tier azure light blue chest frequency will not be an issue either way.
By Kailana 2010-08-03 12:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, had one of these parties with this strategy last week. The leader whom I shall not name was honestly trying, but would not listen to anyone else, suggesting they "knew what they were doing".

Throughout the run we learned the leader did not know certain things. Such as:

-Starting with azure is better, as you can sometimes run across a time extension while building this/just after you cap it and start building pearl, which means lots of your members don't time out.

-Lights actually cap. Yeah. This one really made me sad.

-Eventually you want to cap a bunch of ruby lights so you can start getting your gold, silver, ebon lights. Leader would flip the *** out whenever any ruby light was gathered, suggesting it was a waste to build ruby at all.

-Monster size effects the exp/cruor yielded.

-If you're looking for gold chests with superior spoils, amber light is good, and elemental WS' matter.

I beg anyone who doesn't read abyssea wiki pages to start. Hell, I just reviewed that one and learned some stuff I didn't realize. I don't really expect everyone to know everything, and elitism really pisses me off (had an old ls member who would read the wiki more than play the game, and therefore assumed he knew how to play every single job and understood any difficulty any job may have. Got really annoying watching him tell the SMN and WHM how to do their job when he's never played it himself. The SMN and WHM were doing fine with what they had to work with) but I very much like it when people know the basics, especially when they lead events such as abyssea.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-03 12:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Few things:

#1. OP - If you're pissed off at people starting abyssea parties, then make one yourself every time and don't *** about it.

#2. Successful Abyssea runs aren't always the same strategy. If a party is successful with melee kills first than magic kills, then it's successful. And the same goes vice versa.

#3. I'm waiting for the new way to do abyssea next week, like "WS kill onry! 100000% Ruby gives 30 minutes!"

and #4. You people need to stop trying to be elitists. Also, it's called a life, no need to do abyssea for 24 hours per day. Also your ice cream from last week melted and smells horrible.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 12:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Few things:

#1. OP - If you're pissed off at people starting abyssea parties, then make one yourself every time and don't *** about it.

#2. Successful Abyssea runs aren't always the same strategy. If a party is successful with melee kills first than magic kills, then it's successful and same vice versa.

#3. I'm waiting for the new way to do abyssea next week, like "WS kill onry! 100000% Ruby gives 30 minutes!"

and #4. You people need to stop trying to be elitists. Also, it's called a life, no need to do abyssea for 24 hours per day. Also your ice cream from last week melted and smells horrible.
Angry troll can go elsewhere.
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
If we did pearl first... we would have had too many red and gold chests getting in the way and making time less of a chance.
If your group is good this is to your advantage since it lets you build gold light right from the get-go, and to be honest by the time you reach TE-tier azure light blue chest frequency will not be an issue either way.
I don't think by building 30 pearl that you qualify for top tier blue chests with time extensions. Only when you build up proper azure do you see temp items.. 1250 exp... and time extensions.

[+]
 Phoenix.Dooom
Server: Phoenix
user: Dooom
By Phoenix.Dooom 2010-08-03 12:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Trying to give advice is being elitist/not having a life now? The ***? You're on the same forum, playing the same game as the rest of us, the use of the RL card is poor. You may not wanna Abyssea 24/7, but leaving each time with max time stored up is undeniably a good thing.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 12:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dooom said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Trying to give advice is being elitist/not having a life now? The ***? You're on the same forum, playing the same game as the rest of us, the use of the RL card is poor. You may not wanna Abyssea 24/7, but leaving each time with max time stored up is undeniably a good thing.
:( don't feed the trolls
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinkai
Server: Bismarck
user: Rin
By Bismarck.Rinkai 2010-08-03 12:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is kind of a side note. If one wants to dictate the order of the lights the first thing a person should do is make their own Abyssea party. You really can't complain if you aren't making the effort to gather the people/jobs required. The most obnoxious thing in Abyssea are know-it-alls that try to tell everyone what to do, especially when they get in there and keep killing the mobs with weaponskills.

Edit: Oh well, it was a side note when I started typing anyway.
 Phoenix.Dooom
Server: Phoenix
user: Dooom
By Phoenix.Dooom 2010-08-03 12:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:

:( don't feed the trolls

Kinda redundant when Derf has already found his way here!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-03 12:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Few things:

#2. Successful Abyssea runs aren't always the same strategy. If a party is successful with melee kills first than magic kills, then it's successful and same vice versa.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
I don't think by building 30 pearl that you qualify for top tier blue chests with time extensions.

not really angry, just annoyed at people telling leaders "it's done this way!" when the way the leader has it going, it becomes successful reguardless.

that and idk how you guys can do this crap 8+ hours.

tbh i want S-E to get rid of those time extension chests so people would get out more and do other things instead of sitting at home, becoming fatter than they've ever been, looking something like this
[+]
 Asura.Aeinaitch
Server: Asura
user: Detsurin
By Asura.Aeinaitch 2010-08-03 12:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I go there with a goal!
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-03 12:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dooom said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

i was being a bit sarcastic (tho i do know someone who did a 26hr run, apparently)

also the type of advice the OP stated is more like "my way or the highway"

[+]
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-08-03 12:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Few things:

#2. Successful Abyssea runs aren't always the same strategy. If a party is successful with melee kills first than magic kills, then it's successful. And the same goes vice versa.

I agree with you a lot on each abyssea pt needs a dif strat. I get freaking annoyed with groups I've seen where the leaders don't want to pop gold silver, or ruby lights from the start. This group I was in took me 10 hours to go blm 75-80 capped merits and was then only getting maybe 450 per mob? I know i wasnt capped is all :P
Few days later on my next off day I went mnk 75-80 with capped merits in half the time! Not sure why people refuse to build ruby light some from the start it increases your red rate which quickly increases all other lights from what ive seen. TE's were more common also compared to the other group. Just build all your lights quickly by building ruby cause you can still get plenty of TE I left this group with 310 mins too bad it doesnt save it :(
 Caitsith.Omicronceti
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Omicronceti 2010-08-03 12:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Few things:

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
I don't think by building 30 pearl that you qualify for top tier blue chests with time extensions.

not really angry, just annoyed at people telling leaders "it's done this way!" when the way the leader has it going, it becomes successful reguardless.

that and idk how you guys can do this crap 8+ hours.

tbh i want S-E to get rid of those time extension chests so people would get out more and do other things instead of sitting at home, becoming fatter than they've ever been, looking something like this
Dude you've got thousands of posts on this board lol

[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-03 12:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Omicronceti said:
Dude you've got thousands of posts on this board lol

90% are boredom @ work =P

well maybe 95%

idc bout post count tho
By juliao 2010-08-03 12:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

clinpachi: I've had several 5+ hour parties on madies for well over 160k...

Tahrongi might be the best XP in Abyssia if done well.
When an Alliance can kill 1 mob in seconds, the Xp over time is far greater then the high XP mobs. No one dies, everything flows, take turns taking breaks and it is very efficient. If your party only lasts 90min a lot of things are very wrong and you didn't notice them enough to help them. \Who's the noob?

Besides, it is obvious that a % of the chest modifier is lunar or some hidden variable(s). The drop rates are by no means consistent. Most everyone has had a "bad night" prolly. Don't judge a zone on 1 bad party.

I hope the abyssia (campaign) noobs who didn't put in the real work of a normal XP parties have fun later when they don't know how to use their jobs and merits =P

no stop being elitist argumentative abyssia-holes and let's figure this out scientifically by reporting, not complaining and slandering.

/taru-punts trolls into other games they understand!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-03 12:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
I don't think by building 30 pearl that you qualify for top tier blue chests with time extensions. Only when you build up proper azure do you see temp items.. 1250 exp... and time extensions.
Regardless of which approach you take, the only way you're going to get a solid amount of TE chests is to build both lights. If you start out with capping azure, you'll cap azure light sooner but TE chests will come slowly due to low drop rate and you may have to do maintenance on azure light after capping pearlescent later, which means it takes longer to get around to building ruby light to in turn build gold light. Regardless, you get your TE and EXP continues. If you build pearlescent first, it's going to rain chests and eventually rain a shitton of blue chests when you cap azure light, meaning that TE come slightly later but also come faster. In the meantime, you've upped your EXP/kill due to slightly more common red chests, which can also give azure light for later which speeds up that phase. Regardless, you get your TE and EXP continues.

Both strategies work. Which one you take is up to personal taste. Azure first gets you TE marginally sooner but if everyone has stones this doesn't really affect anything, which means that building EXP/kill early is potentially favorable depending on EXP chest frequency. The strategy itself was not flawed, only the execution.
[+]
By Kailana 2010-08-03 12:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pot, meet kettle.
 Diabolos.Obliterate
Server: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-08-03 12:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Capping Pearl is the best thing to start with and here's why.

When you are capping pearl yes you are increasing the drop of all chests but that is not a bad thing. Red chests are not bad at all as they can increase both your azure and pearl lights at the same time so while doing pearl you are also gaining a small amount of azure putting you ahead of the game when you start capping azure. Capping azure first does not allow for that same advantage and while your blue is capped more than likely by the time you build up your pearl ppl will start losing time and once thats starts its hard to recover.

As others have stated killing speed is the key, if you can do that in the end it will be a great pt, but if you have a pt with slower kills, best to start with pearl.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-08-03 12:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

make your own pt and do it your way.
[+]
By Deathdealerjax 2010-08-03 13:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

#1. <3 derfthegalka
#2. Its not healthy getting that upset over a game and something... while optimal... really won't make a difference if everyone goes in with 3 stones. I've been in parties that did it both ways, everyone had plenty of time, both worked out. Maybe instead of being mad at the order maybe be mad at putting an abyssea party together where not everyone has ample time?. I dunno either way you'll get xp and cap your jobs.
 Lakshmi.Ricco
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-08-03 13:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

T
Diabolos.Obliterate said:
Capping Pearl is the best thing to start with and here's why.

When you are capping pearl yes you are increasing the drop of all chests but that is not a bad thing. Red chests are not bad at all as they can increase both your azure and pearl lights at the same time so while doing pearl you are also gaining a small amount of azure putting you ahead of the game when you start capping azure. Capping azure first does not allow for that same advantage and while your blue is capped more than likely by the time you build up your pearl ppl will start losing time and once thats starts its hard to recover.

As others have stated killing speed is the key, if you can do that in the end it will be a great pt, but if you have a pt with slower kills, best to start with pearl.

Thank you for saying that lol but people will still treat red chests as the *** they refuse to pop and I don't understand this at all. :( I'm gonna start taking keys into groups and popping all the gold and silver ones :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By juliao 2010-08-03 13:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

And if u want a good alliance;
put a healer and buffer in each party, get a brd or cor for each party, get a 1-2 rdms and whms for each party, get a damn good voker and, sprinkle with assorted DD. (having blms, schs, or blus who can kill shot helps!) Then call what chests you need as you progress. A puller (not a brd prolly unless they're incredible) and a Leech chest popper are the final ingredients to a pretty good party.
All specific melee jobs are optional, no matter what they tell you. So long as they're present is all that matters. The Support and Mages will be the foundation; if that is stable, the others are replaceable.

Think Dynamis alliance.
The hardest part is not the jobs, it's finding smart people.

Honestly, the biggest problem we have is replacements a few hours in who can't figure out how to tell us when they run out of time, lazy bards, and bad sleepers. Kick the leeches!

So search for common sense above job types and stay balanced. Abyssia is fun, not stressful.
Keep in mind that Abyssia is practically a Bard's wet dream.
There are always people looking to play~ =P
 Lakshmi.Wardens
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-08-03 13:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Hey whoa >.> I've done something like that once or twice and I'm skinny... But I will admit I hate sitting at the comp in a party for more than 3-4 hours usually.. :/ But if I could stay awake and don't have to wake up at 6:30am like I have been for work. Then I'd be happy to stay up for a while and just get tons of xp.
Deathdealerjax said:
#1. <3 derfthegalka
^ that hur
[+]