Dear People Who Build Abyssea Parties (You're Doin

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Dear people who build abyssea parties (You're doin
Dear people who build abyssea parties (You're doin
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 16:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are getting 1250 EXP per chest... 1000 cruor per chest... and temp items... you should see a time extension in there too...

If you don't... you seriously broke a few mirrors or had a black cat cross your path many times recently.
[+]
 Ifrit.Keeria
Server: Ifrit
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-08-03 16:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh. Probably. Well, thanks for the chat.
 Bahamut.Drevin
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drevin 2010-08-03 16:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

haven't read through all the posts... but just got out of a shout group that went for 2 hours on mandies... HOLY ***! >_>; the french and germans on bahamut are completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... like i can't even begin to describe how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE these guys are. the one who was trying to lead it Jaderattlesnake... he told everyone assists, and half the melee would STILL attack the blm mob <_<; even after being yelled at not to. and the whole time this one mnk was just sitting there, he wouldn't engage at all and would mt things from time to time, so we knew he was there. Nobody would boot him either. it just amazes me sometimes how stupid people in this game can be.

lesson learned... shout groups fail hard in abyssea >_<;
 Siren.Vonn
user: VonnTaru
By Siren.Vonn 2010-08-03 16:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

clin, clin, clin....... you of all people should know that building a strong RUBY light should be the first and most important task!!!
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 16:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Vonn said:
clin, clin, clin....... you of all people should know that building a strong RUBY light should be the first and most important task!!!

Vonn you lil ***.

▒▀█▀░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░▒█░▒▀░▒▒▒▒▒▀░▒
▒▒█░▒▒█▀░▒█▀█░▒█░▒█░▒█░▒█▀█░▒▒▒
▒▒▀░▒▒▀░▒▒▀▀▀░▒▀░▒▀░▒▀░▒▀░▀░▒▒▒

don't troll's me brah~
 Bahamut.Paulus
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-08-03 16:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Obliterate said:
Capping Pearl is the best thing to start with and here's why.

When you are capping pearl yes you are increasing the drop of all chests but that is not a bad thing. Red chests are not bad at all as they can increase both your azure and pearl lights at the same time so while doing pearl you are also gaining a small amount of azure putting you ahead of the game when you start capping azure. Capping azure first does not allow for that same advantage and while your blue is capped more than likely by the time you build up your pearl ppl will start losing time and once thats starts its hard to recover.

As others have stated killing speed is the key, if you can do that in the end it will be a great pt, but if you have a pt with slower kills, best to start with pearl.

Not like my party there was top notch but this seemed to be the story on my runs so far. They wanted Azure first which to some "meathead" doesn't translate for 5 to 7 mins after you get to camp. Once everyone understood the strat we maybe got two 10 min extensions before people started running out of time. There were some particular issues with our run such as our SMN going in with only one stone or whatever but I lost track of time and eventually got kicked out. 25k maybe in that time I was there.

Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 16:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes there is success with groups that do pearlescent first... don't misunderstand. Core groups of well skilled/knowledgeable players WILL succeed in almost anything they do.

For random pickups or those who have no idea what they are doing... build AZURE first to ensure at least some chance of time/learning/getting it right later.

I know I'm not the only person with this problem.
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Server: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-08-03 16:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
(You're doing it wrong) Stop *** choosing to build 30 pearlescent lights first 30 times... you want BLUE chests for time extensions before anything else period.

It's not hard guys... azure light to 30 first. /endrant
Quote:

az·ure (ăzhˈər)

noun
1.a. A light purplish-blue.
b. Heraldry The color blue.
2.The blue sky.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French azur, from Medieval Latin azura, from Arabic al-lāzaward, the azure : al-, the + lāzaward, azure (from Persian lājward, lapis lazuli).

adjective

of or like the color of a clear sky; sky-blue
Origin: ME asur < OFr azur (with omission of initial l-, as if l'azur) < Ar lāzaward < Pers lāzhuward, lapis lazuli

YEP YEP YEP BRODAH!!! AZURE IS THE WAY TO GO MY MAN! I made good alliances going into the 400-500+ XP per kill with Plenty of T.E.'s and had others where not a single T.E. drops.

So, lets Sing-along to Clinpachi's request, and keep those lil'BLUE chests poping to increase the probability of the time extensions... the more T.E.'s we get, given that we continue killing same mobs and CFH if a different mob agro will in the long run YIELD the 600+XP per kill and all the Cruor that you ever need.!!!
 Siren.Vonn
user: VonnTaru
By Siren.Vonn 2010-08-03 16:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 16:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pwrlessgirl said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
(You're doing it wrong) Stop *** choosing to build 30 pearlescent lights first 30 times... you want BLUE chests for time extensions before anything else period.

It's not hard guys... azure light to 30 first. /endrant
Quote:

az·ure (ăzhˈər)

noun
1.a. A light purplish-blue.
b. Heraldry The color blue.
2.The blue sky.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French azur, from Medieval Latin azura, from Arabic al-lāzaward, the azure : al-, the + lāzaward, azure (from Persian lājward, lapis lazuli).

adjective

of or like the color of a clear sky; sky-blue
Origin: ME asur < OFr azur (with omission of initial l-, as if l'azur) < Ar lāzaward < Pers lāzhuward, lapis lazuli

YEP YEP YEP BRODAH!!! AZURE IS THE WAY TO GO MY MAN! I made good alliances going into the 400-500+ XP per kill with Plenty of T.E.'s and had others where not a single T.E. drops.

So, lets Sing-along to Clinpachi's request, and keep those lil'BLUE chests poping to increase the probability of the time extensions... the more T.E.'s we get, given that we continue killing same mobs and CFH if a different mob agro will in the long run YIELD the 600+XP per kill and all the Cruor that you ever need.!!!
what in the....

rofl.
 Remora.Gempig
Server: Remora
user: Gempig
By Remora.Gempig 2010-08-03 16:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Optimis said:
Stay thirsty my friends.

shut up
By Derfthegalka 2010-08-03 16:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

WOAH BRODERS WUT i MISSUMS!! MAH BRODER DON TELLS Y;ALL HOWS Y'ALL PLAY ABISEE WUT THAR IS TOOS IT YO!!! AT LEAST Y;ALL THIRTH AND CAN TRANSPORTER TO THAT COOL WORLD OF ABISEE YO! I CANTS ENTER SOOOOOOOOOOOO GIVE A LIL HUG.... BE NICE AND LET MEH IN UR PARDEHS!!!!

Deathdealerjax said:
#1. <3 derfthegalka

<3 MAH BRODERS
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-08-03 17:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Derfthegalka said:
WOAH BRODERS WUT i MISSUMS!! MAH BRODER DON TELLS Y;ALL HOWS Y'ALL PLAY ABISEE WUT THAR IS TOOS IT YO!!! AT LEAST Y;ALL THIRTH AND CAN TRANSPORTER TO THAT COOL WORLD OF ABISEE YO! I CANTS ENTER SOOOOOOOOOOOO GIVE A LIL HUG.... BE NICE AND LET MEH IN UR PARDEHS!!!!

Deathdealerjax said:
#1. <3 derfthegalka

<3 MAH BRODERS

[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-03 17:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting in late on this, but briefly scanning the content of the thread, there's some things that need to be said, I think:

1. Aiming for Azure Light only from the start until Azure is capped is not a consistently successful strategy. That's not to say that getting lots of Azure Light isn't important, because it is. But hyper-focusing on any one killshot type is likely to lead to as many failures as successes.

2. The group needs BOTH Azure and Pearlescent Lights capped as rapidly as possible from the start. The only thing you DON'T want for the first 15-30 minutes is WeaponSkill killshots. Melee jobs should uncork TP as the mob is engaged @ 100% HP only (during the initial 15-30 minutes); if a melee gets to 100 TP midfight, he/she should sit on that TP until engaging the next mob. That goes "against the grain" for many melee who were trained on Colibris, but if someone can't adjust his WS tendencies, boot 'em until they can. Harsh? Maybe, but whatever.

3. I 100% agree with the suggestion that a small manaburn (Azure Light) on a separate (but same mob type) mob simultaneously to the melees' (Pearlescent Light) mob is an excellent strategy for success. Do it; obviously, both groups need to be inside the same alliance.

4. There is no reason to not pop Red chests that contain Gold, Silver, Amber, Ruby, or Ebon Lights, at the start of the run, or at any time. You can acquire and build all Lights simultaneously, they do not overwrite each other or interfere with each other. Avoiding any type of chest is over-thinking the system and you're only hurting yourself.
Which brings me to my last point ...

5. If you're organizing an EXP alliance for Abyssea, ASSIGN A RESPONSIBLE PERSON (or two) to purchase several stacks of Forbidden Keys. Opening chests manually is a distraction and it's inefficient. The faster you build your Lights in Abyssea the better. This means rapid pulling, rapid killing, AND rapid chest opening.

also, just so everyone knows, you can EXP on *any* mob type in Abyssea. Obviously, fighting some mob types would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE (sandworms come to mind), but you can rack up huge EXP on stuff other than giant bats, worms, and lycopodiums.
If you can kill it rapidly, it will work. One of the best groups I ever did killed Gigas, for example.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ivve
user: ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-08-03 17:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I skipped everything but the first page in this thread, but as someone who builds Abyssea alliances regularly and has never timed out on a run I organized myself: this ***is not clear cut. I regularly build a small amount of pearlescent light at the beginning before azure light. I've done it both ways, and the difference honestly was time extensions sooner when I built pearlescent light first. When I say "sooner," I meant we got our first time chest 37 minutes into the run, rather than 50+ which can happen if you're unlucky. In fact, building azure light first for 50 straight minutes has failed on 2-3 occasions to get us ANY time chests within the first 70-80 minutes.

Just saying, this is not as cut and dried as everyone seems to think, and there is pretty much no aspect of this game where there is only one method of doing things that works.

Okay, now going to catch up on the rest of the thread.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 17:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
I'm getting in late on this, but briefly scanning the content of the thread, there's some things that need to be said, I think:

1. Aiming for Azure Light only from the start until Azure is capped is not a consistently successful strategy. That's not to say that getting lots of Azure Light isn't important, because it is. But hyper-focusing on any one killshot type is likely to lead to as many failures as successes.

2. The group needs BOTH Azure and Pearlescent Lights capped as rapidly as possible from the start. The only thing you DON'T want for the first 15-30 minutes is WeaponSkill killshots. Melee jobs should uncork TP as the mob is engaged @ 100% HP only (during the initial 15-30 minutes); if a melee gets to 100 TP midfight, he/she should sit on that TP until engaging the next mob. That goes "against the grain" for many melee who were trained on Colibris, but if someone can't adjust his WS tendencies, boot 'em until they can. Harsh? Maybe, but whatever.

3. I 100% agree with the suggestion that a small manaburn (Azure Light) on a separate (but same mob type) mob simultaneously to the melees' (Pearlescent Light) mob is an excellent strategy for success. Do it; obviously, both groups need to be inside the same alliance.

4. There is no reason to not pop Red chests that contain Gold, Silver, Amber, Ruby, or Ebon Lights, at the start of the run, or at any time. You can acquire and build all Lights simultaneously, they do not overwrite each other or interfere with each other. Avoiding any type of chest is over-thinking the system and you're only hurting yourself.
Which brings me to my last point ...

5. If you're organizing an EXP alliance for Abyssea, ASSIGN A RESPONSIBLE PERSON (or two) to purchase several stacks of Forbidden Keys. Opening chests manually is a distraction and it's inefficient. The faster you build your Lights in Abyssea the better. This means rapid pulling, rapid killing, AND rapid chest opening.

also, just so everyone knows, you can EXP on *any* mob type in Abyssea. Obviously, fighting some mob types would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE (sandworms come to mind), but you can rack up huge EXP on stuff other than giant bats, worms, and lycopodiums.
If you can kill it rapidly, it will work. One of the best groups I ever did killed Gigas, for example.

All very true points that mostly support my rant yesterday. I think if the group is new however that focus on azure is still key for getting top tier blue chests asap and then IMMEDIATELY switch to pearlescent asap.

Someone needs to be keeping track/taking control.

I agree that the best strategy in full is the Manaburn PT do their own... and melee PT do their own...

That was an amazing night i wish i never left lol.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 17:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ivve said:
I skipped everything but the first page in this thread, but as someone who builds Abyssea alliances regularly and has never timed out on a run I organized myself: this ***is not clear cut. I regularly build a small amount of pearlescent light at the beginning before azure light. I've done it both ways, and the difference honestly was time extensions sooner when I built pearlescent light first. When I say "sooner," I meant we got our first time chest 37 minutes into the run, rather than 50+ which can happen if you're unlucky. In fact, building azure light first for 50 straight minutes has failed on 2-3 occasions to get us ANY time chests within the first 70-80 minutes.

Just saying, this is not as cut and dried as everyone seems to think, and there is pretty much no aspect of this game where there is only one method of doing things that works.

Okay, now going to catch up on the rest of the thread.
What's your definition of "SMALL" amount of pearlescent before switching to azure?
 Bahamut.Merrickmage
By Bahamut.Merrickmage 2010-08-03 18:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
And before anyone says it....

yeah I'm hella mad...

It's just frustrating to get 3 stones then have some leader who has NO idea what they are doing run you all into the ground on time.

Azure (blue) = time extensions... which are only reached on a top tier azure light build up.

Pearlescent (white) = all chest rates slowly... red, gold blue.

Even when you cap out azure time chests STILL don't rain... you might get 1-2 in a row once in a good bit to put you back up over the top... or you may even get lucky and end up with 300 minutes+ like a friend of mine did...

But why would you want red + gold chests to equally drop with blue when it's ALREADY hard for time extensions on pure top tier azure?

I dunno i'm done bitching now lol.... gnight FFXIAH... stay thirsty.
I'd like to add the fact that its not just the leaders fault but the meathead can totally *** it up for everyone if they don't know what they are doing and/or not paying attention. Anyways, There something that everyone should know about abyssea and getting time chest. If you have capped out your fame from abyssea La Thain Plateau there is a quest that provides an abyssite that is called Scarlet Abyssite of Kismet "http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_Abyssite_of_Kismet" This abyssite is so fing amazing because this abyssite make the blue chest have less 2hr/benediction and temp item chest and more cruor/exp/TEs. As a matter of fact when I had first gotten this abyssite and had joined a decent group I was in there for a good 12 hours easily with 4hrs still hanging when we end the party. With this abyssite I have seen TE chest drop 2-5 time back to back or if not every other blue chest in one cluster.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 18:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Merrickmage said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

yeah I'm hella mad...

It's just frustrating to get 3 stones then have some leader who has NO idea what they are doing run you all into the ground on time.

Azure (blue) = time extensions... which are only reached on a top tier azure light build up.

Even when you cap out azure time chests STILL don't rain... you might get 1-2 in a row once in a good bit to put you back up over the top... or you may even get lucky and end up with 300 minutes+ like a friend of mine did...

But why would you want red + gold chests to equally drop with blue when it's ALREADY hard for time extensions on pure top tier azure?

I'd like to add the fact that its not just the leaders fault but the meathead can totally *** it up for everyone if they don't know what they are doing and/or not paying attention. Anyways, There something that everyone should know about abyssea and getting time chest. If you have capped out your fame from abyssea La Thain Plateau there is a quest that provides an abyssite that is called Scarlet Abyssite of Kismet "http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_Abyssite_of_Kismet" This abyssite is so fing amazing because this abyssite make the blue chest have less 2hr/benediction and temp item chest and more cruor/exp/TEs. As a matter of fact when I had first gotten this abyssite and had joined a decent group I was in there for a good 12 hours easily with 4hrs still hanging when we end the party. With this abyssite I have seen TE chest drop 2-5 time back to back or if not every other blue chest in one cluster.
Check page 3 i think.. i listed the best route for ancient abyssite lol.

You hit the nail on the head though... if people took the time to get these abyssite and strive for maximizing time... it would allow you to explore/max fame and do quests... as well as unlock all confluxes.
 Bahamut.Merrickmage
By Bahamut.Merrickmage 2010-08-03 18:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

yeah I'm hella mad...

You hit the nail on the head though... if people took the time to get these abyssite and strive for maximizing time... it would allow you to explore/max fame and do quests... as well as unlock all confluxes.

Lol my bad I did read all of this section I just want to clarify if noone had said this. Because this is to much of any important abyssite to miss out on. Me and my GF on Bahumat have been doing this professionally making these with several different strategies since we first figured out we could do this until we had some *** decide to pop an NM in an exp run. So far the best strategy that we have came up with is 1 blm party and 2 dd partys having the blm work on azure and dds work on pearl. But anyways we had got so pissed off and was like were not doing these anymore unless we join a decent group until other realize how fing hard it is to build/maintain these parties. Because if you lose to many blm it can devastate the party because your not have enough azure light come in even though most of the ppl are capped azure and vise verusa (lol excuss my spelling :p)

I'd like to also add the fact that abyssea is kind of hurting the expensive items economy like Khroma ores because at some point you we see high end items dropping from gold chests this why ele staves and imp. wootz ingots are dropping in price. Because drop frequency = more items on the AH = price drop
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 18:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

yeah I'm hella mad...

Lol my bad I did read all of this section I just want to clarify if noone had said this. Because this is to much of any important abyssite to miss out on. Me and my GF on Bahumat have been doing this professionally making these with several different strategies since we first figured out we could do this until we had some *** decide to pop an NM in an exp run. So far the best strategy that we have came up with is 1 blm party and 2 dd partys having the blm work on azure and dds work on pearl. But anyways we had got so pissed off and was like were not doing these anymore unless we join a decent group until other realize how fing hard it is to build/maintain these parties. Because if you lose to many blm it can devastate the party because your not have enough azure light come in even though most of the ppl are capped azure and vise verusa (lol excuss my spelling :p)

Oh your good ^^ wasn't saying anything by it...

We had someone pop an NM too in the middle of exp... so we called for help on it... so if he was trying to get a secret pop in there for his benefit he lost his pop item instead lol.
 Bahamut.Merrickmage
By Bahamut.Merrickmage 2010-08-03 18:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

yeah I'm hella mad...

Oh your good ^^ wasn't saying anything by it...

We had someone pop an NM too in the middle of exp... so we called for help on it... so if he was trying to get a secret pop in there for his benefit he lost his pop item instead lol.

lol
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-03 19:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Drakelth said:
On this note people please realize you need ruby light to max exp and bats and mandies in tahrongi don't give it @ all.

Funny that, i was up to 600exp a kill on mandies within 3hrs.....Get lights from chests nub.
[+]
 Shiva.Saberr
Server: Shiva
user: saberr
By Shiva.Saberr 2010-08-03 19:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Best abys party i've ever had started off doing 20, not 30, pearlights. Then 20 azure lights. We beat another party to XP cap of 610 this way, and they started way before us.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ivve
user: ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-08-03 19:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:

What's your definition of "SMALL" amount of pearlescent before switching to azure?

About 15 minutes worth of kills, however many that may be. The rest we just aim for azure until we get a time extension, and then alternate from there. Seems to work well; I've never failed to go over the 120 cap before having to exit to spend merits.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-08-03 20:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

In La Theine you should just always party on worms unless it's taken. That way you have your BLM group -aga3'ing groups of 3-8 worms and killing them every few minutes to build the azure.
 Ifrit.Vextra
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-03 20:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Might have been stated earlier but just wanna say that JP Abyssea Alliances are awesome. Bar none the best runs have been with pretty much all JP players. I'm talking about maxed lights and capped exp in about 90 mins with 200+ mins left in Abyssea.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-08-03 20:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Might have been stated earlier but just wanna say that JP Abyssea Alliances are awesome. Bar none the best runs have been with pretty much all JP players. I'm talking about maxed lights and capped exp in about 90 mins with 200+ mins left in Abyssea.
Of the runs I've led on worms this has been the same case.
 Bahamut.Merrickmage
By Bahamut.Merrickmage 2010-08-03 21:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
In La Theine you should just always party on worms unless it's taken. That way you have your BLM group -aga3'ing groups of 3-8 worms and killing them every few minutes to build the azure.

Frogs are better granted they link but you can have a smn odin the links to death