Dear People Who Build Abyssea Parties (You're Doin

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Dear people who build abyssea parties (You're doin
Dear people who build abyssea parties (You're doin
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2010-08-03 13:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinkai said:
This is kind of a side note. If one wants to dictate the order of the lights the first thing a person should do is make their own Abyssea party. You really can't complain if you aren't making the effort to gather the people/jobs required. The most obnoxious thing in Abyssea are know-it-alls that try to tell everyone what to do, especially when they get in there and keep killing the mobs with weaponskills.

Edit: Oh well, it was a side note when I started typing anyway.

This is true, some of you have may complain all you want on how you think Abyssea should be run, but if you really examine the role of the leader, you'll realize that the task is quite difficult. Just think about creating the alliances, assigning jobs, finding replacements, keeping track of lights and god forbid when people go afk.

I say, if you feel so passionate and confident about your strategy, make your own alliance and don't join other ones.

As for strategy, personally, I found the best strategy is to start the party preventing WS kills and building pearl and blue at the same time. (aka, no more WS under 20%). This way, the mob is low HP, with a consistent decrease of health, allowing both melees to build pearl and BLM's to build Azure. The reason for this is simple: it's exactly what shaidolas said, you need both. Even if you get 25ish azure, your chest drop rate will be too low to realize its attainment.

Continuing on:
Then, two things will happen; either you hit ~25 pearl or ~25 azure.

If your BLM's are good, usually, there is a split of 25 Azure 10 pearlescent. Then you focus entirely on pearlescent. There are situations where the melees are strong where you max pearlescent before azure too though. In this case, you make sure your melees turn before they kill the mob so that BLM's can kick in.

There's more, but I'll post on my livejournal on mechanics later. (This is getting too long for a forum post)!

I've done it both ways, and the main difficulty is one thing:
Killspeed. Pearl or Azure, it doesn't matter, if you can't kill a mob within 20-40 seconds, you'll most likely time out no matter what order of lights you decide to chose.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-08-03 13:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Since alliances can easily stay in Abyssea for days, it promotes people to stay in front of their computer for way too long. It's scary Imo.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-03 13:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

For the people saying its "best" to build pearl light first, I think you're forgetting a few things... 1) If you build azure first, you'll get high exp chests not too long after you start, so thats always good. 2) You'll hit the high tier of temp items quickly when you cap azure first, which eases in speed of kills due to the att/acc potions and m.acc mab potions (which you guys seem to say kill speed is everything)..

So I think capping Azure first is the best way to go personally..just my opinion, take it for what it is.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-03 13:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Since alliances can easily stay in Abyssea for days, it promotes people to stay in front of their computer for way too long. It's scary Imo.
2 words: Pandemonium Warden

aka S-E has done it before, yet i'm still shocked.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-03 13:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Caitsith.Zefiris said:

lulwat? it despawns after 2 hours.....
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 13:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Obliterate said:
Capping Pearl is the best thing to start with and here's why.

When you are capping pearl yes you are increasing the drop of all chests but that is not a bad thing. Red chests are not bad at all as they can increase both your azure and pearl lights at the same time so while doing pearl you are also gaining a small amount of azure putting you ahead of the game when you start capping azure. Capping azure first does not allow for that same advantage and while your blue is capped more than likely by the time you build up your pearl ppl will start losing time and once thats starts its hard to recover.

As others have stated killing speed is the key, if you can do that in the end it will be a great pt, but if you have a pt with slower kills, best to start with pearl.
Who cares about tons of red chests for exp/cruor increase when you can't even time extension within 20-30 minutes?

Just food for thought... trying to ignore those hardcore trolls here.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-03 13:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Caitsith.Zefiris said:

Shhhh, let him go on
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 13:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
For the people saying its "best" to build pearl light first, I think you're forgetting a few things... 1) If you build azure first, you'll get high exp chests not too long after you start, so thats always good. 2) You'll hit the high tier of temp items quickly when you cap azure first, which eases in speed of kills due to the att/acc potions and m.acc mab potions (which you guys seem to say kill speed is everything)..

So I think capping Azure first is the best way to go personally..just my opinion, take it for what it is.
This.

If it "doesn't matter" then why build non-time extension lights first anyways?
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-08-03 13:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Caitsith.Zefiris said:

Shhhh, let him go on

Lol I remember PW, I guess nobody has claimed illness from Abyssea parties so they haven't had to change anything. :x
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-03 13:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Caitsith.Zefiris said:

Shhhh, let him go on

Lol I remember PW, I guess nobody has claimed illness from Abyssea parties so they haven't had to change anything. :x
You know it's coming tho.

News Flash: Mother abandons baby due to lengthy Abyssea party
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-08-03 14:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that really annoys me about Abyssea parties is when you get in one and theres 7-8 people that aren't even 75 yet. I understand maybe putting one of your friends in there as a lv 37 and delgating them to chest duties with a bunch of keys but when you have 3-4 people in their 60's 1 in the 50's a 30 and couple 70's (pre 75) abd the rest 75+ it drastically slows down the kill speed and I tend to leave those before they even start.. because they always tend to time out at 90 minutes.

As for the light order, it can be successful either way its mostly about kill speed and the ability of those in the party to at least try to follow the instructions for the lights that are trying to be obtained at that time. I do disagree with the OP on calling the melees out for total disregard on WS kills. Sometimes you can hit your macro at 30% and the mob drops like mad from a spell or multiple WS going off at the same time, it's not always because the person isn't paying attention.

@ Kalyna I guess I really don't understand why your so concerned about other people's weight and play time. Some people are happy with both, some are unhappy with both, and true some people can't help themselves. But you know that's their life and thier choice and honestly I don't really see how it affects you or why its even any of your business. And i'm also interested in knowing why you think that your way is the best way. Oh yeah this is the internet a place where people can come to tell other people how to live their lives and what they should or shouldn't be doing as well as judge them for it! I forget that sometimes....

@ OP I think someone posted it earliar but why join a party or why not just leave if your unhappy with the way they run it, I mean you keep your time if you leave. Or just start your own party. Things aren't always perfect and while some ways work very well consistently its not always the only way or even the best way. Also, people do things their own way, thats just how life is, even on a game. In general and kinda in tandum with my comment to K, I don't get why people are so focused on the way others do things and on telling them that their way is better lol. I mean just because something isn't fun for you doesn't mean it isn't fun for them or something that they can't try. This game is for all of us to play how we see fit and not made for your enjoyment alone so that all may conform to your way of doing things so you can enjoy yourself. Being part of a community your gonna have to deal with all sorts of people, and no one is gonna get a long or like everybody. Though I guess this is just the way you enjoy playing... idk..
[+]
 Diabolos.Obliterate
Server: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-08-03 14:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
For the people saying its "best" to build pearl light first, I think you're forgetting a few things... 1) If you build azure first, you'll get high exp chests not too long after you start, so thats always good. 2) You'll hit the high tier of temp items quickly when you cap azure first, which eases in speed of kills due to the att/acc potions and m.acc mab potions (which you guys seem to say kill speed is everything).. So I think capping Azure first is the best way to go personally..just my opinion, take it for what it is.
This. If it "doesn't matter" then why build non-time extension lights first anyways?

No not this, this is not true what good is capped azure early if you are only getting a chest every 10th mob? and even then you only have a CHANCE to get xp. I'm not trying to change your mind about this, obviously you think azure first is the end all be all, and thats fine you are entitled to your opinion and I respect it, all im trying to do is give ppl still unsure of which light to choose not only my opinion but a good reason to build pearl first. JP parties just kill like crazy asap and they last for hours as well so this which light to do first only goes so far, in some cases it matters depending on your alliance setup, most times, like said by me and others here is just to kill as fast as possible with the only rule being trying to hold back on ws kills in the early stages.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-08-03 14:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[/quote]You know it's coming tho. News Flash: Mother abandons baby due to lengthy Abyssea party[/quote]

Sadly enough there are people who shirk important responsibilities, such as taking care of a life that they brought into this world, and put that time towards recreation time. Those people will most likely find a way to do that whether its a game or whatever else they can find. As for abyssea It may last for hours upon hours but it also allows for people to afk for large amounts of time or leave when they need to without too much whining if a rep isnt found yet. It's not like PW where people set out to accomplish something that noone was easily able to defeat if at all that took constant attention and such. By no means am I saying its ok to ignore our responsibilities or that people will, just that I believe abyssea leaves the player open to leave or even afk at times to take care of things we need to not saying that some people actually will but then again that falls on us to take our own responsibility not blame it on a game. Seems all too often people are willing to blame games/tv/etc. for all our problems instead of taking personal responsibility. Sure the game provides the platform to suck up all that time but we make the choice to play or not. eg. for taking breaks during abyssea: a guy in our party this weekend afk'd for over an hour to take care of a family emergency and noone seemed to really care or maybe even notice.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-08-03 14:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

There are basically two schools of thought to people who play games, any game(even checkers!). One person plays for fun, the other plays to maximize the output of the game (or "master" the game). In online games you get a mix of people, so naturally people break up into groups (Social/casual LS vs. Hardcore/End game LS). When these two species mix in events like exp parties, everyone has an opinion and ***hits the fan... the end. ._.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shanyn
user: Eleri
By Cerberus.Shanyn 2010-08-03 14:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Solution: Ask before you go in whether you'll be doing pearl or azure first. If the leader responds with something you don't want to hear, don't go in with them.

My groups always do pearl before azure, then ruby after we're back up over 120+ minutes, but I only go in with LSmates (people who don't suck) and we never have people timing out unless they didn't have 3 stones to start with. Since it's always worked for me in the past, I'd probably do pearl first if leading a pickup--guess that's just something different about bad pickups.
[+]
 Diabolos.Manwhat
Server: Diabolos
user: Manwhat
By Diabolos.Manwhat 2010-08-03 14:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been in parties that have done both azure and pearl first and as several posters have stated...time is the key. The most proficient way that I've found to do this is have someone keep track of the kills (again, regradless of what you are doing first) and switch up when necessary. I'm no Abyssea expert but I've been in quite a few good Abyssea parties and unfortunately a few bad ones...communication and cooperation are ultimately still the key.

Nothing new - however - often ignored.
 Phoenix.Raigne
Server: Phoenix
user: Raigne
By Phoenix.Raigne 2010-08-03 15:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear Clinpachi:

<3

Friend of mine's been having issues with his Abyssea pts and timing out relatively quickly. He'd get a couple TEs here and there, with a low blue droprate. Didn't think you'd need like 60+ azures to "cap" blue quality.

I still have yet to see 600 EXP/kill, closest I've gotten was 450/kill after 7 hours. Sucks you can't build ruby light offa Mandies in Tahrongi. How would you recommend doing that so you get red-chest-mania to cap out the other lights?

Edit: Just pray for reds after you cap out pearly light? Or go murder the bats and CFH them to not murder chains?
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 15:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Raigne said:
Dear Clinpachi:

<3

Friend of mine's been having issues with his Abyssea pts and timing out relatively quickly. He'd get a couple TEs here and there, with a low blue droprate. Didn't think you'd need like 60+ azures to "cap" blue quality.

I still have yet to see 600 EXP/kill, closest I've gotten was 450/kill after 7 hours. Sucks you can't build ruby light offa Mandies in Tahrongi. How would you recommend doing that so you get red-chest-mania to cap out the other lights?

Edit: Just pray for reds after you cap out pearly light? Or go murder the bats and CFH them to not murder chains?
You will still get red chests once in awhile just continuing normally... youll get tons of time extensions along the way so you'll hit that 600 exp a mob slowly but surely. There are other great mobs/camps besides bats and mandies and i recommend experimenting. The skull mobs near conflux 4 are my personal favorite.
Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Solution: Ask before you go in whether you'll be doing pearl or azure first. If the leader responds with something you don't want to hear, don't go in with them.

My groups always do pearl before azure, then ruby after we're back up over 120+ minutes, but I only go in with LSmates (people who don't suck) and we never have people timing out unless they didn't have 3 stones to start with. Since it's always worked for me in the past, I'd probably do pearl first if leading a pickup--guess that's just something different about bad pickups.

So turning a blind eye instead of offering advice is your solution?

I mean i'll say this again... if your group does pearl first... and gets time extensions... by all means continue to do whatever it is that you do...

This post is for people who create pickups/shouts in whitegate and *** it up by being in there 120 minutes with 1-2 time extensions... hell even ZERO like my past few bad ones...

Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 15:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Also i found this on BG:

Step 1: Kill Tonberry whateverers in Konshtat and get the Abyssite that lowers time wait for stones from 20 hours down to 14 hours. This is imperative to get now that these mobs are popping on your server to maximize your time in abyssea.

Step 2: Get yourself an abyssea burn. Mandies are slow to build exp but it's pretty hard for a group to *** them up. Get yourself at least 20~30K crour from a run (this will take about a 5-6 hour run, not that hard)

Buy all 3 ivory abyssites and the maps for all 3 zones. You now won't need to spend much crour to warp conflux to conflux, can use martellos slightly faster, but most importantly, stones will give you 33 minutes instead of 30 mins each.

Step 3: Make sure you have enough crour and spend a few sessions going through all three zones and unlocking all 8 confluxes in each zones. This will make step 4 much easier.

Step 4: Maximize fame. I don't know personally offhand but if you use the search function in any of the three threads you should find a guide to maximizing your fame.

Step 5: Use your fame to complete the 2-3 quests per zone that reward abyssites. These will aid in making your character in abyssea much stronger. You'll lose less exp when you die, get stronger exp/hp/stat buffs from npcs, get temp items when you zone in, have better luck in obtaining chests, etc etc

Step 6: At this point we separate from the average player and go onto the more hardcore ones, those in endgame now want to work towards obtaining the Lunar Abyssite. This item allows you to fuse your character with one Atma per abyssea session. Atmas grant powerful buffs to your character, all the way up to +30 to stats, dramatic increases to crit rates, double attack, triple attack, magic attack, etc etc.

Fusing with an Atma does not consume it nor the lunar abyssite. You can only be fused with one of your Atmas at a time.

Step 7: Get yourself some Atmas! A complete list of atmas and what may give them is listed on wiki and all over these threads. Use the search function, you'll find it.

Step 8: ???

Step 9: PROFIT!!!
[+]
 Ifrit.Keeria
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-08-03 15:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have to say, though, luck does play a part in it. I was in a group the other night with max Azure and Pearlescent and we only saw 3 TEs in the last 50 minutes before we timed out.

Other than that, I mostly agree with your rant. And nice quote of the Abyssite tips in your most recent post.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 15:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Keeria said:
I do have to say, though, luck does play a part in it. I was in a group the other night with max Azure and Pearlescent and we only saw 3 TEs in the last 50 minutes before we timed out.

Other than that, I mostly agree with your rant. And nice quote of the Abyssite tips in your most recent post.
Honestly luck plays part in the beginning mostly... and how you go about it.

If you started off on azure vs pearl you will see time faster... i personally guarantee it. Its variance is of course luck but it WILL exist/show up.

If you start off on perle with a random pick up group and your melee *** it up by WS killing because they don't pay attention causing you to take forever to cap out pearlescent or worse causing you to get too much ruby at first... you'll see too many red chests instead of blue making it much worse in the long run.
 Cerberus.Shanyn
user: Eleri
By Cerberus.Shanyn 2010-08-03 15:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Shanyn said:

I mean i'll say this again... if your group does pearl first... and gets time extensions... by all means continue to do whatever it is that you do...

This post is for people who create pickups/shouts in whitegate and *** it up by being in there 120 minutes with 1-2 time extensions... hell even ZERO like my past few bad ones...

No. My solution is to realize that it's notoriously hard to change anyone's mind in this game and it's better to seek out like-minded individuals than get into a frustrating NUH-UH YAH-HUH argument while you're burning your stones.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 15:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Cerberus.Shanyn said:

No. My solution is to realize that it's notoriously hard to change anyone's mind in this game and it's better to seek out like-minded individuals than get into a frustrating NUH-UH YAH-HUH argument while you're burning your stones.

See and this is a fine thought... but when i sit there and give a suggestion... and then 120 minutes later almost everyone times out... why would you make another party that just times out again?

Hence the reason i made this post. If anyone who screwed this up took 5 minutes to skim this... they could find enough data/support to make a better decision or UNDERSTAND where they screwed it up.

I agree though... arguments on the internet = no win/no win... 90% of people won't admit (Right OR Wrong).
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-08-03 15:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We did. We had max azure first thing. Got about 20-30 EXP+1250/Cruor+1000 chests in a row, items 3 or 4 times, and 3 TEs the whole time.

EDIT: Sorry for not quoting you earlier. Didn't think replies were coming so fast that I'd have to. x.x;
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 15:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Keeria said:
We did. We had max azure first thing. Got about 20-30 EXP+1250/Cruor+1000 chests in a row, items 3 or 4 times, and 3 TEs the whole time.
Bingo...

If you did pearlescent first even if you DID get a blue chest its probably only 750 exp... or 200 crour.

If you maxed azure first you would have top tier rewards from ALL blue chests including time....

just sayin~
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-08-03 15:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Ifrit.Keeria said:
Bingo...

If you did pearlescent first even if you DID get a blue chest its probably only 750 exp... or 200 crour.

If you maxed azure first you would have top tier rewards from ALL blue chests including time....

just sayin~
I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. We did have top tier rewards from ALL blue chests. We had max Azure light. We simply repeatedly got top-tier rewards OTHER than timers. Constantly. Until we timed out.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 15:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Keeria said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Ifrit.Keeria said:
Bingo...

just sayin~
I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. We did have top tier rewards from ALL blue chests. We had max Azure light. We simply repeatedly got top-tier rewards OTHER than timers. Constantly. Until we timed out.
Did you only do azure 30/30 or did you do pearlescent to 30/30 following it?

I mistook what you said.

EDIT: Also did you ever get blue chests with temp items?
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-08-03 15:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Ifrit.Keeria said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Ifrit.Keeria said:
Bingo...

just sayin~

I mistook what you said.

30/30 azure, then 30/30 pearlescent, then we did both intermittently to try to keep it balanced for a while in case we miscounted one. I guarantee we were capped on both.

EDIT: Yes, several times we received multiple temp items straight into our inventories (another sign of capped azure).
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 15:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Keeria said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Ifrit.Keeria said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Ifrit.Keeria said:
Bingo...

just sayin~

I mistook what you said.

30/30 azure, then 30/30 pearlescent, then we did both intermittently to try to keep it balanced for a while in case we miscounted one. I guarantee we were capped on both.

EDIT: Yes, several times we received multiple temp items straight into our inventories (another sign of capped azure).
Pure unadulterated bad luck and i guarantee if you did it again exactly the way you did before... the outcome wouldn't be the same. You should have at LEAST gotten a few 10 minutes in there randomly.
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-08-03 15:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Ifrit.Keeria said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Ifrit.Keeria said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Ifrit.Keeria said:
Bingo...

just sayin~

I mistook what you said.

Pure unadultered bad luck and i guarantee if you did it again exactly the way you did the outcome wouldn't be the same.
Yeah, I figured as much. Just wanted to hear it from someone else before I go and build another one with the same strategy. =P