Level Cap Update Information, Discussion.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Level cap update information, discussion.
Level cap update information, discussion.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 06:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

idk..i've always been a fan of mnk/war for zerk and extra hits with DA....thats not a good sub?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-11 06:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Madranta said:
I hope H2H doesn't get changed. It will be interesting to see how SE handles it.

I'm sad that I won't be able to use Innin as Monk/Nin. I expected it to be nerfed for /nin, but not removed all together. Monks get a bit screwed in the sub job bonuses department because they can't take advantage of the Dual Wield of Nin or the the 2 handed weapon abilities of Sam.

Aggressor from \war once we reach 90! ;)
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-11 06:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
idk..i've always been a fan of mnk/war for zerk and extra hits with DA....thats not a good sub?

It's good, but no-where near /sam for 2handers and /nin for dual wield.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-06-11 06:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if manifestation Dread Spikes would work. If not then I would probably only use it for sleep II since tripling recast doesn't sound worth it for much else.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 06:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

manifestation with regular spikes doesn't work..but its techncially enhancing skill, so idk if dreads might be the new exception?
 Sylph.Jkun
Server: Sylph
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2010-06-11 06:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Agressor will be pretty interesting for DRK/WAR Kraken zergs, considering /DRG at 99 doesn't give any more Acc Bonuses, and /MNK doesn't give any more Max HP Bonuses. (The majority of zergs I've been in recently were low man, which means +Acc or +HP food had to be used carefully based on situation...)

If SAM's Sekkanoki gets put down to 40-45, then that's just dandy too!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-11 06:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jkun said:
Agressor will be pretty interesting for DRK/WAR Kraken zergs, considering /DRG at 99 doesn't give any more Acc Bonuses, and /MNK doesn't give any more Max HP Bonuses. (The majority of zergs I've been in recently were low man, which means Acc or HP food had to be used carefully based on situation...)

If SAM's Sekkanoki gets put down to 40-45, then that's just dandy too!

\war with kclub would just gimp it
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-06-11 06:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Vonn said:
All i know is i gotta get sch to 40 and jump on BLM80/SCH40 and try and manifest a Thundaga III to do THUNDAGAGA!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

You obviously have not leveled SCH, watched a SCH, or researched Manifestation. I will enlighten you. Manifestation does not work with elemental magic. Have you seen a SCH aoe a Tier IV nuke?

On a side note, adjusting the recast time for Accession and Manifestation will not make much of a difference. It will mostly be used for Haste and Refresh, but once the spell hits everyone, there won't be a need to cast them again for another 3 minutes and 2.5 minutes, respectively. What the main problem will be is the lack of stratagems. With only 2 max stratagems and only getting stratagems once every 2 minutes, it is impossible for them to maintain both cycyles symultaneously using only Accession. There will not be enough stratagems.

Btw, them = RDM/SCH
[+]
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-06-11 06:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

quick sidenote: +
/whm gets Stona. No more exclusive need for WHM to remove petrification.
/rdm gets raise

Also will AV be managable now? I mean, five levels are a big difference. I recall doing 18 man events as 50 and soloing the same as 75.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 06:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

sch main got stona as well...i'm about 99% certain of that
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-11 06:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

yup
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-06-11 06:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he means that for RDMs, but yes, SCH gets stona after using Add.: White.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 06:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

somewhere in the 40's /rdm gets MAB trait 2 as well...which is kind of a huge perk because blm gets MAB3 i think in the 50's which means they are equal in nuking abillity as subs (minus a lil int) for sch as your main
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-06-11 06:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

People really shouldn't get their hopes up for anything. You know what SE is like lol. Even the things SE says you'll get, you might not get. I'll laugh if Convert isn't even available to anyone as /rdm (I know there was a screenshot of a whm using, but by the 21st SE could change their mind).
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-06-11 06:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
somewhere in the 40's /rdm gets MAB trait 2 as well...which is kind of a huge perk because blm gets MAB3 i think in the 50's which means they are equal in nuking abillity as subs (minus a lil int) for sch as your main

I know :D
I am looking forward to this.
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-06-11 06:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
People really shouldn't get their hopes up for anything. You know what SE is like lol. Even the things SE says you'll get, you might not get. I'll laugh if Convert isn't even available to anyone as /rdm (I know there was a screenshot of a whm using, but by the 21st SE could change their mind).
there is a screenshot of a BLM using convert of the new update notice. just saying
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 06:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bojack can we refer you to page 1 of this thread where SE released another SS of a DIFFERENT job using convert? blm/rdm is the 2nd image lol
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-06-11 06:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is that convert will be allowed, but it will be a 2:1 ratio. For example, SCH/RDM with 1000hp and 800mp uses convert and would end up with 400hp and 500mp. (Yes, noone would be dumb enough to use convert at full. It was for example purposes.)
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-06-11 06:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I refer you to the last sentence of my statement. They said ranger would get something a couple updates ago and they didn't. They said Pup would get something as well, but didn't get what they were told.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-06-11 07:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Can I refer you to the last sentence of my statement. They said ranger would get something a couple updates ago and they didn't. They said Pup would get something as well, but didn't get what they were told.

lolpup got something, it just wasn't as good as they were expecting.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-11 07:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said:
My guess is that convert will be allowed, but it will be a 2:1 ratio. For example, SCH/RDM with 1000hp and 800mp uses convert and would end up with 400hp and 500mp. (Yes, noone would be dumb enough to use convert at full. It was for example purposes.)

They didnt mention convert getting gimped, but they did mention shadowbind and accesstion, so I think convert might actually be in it's normal 1:1 ratio.. /cross fingers
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-11 07:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking as a SCH, i don't think it matters what kind of ratio convert is, the fact is we have some of the best mp management in the game, and with something like convert it will maximize on that fact even more.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-06-11 07:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Siren.Thoraeon said:
They didnt mention convert getting gimped, but they did mention shadowbind and accesstion, so I think convert might actually be in it's normal 1:1 ratio.. /cross fingers

It hasn't been released yet. They can still be debating it. Although, I would love to get 1:1 convert. I would never run out of MP :D

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
Speaking as a SCH, i don't think it matters what kind of ratio convert is, the fact is we have some of the best mp management in the game, and with something like convert it will maximize on that fact even more.

^^
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-06-11 07:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:

lolpup got something, it just wasn't as good as they were expecting.

That's what I mean, "they didn't get what they were told". I'm just saying, SE has been known to go back on their word and/or screw up things that seemed promising. Until the update is out and things are confirmed I wouldn't expect anything.
 Sylph.Jkun
Server: Sylph
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2010-06-11 07:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It could have been worse, they could have given PUP a natural MP pool or something stupid, but instead went with melee/defense upgrades, which I am pretty sure 99% of PUPs wanted!

Also, even if the update comes out with some things that are broken or over the top, SE can patch it within a couple of days (lolmagicmortar). Speculation until then, is just speculation.

And it's fun!
 Bismarck.Yuenna
user: yuenna
By Bismarck.Yuenna 2010-06-11 07:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Now, let's hope QD works with a bow! BLM\COR! Invalid Item Set Probably better sets, I'm just psyched and put together something D:

Here is the definition of quick draw on wiki

Job Ability Shoot a bullet charged with the magical energy of an elemental card. Special items required.
Obtained: Corsair Level 40
Recharge Time: 1:00
Charges: 2
Duration: Instant

To use Quick Draw, the Corsair must have a gun and bullet equipped and must have the appropriate card in their inventory (e.g. Light Shot requires a Light Card

So unless there is a gun out there that other jobs besided rng or cor can use.. Not many people will be using QD.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11