Level Cap Update Information, Discussion.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Level cap update information, discussion.
Level cap update information, discussion.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-11 16:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well personally I think this new update will be fine. Sure, I too was skeptic at first because of the rough road to 75 but eventually this was going to happen someday anyways; at least that's how I anticipated it. Who knows, this will greatly change playstyles for the better possibly. We'll see.

I would have to honestly say also that us, as players are the "pioneers" of SE's pro's and con's and we should appreciate it since nowadays its so much easier to progress through the game as far as levleing goes (FoV, etc) and putting up with all the craziness.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 16:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
The final relic paths don't just enhance the relics, the turn them into something completely different.

how do you know this?
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-11 16:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
The final relic paths don't just enhance the relics, the turn them into something completely different.
how do you know this?
Those empyrean weapons duh!
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-11 16:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

how do you know this?

See what I mean, even with links, people call *** cause Reading?LOLNO.

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=21769

""3rd set of strongest weapons" i.e. enhancing Relics and Mythics into a new set of ultimate weapons."

one of the last lines down before the comment boards.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 16:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

massive edit:

just reread that link there, and that doesn't necessarily mean a completely different weapon...A regular Amanomurakumo and an Amano with dmg+5 are still DIFFERENT weapons...and atm Amano+5 dmg is the "ultimate" dmg GK
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-11 16:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
lol might be on par with relics or relic-1 not necessarily relic 1 lol speculation put off as fact ftl lol

They were very specific to mention Enhancing Relics and Mythics INTO a new set of Ultimate weapons... Meaning you need relic/mythic to do it, thus one can assume with almost absolute certainty, that they will be better.

Actually, as far as the game is concerned, an augmented weapon and an unaugmented weapon are the same thing. If you don't believe me, toss an augmented item and have it restored. The restore will always be w/o the additional augment stats, because the game recognizes that item only as that item, and that's the only way it gets restored from backup. (Many people have done this with fail Hagun augments)
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-06-11 16:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

"in addition to the last Levelcap Update it is now possible for Blackmages to cast Meteor. Similar to Zantetsuken the Damage of the Spell will be lowered depending on the Numbers of Enemies. If the Number of Enemies is above the Number 2 the Damage of the Spell Meteor will be absorbed by every Enemy."

"In Recent Version-Updates June and September we received a lot Attention from our Players that were confused why the Job Blackmage got "nothing" new. We apologize to our fellow Players and have a good Message for them: You get Meteor that's it. And you have to make arguest Quests in order to call this Spell your own."

"and a little Side-note to our Blackmages: We are going to discontinue the Jobclass Blackmage in Final Fantasy XI and are happy to announce that every Blackmage in the Game will be tranformed into the Scholar Jobclass. Starting with level 1."

that seems like SE to me.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-11 16:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
massive edit: just reread that link there, and that doesn't necessarily mean a completely different weapon...A regular Amanomurakumo and an Amano with dmg 5 are still DIFFERENT weapons...and atm Amano 5 dmg is the "ultimate" dmg GK
That's like saying the 2 NQ weskits in your inventory with different augments are different armors. But the game sure doesn't differentiate between them.

Hell reading new set of weapons as same weapons with augments on them is a massive stretch to begin with
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 16:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

well in a way they kind of would be..one might raise int while one might raise mnd with -stats... kinda different in a technical sense, just perhaps not in a "how the game sees them" sense as far as restores go
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-11 17:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
well in a way they kind of would be..one might raise int while one might raise mnd with -stats... kinda different in a technical sense, just perhaps not in a "how the game sees them" sense as far as restores go

I'm just talking how the server recognizes it. I am confused on the technical details, I just know if you ever toss an Augmented item, you may get the default back, but never the augment. Also, if you have many of the same, scroll through the quickly, and you'll notice the Augment won't load in the Help text for a second or two... Almost like it's equipment on equipment..

<insert Yo, Dawg! meme here>
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 17:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk man..all I know is..I BETTER NOT have to get Amano to get Masamune, or I'm gonna be pissed off somethin fierce lol
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-11 17:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Idk man..all I know is..I BETTER NOT have to get Amano to get Masamune, or I'm gonna be pissed off somethin fierce lol

Empyrean weapons ARE NOT the new "Ultimate" weapons. They may be very good, even better than some of the more poorly designed relics. But are obviously not the intended "Next stage" of relics.

So no worries there.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 17:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

*sigh of relief* Idk where you got that info from, but I pray you're right lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-11 17:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Like getting relic is gunna be that hard after all the lvl raising
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-11 17:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
*sigh of relief* Idk where you got that info from, but I pray you're right lol

It's not official info, but releasing a new set of "Relics" without the cap even being raised to it's final roof, makes no sense at all. Honestly, I think they're going to be Rewards for the Battle Scenario story, similar to the ACP body, AMKD Head and ASA Legs. Perhaps not Augmentable, or if they are, through Trial of the Magians, and not like the aforementioned Micro-rewards.
By Archangelgab 2010-06-11 17:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Seeing getting a relic is more or less a 1 YR or more task and not to mention ton of gil, knowing SE, masamune or other abyssean weapons might take abyssea currency ???, abyssea items, ***ton of magian trials ???

or the classic offering of taru tarus to KOKI to appease him for a +1 dmg aug on masamune >.>;;

either way id prefer lots of magian trails ( take Lamprey Lord killings down a notch {Radenotachi 0/6 T_T} ) instead of making it relic V2.

Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-11 17:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Like getting a relic is "Hard" anyway.

Time doesn't mean it's hard. It just takes tenacity and willpower to stick it through to the end.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-11 17:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Time doesn't mean it's hard. It just takes tenacity and willpower to stick it through to the end.
Correction like it will be all that costly or time consuming in comparison.

Time it takes could be a measure of difficulty too anyways
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-11 17:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Correction like it will be all that costly or time consuming in comparison.

Time it takes could be a measure of difficulty too anyways

I suppose, I guess I mean it's not a challenge of anything but will.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 17:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on Ankabut atm for my Raddenotachi (10 shells from high dmg Kurodachi..need to find a merc group or VNM group to join for that ***since I'm close lol) and I'm doing evade- Efunotachi to give my sam a lot more versatility (yes I love the ToM system lol its rough doing some of the trials, but well worth it)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-11 17:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Like getting a relic is "Hard" anyway. Time doesn't mean it's hard. It just takes tenacity and willpower to stick it through to the end.
Correction like it will be all that costly or time consuming in comparison. Time it takes could be a measure of difficulty too anyways
Often that is the greatest challenge in this game lol.
By Archangelgab 2010-06-11 17:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Like getting a relic is "Hard" anyway. Time doesn't mean it's hard. It just takes tenacity and willpower to stick it through to the end.
Correction like it will be all that costly or time consuming in comparison. Time it takes could be a measure of difficulty too anyways
Often that is the greatest challenge in this game lol.

kinda like ppl still after 7 yrs on Promies :p

or the ever elusive Kclub bcnm (0/92 runs) -.-

By Archangelgab 2010-06-11 17:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I'm on Ankabut atm for my Raddenotachi (10 shells from high dmg Kurodachi..need to find a merc group or VNM group to join for that ***since I'm close lol) and I'm doing evade- Efunotachi to give my sam a lot more versatility (yes I love the ToM system lol its rough doing some of the trials, but well worth it)

yeah, for my radeno, im doing dmg 89 GK, i know how to get win but problem is ls doesnt have 5 blm on nowadays.

this is how a drk friend got albion dmg 93 gs
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 17:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

5 blms? what do you need 5 blms for? from what i understand Lamprey Lord is duoable (soloable with the right job, but not sam)
By Archangelgab 2010-06-11 17:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

the way ls did it was the following :

in pashhow marshlands, 1 person needing albion popped it as drk/nin with powder boots, ran back to a rock and proceeded to kite a bit while BLM set up to burn the gd thing to hell, while whm healed a bit, blm tier IV'ing leech till dead.

thats one way to do it if u dont have the time or patience to do it rdm way or duoable.

btw i really dont think its doable, since stunning procs paralyze from it and it hits fast and hard like a truck plus the added poison effect which is kinda weird because it can either take low hp o 100 hp or so like spider NM for aptant in wajaom or bhaflau thickets i dont remember.

but if someone can duo that thing, hell, kudos dudes !

straight up trio as pld/war, rdm/whm and whm/sch can be done but hate is kinda crazy cause of acid mist hate reset.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-11 17:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lamprey Lord? Rdms have solo'd that in pashow
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-11 17:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

You have to be samurai for the trial though.

Lamprey is Also Soloable in North Gustaburg_S
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-11 17:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
You have to be samurai for the trial though.

Lamprey is Also Soloable in North Gustaburg_S
Well yeah but you can just have a sam doing nothing along with you.

The point is it doesn't take 5blms. Not even close
By Archangelgab 2010-06-11 17:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, as its done in video on youtube, but i'm just telling how LS did a Lamprey Lord with more ppl.

and well only reasons i see for a rdm soloing this bad boy are for hirunidea earring, abyssite key item ( which might be easier in a group) and bragging rights.

the way i described is for a quick kill and completion of SAM, WHM, RNG and DRK magian "final" versions, for now.

key words : quick kills :3
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-11 17:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh going now is often quicker than waiting for 5 blms. Especially for you now it sounds like
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11