Level Cap Update Information, Discussion.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Level cap update information, discussion.
Level cap update information, discussion.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-11 03:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I'm actually interested in what they're going to do with h2h. If the formula goes as is now, mnk is going to become even moreso of a heavy hitter than it is now.

For those of you who did not know,

Do not have the same damage rating.

You'll note how destroyers say DMG 18 and the dagger just says DMG 18

This is because you have DMG w/ bare fists and the DMG from a h2h weapon adds onto that.

Your base DMG that the 18 gets added to is based directly on your h2h skill. ((h2h skill x .11) 3)round down. When the skill caps raise, mnk is going to get even more base damage before looking at the weapon.

My earlier thought at a solution would be to lower the DMG on h2h weapons growth as compared to other weapons, but looking at magian trails, it doesn't seem that is the intention (as Spharai can get DMG 6, which is right up there with the other weapons).

Another thought is they could change how h2h base DMG is calculated, but this would be really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Anyone 75 or lower would be penalized because if they change it to match what we have now at 75 or slow the growth of the pattern we already have, we're gonna be weakened for 75 and below. Basically, here, if they go this route, we get weakened and as we approach lv 80 we gain back the DMG we already had before the update, but lost.

Very interesting, it would be nice to see MNK accepted as a heavy hitter (I know it is, but you've probably heard some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE people who don't accept it)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ouch
By Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie 2010-06-11 03:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
you can combat a major portion of your recast penalty by just doubling up your stratagems though... manifestion alacrity should take a vast majority of the penalty off while still giving you 1/2 cast time
Given that we'll only have two stratagem charges, this seems to me a pretty piss poor solution since it means you'd only get to do one spell every four minutes. Something to fire off in a pinch, I suppose, but hardly something with lasting utility.

As far as TW's concerns about H2H damage go, I don't think it will be an issue. I imagine SE will just go the way of many of the calculations for various enhancing spells where beyond a critical value of H2H skill, the formula used to calculate damage is adjusted (for example, there are three different formulas for stoneskin depending on your X value where X = (Enhancing Skill/3)+MND). Admittedly, in this case this works in favor of making stoneskin more powerful, but I'm sure they could use the same principle in the opposite manner.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-11 04:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully they just ignore it and leave it as is
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie
By Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie 2010-06-11 04:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My money is on them ignoring it until they realize MNK is getting pretty *** awesome and nerf it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-11 04:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I'll take a bit of brokenness while I can get it
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-06-11 04:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Convert will be nerfed 2:1. I am gonna /sch on rdm now since /whm gets no afflatus JA

Sylph.Jkun
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2010-06-11 04:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That might be DRK/SCH using Manifestation > Stun. However, I'm pretty sure DRK is going to get Aspir 2 under their belt eventually, so that's a bonus~

Maybe this stat update will push Spiritreaver Automatons into the Thunder 4 catagory too... one can only hope!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-06-11 04:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
I wonder if /cor will have appeal now due to evoker's roll and QD being available to some mages.

QD without a gun @_@?

And I can't see them rounding Evoker's roll's potency up after being halved (40/80) so you'll end up with 1MP/tick unless you hit 11. And well, if 1MP/tick is that big of a deal (which would just be the same as subbing BRD for Ballad I), then the mage is probably better off with a "mage-ier" subjob. Will be nice for a THF just acting in for TH4 or some other situation where the person's job is not very important though. But otherwise, it'd be gimping someone's role for a minimal advantage.

Edit:
Well, BRD/COR for SMN party on HNM could be pretty nice actually.
 Unicorn.Sedres
Server: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-06-11 04:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

More stuff we already (mostly) knew. Yay.
 Siren.Alicenchains
Server: Siren
By Siren.Alicenchains 2010-06-11 04:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

No one seemed to mention only 2 strategem charges as sub...really 2 charges at 2min recast you not going to be using accession as much as people think
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ahtos
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ahtos
By Ragnarok.Ahtos 2010-06-11 04:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jkun said:
Maybe this stat update will push Spiritreaver Automatons into the Thunder 4 catagory too... one can only hope!

Thunder IV should be @ magic skill 290/291 and that is lvl 76 or 77.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 04:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Alicenchains said:
No one seemed to mention only 2 strategem charges as sub...really 2 charges at 2min recast you not going to be using accession as much as people think

and what would you really want to accession? haste on sch/whm, or whm/sch which has a 3m duration..I see no issue really
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-06-11 05:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Siren.Alicenchains said:

and what would you really want to accession? haste on sch/whm, or whm/sch which has a 3m duration..I see no issue really

I would save my strats exclusively for haste. It would make exp parties that much easier. RDM go go accession cure4 =D we'll be ok >->;;
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-06-11 05:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said:
Convert will be nerfed 2:1. I am gonna /sch on rdm now since /whm gets no afflatus JA

I didn't see Convert listed under the abilities that will be altered for subs.
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-06-11 05:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM/rdm convert is still a possibility. Will be best BLM update ever is it comes true.
[+]
 Leviathan.Revgrigor
Server: Leviathan
user: Revgrigor
By Leviathan.Revgrigor 2010-06-11 05:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Baelorn said:
Cerberus.Sephrin said:

I didn't see Convert listed under the abilities that will be altered for subs.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
The level cap increase will also result in a number of existing skills becoming newly available to support jobs, with a few exceptions and adjustments to preserve balance and ensure that main jobs do not see their thunder stolen.
This pretty much screams nerfed convert for /rdm.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-06-11 05:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt we've seen the end of what SE plans to nerf. While it's all open to interpretation at this point, Convert and stuff might see some form of dilution.
 Sylph.Kanbaru
user: kanbaru
By Sylph.Kanbaru 2010-06-11 05:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jkun said:
That might be DRK/SCH using Manifestation > Stun.

maybe can do manifestation drain2? lol
 Asura.Kowen
Server: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-06-11 05:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if the afflatus abilities are main job only, WHM needs to get something good after 75 to stay on top now that SCH will have access to Haste.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie
By Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie 2010-06-11 05:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Let everyone else have their convert toys. Honestly I'd rather Square Enix give RDM some new toys to play with than nerf our existing spells and abilities for support job use. Refresh II is just about a given, but I'm still holding out (but not holding my breath) for regain.

Edit: I'll take it a step further and say that SE should even leave HP:MP conversion at 1:1 for convert. It's not like many other mages (except perhaps SCH) should have MP pools so dismal that they'll be reaching parity as easily as RDM anyway. Unless you're a galka mage. In which case their MP pool needs all the help it can get anyway.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 05:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

why on EARTH would SE give rdm regain?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-11 05:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Now, let's hope QD works with a bow!
BLM\COR!

Probably better sets, I'm just psyched and put together something D:
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-11 05:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie said:
Let everyone else have their convert toys. Honestly I'd rather Square Enix give RDM some new toys to play with than nerf our existing spells and abilities for support job use. Refresh II is just about a given, but I'm still holding out (but not holding my breath) for regain.

Regain will never happen, basic understanding of the game mechanics makes this obvious.

And If regain does come into fruition, I doubt rdm will get it.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 05:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

if anybody is getting regain its sam and/or dnc
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie
By Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie 2010-06-11 05:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm well aware it's not going to happen (hence "not holding my breath"). Doesn't mean a man can't dream.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-11 05:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Now, let's hope QD works with a bow!
BLM\COR!

Probably better sets, I'm just psyched and put together something D:

Actually nvm this, doing the math the dmg blows -_-
Would'nt be worth it with 1min recast.
By Inga 2010-06-11 05:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kanbaru said:
Sylph.Jkun said:
That might be DRK/SCH using Manifestation > Stun.

maybe can do manifestation drain2? lol

Then pull hate and die.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-11 06:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

bio 2-ga, aspir-ga, and drain-ga, pulling hate and dying is half the fun of campaign on sch (since you can't just nuke stuff to high hell, because there is a very gimped exp cap on magic dmg :( )
 Valefor.Madranta
Server: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2010-06-11 06:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope H2H doesn't get changed. It will be interesting to see how SE handles it.

I'm sad that I won't be able to use Innin as Monk/Nin. I expected it to be nerfed for /nin, but not removed all together. Monks get a bit screwed in the sub job bonuses department because they can't take advantage of the Dual Wield of Nin or the the 2 handed weapon abilities of Sam.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11