Execute Woman - Starving & Abusing 9-year-old

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 13 14 15
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 12:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
I don't know if I misunderstood "entire society" but are you implying all of society have murderous tenancies?
Everyone is capable of murder, nowhere did I say that "the death sentence is not a deterrent for these individuals here" I was talking about it not being a deterrent for society as a whole.

Most people don't needlessly kill because they find it wrong to do, others will kill for crimes of passion (revenge, etc), others will do it for gain, out of the two instances it's either they don't care about the penalties of getting caught or they they think they won't get caught. It usually takes a lot to drive somebody to take the life of another unwarranted.

Then there's cases such as these where the individuals are just *** in the head, as we don't have a psych profile to go on, we can't say for sure what they were thinking, looks like control issues, some remorse. Considering how long it was going on though: it was probably safe to assume that they didn't care about the potential penalties, as they had plenty of opportunity to stop, and no real gain.

I see your points clearly. Appreciated. But you still are kinda dodging the reasons why some think the death penalty is necessary.

Individuals who kill for gain: Lack of a death penalty would only increase the frequency at which these types kill.

Individuals who kill in retaliation (other required than self defense): Lack of a death penalty would place "killing" as a retaliatory measure much higher on the "possible responses" list in their decision making.

Individuals who have murderous urges due to mental conditions, the insane: Jury is still out on this with me. But if they are that much of a threat, I'd rather see them dead than an innocent child, woman or man.

I think the pro-death penalty people see things in just that way - i.e "I would rather stomach seeing this murderer dead than risk anyone else getting killed by allowing him to live"
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 12:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
If you benefit from the intellectual property of another person, group, business, corporation, or other legal entity, without their express permission, or knowledge, that falls under the definition of theft, as you are depriving them of their business and livelihood.

Yet I'm not benefiting, I'm not gaining anything.

It also doesn't fall under the definition, nor am I depriving anyone of anything.

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
What's the point in arguing with you?

You've got an excuse for everything.
You confuse reasoning with excuses, how's that biblical justice working out for you?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 12:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Death penalty as a preventitive measure has already been debunked.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 12:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-18 12:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Some definitions, yo:

Homocide: The killing of human being by another human being

Murder: The unlawuful killing of a human being by another human being without justification or excuse

Quote:
Although the term homicide is sometimes used synonymously with murder, homicide is broader in scope than murder. Murder is a form of criminal homicide; other forms of homicide might not constitute criminal acts. These homicides are regarded as justified or excusable. For example, individuals may, in a necessary act of Self-Defense, kill a person who threatens them with death or serious injury, or they may be commanded or authorized by law to kill a person who is a member of an enemy force or who has committed a serious crime. Typically, the circumstances surrounding a killing determine whether it is criminal. The intent of the killer usually determines whether a criminal homicide is classified as murder or Manslaughter and at what degree.
To add regarding death certificates specifically:
The term murder is not used. It is homicide.

Then it is decided by various officials if it is justified or murder, self defense, etc.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 12:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I see your points clearly. Appreciated. But you still are kinda dodging the reasons why some think the death penalty is necessary.

Individuals who kill for gain: Lack of a death penalty would only increase the frequency at which these types kill.

Individuals who kill in retaliation (other required than self defense): Lack of a death penalty would place "killing" as a retaliatory measure much higher on the "possible responses" list in their decision making.

Individuals who have murderous urges due to mental conditions, the insane: Jury is still out on this with me. But if they are that much of a threat, I'd rather see them dead than an innocent child, woman or man.

I think the pro-death penalty people see things in just that way - i.e "I would rather stomach seeing this murderer dead than risk anyone else getting killed by allowing him to live"
First one: no it wouldn't, can you prove this? As you're merely just throwing conjecture.

Second one: again, conjecture.

If somebody has a mental condition to where they couldn't control what they did, then they need treatment not punishment.

You see things in that way, but falsely as it's pure emotional garbage mixed in with conjecture.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 12:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

In all situations and types of murder? I could be wrong and it really might have no consequence on people killing each other, in which case I would become Pro-Gun. (because it would mean that the average human being is a lot more irrational than I thought)
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-18 12:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Why is it necessary?

See my previous point for a quick background on why I think it is. To address your question specifically; because said individuals who cannot be deterred by threat of death are an absolute menace to everyone around them.
There's no definitive evidence that capital punishment works as a deterrent. It's apparently a difficult topic to properly quantify due to a variety of confounding factors and necessary assumptions that muddy the data. If you're aware of something new, please share.

If you believe prison time is appropriate, then one could argue you are willingly putting the guards and other prison inmates at risk of being murdered by having such people alive and well, anywhere on the face of this earth.
This just isn't a good argument. Risk is inherent when working in such close proximity to convicted criminals. The death row inmate is also not being killed because of what he/she might to but what they were convicted of in court. There's no due process in being punished for something you could do.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 12:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

In all situations and types of murder? I could be wrong and it really might have no consequence on people killing each other, in which case I would become Pro-Gun. (because it would mean that the average human being is a lot more irrational than I thought)

May I reccomend a Smith & Wesson?

Despite my support of it, the Death Penalty is pretty well researched to not be a deterrent to violent crime. I can't cite statistics for you atm, but others have posted them before.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 12:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you benefit from the intellectual property of another person, group, business, corporation, or other legal entity, without their express permission, or knowledge, that falls under the definition of theft, as you are depriving them of their business and livelihood.

It also doesn't fall under the definition, nor am I depriving anyone of anything.

You confuse reasoning with excuses, how's that biblical justice working out for you?
Except you are benefitting and gaining (non-physical gains can still be counted as gains) by stealing services or goods that fall under Intellectual Property, which deprives the person, group, business, corporation, or other legal entity, of the compensation it deserves.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-18 12:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

(because it would mean that the average human being is a lot more irrational than I thought)

people tend to underestimate desperation.

some people live lives that they wouldn't mind if they ended. destitution & fear can be incredible motivators. the death penalty is of no concern to people who don't value their own lives.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 12:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you trying to say to not fear a lethal punishment when you're about to kill somebody is illogical? Do you not see the disconnect there?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 12:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Except you are benefitting and gaining (non-physical gains can still be counted as gains) by stealing services or goods that fall under Intellectual Property, which deprives the person, group, business, corporation, or other legal entity, of the compensation it deserves.

No, no, no. He's not benefitting. He's actually suffering a hardship. They should really pay him for tolerating their product.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-18 12:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
The state of Texas murders a negro, no one bats an eye.
Some vigilante cop further north murders a negro, everyone... loses their minds.
Sorry for a backread, but...

WHAT THE *** HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU????

Why in the *** hell do you think this is a racial thing?????
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-09-18 12:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

But they're just corporations that don't need that money.

They're ripping him off trying to charge him.

He's got a right to whatever he wants.

It works this way:

He does what he want, get caught doing it and law is enforced. Big corporation sues to protect their business (they only want to make sure people is afraid from doing it). The only people who are really winning on that one are the lawyers.

SAME thing with the capital penalty, huh ? I suppose the blood suckers are the lawyers in the end ? (lol this was sarcasm, ok ? don't hate me) XD

Edit: To an extent, murdering could also be qualified as "doing what one want without any care about the consequences".
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 12:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet it's not stealing, nor depriving them of anything.

It makes no difference whether or not I buy a used dvd or just download it off thepiratebay.se in regards to their "compensation they deserve." They're still getting zero dollars. But you're also assuming that I would purchase it otherwise, which is a large assumption.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 12:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
The state of Texas murders a negro, no one bats an eye.
Some vigilante cop further north murders a negro, everyone... loses their minds.
Sorry for a backread, but...

WHAT THE *** HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU????

Why in the *** hell do you think this is a racial thing?????
It's Candlejack, all he sees is "black and white" and sometimes yellow.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 12:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »

But they're just corporations that don't need that money.

They're ripping him off trying to charge him.

He's got a right to whatever he wants.

It works this way:

He does what he want, get caught doing it and law is enforced. Big corporation sues to protect their business (they only want to make sure people is afraid from doing it). The only people who are really winning on that one are the lawyers.

SAME thing with the capital penalty, huh ? I suppose the blood suckers are the lawyers in the end ? (lol this was sarcasm, ok ? don't hate me) XD

Edit: To an extent, murdering could also be qualified as "doing what one want without any care about the consequences".

I'm the last of the corporations' worry.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 12:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Buying a used dvd, typically means it's already been paid for, and has thus been offered compensation for the initial product.

Downloading something that you didn't pay for (that the author/writer/etc.) doesn't get compensated for, or the illegal sale of such acts, is theft and piracy.

Do you really not see the *** clearly defined difference?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-18 12:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Who even uses the term 'negro' anymore? Other than the Cliven Bundys of the world.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-18 12:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Downloading something that you didn't pay for (that the author/writer/etc.) doesn't get compensated for, or the illegal sale of such acts, is theft and piracy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 12:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet it's not stealing, nor depriving them of anything.

It makes no difference whether or not I buy a used dvd or just download it off thepiratebay.se in regards to their "compensation they deserve." They're still getting zero dollars. But you're also assuming that I would purchase it otherwise, which is a large assumption.

Jet, the great Pirate Hacker Robin Hood of the 2000s.

In 300 years movies will be made of his exploits.

He'll swashbuckle and type and romance beautiful young maidens.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 12:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Who even uses the term 'negro' anymore? Other than the Cliven Bundys of the world.

I'll drop the word once in a great while when I'm making a sarcastic comment. Mostly because...who the hell uses it anymore? I'm clearly being sarcastic.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 12:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Buying a used dvd, typically means it's already been paid for, and has thus been offered compensation for the initial product.

Yet somebody purchased the original dvd they uploaded and had been compensated.

There's no theft in piracy, but good job on being dupped by media.

There's no deprivation.

Come back to me when we live in a world where digital content can't be recreated by reversing the 0's and 1's in the content, then I'll give a ***.

Piracy still isn't theft, no matter what you want to call it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-18 12:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lately over here "banana eaters" has become popular for some reason.

And I'm offended cause I like bananas too and I'm the whitest chick in town!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 12:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Lately over here "banana eaters" has become popular for some reason.

And I'm offended cause I like bananas too and I'm the whitest chick in town!

Seriously. You're in Italy. Shouldn't you be olive-complected?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 12:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll drop the word once in a great while when I'm making a sarcastic comment. Mostly because...who the hell uses it anymore? I'm clearly being sarcastic.

White racists. It's like saying orientals at this point.

Those *** crackas. LOL, I can't even type that without bursting into laughter.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 12:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I would, an American pizza!

Edit: but an Italian car...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-18 12:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously. You're in Italy. Shouldn't you be olive-complected?
Most people in southern Italy are like that yeah, darker skin, curly black hair, curvy. I'm a minority..protect me!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 12:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet somebody purchased the original dvd they uploaded and had been compensated.

There's no theft in piracy, but good job on being dupped by media.

There's no deprivation.

Come back to me when we live in a world where digital content can't be recreated by reversing the 0's and 1's in the content, then I'll give a ***.

Piracy still isn't theft, no matter what you want to call it.

Bet you'd feel different if you actually had any intellectual property rights.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 13 14 15