Execute Woman - Starving & Abusing 9-year-old

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 13:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Grumpy Cat said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
So was this mad dog put down like she most definitely deserved for needlessly torturing and starving a child to death?

Her execution will give me much needed sustenance.
Yeah she is super dead.
Good job society: you murdered somebody, guilty or not, you murdered somebody.
Jet, I have to ask you this:

If a random guy walks up to you and your daughter and shoots your daughter in cold blood just because he doesn't like you, wouldn't you want the death penalty for that guy?
No, killing him wouldn't bring her back.

But nice trying to make an emotional argument.

Edit: but honestly, if I didn't die too, I'd probably be in prison for killing him in cold blood out of revenge.

I never said I was a saint.
Killing him wouldn't bring her back, that is true.

But don't you think that society showing themselves that killing a person would give you this type of punishment would be a major deterrent of somebody else doing the same thing?

If a person who takes your wallet gets nothing more than a slap on the wrist for stealing your wallet, what's keeping the same person from stealing the next guy's wallet?

There are people out there who would kill and/or harm people without any consideration of their future or the people they are killing/harming. That fact will not change regardless of the punishment system in place. But what punishments and penalties society places on people for their actions do have some deterrents to what they do in their lives.
Apparently getting killed isnt a deterrent.
That's why I didn't do hard drugs as a teen or steal from the rich, because deterrents don't work.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-18 13:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Just drop the deterrent ***. It's a useless argument. And the whole 'what if your kid was murdered' is a cheap appeal to emotion. 10 points from Gryffindor.
Life is not fiction, but I guess that's beyond your limited viewpoints.

Tell us though, which book are you living in today?
Was that supposed to be a comeback? lol

At the most basic level, fear of punishment, capital or otherwise, relies on a rational evaluation of the consequences of one's actions. You do something bad, you get punished, therefore you avoid doing bad things. But violent crime is not typically associated with the most level-headed of thinkers so it's not surprising that the threat of death or imprisonment doesn't really work as a deterrent and is only really considered after the fact where the threat of getting caught is real but the damage is already done.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 13:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My argument for the death penalty was only for obscene murderers like this lump of human garbage that tortured a child which is just a gold standard of scumbag behavior.

War Criminals
Gang Rapists
Sex Traffickers
Serial Killers
Religious Death Squads

Are all on my "I'd pull the gallows myself" territory regarding how little I regard their personal freedoms they ceded the minute they brutally ended someones life. They're beyond help and should shuffle off this mortal coil with due haste. I'm not suggesting we execute someone who held up a liquor store or someone who didn't pay their taxes but a mass murderer? No thanks, goodbye.

Maybe one day we'll be able to reformat brains so these people can be cured of their illness but 'til then I find it very hard to feel sympathy for someone who chained up a kid and watch them waste away into nothing.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 13:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
I'm the last of the corporations' worry.

I was mentioning that there's corporations out there more than willing to drown you on legal troubles over petty copyright issues, just to make a good example of and scare others willing to violate their rights.

SONY did that when the PS3 got emptied online and all of it's beans spilled on for the world to see. All that SONY did was sue, sue and sue.

It sued a German guy to oblivion. I think the poor guy got close to living under a bridge as a reward for reverse engineering the PS3 OS kernel and security libraries.
That's one of the main reasons I've come to hold the viewpoints I have, that entire event.

There's nothing wrong with reverse engineering a device you purchased and sharing that information with others so they can modify it as they please.

The analogy I like to use is: they're essentially trying to lock you up for changing the default temp/time for the popcorn button in your microwave, because they want you to use the microwave to buy their popcorn. It's mind boggling, and yet our pro-corporation government sees nothing wrong with it, even though it's detrimental to society as a whole.

But I digress and I could go on for 9 pages about that.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-18 13:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Apparently getting killed isnt a deterrent.
That's why I didn't do hard drugs as a teen or steal from the rich, because deterrents don't work.
I'm still waiting on when I said I supported the killing of kids Blazed.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 13:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My argument for the death penalty was only for obscene murderers like this lump of human garbage that tortured a child which is just a gold standard of scumbag behavior.

War Criminals
Gang Rapists
Sex Traffickers
Serial Killers
Religious Death Squads

Are all on my "I'd pull the gallows myself" territory regarding how little I regard their personal freedoms they ceded the minute they brutally ended someones life. They're beyond help and should shuffle off this mortal coil with due haste. I'm not suggesting we execute someone who held up a liquor store or someone who didn't pay their taxes but a mass murderer? No thanks, goodbye.

Maybe one day we'll be able to reformat brains so these people can be cured of their illness but 'til then I find it very hard to feel sympathy for someone who chained up a kid and watch them waste away into nothing.
Emotionally: I'm fully with you, but logically as a society we should strive to be better than the criminals we despise. I have a hard time condemning criminals for said acts when we're doing the same acts to them in retaliation.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 13:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

War Criminals
Gang Rapists
Sex Traffickers
Serial Killers
Religious Death Squads

Emotionally: I'm fully with you, but logically as a society we should strive to be better than the criminals we despise. I have a hard time condemning criminals for said acts when we're doing the same acts to them in retaliation.

Intent is the fundamental difference.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-18 13:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

because it's not a deterrent, I thought we covered this pages ago?
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
The only people that it might stop are the people that wouldn't do it already. Just like the death penalty isn't a true deterrant. It would inherently screw people over kinda like those lawas that officers already abuse where they stop people for minor traffic violations then rob them blind.
It's because that society's viewpoints have already ingrained us that XXX will get you YYY punishment that neither of you do not see it.

Why not expand your minds a little and see beyond the box that is your life.

I know that you both are very limited in your viewpoints because neither of you can comprehend beyond your own scope, but don't say in absolution that this needs to be like how either of you two think....

What?

Also:
...but don't say in absolution...
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 13:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

War Criminals
Gang Rapists
Sex Traffickers
Serial Killers
Religious Death Squads

Intent is the fundamental difference.

Not at all, and in some cases the intent is equal.
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2014-09-18 14:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The woman responsible was humanely euthanized.

Problem solved.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-18 14:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

our cousins are cool with it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 14:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Xsoahc said: »

Problem solved.
turns out unlawfully to boot
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 14:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wait till James Franco starts giving them Alzheimers meds. Then we're *** screwed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 14:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not gonna lie this is the quote that came to mind the moment I read that... well, after the "you're in the wrong neighborhood ***" meme:

Quote:
That we're like animals! It's in the blood! It's natural! Peace? That's an accident! It's what is! When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it. Old men start it, young men fight it, nobody wins, everybody in the middle dies... and nobody tells the truth! God's gonna make all that go away?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 14:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem solved.

Love how you're only big on the law when it supports criminals. Not just criminals. Heinous criminals.

Otherwise it's unjust and unfair and "a biproduct of our pro-corporation government".

***, dude. I hate corporations and even I think you're full of ***.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 14:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This came to mind as soon as I hit that link

YouTube Video Placeholder

I know... i don't see the correlation either.. but monkey sex, yeah.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 14:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Problem solved.

Love how you're only big on the law when it supports criminals. Not just criminals. Heinous criminals.

Otherwise it's unjust and unfair and "a biproduct of our pro-corporation government".

There's a severe difference between the punishment of a copyright violation and executing somebody too. Not to mention that copyright law has went far beyond it's intent and purpose.

Just don't go to a movie with Google glass on, you'll be arrested by homeland security.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 14:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem solved.

There's a severe difference between the punishment of a copyright violation and executing somebody too. Not to mention that copyright law has went far beyond it's intent and purpose.

Just don't go to a movie with Google glass on, you'll be arrested by homeland security.

You should be arrested for wearing google glasses at all.

Pretentious crap.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 14:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretentious crap.
... how about no.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 14:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretentious crap.
... how about no.

Can't take jokes now either: check.

Obviously you shouldn't be arrested...
...but they're still pretentious crap.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 15:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem solved.

Pretentious crap.

All my dreams.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-18 15:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe in the future when they'll actually have worthwhile features...for now they seem like just such a waste of money. Considering how expensive they are...
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 15:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretentious crap.
... how about no.

Can't take jokes now either: check.

Obviously you shouldn't be arrested...
...but they're still pretentious crap.

I wouldn't draw that conclusion, but I think you're thinking more of this:

By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 15:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Maybe in the future when they'll actually have worthwhile features...for now they seem like just such a waste of money. Considering how expensive they are...
The case I was referencing I believe the guy had them to test, and even had his prescription lenses put in.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-19 09:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

A pretty horrific story here. But it (unfortunately) proves my point. That you argued so much against jet. I said time and time again that if dead its guaranteed this women couldn't torture or kill again; be it inmates, security guards, or civilians if released or escaped. - The last point which you heavily argued against.

Well heres a story to show what happens when ppl get released.

Quote:
Convicted Florida felon kills his 6 grandchildren

BELL, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a man with an extensive criminal record — he spent time in prison a decade ago for the shooting death of his young sonkilled six of his grandchildren, his adult daughter and himself in a rampage Thursday at a home in a small Florida town outside of Gainesville.

Don Spirit, 51, called 911 Thursday afternoon from his home in the town of Bell to say that he might hurt himself or others. By the time a deputy arrived, Spirit had committed suicide, according to Gilchrist County Sheriff Robert Schultz. The bodies of his daughter and her six children were found "all over the property," Schultz said.

Official records showed that both Spirit and his daughter had arrest records.

Jail records show that his daughter, 28-year-old Sarah Lorraine Spirit, had been on probation for a 2013 grand theft arrest.

Don Spirit had a criminal record in Tampa, where he was arrested in 1990 on a felony fugitive warrant. Other arrests include misdemeanor battery, drug charges and depriving a child of food and shelter.

Schultz wouldn't say if a weapon was recovered or what sort was used in the killings. He didn't have a motive but said deputies had been to the home in the past for various reasons.

"There's still a lot of unanswered questions. There's going to be questions that we're never going to get answered," he said.

Schultz also did not say if Spirit's slain daughter was the mother of any of the two boys and four girls, some of whom spent a lot of time at the rural home.

In addition to Sarah Spirit, the victims were: Kaleb Kuhlmann, 11; Kylie Kuhlmann, 9; Johnathon Kuhlmann, 8; Destiny Stewart, 5; Brandon Stewart, 4; and Alanna Stewart, who was born in June.

As darkness fell Thursday, police had cordoned off the length of the dirt road leading to the home near Bell, a town of just 350 people about 30 miles west of Gainesville.

"Keep this community in your prayers," Schultz said. "Tomorrow's going to be a hard day in Gilchrist County."

Schultz said Spirit was the only suspect and that some people were left alive at the home. Schultz also said Spirit had a criminal history. According to the Florida Department of Corrections website, Spirit was released from prison in February 2006 for a gun charge.

According to an online story in 2003 by the Orlando Sentinel, a 40-year-old Don Spirit pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm by a convicted felon in the fatal shooting of his 8-year-old son, Kyle, in a 2001 hunting accident. He was sentenced to three years in prison and was emotional about the shooting at his hearing.

The story said that on a walk through the woods with Kyle and an older son, Spirit pointed out rust on the muzzle of his rifle. The rifle fired, hitting Kyle in the head, according to the Osceola County Sheriff's Office. Spirit was convicted in 1998 for felony possession of marijuana, according to a charging affidavit.

Speaking about Thursday's killings, Schultz said he wouldn't divulge where exactly the victims were found, though he said, "They were certainly all over on the property."

Bell resident Daniel Barry was trying to absorb the loss in the community west of I-75.

"It's tragic, the kids. Even if there were family problems, why involve the kids?" he said outside a convenience store. "It's enough that he took his daughter's life, but his grandkids, too? It's surreal."

Source

Series of misdemeanors , felony's, Depriving a child of food and shelter, and killed his son. - You know what would have happened if we killed him off when he did that last act? A 4, 5, 8, 9, 11 year old, a 3 month old, and his own daughter would all still be alive.

i repeat. 1+1=2
2 < 8
I would live quite comfortable knowing ppl like this were gone and not able to do ***like this again.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-19 09:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Find it interesting that is the song that comes on while im typing all that out.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-19 10:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Guy seems like a career criminal / scumbag.

Battery.
Depriving a child of food/shelter.
Criminal daughter.
Son dies in a hunting accident, oops I accidentally fired the rifle.
At least he was emotional at the sentencing hearing?

And the coup de grace? FELONY MARIJUANA.

It seems like this guy was just a walking 55 gallon drum of acid looking to spill and *** something all his life. Probably had an awful childhood himself. Nothing he did warranted the death penalty though, simply a scumbag award.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 10:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

When they name the children and their ages in the story instead of just putting a number like "6 children", it makes the criminal act much more real.
I had to stop reading when the names of the children and ages were mentioned because I felt like I was going to cry... why is the world so ***...

EDIT: I hope they do the right thing and put him to death.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-19 10:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Son dies in a hunting accident, oops I accidentally fired the rifle.

Thats actually one example i would agree with what jet said about the security guards and following protocol; argument. Ive never rly bought the 'hunting accident' excuse. The only way that happens is something like the ground your standing on gives out and you start falling down the cliff your own or something and accidentally press the trigger... maybe.. maybe then. But if your following proper protocol when hunting, then there are no accidents like that, no civilian casualties.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-19 10:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
When they name the children and their ages in the story instead of just putting a number like "6 children", it makes the criminal act much more real.
I had to stop reading when the names of the children and ages were mentioned because I felt like I was going to cry... why is the world so ***...

EDIT: I hope they do the right thing and put him to death.

He killed himself after killing all of them
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15