Execute Woman - Starving & Abusing 9-year-old

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
In order to stop them we become them!!!!

At least its stopped. Id rather deal with killing the killer and have it stop at 2 deaths rather then let them live and potentially kill again. Making the number far higher then 2.
So who kills the one that kills them?

No one. It circle back to the justification argument earlier in the thread; of which in not going to retype.

In my mind:
She killed and tortured a child in cold blood. - unjustifiable
Executioner killed her to stop the killing. - justifiable

The killing was already stopped when they were arrested, killing them isn't justified, it's pointless and just to fuel a false sense of justice.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 11:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Man up and commit to something. Go full pacifism or deal with the fact that these criminals deserve what they get.

Don't half-*** it.
Who gave you the right to determine who lives and dies though? Should we ever even have that right?

I'm talking to Jet, not you, sorry.

While I disagree with you, at least you're consistent.

Apparently, Jet gets to decide who lives and dies.

People he's afraid of get to die.

But the violent offenders are okay.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-18 11:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
How'd you get through FFXI? Where your character routinely kills bad guys? Put down the controller, murderer.

he was terrible, the mobs all killed him.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 11:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

At least its stopped. Id rather deal with killing the killer and have it stop at 2 deaths rather then let them live and potentially kill again. Making the number far higher then 2.

No one. It circle back to the justification argument earlier in the thread; of which in not going to retype.

In my mind:
Depends on who you talk to. I mean if you're going to write up your own code on what you determine to be justifiable or unjustifiable what's to stop someone else from doing the same?

Besides... you're not stopping any killing you're reacting to a death. Unless... do you have the power to see the future? To be able to kill someone for knowing what they will do next?!?! Cuz she's totally gonna torture and murder more kids from inside prison.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-18 11:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Man up and commit to something. Go full pacifism or deal with the fact that these criminals deserve what they get.

Don't half-*** it.
I'm not a pacifist by any means, and whether or not you think they deserved it, or I think they did is irrelevant to the fact that society gains nothing from murdering them in cold blood, regardless of what they've done.

I think society does gain something by setting an example to discourage people from committing such crimes, and we're not laying for their life in prison.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't half-*** it.
Who gave you the right to determine who lives and dies though? Should we ever even have that right?

Humans have been doing that since they first existed.

It doesn't make it right as a civilized society to execute neutralized threats.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-18 11:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't half-*** it.
I'm not a pacifist by any means, and whether or not you think they deserved it, or I think they did is irrelevant to the fact that society gains nothing from murdering them in cold blood, regardless of what they've done.

Society does gain something. The knowledge that this person cant get out/away and do it again.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't half-*** it.

I am very consistent, if nothing else that is what I am.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-09-18 11:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't half-*** it.

Society does gain something. The knowledge that this person cant get out/away and do it again.

Not to mention they won't be costing taxpayers any longer.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 11:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

In my mind:
Depends on who you talk to. I mean if you're going to write up your own code on what you determine to be justifiable or unjustifiable what's to stop someone else from doing the same?

Besides... you're not stopping any killing you're reacting to a death. Unless... do you have the power to see the future? To be able to kill someone for knowing what they will do next?!?! Cuz she's totally gonna torture and murder more kids from inside prison.
I think I've heard of this movie, but never bothered to watch it.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 11:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Michiiru said: »

Don't half-*** it.

I think society does gain something by setting an example to discourage people from committing such crimes, and we're not laying for their life in prison.

Coincidentally, I admit for me that it's entirely about justice (or vengeance, whatever, they're the same to me).

It's pretty well established that the possibility of harsh punishment is a poor deterrent to crime.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Michiiru said: »

Don't half-*** it.

lolno, the death penalty doesn't function as a deterant, and I'm going to assume you mean paying: again; it costs more to kill them.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 11:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't half-*** it.

Self-aggrandizing and narcissistic is what you are.

But I guess we wouldn't love you any other way.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 11:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't half-*** it.

Wait, we're supposed to love him?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

Don't half-*** it.

To gog: that's borderline HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

@Ath: costs more to kill them.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 11:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Flav are you serious? Do you not see the difference between someone who kills violently and someone who is tasked with disposing such a heinous offender from society? Are you in the 'all soldiers are violent murderers' crowd?

How'd you get through FFXI? Where your character routinely kills bad guys? Put down the controller, murderer. Shoulda slapped the cuffs on the Shadow Lord.
Are you serious? How can you compare a war to someone who's already behind bars?

Oh we got them guys but now lets spend another 15 - 20 years to make sure that they are good and dead too!.

You're starting to sound like a news headline blaming video games for violence lol... For those of us that can differentiate fantasy from reality thigns look a bit different.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 11:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

Don't half-*** it.

Wait, we're supposed to love him?

There are a few ways you can read between those lines. You take the way you want.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-09-18 11:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

Don't half-*** it.

To gog: that's borderline HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

@Ath: costs more to kill them.

Perhaps, but at least it's a final bill rather than an on-going cost.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-18 11:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Stalin knew how to execute fools on the cheap. we need to get on his level.
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-09-18 11:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Eeyeah, no. By the time the executioner acted, she had already killed once. That "didn't stop her killing anyone" by a long shot there, Tex. All it did do, however, was cost the state of Texas more taxpayers' dollars than keeping her alive would've cost the state in the span of 10 years. Also, keeping her alive for another 10 years would've left her open to more beatings from other inmates, would've given the chain gang another set of idle hands to put to work, etc.

Can someone explain to me the logic on that ? How keeping an life sentence inmate is cheaper than capital penalty ?

Who is putting that money on their pockets ? The inmate certainly is not. :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 11:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
You'll gun someone down looking for help on a porch in the middle of the night because you're a coward afraid of what they "might" do, but call us bloodthirsty for wanting to see a *** terrible human being executed for heinous crimes.

What the actual ***.
I'd gun somebody down who I think for all intents and purpose is trying to break in, high and trying to do me harm, you're damn straight I will.

You are bloodthirsty as that's what keeps being posted here.

How do you consolidate those two positions?
You kill a thief or intruder but spare the murderer?

You assume that the intruder is a thief, but most likely they're there to do harm to you, most thieves don't break into a known occupied home, home invasions are dangerous and often result in losing life or limb. Self defence is absolute, and about the only time I can think for actually killing somebody on purpose and being fine with it, but I'm sure if we dig, I can find a few other rare instances.

But there's no justice in executions, nothing is being protected, nothing is saved.
Well you can't say for certain that the intruder is coming to harm you, but you can say for certain that a murderer killed. So

I can only conclude that you support killing as a preventive measure. Thus you should agree with the death penalty when necessary seeing as it not only a preventive measure but also a deterrent.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I'm not either of those things...

I'll contest to being a *** though.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 11:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
How'd you get through FFXI? Where your character routinely kills bad guys? Put down the controller, murderer.

he was terrible, the mobs all killed him.
That's why I had my own personal raiser right behind me at all times!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Eeyeah, no. By the time the executioner acted, she had already killed once. That "didn't stop her killing anyone" by a long shot there, Tex. All it did do, however, was cost the state of Texas more taxpayers' dollars than keeping her alive would've cost the state in the span of 10 years. Also, keeping her alive for another 10 years would've left her open to more beatings from other inmates, would've given the chain gang another set of idle hands to put to work, etc.

Can someone explain to me the logic on that ? How keeping an life sentence inmate is cheaper than capital penalty ?

Who is putting that money on their pockets ? The inmate certainly is not. :P

mostly the sentencing process and appeals, plus the cost of the procedure.

due process, etc.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-18 11:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

In my mind:

Most ludicrous retort yet.

Quote:
Eeyeah, no. By the time the executioner acted, she had already killed once. That "didn't stop her killing anyone" by a long shot
Didn't say it stopped her form killing. Ive said, repeatedly, that it stops her from doing it AGAIN. Big difference.

Quote:
All it did do, however, was cost the state of Texas more taxpayers' dollars than keeping her alive would've cost the state in the span of 10 years.
I think you need to go back to 1st grade math. Dead ppl dont cost money aside from disguarding the body (if you use the right forms of execution). Keeping ppl alive costs ALOT.

Quote:
Also, keeping her alive for another 10 years would've left her open to more beatings from other inmates, would've given the chain gang another set of idle hands to put to work, etc.
Also leaves her alive to kill other inmate, kill other guards, maybe escape and kill what ever innocent pp she encounters... great plan
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 11:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I'm not either of those things...

I'll contest to being a *** though.

Look at the definitions again. You at least broadly fit into the definition of both.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Self-aggrandizing, narcissistic, advocating the coldblooded execution of car accident victims while they seek medical help...

As I've stated numerous times, I don't advocate for murder, but I do for self defense, obviously you and some others can't comprehend the difference.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 11:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

In my mind:

I think I've heard of this movie, but never bothered to watch it.
I already referenced Minority Report!
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15