Execute Woman - Starving & Abusing 9-year-old

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-18 12:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Grumpy Cat said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
So was this mad dog put down like she most definitely deserved for needlessly torturing and starving a child to death?

Her execution will give me much needed sustenance.
Yeah she is super dead.
Good job society: you murdered somebody, guilty or not, you murdered somebody.
Jet, I have to ask you this:

If a random guy walks up to you and your daughter and shoots your daughter in cold blood just because he doesn't like you, wouldn't you want the death penalty for that guy?
No, killing him wouldn't bring her back.

But nice trying to make an emotional argument.

Edit: but honestly, if I didn't die too, I'd probably be in prison for killing him in cold blood out of revenge.

I never said I was a saint.
Killing him wouldn't bring her back, that is true.

But don't you think that society showing themselves that killing a person would give you this type of punishment would be a major deterrent of somebody else doing the same thing?

If a person who takes your wallet gets nothing more than a slap on the wrist for stealing your wallet, what's keeping the same person from stealing the next guy's wallet?

There are people out there who would kill and/or harm people without any consideration of their future or the people they are killing/harming. That fact will not change regardless of the punishment system in place. But what punishments and penalties society places on people for their actions do have some deterrents to what they do in their lives.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-18 12:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Phoenix.Michiiru said: »
It's not about what they're better off, or revenge, or still an emotional argument, and yes Michi your ethics are *** up.

There is no justice in murder.

So it's ok to just let them get off with a just punishment when they tortured someone? I think they should get that back at them.

I suggest you stop posting replies to me because I'm tempted to shove a proverbial boot up someone's ***. Harming children in any way shape or form fires me up to no end. To starve one to death? Don't even bother trying to reason with me.
I'm a full believer in the "eye for an eye" punishment system.

If you stole something from somebody else, then you should have all of your belongings taken from you to compensate the people you stole from (first) and the judicial system (second) you just taken for granted.

If you wrecked your car in somebody's house because you drive while drinking should not only lose their license (for a period of time) but also lose the ability to buy beer.

If you take somebody else's life intentionally and purposefully (aka murder) then your life should be taken. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.... That's the whole point in capital punishment....
for your first point about theft, I think only that which equals the value of the stolen goods should be forked over, plus whatever the total of the court cost and legal fees are, or return/replace said item out of pocket.
I rather then lose everything (their house, their cars, their stuff) and have to go through the agony (for most people) of getting it all back than to sell only a few items to pay for the things they stole.

This would affect anyone/everyone in this, and creates a strong disincentive in the action in the first place.
What makes you think theives have any of this?
Because not all thieves in the world lurk in shadows and jump from building to building stealing from people's houses for fun/profit.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 12:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Nice lie.
It's not a lie, but go on keep pretending it is so you don't have to realize how *** up you are.

It's a lie or you're a terrible father.

You can say that you'd fight that impulse. You can say that you'd like to think you'd be able to let it go.

But if your instinct isn't to immediately exact retribution, they you are a terrible, terrible parent.

Like I said in my edit, I'd either be dead too, or in prison for murdering the son of a ***. But that's on me, and like I said: I'm not a saint.

But for those that are: it doesn't make them terrible parents but very good people.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 12:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice lie.
It's not a lie, but go on keep pretending it is so you don't have to realize how *** up you are.

If I'm *** up then that's what I am.

But I'll say it again. While I can see reason behind not exercising the death penalty, and while on some level I can see the psychological benefit to victims' families in forgiveness to some extent, the concept of letting people off for terrible, terrible crimes just...burns. It really does. The idea that you can not just kill someone, but violate, torture, and just put someone through unspeakable wrongs, and get away with it?

The idea makes me nearly as ill as the acts themselves.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-18 12:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

At least you took the time to debunk all of your own ideas for us before we had a chance King!
I didn't say it's the optimal setting overall, except deterrent behavior.

I'm a strong believer in penalties and punishments can and have stopped people from doing the wrong things in life.

I wish I had the perfect solution, because if I did, you damn know I would be showing it to the world a long time ago.
It's not even good as an idea for a deterrant.

They don't really. Maybe the average every day citizen might think twice about stealing a candy bar because it will cost them $20,000 if they get caught... but its not going to stop people just like the death penalty doesn't.

Yeah yeah... hero of justice King...
It will not stop everyone but it will stop almost everyone.

Let me ask you this: If the maximum punishment for stealing that candy bar is a mark on your police record which doesn't do anything against you, would you still not take that candy bar? Do you think that the person behind you or in front of you would have the same answer as you? Do you think your friends wouldn't steal from anyone if that punishment system was in place?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 12:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

But don't you think that society showing themselves that killing a person would give you this type of punishment would be a major deterrent of somebody else doing the same thing?
Not at all.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 12:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So was this mad dog put down like she most definitely deserved for needlessly torturing and starving a child to death?

Yeah she is super dead.

If a random guy walks up to you and your daughter and shoots your daughter in cold blood just because he doesn't like you, wouldn't you want the death penalty for that guy?

Of course he would; he's admitted as much.

But he's so enlightened and above us that he'd just "let it go".

Cold blooded murder never bothered me anyway.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 12:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah she is super dead.

You don't have to let it go and I can tell you that killing the person that killed someone close to you doesn't allow you to let it go and doesn't help either.

Are you speaking from experience? Either your own or as a psychological professional?

I hope to never be in the situation, so I guess I hope to never be able to tell you you're wrong or not. But I think there's more to it than personal catharsis, too.
What do you think is going to happen? This guy dies 15 years later for killing your loved one and you're all of a sudden going to feel better about the whole thing?

Put them behind bars and let them live out the rest of their pathetic lives there knowing they will never see the light of day again. I will say it is a bit harder dealing with the idea that they might be released at some point.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-18 12:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Not at all.
Why?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 12:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice lie.

If I'm *** up then that's what I am.

But I'll say it again. While I can see reason behind not exercising the death penalty, and while on some level I can see the psychological benefit to victims' families in forgiveness to some extent, the concept of letting people off for terrible, terrible crimes just...burns. It really does. The idea that you can not just kill someone, but violate, torture, and just put someone through unspeakable wrongs, and get away with it?

The idea makes me nearly as ill as the acts themselves.
I never said to let them get away with it, let them rot in prison, depending on the case: a much worse punishment.

But we as a society have a responsibility to be just and fair, and to prosecute people with due process. There's no justice in murdering a prisoner in cold blood, just because one wants some vengeance.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 13:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not at all.
Why?
because it's not a deterrent, I thought we covered this pages ago?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 13:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

At least you took the time to debunk all of your own ideas for us before we had a chance King!
I didn't say it's the optimal setting overall, except deterrent behavior.

I'm a strong believer in penalties and punishments can and have stopped people from doing the wrong things in life.

I wish I had the perfect solution, because if I did, you damn know I would be showing it to the world a long time ago.
It's not even good as an idea for a deterrant.

They don't really. Maybe the average every day citizen might think twice about stealing a candy bar because it will cost them $20,000 if they get caught... but its not going to stop people just like the death penalty doesn't.

Yeah yeah... hero of justice King...
It will not stop everyone but it will stop almost everyone.

Let me ask you this: If the maximum punishment for stealing that candy bar is a mark on your police record which doesn't do anything against you, would you still not take that candy bar? Do you think that the person behind you or in front of you would have the same answer as you? Do you think your friends wouldn't steal from anyone if that punishment system was in place?
The only people that it might stop are the people that wouldn't do it already. Just like the death penalty isn't a true deterrant. It would inherently screw people over kinda like those lawas that officers already abuse where they stop people for minor traffic violations then rob them blind.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 13:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah she is super dead.

That statement makes zero sense. You can be against the death penalty and something can still bother you. You're not automatically more just because you want to add to the body count.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-18 13:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just drop the deterrent ***. It's a useless argument. And the whole 'what if your kid was murdered' is a cheap appeal to emotion. 10 points from Gryffindor.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 13:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah she is super dead.

That statement makes zero sense. You can be against the death penalty and something can still bother you. You're not automatically more just because you want to add to the body count.

He was just making a "Frozen" reference, I'm pretty sure.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-18 13:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you think is going to happen? This guy dies 15 years later for killing your loved one and you're all of a sudden going to feel better about the whole thing?
Not fully better, but seeing that justice has been served has helped family with closure with the issue.

Yeah, you still will feel the loss of the person you loss, but you know what most families who have felt this loss say often? "I hope that this event never happens to anyone ever again"

Which is always does...

Put them behind bars and let them live out the rest of their pathetic lives there knowing they will never see the light of day again. I will say it is a bit harder dealing with the idea that they might be released at some point.

Except not every prisoner ever stays in prison for the term of their sentence. Some decides that they had enough of this ***and leaves the prison.

Guess you never heard of prison breaks before, or only believe that happens in movies.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-18 13:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not at all.
Why?
I didn't finish backreading.

Why not bring it back to our attention?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-18 13:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Just drop the deterrent ***. It's a useless argument. And the whole 'what if your kid was murdered' is a cheap appeal to emotion. 10 points from Gryffindor.
Life is not fiction, but I guess that's beyond your limited viewpoints.

Tell us though, which book are you living in today?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 13:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Not at all.
Why?
I didn't finish backreading.

Why not bring it back to our attention?
because it's a tired and silly argument, and we're past page 9 already.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 13:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah we know he's not from Gryfindor, come on Pleebs.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 13:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Life is not fiction, but I guess that's beyond your limited viewpoints.

Tell us though, which book are you living in today?

Living in books would be fun. ._.;
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-18 13:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't care what everyone says, I'm against death sentence.

And Ravenclaw is best house.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-18 13:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The only people that it might stop are the people that wouldn't do it already. Just like the death penalty isn't a true deterrant. It would inherently screw people over kinda like those lawas that officers already abuse where they stop people for minor traffic violations then rob them blind.
It's because that society's viewpoints have already ingrained us that XXX will get you YYY punishment that neither of you do not see it.

Why not expand your minds a little and see beyond the box that is your life.

I know that you both are very limited in your viewpoints because neither of you can comprehend beyond your own scope, but don't say in absolution that this needs to be like how either of you two think....
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 13:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Prison breaks as an excuse to execute people now? Not only mentioning that prison break attempts are rare and rarer even that people get out and almost unheard of that they're not immediately caught again what stops a person from attempting a breakout within the average 15 years that they are on death row? I mean if they can't do it by then they're probably not going to do it.

Keep grasping at straws though.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 13:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because that society's viewpoints have already ingrained us that XXX will get you YYY punishment that neither of you do not see it.

Why not expand your minds a little and see beyond the box that is your life.

I know that you both are very limited in your viewpoints because neither of you can comprehend beyond your own scope, but don't say in absolution that this needs to be like how either of you two think....
What is this, Jet logic? You have no argument so you just tell us "how it is" and then attempt to insult our intelligence?

/sigh
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 13:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

And Ravenclaw is best house.
Lies!

@KN: Interestingly enough it turns out that a lot of the punishments for crimes turned out to be less severe than I always thought, but personally I like my freedom, and any amount of jail/prison time is too much, honestly the death penalty would be an easy way out.

But it still doesn't change that we've covered it already, and has no tangible proof as a deterrent.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 13:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah she is super dead.

It's a Frozen reference for shame.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-09-18 13:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm the last of the corporations' worry.

I was mentioning that there's corporations out there more than willing to drown you on legal troubles over petty copyright issues, just to make a good example of and scare others willing to violate their rights.

SONY did that when the PS3 got emptied online and all of it's beans spilled on for the world to see. All that SONY did was sue, sue and sue.

It sued a German guy to oblivion. I think the poor guy got close to living under a bridge as a reward for reverse engineering the PS3 OS kernel and security libraries.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 13:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Paul Kersey taught me about how to deal with criminals. It's time to take out the trash and take back our streets.

"Do you believe in Jesus?"
"Uh....yes."
"You're gonna meet him."
*pow*
*pow*
*pow*
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15