Execute Woman - Starving & Abusing 9-year-old

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Thanks Zah: now we found out that she wasn't even qualified for the death penalty according to the law, but some other sick people (this time judges) refused to follow the law.

Way to go
justice

How was she not qualified for the death penalty? Especially in Texas?

Edit: Nevermind, I see your quibble.

He didn't read.

Quote:
In Texas, there has to be an underlying felony or second crime committed for a defendant to be charged with capital murder. Before 2011, those underlying crimes were murder, kidnapping, burglary, robbery, obstruction or terroristic threat. But in 2011, lawmakers added the killing of a child under the age of 10 to those underlying crimes.

Just flappin' his gums rat-tat-tatting across the keyboard.

I did read, she was convicted before that law changed, she would have to be retried for that law to apply.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 11:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Why is it necessary?

See my previous point for a quick background on why I think it is. To address your question specifically; because said individuals who cannot be deterred by threat of death are an absolute menace to everyone around them.

If you believe prison time is appropriate, then one could argue you are willingly putting the guards and other prison inmates at risk of being murdered by having such people alive and well, anywhere on the face of this earth.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I don't disagree that there are innocent people behind bars or on death row. But that is a flaw in the judicial system.

And Death penalty is most definitely a preventative measure, as is jail time, the lack of which would lead to anarchy and chaos. Death sentences being available are just more potent a deterrent than prison sentences.

Pretty sure that it's been proven that it's not a deterrent to violent crime, but I don't feel like backing that up, so I'll just disagree.

Well, if that is true, it begs the question: If the threat of death isn't enough of a deterrence to stop people from killing others, shouldn't said people be eliminated? Aren't they even a greater threat to society?

No, as you're talking about the entire population at that point.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 11:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't disagree that there are innocent people behind bars or on death row. But that is a flaw in the judicial system.

And Death penalty is most definitely a preventative measure, as is jail time, the lack of which would lead to anarchy and chaos. Death sentences being available are just more potent a deterrent than prison sentences.

Pretty sure that it's been proven that it's not a deterrent to violent crime, but I don't feel like backing that up, so I'll just disagree.

Well, if that is true, it begs the question: If the threat of death isn't enough of a deterrence to stop people from killing others, shouldn't said people be eliminated? Aren't they even a greater threat to society?

No, as you're talking about the entire population at that point.
I don't know if I misunderstood "entire society" but are you implying all of society have murderous tenancies?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it necessary?

See my previous point for a quick background on why I think it is. To address your question specifically; because said individuals who cannot be deterred by threat of death are an absolute menace to everyone around them.

If you believe prison time is appropriate, then one could argue you are willingly putting the guards and other prison inmates at risk of being murdered by having such people alive and well, anywhere on the face of this earth.
One could argue that rather stupidly.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 11:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

To The anti-death penalty people: No one is saying you should like it or enjoy it. That doesn't mean it should not be used when necessary because you can't stomach it.
It's never necassary.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 11:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not calling the death penalty a deterrent either, you ain't gonna stop people from killing if they want to kill. What I will say is these people are a waste of resources who have broken their contract with society and face no ability to return to society ever again.

I'm all for helping non-violent offenders return to society and get the resources they need to fix themselves and become productive members of society but a murderer? rapist? torturer? Nope, you can go get Nuremberg'd.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-18 11:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Here's my problem Jet.

Why not use non-lethal force on those thieves and home invaders then? If the goal is self-defense. Why should we have the ability to dispense summary justice but the legal system with the consent of the people can't?

Why the need for guns if 'murdering' is such a hangup?

Self defense isn't murder, and lethal force against the potential threat is more likely to keep you and your family alive.
Just like executions and police kills, when you kill someone under self defense it is designated a homicide on the death certificate.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 11:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it necessary?

One could argue that rather stupidly.

On the contrary - if someone is put on death row or a life sentence, what have they got to loose?
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-18 11:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so after checking those links. For MD just the case where the Death Penalty is an option costs 3 mil.

Quote:
The greatest costs associated with the death penalty occur prior to and during trial, not in post-conviction proceedings.
So the huge cost everyone is getting is due to extra crap done during the trial. Meaning if you don't pick the death penalty on a case where it is an option you just wasted 2 million tax dollars(in the state of MD)!

Therefor people who vote not guilty at death penalty cases are ***!
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if I misunderstood "entire society" but are you implying all of society have murderous tenancies?
Everyone is capable of murder, nowhere did I say that "the death sentence is not a deterrent for these individuals here" I was talking about it not being a deterrent for society as a whole.

Most people don't needlessly kill because they find it wrong to do, others will kill for crimes of passion (revenge, etc), others will do it for gain, out of the two instances it's either they don't care about the penalties of getting caught or they they think they won't get caught. It usually takes a lot to drive somebody to take the life of another unwarranted.

Then there's cases such as these where the individuals are just *** in the head, as we don't have a psych profile to go on, we can't say for sure what they were thinking, looks like control issues, some remorse. Considering how long it was going on though: it was probably safe to assume that they didn't care about the potential penalties, as they had plenty of opportunity to stop, and no real gain.
By Demoncard 2014-09-18 11:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
How about the post before it that actually stated I erred on that part
I've consistently quoted your first post for quite some time. I don't know what other post you're referring to, or why being wrong on the internet is causing you so much distress.

Take a pill of your choosing to help you relax, but be sure it isn't a cyanide pill.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-09-18 11:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever happened to the good old fashioned "eye for an eye" days?

She should have been beaten with a golf club, starved until she was at half the weight of a healthy person her age, bound with extension cords and then right before she died funnel a couple gallons of chicken soup down her throat.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I'm not calling the death penalty a deterrent either, you ain't gonna stop people from killing if they want to kill. What I will say is these people are a waste of resources who have broken their contract with society and face no ability to return to society ever again.

I'm all for helping non-violent offenders return to society and get the resources they need to fix themselves and become productive members of society but a murderer? rapist? torturer? Nope, you can go get Nuremberg'd.
Prison is for people who don't belong in society, I don't agree with putting people who are supposed to be rehabilitated in with those who are there for life.

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Just like executions and police kills, when you kill someone under self defense it is designated a homicide on the death certificate.

I dropped that line earlier as I couldn't find any source for it, so do you have one, in this case let's go for texas?

On the contrary - if someone is put on death row or a life sentence, what have they got to loose?

A lot, depends on the person. But as stated earlier: violence can come from any inmate, but we could talk about the poor structure of the prisons all month.

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Ok so after checking those links. For MD just the case where the Death Penalty is an option costs 3 mil.

Quote:
The greatest costs associated with the death penalty occur prior to and during trial, not in post-conviction proceedings.
So the huge cost everyone is getting is due to extra crap done during the trial. Meaning if you don't pick the death penalty on a case where it is an option you just wasted 2 million tax dollars(in the state of MD)!

Therefor people who vote not guilty at death penalty cases are ***!
or more like because they don't find that the evidence is sufficient for it, or they don't feel justified in taking a life for no reason.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »

She should have been beaten with a golf club, starved until she was at half the weight of a healthy person her age, bound with extension cords and then right before she died funnel a couple gallons of chicken soup down her throat.
There was nothing good about those old days.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 11:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously not to you; you'd be lacking hands.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-18 11:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss the good ol' days. This generation seems to be all about feeling and politrickal correctness.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you implying that I steal?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 11:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Some definitions, yo:

Homocide: The killing of human being by another human being

Murder: The unlawuful killing of a human being by another human being without justification or excuse

Quote:
Although the term homicide is sometimes used synonymously with murder, homicide is broader in scope than murder. Murder is a form of criminal homicide; other forms of homicide might not constitute criminal acts. These homicides are regarded as justified or excusable. For example, individuals may, in a necessary act of Self-Defense, kill a person who threatens them with death or serious injury, or they may be commanded or authorized by law to kill a person who is a member of an enemy force or who has committed a serious crime. Typically, the circumstances surrounding a killing determine whether it is criminal. The intent of the killer usually determines whether a criminal homicide is classified as murder or Manslaughter and at what degree.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 11:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I am.

I know you don't see it as such, because you have made an excuse for yourself, because the term "intellectual property" means *** to you.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-18 11:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Im stating it out right. You steal.

Your a 99 thf'
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I am.

I know you don't see it as such, because you have made an excuse for yourself, because the term "intellectual property" means *** to you.
Yeah: it's still not theft, even if I gave a ***about IP (which to an extent I do).

Theft means I deprived somebody of something, I do nothing of the sort.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

Im stating it out right. You steal.

You're a 99 thf'
ftfy, a bad one at that, although I did just make the rse dagger.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 11:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am.

Yeah: it's still not theft, even if I gave a ***about IP (which to an extent I do).

Theft means I deprived somebody of something, I do nothing of the sort.

Mmmhmm.

Whatever you say.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 12:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmmhmm.

Whatever you say.
Sarcasm aside, you're catching on.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 12:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I really never thought I'd see the day where Ramy is trying to dole out biblical type justice!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 12:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmmhmm.

Whatever you say.
Sarcasm aside, you're catching on.

What's the point in arguing with you?

You've got an excuse for everything.

Edit: Also, "Sarcasm aside"? It was 100% sarcasm.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 12:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you benefit from the intellectual property of another person, group, business, corporation, or other legal entity, without their express permission, or knowledge, that falls under the definition of theft, as you are depriving them of their business and livelihood.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 12:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I really never thought I'd see the day where Ramy is trying to dole out biblical type justice!

It's not biblical.

if I believed in God, I'd probably be a lot more against the Death Penalty.

Because, you know. Jesus said not to do that.

However, given I can't count on Beard Man in the Sky to actually condemn these sick *** to an eternity of fire and pain... (and hey, if they're sorry (and believe deeply in HIM), he'll even let them off the hook anyhow...)

So as it is, just put them down clean, throw them in an unmarked grave, and move on.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 12:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
If you benefit from the intellectual property of another person, group, business, corporation, or other legal entity, without their express permission, or knowledge, that falls under the definition of theft, as you are depriving them of their business and livelihood.

But they're just corporations that don't need that money.

They're ripping him off trying to charge him.

He's got a right to whatever he wants.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15