SE Making Crafted Items Wear Down?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » SE making crafted items wear down?
SE making crafted items wear down?
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2017-05-24 02:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafting
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-05-24 04:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy system. Use synergy to repair armor. Anyone can help, and the owner is the only one who can trade items.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-05-24 06:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

eh if they are not bothered enough to fix the fact that asshats can equip 16 torques and t3 any synth in the game i doubt they're gonna do *** all with anything else
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-24 06:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to increase the NPC cost of gear. They're draining gil with the new Su3 gear using the guild mats, so make the NQ sell for 2mil or something. Not great, but it at least gives a bottom value for NQ's.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-05-24 06:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What kinda necrobump.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 08:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Stryyker said: »
In my opinion, the problem with this game is that EVERYTHING is centered around money. I play WoW and FFXI and the comparison in economy is far off. NPC values are drastically better and drops aren't easy but they are abundant. Crafts are still very important but the flooding of certain items isn't as bad as FFxi. My point is crafting should be fun and not "Omg how can i *** someone else over to get richer than everyone else??" It's like coming from real life to game economy and you ask yourself why do we have to come out of a crappy economy just to go into another one because of capitalism? If anythign is taken from my post, this game relys too much on the AH and too much on the gil. And i agree with Trollox, the developers could give a damn about this game. From one of Jaerik's post he even included code on how certain things could work properly and why certain things aren't even in the game and why? (i.e. why does the auction house only have 7 slots, why are drop rates horrible, why are NM 24-72 hrs when the opening msg says"we don;t want you to miss out on family...etc.) It's just little things liek this that make you really think about the development team and wonder why and what you are paying for every month. If you do your own homework you can see where i'm going with this.
Not every crafter tries to *** people over especially when most crafts (other then cooking) are 90 percent loss. Hence why HQ prices go up. Example today on my server one hexed jacket costs 200k. To make that to try and get -1 sealord leather 800k, gold thread 10k, velvet cloth x2 20k total, staghorn coral 500k,befouled silver 800k,Penelope cloth 700k,Malobo fiber 20k, already more then the Hexed jacket. Synth it you get a NQ. Great try and sell for 200k or *** it try the higher level synth. Hexed jacket you made plus warblade skin 10k, macula horn 2 mil, eschite ore 500k(use to be 800k plus). You synth that NQ again which is vexed jacket which sells for 20k. That means the final NQ product sells for the price of 2 velvet cloth. All that loss is why some HQ prices are up there because you have no idea if that 300mil makes them even or gives em a little gil booost. As for the money issue eh it's a game plenty to get without a bunch of gil or you're just special and don't research. This is the land of the wolves that also like to point out mathematical facts and the bs with crafting. Stop acting like you know what you're talking about not every crafter wants to *** people over it's called they are tired of 90 percent loss for the final product. Or the logical thing go level the craft yourself SE had made leveling easier and much cheaper then before.
 Asura.Alkk
user: Alkai
By Asura.Alkk 2017-05-24 10:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The prices look like that because cheaters crashed the market, I'm not sure it will ever recover considering the games age and SE's lack of action.

It was fine before the cheat was discovered, imo.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 10:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alkk said: »
The prices look like that because cheaters crashed the market, I'm not sure it will ever recover considering the games age and SE's lack of action.

It was fine before the cheat was discovered, imo.
Incorrect yet again when SE started putting hexed gear in login campaign which they did body twice THAT flooded the market with NQs because everyone and their mother stocked up on the hexed. Which then crafters tried or spammed the higher level crafting. There's not 91 hexed jackets because of "cheaters" 80 percent of them are from login. Here's your foil hat.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 10:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Stryyker said: »
Quote:
Youre an idiot if you think crafting is glamorous and leads to wealth in every case, i can tell you many times ive lost my *** off to the point of completely broke before an HQ finally popped and i could scrape a few mils back up.
Geez...no need to be nasty about it. I wasn't even talking about half the stuff you were saying anyway. And why is crafting not glamorous? Is it not nice to make someone happy if they shout for help on a synth or help an ls member craft somethign they need for dynamis for example? Has it not lead many to be rich? (the JP population, for example, when NA and EU were leveling? They exploited the market completely and had the prices inflated etc. The gilsellers DO NOT and DID NOT control the market; players do. They only follow suite. AND if you do not know this; THEN YOU'RE AN IDIOT.) All I'm saying is that crafters are the life blood of the game and WE make items, and consumables for the players to use. Sometimes, players can ONLY get certain items from crafting. I am also a heavy crafter and also know too well that it's disappointing to level synths to a high level and all that hardwork is for nothing because all of the items sell for little to nothing. Too many of the WRONG people control the market and drive the prices down to non-sensical amounts (like you stated where the mats cost 2x to 3 x the HQ.) If you read what I was saying, you would understand that crafters are gettign shafted and everythign in the game is revolving around money. EVERYTHING. I would think that the developers would understand that people see that they were lazy in doing a lot of things especially a player controlled economy and shitty npc sell back as well as other things. Even knowing the economy is this bad in you would think the developers would at least give crafters a chance to make more money back instead of having to rely on the AH alone (NPC sellback.)The NPC sellback is horrible. I think it's like 1/6 or 1/8 of the npc selling price. Maybe give higher level crafters higher returns when selling to NPC's?) Bazaars don't necessarily always work either. I mean the "average player" would assume to only look in bazaars outside in Batalia downs for sky trigs, dynamis coins and etc.)So you can't even rely on that area for good, continuous money. But my thoughts were jumbled up when i wrote my first post so let me put it this way:
The whole system of money and economy in this game needs to be revamped. The economy is controlled by the wrong people (and many people follow because they don't have a choice.) In turn, this damages the effort we as crafters worked for and poured our money into for simple reasons like HQ rates being diminished and items are way more than the HQ item itself. For example, Adaman hauberk on my server I've seen in bazaar's for 100k and the hauberk itself is 169k. But what's worse is the haubergeon, used to make hauberk, is only 210k? Yeah, I can agree that the math is completely off. So in closing, be careful and read the whole post next time, if you can please, before making a semi-nasty post and get the full facts of what I was saying next time. Thanks
Alexander.Barryrock said: »
I am woundering why do we all blame SE for this problem.We i mean the one's who have played this game. Took a good thing and destroyed it.I am talking about. In the past when people bought gil and lvl a craft wit it.Se desighn the game if played rite.There was no way a person could have 1 or maybe even 3 craft 103+ and a lvl 75 job to. I know this because i lvl my craft from 1-100 the rite way took me a yr plus and only had main job of 50 because the time it took to get it to 100.Then befor I knew it 100 every where. Friends I play the game wit no names. They went from 0 craft to 90 in a month or less.So we should blame no one but are self the one who cheated to get ahead.Se did what they could wit the money problem there is nothing they can do about the people who should not be 100 plus.Just the way it is and we have to deal wit it. But dont blame the people who made the game.Now we are all crying for them to fix the problem that we caused.When i say we u know what i mean more than 80 percent of people wit high lvl crafting should not even have it.
By reading this I assume you're 15 years old so I'll be nice. "People with high level crafting should not have it." Who deicide as this? Russia? North Korea? Raise Stalin from the dead? Hilariously pathetic.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-05-24 10:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you aware you are replying to 9 years old posts?
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 10:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
eh if they are not bothered enough to fix the fact that asshats can equip 16 torques and t3 any synth in the game i doubt they're gonna do *** all with anything else
Still trying to figure out this nonexistent exploit plus SE stated it's not possible even now. The most popular crafters on Odin is me,professor,meowmeow and slide all craft outside in adoulin. So weird I don't know Ieno though he keeps lowering prices on everything and HQing a lot.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 10:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
Yes! I want the dead to rise again!
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 10:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Raise the dead! Raise the dead! I am bored at work no one is doing no no's in their computers at work :(. Maybe I'll check Manchester!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-24 11:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

... You don't get the show!
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 11:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Raise the dead! Raise the dead!
By veb2277 2017-05-24 12:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI, you guys are missing the real problem. It's the army of bsts on Siren server Yahse hunting grounds. They have multiple characters on each account (18 accounts in total) that they bot for sparks -> archeron shields and not sure what they do with the merits, but basically that's 18M per round of 99k sparks being injected into the economy. That's the reason these people can make the price of HQs so low, it's just a money laundering scheme in game basically. Also, there are no 16 torque hacks, that was just a ruse by left wing players that try to distract you from what's going on, my guess is that people who post stuff like that are the ones botting an alliance of beastmasters.
By OmniKroe 2017-05-24 12:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Should stop bumping this till SE sees and gets ideas on how to ruin their game.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 12:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

OmniKroe said: »
Should stop bumping this till SE sees and gets ideas on how to ruin their game.
Lol
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 12:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

veb2277 said: »
FYI, you guys are missing the real problem. It's the army of bsts on Siren server Yahse hunting grounds. They have multiple characters on each account (18 accounts in total) that they bot for sparks -> archeron shields and not sure what they do with the merits, but basically that's 18M per round of 99k sparks being injected into the economy. That's the reason these people can make the price of HQs so low, it's just a money laundering scheme in game basically. Also, there are no 16 torque hacks, that was just a ruse by left wing players that try to distract you from what's going on, my guess is that people who post stuff like that are the ones botting an alliance of beastmasters.
Americans and their left only or right only mentality when they are both controlled by the same lollol
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2017-05-24 12:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO just was looking at old seraph character and was seeing if it was a necro bump.
By OmniKroe 2017-05-24 12:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Stay woke.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 12:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bigheadkitty said: »
LMAO just was looking at old seraph character and was seeing if it was a necro bump.
Raise the dead! Raise the dead!
By veb2277 2017-05-24 12:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

veb2277 said:

Odin.Drakenv
Americans and their left only or right only mentality when they are both controlled by the same lollol

Actually, I don't care for either and I know they are both corrupt and the same party, not trying to make it a political thread. Just saying comeatmebro has an alliance which he bots with and spams sustainability crap plus magical 16 torque crafting mule stories. You can report all you want but SE is lowmanned, probably won't do much good.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 12:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

veb2277 said:

Odin.Drakenv

Actually, I don't care for either and I know they are both corrupt and the same party, not trying to make it a political thread. Just saying comeatmebro has an alliance which he bots with and spams sustainability crap plus magical 16 torque crafting mule stories. You can report all you want but SE is lowmanned, probably won't do much good.
Facts. At the same time if it was a huge issue or the economy was obviously affected by that they would do something. But the last GM I talked recently he informed they fixed it two updates ago and get this "we noticed a small amount of players doing this exploit so they changed some of the data for this." I asked him how did you guys hear about this issue it's on the net. Response "like I said a very small amount of people were found doing this." Then I was like alrighty then.
By veb2277 2017-05-24 12:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They fix the code and break it. Then all that has to be done is for the code to be fixed. It's a continuous thing and won't ever be fully fixed. That's my interpretation of it at least.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 12:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I see interesting. Eh it's more fun to HQ in public the emo tells please me.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-05-24 13:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

HQ craft market saturation can happen and indeed has happened in the past, but it takes years to hit that point and SE has been introducing competitive armor in the meantime. If HQ Abjuration gear is getting cheaper it's hard to say whether that's because of saturation or because accessible sets like AF+3 and Ambuscade +2 are gaining on it.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-05-24 15:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Still trying to figure out this nonexistent exploit plus SE stated it's not possible even now. The most popular crafters on Odin is me,professor,meowmeow and slide all craft outside in adoulin. So weird I don't know Ieno though he keeps lowering prices on everything and HQing a lot.

i can do the exploit myself but like playing old school games with a gameshark i'd feel like a dirty little skank and would ruin the game for myself no fun if no chance at heartbreak for me at the very least
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-05-24 15:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny... I've never run into a problem with selling items because I don't craft crap that gets replaced every update. If you haven't noticed, SE releases new crafts almost every update, especially every other, and there is more gil to be made. If you aren't making any gil off your crafts, choose another craft, or just quit crafting period. You don't become 'RICH' just becoming a crafter, you usually barely make enough to keep going unless you get lucky and end up with more HQ than you expected. The only majorly profitable synthesis are expert and authority level synths, most which are t0, so if you're not messing with those, you're just plain ol' wasting your time. No one is going to spend 250M on some piece of armor that's going to break every day, that will take time and money just to repair. Some people can hardly remember to check their Gobbie boxes, or do their guild points. How many are going to remember to repair their armor before going out and what will it reduce in stats as it dies or will it just BREAK and all stats go out the window. Just...no.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 15:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slyshenx said: »
Funny... I've never run into a problem with selling items because I don't craft crap that gets replaced every update. If you haven't noticed, SE releases new crafts almost every update, especially every other, and there is more gil to be made. If you aren't making any gil off your crafts, choose another craft, or just quit crafting period. You don't become 'RICH' just becoming a crafter, you usually barely make enough to keep going unless you get lucky and end up with more HQ than you expected. The only majorly profitable synthesis are expert and authority level synths, most which are t0, so if you're not messing with those, you're just plain ol' wasting your time. No one is going to spend 250M on some piece of armor that's going to break every day, that will take time and money just to repair. Some people can hardly remember to check their Gobbie boxes, or do their guild points. How many are going to remember to repair their armor before going out and what will it reduce in stats as it dies or will it just BREAK and all stats go out the window. Just...no.
Facts! And I check my gobbie everyday on my 20 something mules lol. I'm at 500k guild points on each crafter I'm prepared! Buwhaga