WORST Dyna ls on Hades
First Page 2 3
 Hades.Zarden
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Zarden
By Hades.Zarden 2010-01-31 20:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

DynamisAvngers several have left this faildyna ls since wendsays run which was at xarc all drops of which went to sack holders and they even kicked someone from the shell because he was looking after his newborn baby girl. what kind of people are so heartless as to kick someone for being a good parent? aparently DynamisAvngers. wod of caution for anyone thinking of joining this ls if you do be prepared to have yer af ninja lotted by the sackholders or the shell leader and make sure yer not a parent.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-31 20:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What's up Zarden? By the way, you might wanna move this to the Hades subforum to prevent possible deletion.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-31 20:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How can I possibly say this without seeming like a heartlass son-of-a-***... haha... Well, just to be clear, I would never kick someone for looking after their baby... Onto my post...

If somebody was persistently AFK in one of my Dynamis runs, I would be a bit disgruntled at them as well. Though I wouldn't kick them for it (unless it really was every five minutes every run), I would be annoyed; and I would ask myself and that person, "Why are you here?" The reason for being AFK is irrelevant from my point of view when I'm leading a run. If somebody is AFK, the motives, reason or interruption behind it are irrelevant; they're still AFK.

If people have commitments like that, I would tell them not to enter Dynamis and see to them. I think the person who got kicked (albeit, kicking is over the top) should've prioritised properly and simply not gone to Dynamis if he had to look after his newborn baby. Bad judgement on his part, in my opinion.

After all, Dynamis requires focus and commitment, and if you can't provide it, you shouldn't enter. It just makes no sense. If I had to take care of a baby, I wouldn't enter Dynamis, or any event in FFXI that would inconvene others with my sudden disappearance. It's just bad judgement.

As for ninja lotting drops, there could be a not-so-sinister explanation as you think for that. Is this a new LS or an established LS? Do they have a points system? Could be the sackholder, having a lot of attendance built up, has a lot of points. Don't jump to the conclusion that foul play is afoot when somebody who's bound to have good attendance gets one or two drops more than the average person. That's generally how it works; the sackholders are shellholder are usually the ones putting the most time into a shell.

Of course, neutral observation. I could be way off the mark, just throwing some food for thought out there. =)
And Yeah, I would never kick someone for taking care of their baby. But I would encourage them to leave the run and prioritise their commitments appropriately.
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-01-31 20:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I might sound like a D-bag, but if you know you will have to be going afk a lot then don't go to your endgame shell's events. That's just rude to do.
[+]
user: Kakkoii
By Hades.Finalfantasyxi 2010-01-31 20:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

DynaAvengers is one of the oldest and most well established linkshells on hades. Of course sackholders get the drops more. In my experience with them you got rewards for the work you put into it.

The point system is very clear cut and they do comments before every run. Your AF wasn't ninja lotted, someone had more points than you.

AFK means you aren't contributing to the group. Ever watch Survivor? Same concept. By kicking the person they are actually doing them a favor in regards to taking care of their child.

If you want easy AF feel free to make up your own shell or join a newly established one so that the point hump isn't so hard to get over.

<3 kthx.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-31 20:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2010-01-31 20:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
 Hades.Paxton
user: Paxton
By Hades.Paxton 2010-01-31 21:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Little known fact: DA was created because HB kicked Waide for selling his AF2.

He was the point leader for MNK body. It dropped and at the last few seconds, he passed it and another MNK who was on his second run with the LS lotted it and it fell to him. When I asked what happened, the new member told me that Waide traded it for some 20 mil item. (It was a while back mind you, things were worth more). Waide, an officer at the time, told me he never knew that was against the rules. Funny thing is he skipped over three other MNK who were in line that had much more points. I don't know how passing AF for gil to only lot it again the next time is acceptable, but oh well. Kline's cool, Carry on.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-01-31 22:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I might sound like an *** for saying this, but whatever. If this guy was afking in dynamis enough to get kicked, (and I'm assuming it was constant and over a period of time, as in a number of runs rather than just the one run as someone else said it is an established shell) then baby or not, he probably should have been kicked. If you've got a newborn baby that takes that much of your attention away from the game, then it's irresponsible parenting as well as disrespecting to other players to continue to do endgame. Leave endgame for a few weeks, lol. Your child > this game.

As for the leaders ninja lotting, my advice to avoid that situation altogether would be to read over the ls's lotting rules before applying, and if you don't agree with something or think that there might be a conflict later on, don't join. Also, if there's a trial period involved, use it to your advantage. Do a few runs with the ls, if you don't like what you see then you have no commitment to them and they have nothing invested in you, you're free to leave.
[+]
 Hades.Cleverness
By Hades.Cleverness 2010-02-05 18:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Should mention that the member was Ozirus. I started playing again in October, started dyna with the same shell(DA) near November, Ozirus went for 2 runs there and then just stopped going altogether for 2 months. Not cause of his kid, he told me cause "he's working mythic while they work on their relic weapons", which makes no sense but whatever. He didn't start spouting that bs about his kid until he started Dynamis again, prolly for sympathy.

And of course he doesn't follow directions. I didn't go last Sunday to Windy, but the last time we did Windy everyone was given a simple instruction; bazaar your glasses, cause there was another shell coming in immediately behind us to the zone. Of course, he dies and afk's and the zone can't be claimed for 10 minutes cause he's there with no glass in bazaar. If he did it again, then he deserves to be kicked.

This isn't me trying to defend the LS, it's pointing out that this member in question pretty much deserved the kick, kid or not. Child is obviously more important(if it exists), if he needs to be watching it during dyna time, don't go to dyna. Either find someone who can watch it for 3-ish hours or go with a different shell at a different time where you can have the child supervised.
[+]
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-02-05 19:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Finalfantasyxi said:
DynaAvengers is one of the oldest and most well established linkshells on hades. Of course sackholders get the drops more. In my experience with them you got rewards for the work you put into it. The point system is very clear cut and they do comments before every run. Your AF wasn't ninja lotted, someone had more points than you. AFK means you aren't contributing to the group. Ever watch Survivor? Same concept. By kicking the person they are actually doing them a favor in regards to taking care of their child. If you want easy AF feel free to make up your own shell or join a newly established one so that the point hump isn't so hard to get over. <3 kthx.

I guess some ppl still dont understand this is a game and yes this was very *** up if its true. Idk what kind of ppl r on hades but ive never heard of something so conceded to think this is ok for any reason.

I know most ls here have a unspoken rule, life>all and dont punish u for it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2010-02-05 19:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone passes out or goes AFK for a long time or way to often, that person should be D2'd instead of just /breaklinkshell.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-05 19:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Zangada said:
DynaAvengers is one of the oldest and most well established linkshells on hades. Of course sackholders get the drops more. In my experience with them you got rewards for the work you put into it. The point system is very clear cut and they do comments before every run. Your AF wasn't ninja lotted, someone had more points than you. AFK means you aren't contributing to the group. Ever watch Survivor? Same concept. By kicking the person they are actually doing them a favor in regards to taking care of their child. If you want easy AF feel free to make up your own shell or join a newly established one so that the point hump isn't so hard to get over. <3 kthx.

I guess some ppl still dont understand this is a game and yes this was very *** up if its true. Idk what kind of ppl r on hades but ive never heard of something so conceded to think this is ok for any reason.

I know most ls here have a unspoken rule, life>all and dont punish u for it.

I don't see where this is an elitist statement. It's the cold hard facts of endgame, though. It shouldn't be hard to live up to your ls's rules and if it is, you probably shouldn't be doing runs at the times you're trying to do them if at all. People are only going to put up with so much not because they don't understand that this is a game, but because they're trying to play to have fun too and they're paying $13+ a month to sit there and watch you afk or mess up the runs. Just know your priorities both ingame and rl, that's all.

Only thing I disagree with Finalfantasyxi on is that the sack holders put in more effort so they should get drops first; sack holders have to deal with more drama, yes, but if you have a strong shell there are a good number of members who show up to every run, do what they're told, know their jobs well and work together. Just because they don't have a sack doesnt mean they're putting in less effort. If it wasn't for those guys, the sack holders wouldn't have much of an ls to run.
[+]
 Unicorn.Celestius
By Unicorn.Celestius 2010-02-05 20:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well.... if you joined a dynamis that doesnt have member buy in, with a distribution of coins, you are working for one players relic, get used to it and take satisfaction in getting that weapon for that guy that won't know you once he has it. Are you sure all members are 1/1 character to player? Did you join one guys one man army of multibox toons? If you arent happy getting someone else gear, FFXI is not the game for you as drop rates are stupid. Japanese programmers? lmao, hope there arent any noocular reactors in Japan.
By Shinyu 2010-02-05 21:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

loldrama i think ill afk every 5 mins in my dyna shell and ninja lot! /dies >:D
user: Kakkoii
By Hades.Finalfantasyxi 2010-02-05 21:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, my mistake. I didn't clarify. I was implying that sackholders have more points and get the AF because of this. They only have more points because they've been in the ls longer. Guess I just phrased that a little raunchily ^^;
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-02-05 21:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Man why are these topics always the same.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-02-05 22:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

DynaAvengers is one of the oldest and most well established linkshells on hades. Of course sackholders get the drops more. In my experience with them you got rewards for the work you put into it.

If you're so old-and-established, why don't sacks actually have their AF yet?
[+]
 Hades.Pumpopo
user: Pumpopo
By Hades.Pumpopo 2010-02-05 22:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Cleverness said:
Should mention that the member was Ozirus.

That's all I need to know about that...Nothing more to see here.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-02-05 22:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
I might sound like a D-bag, but if you know you will have to be going afk a lot then don't go to your endgame shell's events. That's just rude to do.

Please.. just please do me a favour.. Call me when you become a parent yourself, and then just put yourself in our shoes.., and then revisit this thread, then tell me again how you feel it being justified being booted from a ls and having Af ninja lotted on. TBH if you have to afk alot, well thats def. understood, and if at first when you join the ls, the rules are not stipulated about "ANYTHING THAT APPLYS TO PARENTHOOD", then its all a bunch of CACA...

Honestly, its a very well young person ranned Dyna if you ask me, or its a person who can't find a way to meet someone to create a family..

over 50% I bet of the population are parents on here... GO figure!
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-06 02:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, my mistake. I didn't clarify. I was implying that sackholders have more points and get the AF because of this. They only have more points because they've been in the ls longer. Guess I just phrased that a little raunchily ^^;

It's np, I could have read it wrong too. And if you look at it from that direction, you're completely right. The veteran members of a shell are always gonna have more points accumulated than the new members just coming in.
[+]
 Hades.Hiryo
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2010-02-06 13:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay a Hades topic!

Boo a QQ thread.
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-02-06 14:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats a "good parent" doing in dynamis at all when they have a newborn baby at home?
[+]
 Hades.Paxton
user: Paxton
By Hades.Paxton 2010-02-06 14:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

DynaAvengers is one of the oldest and most well established linkshells on hades.
Hades.Cleverness said:
he told me cause "he's working mythic while they work on their relic weapons"

Has DA completed a relic yet?

Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-06 14:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kyhira said:
Whats a "good parent" doing in dynamis at all when they have a newborn baby at home?
Despite how much of a pain they are, they do sleep from time to time. If it's a time that they normally sleep, it's perfectly understandable. I established a schedule for mine early on. That gave me the ability to play games routinely so I could coordinate with my friends back home.

tl;dr: You can be a good parent and play video games too.
[+]
 Hades.Neheyiama
user: Focusal
By Hades.Neheyiama 2010-02-06 14:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. Close this thread. No one is forcing you to go on the run. I in DA, and I go to have fun, and stuff. Not just because of the gear. Sure the points is nice, but making friends and stuff is nicer. Its a game. If the sackholders do what they did, they have a reason. Its like crafting during a Dyna run. Who does that -.-
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-02-06 15:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Carbuncle.Kyhira said:
Despite how much of a pain they are, they do sleep from time to time. If it's a time that they normally sleep, it's perfectly understandable. I established a schedule for mine early on. That gave me the ability to play games routinely so I could coordinate with my friends back home.

tl;dr: You can be a good parent and play video games too.

I'm sure thats possible, but I've been in alot of parties and other stuff where ppl go afk every 5 min because their "kids are annoying" as they've put it. if your kid needs you just log off the game, shouldnt be an issue really
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-02-06 15:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What! DynamisAvngers is one of the most established, long time going ls on the server, i learned how to do dynamis with them, got my clears and my first ever Afv2.

Now i lead RealityDynamis, i would not have done as well with my linkshell i run now, if i had not joined and learned with DA a long time ago.

Kline is a good friend of mine, we have different approaches to how we lead a linkshell but both of us get it done and successfully, kline always has a good reason for any decision he makes, and so do the pearlsacks, making a thread like this to flame a linkshell, because they made a decision which did not agree to you, is not right.

This topic should just die now (End Key)
[+]
 Hades.Cleverness
By Hades.Cleverness 2010-02-06 15:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Paxton said:
DynaAvengers is one of the oldest and most well established linkshells on hades.
Hades.Cleverness said:
he told me cause "he's working mythic while they work on their relic weapons"

Has DA completed a relic yet?

Sparticus is a few coins away from finish Aegis, I dunno about anyone else. Him and I THINK Waide and Kline are the only sponsors, but don't quote me on that. I only know about his progress since he mentioned it in ls chat once.
[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-02-06 15:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The silly thing is all the people i know who's mantra is "RL > game" to avoid any sense of obligation or responsibility to their fellow players are JUST AS HUNGRY for gear/drops if not more so than the "loser elitist" who "don't realize this is just a game".

hahahaha~
[+]
First Page 2 3