NM Hunting Rare/EX List - THF 75 solo
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Hades.Kylos
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-28 08:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Making a lot of changes to this list, to make it better to read, and to get rid of some irrelevent information, just added Picolaton to the More info list, should be an update to this List some time today, then ill work on the other one
 Hades.Deadfly
user: Deadfly
By Hades.Deadfly 2009-12-28 08:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11eu/detail/677/detail.html

You can read it thanks >.>

Now r u gunna argue, saying that this is wrong from the official webpage? kkthx
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 08:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Deadfly said:
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11eu/detail/677/detail.html

You can read it thanks >.>

Now r u gunna argue, saying that this is wrong from the official webpage? kkthx
Nope I'm gunna argue that you can't read it apparently

playonline said:
Accumulative Magic Resistance
Currently, a large number of players can team up to overpower the enemy in certain battles by hitting the enemy repeatedly with only elemental magic. This tactic has had an unbalancing effect on the game, and we decided a change was needed.

However, altering the effects of powerful magic spells would have a negative effect on black mages and other magic users. Rather than altering magic effects or strengthening monsters, we determined that the adjustment to solve this issue should be as small as possible in scope and affect other gameplay mechanics as little as possible.

Therefore, for the next update we have decided to implement an accumulative magic resistance effect for all monsters whose strength reads “impossible to gauge.”

We have also made several other adjustments to minimize the effect of this change on black mages and other magic users. For example, a party fighting a notorious monster with one to two black mages will probably not notice the difference.

However, we have decided to give Bahamut in the quest “The Wyrmking Descends” and Diabolos in the quest “Waking Dreams” a stronger accumulative magic resistance than other notorious monsters.

-Types of Affected Magic Damage
When a notorious monster is repeatedly hit by the following types of magic, it will accumulatively build magic resistance:

Black magic (elemental), white magic (divine), ninjutsu, magical blood pact abilities, magical blue magic, magical weapon skills (e.g., Spirits Within and Red Lotus Blade), and certain job abilities (e.g., Chi Blast and Mijin Gakure)

-Resistance Fluctuation
When a monster with accumulative magic resistance is hit by a magic attack, the amount of damage it receives will decrease in accordance with that monster’s resistance. At the same time, its resistance will increase.

The monster’s resistance will increase in accordance with the amount of damage incurred, but each monster has a maximum resistance level.

In addition, the monster’s resistance will decrease with time if it is not hit by any repeated magic attacks.
 Hades.Deadfly
By Hades.Deadfly 2009-12-28 08:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously. Go spam Head butt on LoO or any other NM and watch the resists. Stop arguing with me on LoO cus he hasnt got rage lol

As for headbutt its INT modified meaning less resists if u have more INT making the stun magic.

Just like red lotus blade physical attack with fire damage.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-12-28 08:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

playonline said:
Black magic (elemental), white magic (divine), ninjutsu, magical blood pact abilities, magical blue magic, magical weapon skills (e.g., Spirits Within and Red Lotus Blade), and certain job abilities (e.g., Chi Blast and Mijin Gakure)

Physical weapon skills?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 08:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Deadfly said:
Seriously. Go spam Head butt on LoO or any other NM and watch the resists. Stop arguing with me on LoO cus he hasnt got rage lol As for headbutt its INT modified meaning less resists if u have more INT making the stun magic. Just like red lotus blade physical attack with fire damage.

Any Nm that I would use my blu over my thf rdm and blm isn't gunna resist or even last that long. Why cause you say so? Other people have said the opposite who have fought it. What makes you right and them wrong and gives you the right to tell me to stop arguing it? Hell I even said I was actually gunna go check it out. What about you you got anything?

And as far as grav/bind goes it is so easy to switch spells or just kite and let the resistance wear off

As far as int helping it stun. Is there actually testing on that. I've definitely seen the dmg increase but has anyone proven anywhere that it affects stun rate?

Again ws mod for dmg does not = resistance for status effects. Better comparison would be trying to prove whatever stat effects duration of Viperbite or chance to stun on any number of the stun wss.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 08:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
playonline said:
Physical weapon skills?
Not sure what you are questioning here
 Hades.Deadfly
By Hades.Deadfly 2009-12-28 08:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

seriously cba lol, this is why i dont do forums i'm out go argue with someone else.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-12-28 09:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
playonline said:
Physical weapon skills?
Not sure what you are questioning here

Deadfly stated that "Red Lotus Blade" was Physical, yet in the POL announcement (that he told everyone to read), it specifically states RLB being magical.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 09:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Awww totally missed that lol.
 Hades.Deadfly
By Hades.Deadfly 2009-12-28 09:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just stating it as a quick example, on which i hadnt done research on. The fact of the matter is u spam Head butt for stun sooner or later they'll gain resistances 2 it. Same reason why you only have one RDM/DRK when you zerg something, because the stun becomes resistant.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-12-28 09:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the thing.. Physical attacks (spells, ws, etc) don't get resisted. They either Hit or Miss.

These get an increase in resistance:
playonline said:
 Hades.Deadfly
By Hades.Deadfly 2009-12-28 09:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If they hit or miss Head butt wouldnt say "Failed to take effect" it'd say "Head butt missed" surely?
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-28 09:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I will also be adding which Rare/EX gear from this list is useful for a THF in the description.

So those new to the job, will be able to prepare themselves and go out and fight these NM before they start to level, or get help from higher level friends if its their first job, all to come soon :)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-12-28 09:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Deadfly said:
If they hit or miss Head butt wouldnt say "Failed to take effect" it'd say "Head butt missed" surely?

You mean the same way Bludgeon "fails to take effect." or Disseverment "fails to take effect."?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 09:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Deadfly said:
Yeah and doesn't it say that for all physical spells when the mob uses perfect dodge? Surely your not calling that +resistance? Also resistance is broken up into serveral categories. Full 1/2 1/4 1/8 1/16. That won't happen on blu physical spells. Not to mention full resist actually say resist on them.

Oh and having to rdm/drks chainstun at the same time isn't done not because of lol resistance. But because 99% of the time it is overkill and redundant. However most strats that involve zerging for longer than chainspell is up generally overlap at the end to ensure no down time and few mobs like dynamis lord even have strats that have 2 rdm/drks stunning at the same time to ensure it stays stunned.
 Hades.Deadfly
By Hades.Deadfly 2009-12-28 09:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the stun resists on headbutt being modified by INT.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Head_Butt

Mass RDM/DRK chainstunning do gain resistances tho.

Also the BLU who thought LoO 'raged' could of just been missing headbutt thro Lord of Onzozo using hard membrane as one of its TP moves. (enhances evasion)

"What makes you right and them wrong and gives you the right to tell me to stop arguing it?"

Well the fact that i have experiance with LoO and have killed on SMNer solo more then once which takes about 50mins-1hr20 from carby kiting, if LoO had raged Carby would of let me know about it. Like i said before, i also have the club 2 prove it. Which i use on my DRK72 =/ 16k damage on Dynamis-buba megaboss with 3 BRD's which isnt 2 shabby considering i was /nin with only 10% haste.
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-28 10:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Added good rare/ex for a New Thief in the description, if i missed any other Rare/ex gear that is soloable to get, from one of the NM in the list, please let me know, but im sure i got them all.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 10:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Deadfly said:
As for the stun resists on headbutt being modified by INT.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Head_Butt

As for LoO raging

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_Onzozo... see what I did there?
Hades.Deadfly said:
Mass RDM/DRK chainstunning do gain resistances tho.

Sometimes but that isn't why it isn't done. It's a waste of chainstun and a pt spot at that most the time to have multiple rdm/drks doing it at once. Though occasionally it is good especailly on stuff which would build resist even if you don't chainspell it since the amount of resistances gained caps somewhere depending on the nm but no greater than 95%
Hades.Deadfly said:
Well the fact that i have experiance with LoO and have killed on SMNer solo more then once which takes about 50mins-1hr20 from carby kiting, if LoO had raged Carby would of let me know about it.

Right except other people have chimed in with them seeing it rage. So again what makes you right and them wrong? As far as carby letting you know I assume you checked average dmg before 20min and after incrementally? Also another smn on here has proven you can derage NMs while avatar kiting to help in killing.

Either way I will check it out and SS and parse just to show wether or not it does. I kinda want the club anyways. Wonder how camped it is...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 10:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
Added good rare/ex for a New Thief in the description, if i missed any other Rare/ex gear that is soloable to get, from one of the NM in the list, please let me know, but im sure i got them all.
Depends on what your using it for. Endgame? xping? Meriting? Soloing?

And what you mean by new thf? Like low lvl or new to soloing? Since some of those on the list would be hard to solo at the lvl you can wear them
 Hades.Deadfly
By Hades.Deadfly 2009-12-28 10:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you mean apart from the fact that i know what Lord of Onzozo's rage is as i have seen it when it dropped KC, if LoO raged on me, then carby would of been dead in seconds. And no it isnt camped at all its window is probabily up atm.

Oh and go and see if LoO casts Water IV while your there http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_Onzozo = Fail.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 10:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So there are a few nms pretty easy to straigh up blink tank even for a rdm that can't be really melee'd solo cause of there tp moves are too killer. Now rdms get around that with enspell and low delay/dmg daggers.

Has any thfs tried that? Pretty sure I can get merc kris down to 0 dmg on high lvl monsters. I just found out unlike alot of enchanments it doesn't wear off and even on just eps it is pretty fast dmg... hell more than my Mkris was doing in physical dmg sometimes. And would +swd enhancement dmg work on enchantment ones...

Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-28 10:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

A new thief is someone new to the job, as in its level 1 or they just started to level it.

If its their first job in the game, and they cant solo these NM for the gear, then they can get help, but usually nowadays there are not many new players to the game, so the likely story is they already have a job at 75 before starting THF
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-28 10:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the list, all the information given is in there, changed how it looks, got rid of information which was not needed, going to change the download too, in a minute.

What do u think? :)
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2009-12-28 17:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

the skeleton pirate NM's are possibly solo'able by thf.

i spent ALOT of time over many yrs camping those 2 NM's, but it was along time ago.. over a yr ago so i dont remeber the exact details..

i do know 1 is stronger than the other.. lol. the other is rather simple to kill. most of the time i had a whm/nin there to help cause thats who i was getting the clubs for. but camper beware i didnt spend YEARS on that damn boat fishing cause they poped all the time.

i belive ive seen blackbeard pop 1-2 times, i think he is the hardest of the two. the other one ive seen pop 6-7 times and is very easy to solo.

hardest part is they can pop on either of the 2 boat's so if it pops on one boat and u miss it youll never know lol... plus if u do know by some chance a friend seen it pop.. your still screw'd cause u have the pop time BUT u still dunno what boat it will pop on next lmao..

GL too anyone who wants the matching clubs, like i said it took years and many many hrs on those evil boat's to see it happen.......
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-12-28 18:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For the boat NMs, do the following if you want most shots at them:

First,

Silverhook is on Selbina to Mhaura
Blackbeard is on Mhaura to Selbina

Second,

Bring whoever is going to kill it and a Black Mage. Set Home Points in either Selbina or Mhaura, depending on which NM you are chasing.

Third,

Ride boat. If pirates come, look for one wearing a Vermy. If there's a Vermy-clad pirate, NM will be there. If not, don't waste your time.

Fourth,

If first 3-4 minutes of boat ride go by with no pirates (there's a load time trick, too, to tell if they will come), D2 everyone back to the shore and catch the next ride. This will give you the most shots at your NM in the least amount of time.

Finally,

A WHM/NIN and BLM/WHM should be an easy duo for either of these. I have soloed them both many times on WHM/NIN, and just having someone to Stun it on Waterga III would be enough help to make it a piece of cake, not to mention they can enfeeble, DoT, Nuke, and backup heal.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 18:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The load trick to tell if there are pirates or not btw is if the door is targetable or not right away when the screen loads.

Also after fishing on that boat forever and ever then again and again. I've come to realize I don't really want to camp those NM's.

I've litterally had NM pirates pop in 5 boat rides back to back. I've also rode the boat for 5 solid hours without any pirates NM or not popping. Really sucked cause the fish I wanted only bites during pirate runs.
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-29 13:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill keep the skeles as soloable and on this list, thanks for posting that info on how to find those NM, it should come in handy to someone i bet
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [182 days between previous and next post]
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-06-29 08:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Due to the latest updates to CoP, Abyssea, VNMs i realize that there are a lot of NMs which are more accessible now, and there may be a new list of NMs which can be beaten by a THF 75 now.

Its been a long time since i done anything to this list, and i hope its helped adventurers to plan their hunting more efficiently, and im happy with the feedback i got for working on this.

In the near future ill be researching into these new NMs, and expand on these 2 lists, any help with this would be appreciated, you can state which NMs you have personally gone out with and beaten after the update.

Its just come to mind as well, that THF can now go to level 80, and therefore a number of NM which could not be beaten before, may be able to fall, due to the extra skills in marksmanship and evasion.

This list may need to be completely redone, and ill be looking for help from THF80s on all servers to help contribute to this work, im going to try reach 80 on my jobs soon, and go hunting again :)

Peace <3
By Muffet 2010-07-07 06:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, it doesn't exists!