NM Hunting Rare/EX List - THF 75 solo
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Seraph.Jacon
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: lvicious
By Seraph.Jacon 2009-12-26 17:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

actually besides some saying he doesn't and some saying he still does can't find confirmation online so honestly idk... thought a buddy of mine fought him over the 20min mark with no rage but maybe our clock was off..
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
Server: Hades
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 17:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It drops Octave Club, which many people use on DRK as a zerg weapon, they would level DRK to 72 or level sync down to 72 when fighting something like Dynamis Lord, which makes the clubs hidden effect activate.

I have looked through testimonials and websites and it dont say anywhere that it does not rage anymore, but ill just take players words for it.

Thanks for the compliment :)
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-26 18:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Octave club is still 2nd best drk zerg weapon even if you lose a buttload of haste/hp gear from being 72.

Well if it doesn't rage maybe I will try murdering it. Says something like a dnc/nin can solo so maybe I can. Be a fun weapon for my rng for 72
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 18:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I like my Mkris better, i dont like having to sync down to 72, as DRK is my main, and i like to stay at 75, also i use it on my THF, so i dont fancy camping the NM for it, although i can definitely see why people use it
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-12-26 18:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Those were seen on Atomos server, but I'm 99.9% sure Vilma does not exist. And if something is in the .dats does not meant it is in-game.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-26 18:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh it is a pain to use but it will do more dmg for zerging drk on average beaten only by kclub drks assuming they actually get the extra haste that is available and such. But Mkris is definitely 3rd and much easier to use and not too expensive. Not to much just so much fun to play with on thf lol. Or rng now that its high enough
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-26 18:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Geldric said:
Those were seen on Atomos server, but I'm 99.9% sure Vilma does not exist. And if something is in the .dats does not meant it is in-game.
Well the spawn requirements on it are kinda lame. I remember back when I was camping Tasaijin only 1 out of like 7 kills did someone not reset the timer before it would spawn again. And that was for a lame rarely used item lol. Basically what I ended up doing was just camping it 24/7. I wasn't always there but people would see me and probably assume window was open and either wait or leave. Maybe if you camp the roses for a few days see what happens if no one touchies
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-12-26 18:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of I've seen it up for was for ~2hrs. It popped while I was asleep and got the <call> of it popping. Woke up ~2hrs later and it was still up.
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 18:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The hard thing is that people always go past there on the way to doing parties and such, so Rose garden is never left alone, and gets killed, you cant exactly force people to not kill it, so it might exist, it might not, this is the mystery, im just wondering if anyone can come forward and say they have seen it on other servers but Atomos
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-26 19:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
The hard thing is that people always go past there on the way to doing parties and such, so Rose garden is never left alone, and gets killed, you cant exactly force people to not kill it, so it might exist, it might not, this is the mystery, im just wondering if anyone can come forward and say they have seen it on other servers but Atomos
MPK there *** if they try!
 Phoenix.Haltro
Server: Phoenix
user: Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2009-12-26 20:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=17493
http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=17494
Vilma absolutely does exist, but is rarely ever seen because of pop conditions.
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-12-26 20:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I stand corrected.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2009-12-26 21:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think Lambert is a PH for Bloodtear. I was camping lambert for scylds for hunt registry and Bloodtear popped about 15 min before Lambert. Unless it was the previous Lambert that was the PH.. idk. Good list tho.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-26 21:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure Lambert isn't the PH. I've only seen Bloodtear pop once when I was doing mnk belt quest. I had been there on thf/rng for a good 3-4 hours. Not a Lambert spawned and I was farming uncontested so was easy to tell. I was getting pissed cause wiki said 1.5-3 hours at most from TOD... then out of no where Bloodtear which procedes to wreck my thf/rng lol. Come back rq on rdm/nin accidentally forgetting enough shihei shout for help which just got me people watching waiting for me to die. Got horn ftw but nothing else.

To me it seems more like HNM kings. If Lambert is gunna pop and it is within time for Bloodtear then it can spawn in it's place otherwise you always get Lambert.
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-27 12:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow thanks for those pictures proving Vilma does exist, i was really wondering if it did, but like i said i can see why it never gets seen due to the spawn conditions.

I have a thought about this Bloodtear Baldurf NM, it may be like the one in Konschtat, which states that Tremor and Rampaging Rams are the PH for Steelfleece, it may be the same for this one, possibly its the Battering Ram and Lumbering Lamberts which are the PH for Bloodtear.

Can anyone confirm this theory of mine?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-27 12:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well like I say right above I did get Bloodtear to spawn with no Lamberts spawning for at least 3-4 hours before Bloodtear did. I know I got ever kill on ever ram while I was there since 1 I had no competetion and 2 I timed all the kills and would Widescan right when they were gunna pop.

If that doesn't prove that it can spawn just from the non NM rams I don't know what does.
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-27 12:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess ill change Bloodtear's description on the other list, to show that both types of Rams are the PH, it makes sense really, i wont actually update the tables on these pages until i get some more information from the NM on the other list. :)
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-27 12:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm that LoO does indeed rage after 20 minutes, I tried to solo him but I only got him to 35%, though I think with better gear and a good Magic Acc. Macro for Disseverment's poison BLU can do it. Take this with a grain of salt though, because the only HNMs I've fought (Simmy, Roc, Khimaira) have either been killed before the rage, or do not rage and I may be misinformed of what it actually is.

Also not very hard to solo. RDM with full buffs (Ice Spikes a must) can solo it as /NIN or even /BLU in about 14 minutes, DNC can solo it with the proper merits and that Double Attack Ability (Im not very DNC knowledgable) and NIN with a haste setup and I imagine debuffs can solo it in around the same time. Plenty of videos on youtube, but none of it raging so if anyone could hold him and attempt to prove this that might clear some stuff up, a friend of mine who tried to solo him on BLU after me (weeks not minutes) said that he raged for her too.

White Coney and Black Coney seem to share the same resistances, however White Coney only uses the TP move "Wild Carrot", making it very difficult to defeat without a zerg method, however DoTs + Melee damage can take it down in some setups.

Never fought Bloodtear, saw Lambert up after a Promy run 2 years ago, but if he's anything like Steelfleece he can pop from either Rampaging Ram or the Tremor Rams. I've seen him pop off regular Tremor Rams, BEFORE RR popped, however the next day helping my WHM friend get his shield for his WHM DD (lol Hexa Strike FTW) and he popped after RR before we or as far as I know anyone else killed any TRs.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-27 12:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Geldric said:
Most of I've seen it up for was for ~2hrs. It popped while I was asleep and got the <call> of it popping. Woke up ~2hrs later and it was still up.

Vilma or Taisai?

Killed Taisaijin after a Diabolos Prime run the other day with my NM hunting BFF. Fun stuff, wish he had something that made him tough though, an NM that refreshes itself would be hella fun to kite. Just wanted the title though, GL to those after the lolHat :D
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-27 12:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, after seeing those screenshots I am indeed tempted to go camp Father Frost/Snow Maiden to get some insight on the spawn method VV supposedly has. The difference seems to be that no one goes to Uleguerand Range and when they do they rarely pass by there so they never get killed. Either way, you might get lucky if you time VV for the morning, but my advice: Don't go AFK. A common tactic to get RG to pop is to go afk after resetting the timer and coming back just in time for it, but theres no telling how long that morbol was up for, it could very well be just about to pop, and it's that much longer til VV. Try reasoning with the people that come to kill it (quickly!!!) you may find a lot of people are just as curious as you!

Sorry for triply post, NMs are like drugs to me, I feel like I'm in disneyland!!!
 Hades.Hiryo
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-27 12:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

White and black coney are easy, you can solo them with sleep bolts and nothing else, you dont get hit, and it takes about 7 minutes.

LoO doesn't rage, it appears you fail on more than one thread.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-27 12:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

LoO does rage. You'll watch as even with Shellra V and Barwatera his nukes start to do crazy more, his ACC increases massively, and he becomes a mother *** and a half to kill.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-27 12:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
LoO does rage. You'll watch as even with Shellra V and Barwatera his nukes start to do crazy more, his ACC increases massively, and he becomes a mother *** and a half to kill.

Aswell as the fact that he becomes resistant and evasive, so you'll notice even if your Head Butts hick to stun his nukes, your most likely not going to get the stun effect anyways.
 Hades.Hiryo
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-27 12:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, k.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-27 12:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:

Aswell as the fact that he becomes resistant and evasive, so you'll notice even if your Head Butts hick to stun his nukes, your most likely not going to get the stun effect anyways.

Yup. Nearly got my *** kicked trying to hold him a few times while I waited for some of my guys to get there for their club.

Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-27 13:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:

Yup. Nearly got my *** kicked trying to hold him a few times while I waited for some of my guys to get there for their club.

I can't even use the club, was in LoO farming my Earring/AJ, and I decided to kill his PH and wouldn't you know it he popped >.> Atleast I got my AJ now.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-27 13:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be taking DRK to 72 just for it. Have a whole build planned out for it.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-27 13:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be taking DRK to 72 just for it. Have a whole build planned out for it.

Do it!!! I wonder if a DRK could zerg it with OClub xD
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-27 13:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I can foresee some real damage being done with an OC and this build: