::The Official New NMs Thread!::
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-18 10:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also add in Eldritch Edge in Rolanberry Fields. It drops the Helenus's Earring. I went 1/4 on it with TH4. Incredibly easy NM as Thf/Bst if you know what you're doing.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2009-11-18 16:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I confirm Donnergugi in East Desert as lottery of the beetles at I-6, I believe 2 hourish was pop time, I didn't keep track. Died as 59PLD/NIN, I went in with DD/EVA set up, and got messed up a bit until I went to full tank setup, I ended up 2houring, didn't help *that* much. He had faily bad accuracy, and hits were anywhere from 20 to 80 with 344 DEF. Used earth base magic; Rasp, Stonega II and Stone III and thats what really got me. I soloed close to the halfway point myself, soon as I saw the magic and it's damage output I called on Nightfyer to help me kill it, I died he finished with Freeze, no drop. From my experiances in soloing, I would say it was high DC to mid EM to me. Going to get my level back, use some different gear and try him again.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-18 16:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
I died he finished with Freeze
I think this was honestly the biggest "fail" of that little encounter >.< Gogo not redoing my macros after helping somebody with CoP 4-2. I'd guess it has around 4000 HP, if nobody's given an estimate yet.
 Fairy.Chestypuller
By Fairy.Chestypuller 2009-11-18 18:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Prankster Maverix Drops a Volant belt.

Now someone find that Octant
 Seraph.Mooshie
Server: Seraph
user: Mooshie
By Seraph.Mooshie 2009-11-18 20:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Got one. Bugbear Muscleman F-9 Oldton Movapolos. Dropped a 'Rugged Gold thread'.

Very easy fight on 75 pup. Evaded almost every attack. Only used earthshock, which he used alot - pretty much every other attack was a ws. Dont know how a job with lower evasion will handle that as my automaton bit it at about 20%
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-11-19 02:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just obtained the drop, Martinet in Ro'Maeve drops Aptant Pera not Aqrabumelu.

Martinet has a native shock spikes effect dealing approximat;y 50dmg average and a very potent stun, barthunder recconmended.

He is easily killable with an utsusemi tank and a healer. Pulled him near the door for ASA and killed him 1/2 on the drop.

Easy NM.

Rogue Receptavle drops a sweet BST item i also obtained its this, Lyricist's Gonnelle CHR+3 Attack+6 back piece.
Even easier then Martinet, my bst pet alone could have easily solo'd him without me hitting. Very weak but seems to favour (and use often, almost spams it) Double Ray.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-19 02:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just be wary of Martinet, he went down pretty fast for me (blu/nin) but with only smn/whm to heal me his Blitztrahl spam had me stunned constantly until I died. Got a raise by someone nearby and finished it off with one more spell, but yeah, stun is a killer, and not just from his spikes.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-19 04:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
I called on Nightfyer to help me kill it, I died he finished with Freeze, no drop.

Hate this NM so much, I wanna see a SS of it dropping something cus it's annoying me now...

Did Martinet with THF/NIN tank WHM and BLM/NIN support, nukes did normal dmg took about 3 AM2s to take it down, no drop though. Thf did drop to half hp a few times because of its TP move overall not hard fight.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2009-11-19 07:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

While I did have FoV buffs on, the time it took for it to pop I had lost RR and the defense food.

I'm going to go up as a gimp 25/WHM for more mp, spells, and the MDB, shadows are useless and in a good set up his phyisical is laughable.
I'm afraid I play on 360 and my camera is broken, so if by some miracle I kill and it drops I can't show any proof until I try and craft Zeal and show a screenshot of my new hat.

Also just realized I spelt Nights' name wrong >.> sorry on that.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-11-19 08:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

New NM's for everyone ^^b
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-19 08:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

nice hit submit with empty field and it posted an empty. i accidently the submit button.

anyway, i think SE should introduce some more nms with 5% drop rates. i love them so much.
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-11-19 09:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed Barbaric weapon 3 times, i can definatly confirm that all the weapons on the spines other then that which he pops, holds a PH.

Tested this all 3 times and forced him to pop 5mins after the 2hour period.

I got a friend to wait for him to pop while i killed weapons on the other 3 spines and immediatly after the third spine he popped.

Could be coincidence but for me it worked, it is also a testimonial on wiki i believe, anywho [Rover's Gloves] [mine]!
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-19 09:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

0/3 on Rogue Receptacle. That back piece will be mine!
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-11-19 10:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep trying ! :P
I brought the luck of the irish for mine >.> taking an irish person always = 1/1 :P + i keep a 3 leaf morrigan bud >.> says its bad luck but i'm a fan of reverse psychology <.<.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2009-11-19 10:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Still waiting on Donner.. a JP DRK has been out here too but doesn't have a clue, was trying to outwait him but meh, getting bored. I got a friend nearby in case I need help, but I got like 3 potions from a casket so I think I can very possibly do it now...
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-19 10:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Still waiting on Donner.. a JP DRK has been out here too but doesn't have a clue, was trying to outwait him but meh, getting bored. I got a friend nearby in case I need help, but I got like 3 potions from a casket so I think I can very possibly do it now...

Good luck lol And I love the ppl that just kill every beetle in the area and often miss the PH repopping cus they elsewhere =D

Edit: How long you been waiting? Starting to think lottery spawn starts 1.5-2hr after he is killed >.> takes ages to pop him.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2009-11-19 10:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm semi killing beetles and going to stop. This DRK is just waiting to steal. I'm starting to wonder if it just might be true lotto... and now an exp party is killing them so I'm forced to. And I'm only really killing the two in the north part, I'm suspecting one is the PH, both times it has popped was in that area. I've been out for like 3 hours now I think, I don't really keep track.

just checked DRK is gone so I'm going for the pop.

Edit: Last one for this NM, 59PLD/25WHM I soloed it with a little help from a 35ish healer NPC with help of an x-pot Hi pot+2 and +3 and a super ether to roughly 10-15%. I wiped and the JP party nearby invited me in and killed it, unclaimed this sucker has fast regen, went back to full in like 30-40 seconds. I noticed a pattern in the magic, Rasp -> Stonega II -> Stone III always I did not see it break once from this pattern.

I waited over 3 hours, maybe 4 (I don't really keep track but I put RR back up 3 times) till he popped. Again the magic is what got me the most, I am willing to bet it could be done as 60PLD/30WHM with a bit of difficulty. Also no drop, he deemed me unworthy after he stoned my face into the ground.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-19 14:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated! :)
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-19 14:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sengann is soloable by a SMN75.

Really easy, no drop though.

2x Preditor Claws = death.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-19 16:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Done^^
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-19 17:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Soloable by a SMN75.
Chelicerata go!
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-19 20:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

1/5

[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-19 21:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Eldritch Edge pops in modern-day Rolan, not past.

Also, NMs that drop aptants can drop MORE than one kind.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-19 21:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, right; my mistake. I did a ctrl-F search for "Rolanberry" and didn't see that. Updating right now, thanks for your contributions, everyone :)
 Bahamut.Raj
Server: Bahamut
user: Raj2004
By Bahamut.Raj 2009-11-23 15:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the spam everyone i meant too put a quote instead i did a reply and a comment :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Raj
Server: Bahamut
user: Raj2004
By Bahamut.Raj 2009-11-23 15:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
1/5

Congrats wish i had access to the moongate been shouting for hours for some one to open door for me yesterday, even offered reward of 5-10k /sigh no luck yesterday hopefully i will get access today.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-23 16:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Sengann is soloable by a SMN75. Really easy, no drop though. 2x Preditor Claws = death.

can't recall if it's been covered, but drops the cloth for those kick attacks +2 level 55 pants for monk. Lineadach
OP to lufaise and was going over the bridge and see it. WTF for a second then attack and kill it and got the drop. Now that I know what it is and how/when it pops I'm 0/4. I know the cloth is useless but it's an NM!
needs to be approached with caution as it can it hit pretty hard. wasn't paying attention yesterday and before i realized it my hp was at 60%. >.>
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-11-23 18:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Goblintrap - East Rounfare (s)
PH usually the Battrap near the huge tree, between a broken piece of wall (forgot Pos). can pop at 1.5hr~2.5hr (or more?). His TP move is an AOE sleepga, with low success rate. can hit hard (about 100 per hit to war/nin).
so far 0/9 ; ;

edit: This nm gets a big t(-.-t)
 Odin.Lowblow
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2009-11-23 18:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

From what i saw and scanned through thread, you missed

NM: Picolaton (Giant Bird)
G-8 or D/E-11 off Giant Bird Placeholders.
Known Drop: Thrakon Breastplate