::The Official New NMs Thread!::
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-15 15:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've killed Thunderclaw Thubon in Sauromugue seven times now and no drop, so rate seems to be pretty bad.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-15 16:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm camping toad NM in West Saur {S}.

Anyone know the drop rate?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-15 16:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
I'm camping toad NM in West Saur {S}. Anyone know the drop rate?
Theres a toad nm there!?! O lame its not a real porogo so no magic hammer time
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-15 16:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Theres a toad nm there!?! O lame its not a real porogo so no magic hammer time
naw, its just a toad.

Ransomething

Drops a Summoning Belt
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-15 21:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This is pretty much the best thing to have happened since the update.
Amazing work Anye!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-15 21:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm looking for canal moocher but not sure what map that J-10 refers too... also wondering if anyone posted anything about spawns since it isnt up
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-15 22:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

SORRY! I forgot, they're both on the 2nd map, the side you zone into from Windurst Walls.

Updating soon, sorry! :)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-15 22:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Also just a thought since its really kinda hard to fit a full about a mob in that tiny space maybe have links from the mobs to a whole bunch of individual threads on them like Korpgs? Ya know weaknesses strenghts killed with what etc?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-15 23:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Also just a thought since its really kinda hard to fit a full about a mob in that tiny space maybe have links from the mobs to a whole bunch of individual threads on them like Korpgs? Ya know weaknesses strenghts killed with what etc?
Thats a good idea.

MUCH better than what wiki can come up with.

Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-15 23:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Canal Moocher is confirmed to be a lottery/timed pop, timed to start 1 hour after its last kill, but you HAVE to kill its PH to pop it.

Brazen Bones is an extra skelly in the circle. Don't know the pop conditions yet, but I think it repops 4 hours after last kill. I know its between 2-5 hours because I found it 5 hours after I killed it yesterday, but this morning it wasn't up (somebody must have killed it O.o) for a couple of hours.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2009-11-15 23:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Herbage Hunter update, 0/3 twice with TH1 once with TH2, I'm strating to doubt the drop is that common. Lotto off the crawler by the North tree only unless someone can disprove, JP THF that has tried to camp against me twice mearly waits at it while I kill the second. Seems 2-3 hourish, all I know it is took a long time to see again. Wiki says a 34 DRG/WHM soloed it with trouble, so maybe 30ish? I dunno..

edit* Wiki also says drop from Froga is Selemnus Belt, I can not confirm this didn't fight it again yet.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-16 00:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

God i'm starting to get annoyed, what the *** was SE thinking when they implemented these dumb *** NMs? I've killed the same few at least 6 times each and not a god damn thing has dropped from them, hell person in my LS has camped Chonchon non stop for that headlong belt and so far he is 0/10 while everyone else is 1/1, is it just some kine of "*** this character out of everything while someone else gets it instead" system or something?

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-16 00:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
God i'm starting to get annoyed, what the *** was SE thinking when they implemented these dumb *** NMs? I've killed the same few at least 6 times each and not a god damn thing has dropped from them, hell person in my LS has camped Chonchon non stop for that headlong belt and so far he is 0/10 while everyone else is 1/1, is it just some kine of "*** this character out of everything while someone else gets it instead" system or something?
Isn't that how it normally works? Hell it took me like 30 days or so just to get 2 trotter's boots and that was averaging a little over 1 claim per day( we lost claim like twice but maintenance gave us extra spawns that and we got it to spawn at like 21 hour alot of the times) And one of those lost claims yep people went 1/1. And supposedly its like 10% droprate
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-16 01:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently weak to fire, wish I'd known that before 1%, probably wouldn't have taken an hour <_<
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-16 01:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So much for wikis saying T4 nukes only do 300-400 lol
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-16 01:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at first I was using stone II to reclaim it when it gave up, which it did a lot, simply because that's like, the lowest tier spell I have macrod (/laze). Then I tried a few Blizz II's and Blizz III's for shits and giggles, which Blizz III did 25 most of the time (I don't have my AF hat and my elemental skill is pretty far from cap). Then when it was down to 2% I wanted to make sure I killed it without it de-agroing and dying from DoT, so I threw everything at it. Got a Blizz III to actually do 105 damage, and then that Fire III. Rdm 73 btw :p
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-16 01:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What about water III? I mean it is double water weather in there... meh the only nukes I usually maccro are fire blizz and thunder3 lol... though on side maccro palettes I got drain and bio2. Those pants look pretty nice though... but bah only for dnc and lolpup
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-16 01:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I thought it was super resistant to all direct magic damage, so I didn't bother trying *shrug*
 Remora.Darknaut
Server: Remora
user: Darknaut
By Remora.Darknaut 2009-11-16 03:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:

/nod ...

Same for me, 0/6 on Lamina for Kusha's Ring and Wiki said ~2.8% for the drop rate need further testing i think but damn ... under ~10% for a "common" item ... Thank you SE for keeping players in this game with ***rate.

Trying Hyakinhtos too but claimed only 1 and 0/1, so wait and see ...
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-16 03:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:

0/5 on my beetle NM in east altepa with TH1... its driving me insane cus it takes hours to pop, was there for 8 hours yesterday camping it and nothing... D= Ended up trying to unlock Drakesbane to pass the time, I think theres only 2 thunder corals on our server total -.-
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-16 04:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 0/5 right now on frugal cape... good thing it pops on the hour.

Edit: 0/6... I hope this isn't some crap like 1% recycle or something gay like that
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-16 05:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Update on Hippomaritimus in valk dunes; saw him up unclaimed in the trees at the water @ I-9 opposite side of beach to the boat, near the vortex to lufaise meadows. No drop ><

Edit: Just killed Metal Shears in valk dunes too, was @ the wooded area in J-6 it's a crab NM seems to have standard crab moves, has about 500-700hp. No drop... fml.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-16 05:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:

Ramponneau
Seems to be pretty low like some other nms in this update. Wiki has it listed at 8%, but I doubt that is very accurate after 1 week.

This belt is such a slap in the face to smns. 2 skill? Seriously? /fume
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-16 07:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This belt is such a slap in the face to smns. 2 skill? Seriously? /fume

Yeah, but if you look at any other belt that gives SMN skill.....

This + another item that has +3 skill that I'm seriously trying to get + 8/8 merits = ability to get to 317 skill and still keep perp cost to its lowest possible point.

Unless you get a B.Staff that is....
 Ifrit.Sabinblitz
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Sabinblitz 2009-11-16 07:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Herbage Hunter update, 0/3 twice with TH1 once with TH2, I'm strating to doubt the drop is that common. Lotto off the crawler by the North tree only unless someone can disprove, JP THF that has tried to camp against me twice mearly waits at it while I kill the second. Seems 2-3 hourish, all I know it is took a long time to see again. Wiki says a 34 DRG/WHM soloed it with trouble, so maybe 30ish? I dunno..

edit* Wiki also says drop from Froga is Selemnus Belt, I can not confirm this didn't fight it again yet.

I'm 0/4 with TH1 and I've only seen it pop in that one spot.
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2009-11-16 09:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
I've killed Thunderclaw Thubon in Sauromugue seven times now and no drop, so rate seems to be pretty bad.

I killed Thunderclaw Thubon randomly, caught him on Widescan as i scouted the area, killed him. Got Psyche Earring 1/1.

Might wanna add that if it hasn't been already.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-16 09:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I killed Duke Focalor (Demon) in X-land and got nothing. He drops some type of demon ingot.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-16 10:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So far 0 drops from 4 different NM's in this update. ;.;
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-16 10:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Flockbock IS soloable by a good SMN/SCH.

Just sic Garuda, she won't get petro'd.

And he doesn't hit THAT hard to her, with free Garuda and you running away, he won't hate reset to you.