::The Official New NMs Thread!::
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-16 10:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably take about an hour or so to kill too.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-16 10:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Flockbock IS soloable by a good SMN/SCH.

Just sic Garuda, she won't get petro'd.

And he doesn't hit THAT hard to her, with free Garuda and you running away, he won't hate reset to you.

Oh no.... SE has made a bunch of NMs that are immune to RDM but powerless to SMN! LOL @ all you RDMS now XD
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-16 10:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone can be a RDM.

You have to have big balls to be a SMN.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-16 10:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I was thinking at first, (sans the smn part) but rdm can still solo a lot of the NMs, just takes a little more patience and skill.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-16 10:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM is still a great job, its just that its not the "end all soloist" anymore.
 Ragnarok.Amalle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tamalle
By Ragnarok.Amalle 2009-11-16 10:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think someones tooting their SMN horn. lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-16 10:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Flockbock IS soloable by a good SMN/SCH. Just sic Garuda, she won't get petro'd. And he doesn't hit THAT hard to her, with free Garuda and you running away, he won't hate reset to you.
I remember when I first put Flockbock on this guide, I read it as "cockblock" and sniggered. :3
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-16 10:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Flockbock IS soloable by a good SMN/SCH.

Just sic Garuda, she won't get petro'd.

And he doesn't hit THAT hard to her, with free Garuda and you running away, he won't hate reset to you.
That's what I thought about this NM.
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
I suspect a couple SMN could throw some Garuda on some ***and own it, but if you try to do it without smn and without zoning bring a couple of WHM >.>

Granted I said a couple, but its easy enough for a smn solo strategy.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-16 10:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Have enough perp - gear, you can solo most anything as long as you can keep links and aggro at bay.

And your avatar doesn't die quickly lol.
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-16 10:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Anyone can be a RDM.

You have to have big balls to be a SMN.
Or BST!
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-16 11:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Also just a thought since its really kinda hard to fit a full about a mob in that tiny space maybe have links from the mobs to a whole bunch of individual threads on them like Korpgs? Ya know weaknesses strenghts killed with what etc?
Ahaha... I could, but I'll have to ask Scragg, maybe. This works well enough, don't know if we should "waste" any more space on this. I would have to make a TON of new threads, and some NMs don't even have much information on them just yet. :( Sorry!

Wiki is still good enough for me, at least. This is just a fun little project for me^^ I haven't taken anything from Wiki 'cause it feels like I'm cheating :P
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-16 11:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Only certain NMs require guides though.

You aren't going to need a guide to kill Bubbly Bernie.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-16 11:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, there's a place for everything, and this isn't it.

Anyway, let's see how smn goes about soloing Chelicerata. Chigoe NM mixed in withe marlboro and tigers at K-9 in Waj. Has the usual stupidly fast attack speed of a chigoe, but hit me for about 150 with cocoon, 200 without. Actually, smn would probably own that too provided your avatar attacks it before it kills you with one triple attack round <_<

Additional effect of slow, but that's kinda meh.
 Hades.Lumei
Server: Hades
user: Lumei
By Hades.Lumei 2009-11-16 11:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN/RDM and RDM/NIN duo. Pull it and kite it around the rock thats just near it. When it stops and is about to deagro, recast on it and continue kiting. RDM used Bliz 3 and Bio till was out of MP then NIN took over with NI: Nukes while RDM rested. NI: Nukes actually did pretty decent damage, with a mild INT build and staves. About 150-180 unresisted (which with the lolgear I was wearing was about 70% of the time.) Took a an hour or so once we really got going, but was really fun.

Its a pretty wild NM. I tried to just straight tank it but its ACC is insane, even on NIN/DNC with full evasion it wasnt missing all that much. Then when it hits it has 120dmg/tic poison that just rapes you in a few seconds.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-16 11:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celestinia said:
Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
God i'm starting to get annoyed, what the *** was SE thinking when they implemented these dumb *** NMs? I've killed the same few at least 6 times each and not a god damn thing has dropped from them, hell person in my LS has camped Chonchon non stop for that headlong belt and so far he is 0/10 while everyone else is 1/1, is it just some kine of "*** this character out of everything while someone else gets it instead" system or something?
0/5 on my beetle NM in east altepa with TH1... its driving me insane cus it takes hours to pop, was there for 8 hours yesterday camping it and nothing... D= Ended up trying to unlock Drakesbane to pass the time, I think theres only 2 thunder corals on our server total -.-
Cel O_O I think you're in the wrong zone!! My guide says West Altepa Desert, not East....?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-16 11:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna add a NM! Amarita in East Ronf... It kicked my level 6 bst's *** last night.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-16 11:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Okies, updated :)
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-16 11:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Cel O_O I think you're in the wrong zone!! My guide says West Altepa Desert, not East....?

Its definitly East Altepa ^^
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-16 11:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celestinia said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Its definitly East Altepa ^^
XD okay then :)
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-16 11:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Aye, there's a place for everything, and this isn't it. Anyway, let's see how smn goes about soloing Chelicerata. Chigoe NM mixed in withe marlboro and tigers at K-9 in Waj. Has the usual stupidly fast attack speed of a chigoe, but hit me for about 150 with cocoon, 200 without. Actually, smn would probably own that too provided your avatar attacks it before it kills you with one triple attack round <_< Additional effect of slow, but that's kinda meh.
As long as the SMN can pull it out of the way of aggro, then yeah, it should be easy to solo.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-16 11:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Aye, there's a place for everything, and this isn't it.

Anyway, let's see how smn goes about soloing Chelicerata. Chigoe NM mixed in withe marlboro and tigers at K-9 in Waj. Has the usual stupidly fast attack speed of a chigoe, but hit me for about 150 with cocoon, 200 without. Actually, smn would probably own that too provided your avatar attacks it before it kills you with one triple attack round <_<

Additional effect of slow, but that's kinda meh.
If it's anything like the Mire map chigoe with the enaspir attack, I solo'd him on my smn
Totally different. I solo'd that chigre the way blus are supposed to solo stuff, straight up and all out. This one. ***.

The first time I tried I disseveremented it, ran away, waited for it to deaggro, re-applied buffs, waited for poison to wear then quickly re-agrod and repeated. Got it down to about 50% in pretty short time, but then I just couldn't get away and it wouldn't deagro, it was right on my *** so I tried a head butt, which missed, and I died <_<.

Round 2, blu/rdm, protect II, phalanx, Genbu's Shield and cocoon (DEF 454) got the damage down to just over 100 per hit, but that's still way too much. Only managed to deagro it once, it was almost back to it's pop when it lost poison, so I started again and kited it all the way to the Olduum warp (had 111HP left at this stage), made up a bit of ground by jumping off the small ledge and around the olduum platform, jumped on a choco, and the little *** was STILL after me! Almost got me too lol, I kited it on chocobo halfway back down the colibri tunnel before it finally stopped chasing me.

Moves at exactly +12% I'd say, kept right on my *** the whole way, kinda surprised it didn't hit me tbh, only made up a tiny bit of ground on the sharp corners. I'm giving up, try it on smn lol.

Edit@ Korpg: My concern would be that it would chew through your avatars too fast. I'm not sure you could get 50' away before it killed them, and it would probably be on you before you finished casting. Genuinely interested to see if smn can solo though. Blu CAN solo it, I'm sure of that, but takes luck for it to deagro fast enough I think.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-16 11:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
jumped on a choco, and the little *** was STILL after me! Almost got me too lol, I kited it on chocobo halfway back down the colibri tunnel before it finally stopped chasing me.
This made me lol=D Running away from a NM by hopping on choco! Pure win.
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2009-11-16 11:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding another discovery i made.

This information is on wiki (i wrote most of the article) Toxic Tamlyn pops at (G-8) in Pashhow Marshlands every hour and exclusively only during Rainy weather.

She casts Bio II fairly frequently (Every 30 seconds or so) so i think she is a Dark Knight maybe.

Went 1/3 on Mahogany Heartwood (Used to make Tracker's Bow/+1).
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-11-16 12:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
jumped on a choco, and the little *** was STILL after me! Almost got me too lol, I kited it on chocobo halfway back down the colibri tunnel before it finally stopped chasing me.

could of tried Regurgitation? might of been able to diss. regurg and then run away while its bound?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-16 12:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
Blazza said:

could of tried Regurgitation? might of been able to diss. regurg and then run away while its bound?
I'm just assuming that all of these new NMs are immune to bind, so many reports of it, and every one I've killed personally has been (if I've tried it). But anyway, In order to get regurgitation off I'd have to start casting it the moment it agro'd. Even casting Disseverement the moment it agro'd with full buffs, I'd be half dead before I got away lol.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-18 07:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i wish i had all this -perp gear. i'd be tempted to try some of these harder nms.
i was with 2 smns yesterday at the chigoe nm that drops shiva's shoes and that nm was pretty stupid. though, i was on thf, and got firaga3'd with 2 normal chiggers hitting me. was not fun;; took almost 1k lol.
no drop when they killed it. it seemed pretty easy, but since it pops next to two chigoes it is hard to pull it alone. i'm too scurred to try. plus a smn said he was 0/25.
/sadpanda
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-18 10:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated :)
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-18 10:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, if I get bored enough, I might start browsing the New Items Added page to check out the comments in order to gather more information, like on the Nous Arbalest page.