The God-send Of This Update. The Chat Filter.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The god-send of this update. The Chat Filter.
The god-send of this update. The Chat Filter.
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-09 23:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of exciting updates poured in today, SMN, RNG and BSTs with there new toys, tons of new nm's to play with, and of course the las add on. but I think I found the best one, at least my personal favorite. The Chat Filter.

When I logged on today, I put it on as soon as I could, and had an odd feeling by the end of the day...

I wasn't bothered once, not once. No little tell telling me that my account is stolen, and I need to log into a fake website and give all my information to them, no more tells about damn gold, no more adverts at all. Perfect silence.

Before one of you go off and say it, I know they will find away around it, its there job, but now its SE's job to keep it up-to-date and keep them muted.

So finaly, RMT's and other adverts.

AND STAY OUT! :o
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Aerokii
Server: Gilgamesh
user: aerokii
By Gilgamesh.Aerokii 2009-11-09 23:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When I try and be reasonable about it, I know it's only a minor annoyance, and letting myself get troubled over it seems silly when it's nothing but some annoying lines of text every once in a while.

But damn is it nice to see it gone. Son of a mother am I happy about this chat filter, I was getting a tell every ten to fifteen minutes between brogame and pcgamerusa or whatever they are. It was maddening. My mood's actually a small bit better when I play knowing I won't get any more of those for a while.

[+]
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2009-11-09 23:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

HOORAY!!!

now they just need to make a slight update that makes the Xbox360 version of this game try to not force itself to load EVERY character present in Besieged... so we all freeze less... lol
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-09 23:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Aerokii said:
When I try and be reasonable about it, I know it's only a minor annoyance, and letting myself get troubled over it seems silly when it's nothing but some annoying lines of text every once in a while. But damn is it nice to see it gone. Son of a mother am I happy about this chat filter, I was getting a tell every ten to fifteen minutes between brogame and pcgamerusa or whatever they are. It was maddening. My mood's actually a small bit better when I play knowing I won't get any more of those for a while.

I agree, but I know on Phoenix I have been harrased pretty bad as of late, getting around up to 15 tells per hour. My better half is also getting around the same bullcrap as I lol. But now its so peaceful. :3
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-11-09 23:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just worried that it could potentially filter out non spam /tells, like if someone talks a lot to you at once.
[+]
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2009-11-09 23:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
I'm just worried that it could potentially filter out non spam /tells, like if someone talks a lot to you at once.

Well from the screen shots is says "..judged to be spam"

so it probably looks for certain keywords that RMTs or fake GMs would use?
would be my guess
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-09 23:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Keywords like brogame are probably blocked, and so on, or maybe the famous 1Mil for 24 bucks, use BR74 and get 5% off! come on!

I'd laugh if SE blocked people using "come on!"
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2009-11-10 00:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

surely they have the "Bouns coupon code" in there somewhere
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-10 00:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They will probably release the information in a few days, I'm debating asking a GM or calling though.
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-11-10 00:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Xeonerable said:
HOORAY!!!

now they just need to make a slight update that makes the Xbox360 version of this game try to not force itself to load EVERY character present in Besieged... so we all freeze less... lol

Solution: Get the game for something other than failbox then sell your failbox and buy a better system.
[+]
 Bismarck.Saleam
Server: Bismarck
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-10 00:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

testimony to how useless a player I was. Never even got a tell from the spam bots =[
 Asura.Azrael
Server: Asura
user: Azrael
By Asura.Azrael 2009-11-10 00:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably because your name begins with S. People who have character names beginning with A, B, and C receive many more spam /tells than those with letters near the end of the alphabet.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-11-10 01:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azrael said:
It's probably because your name begins with S. People who have character names beginning with A, B, and C receive many more spam /tells than those with letters near the end of the alphabet.

suckers.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-11-10 01:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Best part of this update is knowing Xarcabard [S] is ***now.
[+]
 Fairy.Deist
Server: Fairy
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2009-11-10 01:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Best part of this update is knowing Xarcabard [S] is ***now.

Wow, now I wonder what they would say about that.
"Well, you got there didn't you? Not our fault you died after. We did say you would ARRIVE safely."
 Fairy.Deist
Server: Fairy
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2009-11-10 01:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I never got troubled by the RMt tells. Sure I got them - but they never really bothered me.
Now I am curious however - if something like this would be judging by the filtering out certain phrases or in fact the frequency of the tells being sent.

Because if it was the second - could you picture trying to make a party. Asking AFK people, so you move to the next, and the next and the next - then BAM.

"You can no longer send anymore tells - spammer."
 Odin.Gabronth
Server: Odin
user: gabronth
By Odin.Gabronth 2009-11-10 01:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Xeonerable said:
HOORAY!!!

they cant do that xbox wasnt ment to send/receive that much data therefor it locks up. wich is why ppl need to stop saying se needs to fix it as its an xbox issue.. and yes i play on xbox if u dont want to freeze in besiged then do this... /names turn on filters and turn off effects also when the mega boss pops get as far away from the main hall as u can or u will lock up for sure.

Fenrir.Xeonerable said:

Solution: Get the game for something other than failbox then sell your failbox and buy a better system.

as for you why would give a solution by saying get somthing different thats just plain stupid. give some advise or shut it
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-10 01:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not receive a single spam tell today once logged in and filter on. THANK YOU SE.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-10 02:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Deist said:
I never got troubled by the RMt tells. Sure I got them - but they never really bothered me. Now I am curious however - if something like this would be judging by the filtering out certain phrases or in fact the frequency of the tells being sent. Because if it was the second - could you picture trying to make a party. Asking AFK people, so you move to the next, and the next and the next - then BAM. "You can no longer send anymore tells - spammer."

I could be wrong but I don't think that would happen to you, RMT's would go /sea all 75 a and do all there tells, then /sea all 75 b, and so on. One thing you could try is get a friend of yours to go in the MH, and you put the /shout filter on, and have them shout stupid stuff in your MH and see what is filtered and what is not.

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
I did not receive a single spam tell today once logged in and filter on. THANK YOU SE.

*Highfive*
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-10 03:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

no more rmt tells when bahamut eventually opens!
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-11-10 03:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

@stan
There will be server mergers before they open Odin/Bahamut.
 Kujata.Panjabi
Server: Kujata
user: Panjabi
By Kujata.Panjabi 2009-11-10 03:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

sadly the new filters dont really work. i disabled chatmon plugin to test it and got obvious rmt tells. so i wont rely on it as good filter. i still prefer chatmon to keep me safe from any spam.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-10 03:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Panjabi said:
sadly the new filters dont really work. i disabled chatmon plugin to test it and got obvious rmt tells. so i wont rely on it as good filter. i still prefer chatmon to keep me safe from any spam.

I find that very strange, both me and the better half were harrased day to day with them, and so far none at all, ill update this if that changes at all. I hope to god they havent figured out a way to get past it already.

Really wish we knew how it worked.
 Shiva.Easygermany
By Shiva.Easygermany 2009-11-10 06:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The Chat Filter is the from Update. All Xbox360 User can now enjoy the Game without Brogame etc. We had no Chance to Install a Third Party Chat Filter for RMT Spam.

I got Yesterday no RMT Tells and i hope it works after next Fix Update for SMN.
 Phoenix.Lazuras
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2009-11-10 06:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Panjabi said:

Maybe you didn't turn it on?
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-11-10 06:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Some friends and I played around with this, sending RMT tells to each other but only 1 guy got blocked by it. It's definitely not 100%.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-10 06:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Might have something as well to do with how many hours you have played, tells may get past if they know your not a new player.
 Unicorn.Uematsu
Server: Unicorn
user: uematsi
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-11-10 07:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Unlike the title of this thread says, this is infact one of SE's countless blunders and is and should be regarded as a complete and utter *** failure.

Thank You SE for making sure i keep the faith in your ability to fail at simple basic programming skills.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-10 07:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Uematsu said:
Unlike the title of this thread says, this is infact one of SE's countless blunders and is and should be regarded as a complete and utter *** failure. Thank You SE for making sure i keep the faith in your ability to fail at simple basic programming skills.

I use to get harrased (as well as my girlfriend) many times each day, we have been online since the update (mule mode) and not gained one tell at all. This may sound odd, and I do not mean to offend you, but are you sure you turned it on?
First Page 2