The God-send Of This Update. The Chat Filter.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The god-send of this update. The Chat Filter.
The god-send of this update. The Chat Filter.
 Unicorn.Uematsu
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: uematsi
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-11-10 07:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darkovercast said:
Unicorn.Uematsu said:
Unlike the title of this thread says, this is infact one of SE's countless blunders and is and should be regarded as a complete and utter *** failure. Thank You SE for making sure i keep the faith in your ability to fail at simple basic programming skills.

I use to get harrased (as well as my girlfriend) many times each day, we have been online since the update (mule mode) and not gained one tell at all. This may sound odd, and I do not mean to offend you, but are you sure you turned it on?

Well... I turned it on earlier and got many tells. Since i have turned it off and have not received one. Maybe RMT have the day off. To note if i have not received any with it off then those with it on will not either. Heh
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-10 07:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Uematsu said:
Phoenix.Darkovercast said:
Unicorn.Uematsu said:
Unlike the title of this thread says, this is infact one of SE's countless blunders and is and should be regarded as a complete and utter *** failure. Thank You SE for making sure i keep the faith in your ability to fail at simple basic programming skills.
I use to get harrased (as well as my girlfriend) many times each day, we have been online since the update (mule mode) and not gained one tell at all. This may sound odd, and I do not mean to offend you, but are you sure you turned it on?
Well... I turned it on earlier and got many tells. Since i have turned it off and have not received one. Maybe RMT have the day off. To note if i have not received any with it off then those with it on will not either. Heh

Must be backwards day, thats messed up O.o
 Unicorn.Uematsu
user: uematsi
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-11-10 07:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel i should go in depth.

These fail because:
1- RMT's will use different words.
2- They will have to add words that will screw over receiving normal tells cause rmts will use those words.
3- MAINLY BECAUSE: huh? tell filter when they could of made trial accounts not send tells <like wow>, limit tells per day/hour, or not be able to repeat same tell every X tells/day/hour. But nope they made a sure fire fail chat filter. GOOD JOB SE!
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-10 07:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be too quick to say how amazing this is. I tested it out with a few friends (on and off my FList) duplicating exact /tells I have recieved from RMTs. Nothing was blocked. You might have not got any yesterday because the RMT have to update their systems too. One connection shared by a bunch of little chinese dudes in one room might take a long time to update.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-10 07:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Double Post fail!
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-10 07:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Uematsu said:
I feel i should go in depth. These fail because: 1- RMT's will use different words. 2- They will have to add words that will screw over receiving normal tells cause rmts will use those words. 3- MAINLY BECAUSE: huh? tell filter when they could of made trial accounts not send tells <LIKE wow>, limit tells per day/hour, or not be able to repeat same tell every X tells/day/hour. But nope they made a sure fire fail chat filter. GOOD JOB SE!

Yes I was thinking the same thing too about the last part, there all trial accounts why not just remove the tell function from new player, but I guess they probably thing that would be rude to new players. Though when you think about it, are they not keeping IP addresses from RMT /tells who do get banned?

Your situation confuses me lol, where I have been harrased so much by them, and now living in RMT tell free live (for now, will update if anything changes) and somehow you still get them. /shrugs we will know more as more information is released, they didn't even tell us how it works yet. ;_;
 Phoenix.Lucasta
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2009-11-10 07:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt SE will be releasing any info on how exactly their new chat filter works. As soon as its known how it works any RMT that were actually getting blocked will adjust their methods accordingly. You can probably bank on never really knowing how it works.

You cant knock SE for finally doing something to address this problem and so far, save for a few disgruntled skeptics that probably think every new idea is a bad one, most of the feedback has been good. But you can also bank on the RMT figuring this thing out in due time anyway regardless of any released info or not so get ready for more spam once that happens.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-10 07:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lucasta said:
I doubt SE will be releasing any info on how exactly their new chat filter works. As soon as its known how it works any RMT that were actually getting blocked will adjust their methods accordingly. You can probably bank on never really knowing how it works. You cant knock SE for finally doing something to address this problem and so far, save for a few disgrunted skeptics that probably think every new idea is a bad one, most of the feedback has been good. But you can also bank on the RMT figuring this thing out in due time anyway regardless of any released info or not so get ready for more spam once that happens.

/nod. I'll just be enjoying the silence for as long as I can, now time to bash some more new nms :3
 Lakshmi.Vawn
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vawn
By Lakshmi.Vawn 2009-11-10 08:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was still recieving RMT tells with the filter on. None from brogames though, I have to assume the filtered words are the site addresses.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-11-10 08:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azrael said:
It's probably because your name begins with S. People who have character names beginning with A, B, and C receive many more spam /tells than those with letters near the end of the alphabet.

They don't always go by the alphabet, sometimes they search by zone or job. Once I was in gusgen mines helping a new person get their skull and we both got tells within a minute, and another time I was duoing with another pup and the same thing happened(which could have been either a zone or job search).
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2009-11-10 09:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azrael said:
It's probably because your name begins with S. People who have character names beginning with A, B, and C receive many more spam /tells than those with letters near the end of the alphabet.

doesnt really explain me then >.<
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-11-10 09:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SE could just limit tells on trial offer and end it all now, no new person needs to send 500 tells a day anyways. RMT aren't going to pay for an account just to spam tells and get banned, i really don't see how hard this is. It's a good try but it wont be long before rmt figure a way around it.

And really how many new ppl actually play this game that aren't mules or rmt?
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-10 10:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I sent myself a tell yesterday to try it out:

"brogame" got through
"brogame.com" got through
"www.brogame.com" "Your tell did not go through because of a spam filter."

But I could not replicate that. I'm not sure if it was because of how fast I was sending tells or if the game recognized it was myself sending myself a tell. But I only was able to block a tell to myself once.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-10 10:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Zangada said:
SE could just limit tells on trial offer and end it all now, no new person needs to send 500 tells a day anyways. RMT aren't going to pay for an account just to spam tells and get banned, i really don't see how hard this is. It's a good try but it wont be long before rmt figure a way around it. And really how many new ppl actually play this game that aren't mules or rmt?

RMT will just make more account :/ Doesn't solve anything. A level restriction before being allowed to send tells to level 75 players would be better actually.

Like if you level 1, you're not allowed AT ALL to send message to lv75 players. (unless you have a 75 yourself in your account, so it doesnt penalize your mules; unless it's a dbox mule). Add exceptions for people in your friendlist, LS, etc...