Did Ff16 Flop?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Did ff16 flop?
Did ff16 flop?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-01-18 17:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes because Devil May Cry is a massive seller, so massive that DMC5 sold 3 million less than FFXV. If they were just chasing the cookie-cutter AAA experience 16 would be an open world game for a start.
By GetHelpNerd 2024-01-18 17:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i'll never understand why people feel so obligated to defend this dumpster fire of a company
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-01-18 17:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Says someone that has almost 300 posts on a forum about a game made by said dumpster fire of a company.

Funnily enough you'll find people who enjoy some games made by this company, as shocking as that might be to you.

I hate what SE did to XI, I hate what SE are trying to do with NFT's, and I hate that they have used AI art in one of their games and it looks like they are looking to push AI art in general.

That doesn't mean I can't like some of the games that they put out.
By Zehira 2024-01-18 18:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

FF is where some people may be drawn to unhealthy conflict in a discussion for a variety of reasons especially XI vs XIV.

Like XIII, I think maybe in 5 years or so XVI will be more acceptable.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2024-01-18 20:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Zehira said: »

Ehh XIII is still not "acceptable". It was a hallway where you move the protagonist between cutscenes. XII was the last real interactive game, everything after was just an interactive anime.

Don't get me wrong, if interactive anime is your thing then by all means enjoy it. Just don't expect the rest of us to agree with it ourselves.
[+]
By Zehira 2024-01-18 20:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Ehh XIII is still not "acceptable". It was a hallway where you move the protagonist between cutscenes. XII was the last real interactive game, everything after was just an interactive anime.

Don't get me wrong, if interactive anime is your thing then by all means enjoy it. Just don't expect the rest of us to agree with it ourselves.

For most of the series, yeah, it does have an anime style but you can be "realistic" and still weeb it up since all games are from Japan.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-01-18 23:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For most of the series, yeah, it does have an anime style but you can be "realistic" and still weeb it up since all games are from Japan.
Generally final fantasy never felt like a weeb game until 13, i also did not know what a weeb is until i watched asmongold in 2014 :/
Weeb games are like ys, and tales games big eyes and alot of uwu bs
By Zehira 2024-01-18 23:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thunderjet said: »

Generally final fantasy never felt like a weeb game until 13, i also did not know what a weeb is until i watched asmongold in 2014 :/
Weeb games are like ys, and tales games big eyes and alot of uwu bs

Not exactly true. Being a weeb means you are interested in Japanese culture. Yes, FFXI is one of them. Ya know FF7, DBZ, Chrono Trigger, and Akira movie were the greatest entertainment we ever had back in 1997-1998.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-01-19 00:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Being a weeb means you are interested in Japanese culture
*adjusts monocle*
Please, I'm a "Japanophile", not a weeb.

On a more serious note, I don't think Thunderjet's description is completely off. The ballpark & connotations for "weeb" has been changing, such is the nature of language. The word has negative connotaions to it, but since anime is largely mainstream now (every and their mother watched Attack on Titan), what used to refer to anyone with an interest in anime (a niche thing decades ago) in a deragotory manner has changed to refer to people who have intense interest in anime culture, especially gravitating towards the kawaii/moe aspect of it (and Thunder used it in that sense).

Of course the word can be thrown around casually to refer to anyone with an interest in anime, but then the intent won't be as negative (in fact, we throw around as joke as friends between us).

Think of the word "otaku" and how it's perceived in Japan over the years. In Arabic-speaking communities, they wear it like a badge lol (I'm not one of them)
By Zehira 2024-01-19 00:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Please, I'm a "Japanophile", not a weeb.

Did I call you a weeaboo? I have zero issues with anyone whether they pretend to be a LotR fan (FFXI obviously) or some weird ***anime fan.

The majority of us were trained to accept the term weeb rather than weeaboo.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-01-19 01:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I call you a weeaboo?
It's a shame there's no sarcasm font no more

The majority of us were trained to accept the term weeb rather than weeaboo
That's part of the change I described. Now "weaboo"/"weeabo" is used to denote the original deragatory sense, while the shortened form "weeb" is used more casually, in general. To infer the intent of usage requires context (that's how language works)
By Zehira 2024-01-19 01:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
It's a shame there's no sarcasm font no more

To anyone else who is confused what's going on...

"Zehira" ... in the middle east means... Protected by God... Lmao...
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-01-19 03:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Talks about an interactive anime, plays old school FF games where you just click on menu options, plays FFXI where macros, gearswap and scripting let's the game basically play itself.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-01-19 07:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
stuff
3 days later and 1/3 of the thread is still you blindly defending SE in every way possible

you sure you aren't on a payroll?
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-01-19 07:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
stuff
3 days later and 1/3 of the thread is still you blindly defending SE in every way possible

you sure you aren't on a payroll?

Says a guy with 2k posts in a dead forum about a dead game made by said company. I'm only replying because it's the only active thread in here and people keep replying to me like yourself. You stop replying, I'll stop posting :)

Are you sure you're not on their payroll? Or at least I hope Draylo is paying you.

"I hate what SE did to XI, I hate what SE are trying to do with NFT's, and I hate that they have used AI art in one of their games and it looks like they are looking to push AI art in general." -my words, but I'm defending SE apparently lmao.
By GetHelpNerd 2024-01-19 07:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

so you disagree with the major direction(s) of the company but still feel the need to endlessly simp for them. hmmm..
By RadialArcana 2024-01-19 08:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Says a guy with 2k posts in a dead forum about a dead game made by said company. I'm only replying because it's the only active thread in here and people keep replying to me like yourself.

Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-01-19 08:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Says a guy with 2k posts in a dead forum about a dead game made by said company. I'm only replying because it's the only active thread in here and people keep replying to me like yourself.

Nah if anything I feel sad for you. Enjoy the circle jerking echo chamber. No wonder no one is active in here anymore.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-01-19 09:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah and I didn't want to be part of your club house anyways!~

*Slams Door*

*Stomps off*
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-01-19 09:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Yeah and I didn't want to be part of your club house anyways!~

*Slams Door*

*Stomps off*

By RadialArcana 2024-01-19 09:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The goal of any public company is to make smaller games, with less features, with more linear gameplay, with less replay-ability, made to appeal to the "wider audience" and offend nobody.

ff16 was made with many of these things in mind, and in many interviews the argument as to why they can't do things they used to be able to do or that other games offer (that they 100% can do and do in other games) is money or time. Which is only an argument to investors.

So if you like FF16 and still didn't like it lacked many things you wanted, and defend it as a 10/10 you're just enabling them to keep doing that with every future game. Cause their primary goal is to give you less and make more money.

Ff16 being as bare bones as it was, is unacceptable. There is literally no excuse for FF16 being so low on game features and content when it could have had as much content as Elden Ring, even if they kept it as it was in terms of story and combat they could pack that game with so much content and features it blew your socks off.
[+]
By Zehira 2024-01-19 09:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2024-01-19 10:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
wider audience
They got an M rating for it, man. That narrows the audience considerably, for the same reasons that movie studios try to avoid an R rating.

Also, have you even played the game? There's plenty to do in it; part of the problem is that all the extra sidequests/hunts throw off the pacing. What other content would it have even had?

Anyway, it's not a 10/10 game - I liked it but it has flaws - and some of your criticisms have merit, but those two points alone show you haven't actually played it, and are just repeating what other people are saying about it. Why would anyone take you seriously if you don't have any actual knowledge of the topic?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-19 10:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Citing Elden Ring as a game with a plethora of unique content is crazy to me since over 70% of the bosses are copy pastes of each other tossed into the same 3 dungeon types (mine, crypt, other crypt) and the quest lines are as basic as quest lines come. I loved the game but come on, get real.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-19 10:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy has always been a story heavy game. The first XVI cutscene was probably longer than all the cutscenes in Elden Ring combined.
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2024-01-19 10:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to like Elden Ring so much, and the combat is slick, but *** am I tired of the "mostly dead world falling apart even more" settings - I hated that ***in XVI too, for that matter.

If there's nothing left worth saving, what does it matter?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-19 10:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually found a comparison for this very thing. FFXVI has 41 unique boss fights, Elden Ring has 33. You can try to argue further complexity like "bbbbut some of the 16 boss fights are LAME and STUPID" but I literally beat every boss in elden ring doing nothing but heavy jump attacks and nothing else so....
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-19 10:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

But you get to fight 6 different Watchdog bosses, 10 different Erdtree Avatar's and 6 different Tree Spirits
[+]
By jubes 2024-01-19 10:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i would have like more variety and impactful choices in equipment and stat management, that part they definitely skimped on.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-19 10:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to baby rage about a game having way more content than 16 and have it actually be a valid comparison use Persona 5 or something. I'd even take Xenoblade but that's really stretching the budget.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12