Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-09-15 11:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Taruina said: »
Asura.Rekcuf said: »
forcoloured

You can hate the game but really weird to say this.
Bro Forspoken was supposed to be good you can see their Early Trailers than they *** it they create this new *** stupid SOCIAL ACTIVIST LINERS IN AN AMAZING character they designed, which make it Really *** horrible, so no il not back down what i said, and in FF16 i don't *** understand why they *** force the Romance with no actual *** background they just want to Re Create Game of thrones *** scenes, so stupid
i want THE JAPANESE TO CREATE JAPANESE GAMES AGAIN NOT WESTREN SOCIAL GAMES

and i have recently played starfield for 2 hours and oh boy how trash that game is compared to even the oldest mass effect lol, i am wasting my time il never play a new Game other than ff7 Part 2 or a real Final fantasy.

if i want to play a westren RPG i will play Baldurs gate Fall out Mass effect Skyrim, and if i want to play an action GAME IL PLAY DMC dont mixed and call it a new game,

I really don't understand why they cant just Continue what they used to do, if it works don't break it.
By Shichishito 2023-09-15 11:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I felt it went steeper downhill for FF titles when they started replacing the work of their own excellent composers and muscians that haven't failed once to frame the mood of one of their RPGs, for a american chart song.
Not a fan of certain design choices either, in particular the emo k-pop template that's so prevelant in their last couple of iterations or the tube like level design.
Smells suspeciously like upper lvl suit decissions based on pie chart data that overruled lower lvl creatives.

Maybe it doesn't hurt if they fall flat with several of their projects. Iirc final fantasy was birthed at the brink of bankruptcy, although they weren't a stock company back then and staff has most likely changed dramatically, too.
[+]
 Siren.Taruina
Server: Siren
user: zerich
By Siren.Taruina 2023-09-15 12:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The best selling FF game stars a white person and is set in an arguably western setting. It's weird that your main gripe with the game is that it starred a dark skinned person, by how you chose to name it. We aren't stupid, we know what you are saying.
 Asura.Rekcuf
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-09-15 12:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
I felt it went steeper downhill for FF titles when they started replacing the work of their own excellent composers and muscians that haven't failed once to frame the mood of one of their RPGs, for a american chart song.
Not a fan of certain design choices either, in particular the emo k-pop template that's so prevelant in their last couple of iterations or the tube like level design.
Smells suspeciously like upper lvl suit decissions based on pie chart data that overruled lower lvl creatives.

Maybe it doesn't hurt if they fall flat with several of their projects. Iirc final fantasy was birthed at the brink of bankruptcy, although they weren't a stock company back then and staff has most likely changed dramatically, too.
That actually Started a little bit with 10 from what i remember, but than slowly crippled in their Games, Not only that if you go play a game like Lost odeyssy now on the Xbox / Game pass i gurantee you, you will enjoy it more than their recent FF's and thats a what a 2008 or a 2009 Sakaguchi RPG after leaving Square?
and it ticks all the box's that was the real last Final Fantasy to be honest i played it last year again and Oh boy it was a *** blast, and i am actually even rethinking to play it, Them thinking they will have to change FF genre's will bring more people into their Title is just wrong 90% of us are into FF only because it was Turn based, they will not have new customers that way,
They have other games for that they can Make or remake
*** Vagrant story for a ARPG
*** Bouncer for beat em ups
Kingdom hearts for ARPG
Ivalice Games for Real Time or tactics

They don't have to Force it into Final Fantasy,
 Asura.Rekcuf
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-09-15 12:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The best selling FF game stars a white person and is set in an arguably western setting. It's weird that your main gripe with the game is that it starred a dark skinned person, by how you chose to name it. We aren't stupid, we know what you are saying.
FF ORIGINALY ISS NOT DESIGNED LIKE A WESTREN GAME IS WHAT I MEAN JESUS AND THERE WAS NO FORCED SEX SCENES IN MY FINAL FANTASY OR FORCED ROMANCES YOU SLOWLY SAW IT COMING NOW ITS LIKE WEIRD

Final Fantasy was DND on Crack that's the only Westren link it had nothing else

Characters being white or Black doesn't have anything to do with the game, the Writing the gameplay the Art design is so *** dump
 Siren.Taruina
Server: Siren
user: zerich
By Siren.Taruina 2023-09-15 12:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

forcoloured

the game's name is forspoken, you should just say what you mean and not speak in code. it's very obvious why you typed that.
[+]
 Asura.Rekcuf
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-09-15 12:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

forcoloured

the game's name is forspoken, you should just say what you mean and not speak in code. it's very obvious why you typed that.
I think you do not understand jack ***
You are *** dumb the game does not handle the Main Character well because of its shitty writing but i am done Ranting
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-09-15 12:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

forcoloured

I'm old enough to remember when dog-whistles weren't supposed to be audible.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-15 12:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We haven't seen this much racism since the flionhart days
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-15 12:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Gramps is complaining about FF not being turn based again. Cmon gramps, lets get you to bed.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-09-15 12:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss Flionheart. T_T He was hilarious. And Welsh.
By Ultimaetus 2023-09-15 13:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind action over turnbased, but it really feels a lot of their ff games since 13 are just a blender of numbers on the screen. Its either the hits are so frequently small that add up and fails the dopamine check, or you stagger something so you can turn off your brain and button mash for giga damage.

Frankly I am so sick of stagger mechanics in modern gaming
By Meeble 2023-09-15 14:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
Square has always been boom or bust! Their failures are just usually of the "fizzle out" kind rather than the "exploding on the launch pad" kind, so they get memory-holed pretty quick. Like, remember The Quiet Man? (No you don't, you liar.) For every FF7R or Nier:Automata, there's a half dozen failures that we never even think about. Who's going to remember Babylon's Fall a year from now?

As a kid, I bought Ehrgeiz because it was 1998 and Cloud was on the cover, and I'll never forget what a colossal mistake that was.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-15 15:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
Square has always been boom or bust! Their failures are just usually of the "fizzle out" kind rather than the "exploding on the launch pad" kind, so they get memory-holed pretty quick. Like, remember The Quiet Man? (No you don't, you liar.) For every FF7R or Nier:Automata, there's a half dozen failures that we never even think about. Who's going to remember Babylon's Fall a year from now?

As a kid, I bought Ehrgeiz because it was 1998 and Cloud was on the cover, and I'll never forget what a colossal mistake that was.

Eirgeiz was a good rental though! Entertaining. Not good, but sorta fun.

Tifa vs Tifa AI match with 16 german suplex reversals was a hoot.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-09-15 16:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Meeble said: »

Eirgeiz was a good rental though! Entertaining. Not good, but sorta fun.

Tifa vs Tifa AI match with 16 german suplex reversals was a hoot.
The mini game that came with it was far better than the actual game
By Draylo 2023-09-15 17:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If they did an expansion for XI to the far east... they wouldn't be in that mess :o)
[+]
By Seun 2023-09-15 18:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Expansion for XI would just mean more reused assets with new and/or unreleased music. 100k sales of an expansion isn't moving the needle.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-09-15 19:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Better returns than Forspoken, that for sure
By Pantafernando 2023-09-15 20:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Better returns than Forspoken, that for sure

[+]
By Shichishito 2023-09-15 20:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
Expansion for XI would just mean more reused assets with new and/or unreleased music. 100k sales of an expansion isn't moving the needle.
Sure would have moved a couple of needles around here.
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-09-15 20:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm sorry if this had already been mentioned - from what I read it seems the dev team for FFXI was purged basically? So SE reduced the number of game developers on hand?

This would align with trying to offset the loss of money.
By Dodik 2023-09-15 20:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

"Reduced head count". From 1 to 0.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2023-09-15 21:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They still keep a guy on staff to burn the day's mail.
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-09-15 21:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

They must have fired the janitor lol
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-09-15 21:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

He also has to feed the hamster that runs in it's little exercise wheel that keeps all 16 servers running. On second thought, maybe it's a gerbil?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-09-15 21:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Games like forespoken and Babylon's Fall didn't die because they were action games. They died because they were soulless, horribly written games with characters as deep as a rain puddle who felt like the people making them didn't give a ***. Mockeries and abominations that weren't worth $70.

I think this part is super important, people are willing to give a lot more leeway to a game that bought for $20 then one for $70. SE"s sin was making these soulless husks of games with pretty glitter that cost ridiculous amounts. Indi or lower budget studios can produce master pieces at a fraction of the costs and charge much less.

Valdis Story, super fun ARPG combo masher
YouTube Video Placeholder

Afterimage, absolute breathtaking beauty

Axiom Verge, Metroid vibes hardcore
By Seun 2023-09-15 21:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Illuminate said: »
So I'm sorry if this had already been mentioned - from what I read it seems the dev team for FFXI was purged basically? So SE reduced the number of game developers on hand?

Most of the team left to develop XIV, since that game is actually delivering new content. What we call devs have mostly just been maintaining the game. Occasionally they call back some of the talent for things like RoV and TVR, but our devs are essentially just babysitters.
By Ultimaetus 2023-09-15 21:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Illuminate said: »

If they want something done, they get volunteers from the ff14 team
By Pantafernando 2023-09-16 03:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The trainee one maybe
By Blazed1979 2023-09-16 03:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

on OP topic, not surprised.
Across entertainment, all the big brands seem to be collectively taking a massive dump on their fan base.
A friend of mine put it really well by drawing a parallel to music.
"You're a Metalica fan. You've been a Metalica fan your entire life. You go to a Metalica Concert. James, Kirk, Jason and Lars come out. The fans explode in cheers and applause. You're excited. Everyone's excited. You're 45 years old and this scene is where you belong. You and everyone else are eagerly guessing what they're going to open with. Sandman? Fuel?Orion? Master of puppets? Maybe they're tired af and this is one of their last stops on the tour? Maybe something sombre like Unforgiven?

James grabs the mic and the words that come out of his mouth cause the time-space continuum to shatter right there and then.
"You can dance
You can jive
Having the time of your life
Ooh, see that girl
Watch that scene
Digging the dancing queen""
[+]