What Would Make You Re-Sub?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What would make you Re-Sub?
What would make you Re-Sub?
First Page 2 3 4
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-07-28 17:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

For people who canceled their Subs, what direction/content would you like to see in FFXI for you to consider re-subbing?
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-07-28 18:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on my way back out the door actually and am unsure how long I'll be gone but one thing that's always been annoying about this game is the fact that it does not respect your time.

having a 20-hour lockout on all the good stuff is annoying for those of us with lives and whatnot so if that went away, I'd be much more enticed to stay. When I get home from work I want to throw myself at a few Sheol C Runs or a few Sorties not just the one and done (or two if you hold ki or w/e). And in before someone says "It will make the new weapons too easy to make" that's true but I myself am just enjoying getting Empy gear lol. The weapons are so far off my radar its not even funny.

But that's just my opinion, and this game was probably designed to squeeze time as much as possible so will likely never change.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-07-28 18:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Might just be my opinion, but its not the "20 hour lockout" in itself. Omen has a 20 hour lockout, but you can stack KI's, even if its to a limit. You're not punished for missing a day.

Yes, the proper term is punished. You have fallen behind the pace and you cant catch up. All because you had a job, or your internet was out for a day, or your family went on vacation, or you had a marriage to attend. They literally have a warning that says "we have no desire to see your real life suffer as a consequence" and then create content that forces you to log in every day and DO the content every day or you fall behind.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-07-28 19:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Said it already before

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I bet if they remove the daily content and allow everything to stack up like Voidstones (Sortie, Dynamis, Odyssey Sheols) so people can do things at their own pace instead of required daily, people will return to the game.

Can't log in daily anymore and grind, and then be frustrated if I miss out. This is long overdue, lockout content is archaic and I have always hated this model.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-07-28 19:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Realistically going to take a new expansion to bring majority of people back, no other way about it. If they want to retain and bring some back, they need to keep going w/consistent content. Something like Escha was needed to keep the game going for a long time, Sortie was nothing in comparison.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2023-07-28 19:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

nothing, I am free
[+]
By Shichishito 2023-07-28 19:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of me just wants this thread to stay empty forever but ok.

- Replace timed lockouts with a traverser/void stone system.
- Seperating currencies for Prime weapon and Empy armor progress
- reduces gallimaufry costs for empy +3 pieces
- narrow the gap between solo and party sortie runs.
- quit the multi level random number generator BS (+2 earrings).
- changes to the stage 4 Prime situation although less important to me personly
- narrow the gap between solo and party odyssey farming, can't comment on NM part cause i never did any of that.
- significantly increase the moogle mastery level up process and add a proper catch up mechanic to odyssey.
- additional useful trusts or improving existing ones to breath some fresh air into solo play.
- job adjustments for the ones that have been actively nerfed or left in the dust with gear upgrades or during the last round of adjustments.
- Fix the inventory situation.
- Stop the purple vomit.
- Leave reasonable clues on what's expected of me.
- send the skeleton crew on a game design training course so they don't have to create threads, on sock accounts, on a boarderline hacker forum, to ask how to properly do their jobs in the future.

A good mix of the above,
alternatively a kraken club could convince me to resub for a month or two.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-07-28 19:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone whose only motivation in the game now is to kill V25 Bumba, I pretend Sortie doesn't exist. I have my 7 sets of Empy+3 done.

I guess if they redo everything regarding prime weapons. Make them come from another event other than sortie, Lower the grind to 3 months per weapon (Stage 1 to Stage 5)
More Balance/QOL/Job Changes.

I could go on but SE isn't going to do a single thing. The company itself is going downhill regarding listening to its consumers
[+]
By Makunouchii 2023-07-28 22:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

superwarp working in sortie lol.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-07-28 23:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Makunouchii said: »
superwarp working in sortie lol.

This isn't a small request per-say especially because you'd have to check that you actually have each corresponding key-item.

But this....is the thing that will get you back into the game? It just seems like a non-existant issue to me. -_-
By Rips 2023-07-28 23:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I would need a full-on expansion.

The desire to continue for me is gone when SE says there's no continuation.

That's just me though. To each their own.
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-07-28 23:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point probably nothing. But I would come back and check out an Abyssea reboot.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2023-07-28 23:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

the announcement of the maintenance mode definitely took a lot of the wind out of my sails as well. that being said, i dont have a full ody/sortie group to go with regularly, and i like raiding, so that definitely doesnt help either. i've toyed with moving to a more populated server, but i have friends where i am, so i went with the friends side of things.

anyway, as an add to what someone else said, maybe they could tune content for +/- 6 players, so that if you had 3 or 4 ppl, you could still do sortie. or if you had 7, you could also go do sortie. but that wont happen.
By Seun 2023-07-29 01:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
And in before someone says "It will make the new weapons too easy to make"

I was thinking of something else...

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
You have fallen behind the pace and you cant catch up.

If the gates are removed, the players with more time will be setting the pace and you'll fall behind unless you have all day to play. I understand that people don't like it and it doesn't match everyone's playtime preference, but the gates set the pace.

We got the game a year and a half after it launched so I'm not sure why being behind would even be a consideration. Even 7 years later when the level cap finally broke, only like 1/4 people had even completed the second expansion....
By DaneBlood 2023-07-29 01:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »

If the gates are removed, the players with more time will be setting the pace and you'll fall behind unless you have all day to play. I understand that people don't like it and it doesn't match everyone's playtime preference, but the gates set the pace.

You can set the pace but still keep it flexible

7 entries a week is going to be 7 entries a week. no matter if its 1entry/day hard lock or a flexible 1tag/day and carry up to 7 tags.

in both cases the paces is 7 times you can enter in a week but the latter allows more flexibility for someone that lets say can only play on weekends. or maybes only 3 times a week a static can gather together.

the only 1 entry per days with no flexibility is just an idiot design no matter how you see it. pace or no pace
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-07-29 01:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
At this point probably nothing. But I would come back and check out an Abyssea reboot.

still subbed but one thing i miss form abyssea days are

1: it was an open world still not and instanced fights. Everything since then has ben more and more locked down and fell less of an mmo and more of just a multiplayer with a big *** lobby

2: the hierarchy of nm was pretty well designed. you had +1 mats at the bottom giving you access to nm that drops +2 mats and also gave access to nm that drops weapons mats. it mean there was a big motivation factor for people that had +1 and +2 and going for weapons to team up with lesser equipped people that needed +1 and +2 stuff

Bottom line is i like when the world is open not a bunch of instances
[+]
By Seun 2023-07-29 02:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
the only 1 entry per days with no flexibility is just an idiot design no matter how you see it. pace or no pace

Who's the idiot when you're trying to queue 7 runs on the weekend and the queue is an hour? You end up losing runs anyway. Again, I understand that some people don't have any other option, but the game can't be designed around our personal schedules or lack of willpower.
By DaneBlood 2023-07-29 02:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Who's the idiot when you're trying to queue 7 runs on the weekend and the queue is an hour? You end up losing runs anyway. Again, I understand that some people don't have any other option, but the game can't be designed around our personal schedules or lack of willpower.

Not sure how anything you just said matters in anyway for the debate at hand... I guess that why you skipped over actual argument and dropped to a weird name calling attempt.

You argument about pace was flawed. And nothing you said here makes any difference to that. If people want to make 7 runs in a day why do you care when it has no impact on your or you argument of pace?
[+]
By Seun 2023-07-29 02:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how anything you just said matters in anyway for the debate at hand... I guess that why you skipped over actual argument and dropped to a weird name calling attempt.

You argument about pace was flawed. And nothing you said here makes any difference to that. If people want to make 7 runs in a day why do you care when it has no impact on your or you argument of pace?

It's not an argument. If there is no gate, people will spam the queue and you'll end up getting less content anyway.

/point ambuscade prior to adjustments

It wasn't uncommon to wait upwards of 40 mins to do a run that takes a fraction of the time you spent sitting on your thumb.
By gargurty 2023-07-29 02:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

lower monthly pay would make me come back. Atm for the eu peeps its 26 euros a month for 1 acount with 1 extra mule and all wardrobes.
That would maybe keep me online.
When you are endgame player you need so much gear that the old 4 wardrobes isnt enough anymore. Add in there crafting if you do it and it gets even worse.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-07-29 02:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The idiot dealing with a queue because they're on Asura.

It's not an argument. If there is no gate, people will spam the queue and you'll end up getting less content anyway.

/point ambuscade prior to adjustments

It wasn't uncommon to wait upwards of 40 mins to do a run that takes a fraction of the time you spent sitting on your thumb.
You clearly clearly dont seem to understand that if you get one KI per 20 hours, you can still only do ~8 runs per week. Except with stackable KI's you're not forced to log in EVERY DAY to do the content. If you miss a day or two, you can double dip.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2023-07-29 02:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm super easy to please. Make the game play like it did 2016-2018.

• Reduce required frequency of content, no more daily requirements to complete a grind within anything less than multiple years

• Make content scalable, let me take *all* of my friends in, not just my closest 5

• Put the emphasis back on having a community. My best times in this game, (and worst), have been at the behest of having a large group of people to play with

I wouldn't mind grinding prime weapons if I had *all* of my friends to do it with, not just a couple.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2023-07-29 02:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

At the end of last year till may of this year i was in a coma i re-subbed to help regain my motor skills and cognitive ability started out unable to type now im quadboxing lowbie stuff
[+]
By gargurty 2023-07-29 03:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

another example of how ffxi is played now. Multibox. No love for the single accounts. 95% of the content needs groups. And the stuff you can do solo gives crap unless you spam it 100's of times.
[+]
By Seun 2023-07-29 03:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
You clearly clearly dont seem to understand that if you get one KI per 20 hours, you can still only do ~8 runs per week. Except with stackable KI's you're not forced to log in EVERY DAY to do the content. If you miss a day or two, you can double dip.

I do understand that, I also understand that when people are able to stack runs it leads to queue times. One entry a day for hour long content is gonna be what it is because SE will cater to that.

I think at best, you'd get a system where your reward is multiplied based on how long it's been since you last entered. That way everyone stays 'current' and content remains on demand for everyone.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-29 03:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Dailies are forever. It's a thing you've allowed to happen.

That's your burden now. You should've pushed back a long time ago.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-07-29 03:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
narrow the gap between solo and party sortie runs.
Spoiler Alert! Click to view.
I see myself doing 5-6K/run, maybe with room for improvement, but i also read upper ceiling for solo is around 10K but only with specific jobs. Then i read parties can expect somewhere between 20-50K with well coordinated setups reaching over 80K/run. Looking at double to 10 times the time investment on something that's already a drag under perfect conditions... nope.

If you make solo run as optimal as group doing 80k, you would make more like 18k probably. Obviously on some specific jobs only, but I don't see how would you avoid that. Some jobs are much better for solo under specific conditions and there is no way to fix that.

You could ofc argue 18k is still not enough and maybe that's true.
 Bahamut.Galakar
Server: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2023-07-29 04:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

gargurty said: »
another example of how ffxi is played now. Multibox. No love for the single accounts. 95% of the content needs groups. And the stuff you can do solo gives crap unless you spam it 100's of times.

Multiboxing is an answer to the players' preferences. Check the thread about nerfing Bard. There are far fewer people wanting to play healers and support roles, than the ones wanting to play as damage dealers. Multiboxing is basically an answer to that. You could yell for an hour or more for the healer or support, or you could have your pocket one, and not care about others.

It is also an answer to different expectations from the game that players have. There are people who just want to do content without investing their time in it, and there are those who have the most fun tackling the most difficult things in the game. And sadly, those two groups do not match each other well. I mean, beating Arebati V25 when your Corsair has only a basic roll set, melee set, and Savage Blade set is impossible. Multiboxing also helps with that, as you know what you want from the game.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4