What Would Make You Re-Sub?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What would make you Re-Sub?
What would make you Re-Sub?
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2023-08-01 18:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking about quitting again myself after all the 'news' of the last few months so what would get me back in is SE giving a ***about the game and giving a ***about it's non-JP playerbase.

Some things I would like:

Listening to player feedback and acting on it. Having more communication with us, not less.

Having new content that is not using recycled assets and content that is able to scale well for low-man all the way to alliances. Content that is not time-gated and doesn't have a fixed time limit so you don't feel as much of a need to min/max if you don't want to.

New ultimate weapons that are not made using primarily just one piece of content and is spread over non-time gated events that players can do at their own pace.

Updates to trusts so they can at least survive in current content as level 119 for them isn't enough with how gear and content has evolved over the last few years.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-08-02 01:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Can really only bang this drum for so long.

If you aren't willing to make it change it's not going to change. You want alliance sortie. Stop *** doing sortie. Every time you go you confirm it's exactly what you want. Make the metrics look bad.

While I dont necessarily disagree with this perspective... I simply think SE doesn't care one way or the other.

Take for instance Shinryu HTMB. They changed the content, everyone wholesale stopped doing it. It's been a long time, multiple threads/official forum posts later, they havn't touched it. Unless you argue that their "We're listening" was adding the drops to to Trove pool, it feels pretty analogous to this.
By Shichishito 2023-08-02 03:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume the FFXI division is viewed as some sort of gulag among SE staff where you get to deal with ancient spaghetti code as a punishment. IMHO the shinryu HTMB "fix" was a clear sign that we've entered the spite update era. If i'm not mistaken they even added a "we will do no further adjustments to this HTMB in the future" comment in the patch notes, anticipating people wouldn't shut up about it cause their "fix" was deviating so far from what the community asked for.

I think they would have added shinryu drops to trove either way sooner or later simply cause they want trove to stay relevant.
The voucher RoEs can be quite time consuming and keep people busy for a couple of days each month, in particular those with multiple mules.

With all that in mind I believe complaining is either useless or will result in more spite updates.
A wallet vote is the only thing with potential for positive change, but of course it could also backfire.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-08-02 08:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just go look at the new FFXIV trailer for their next expansion. Mamool Ja lift directly from this game. Tavnazian Tacos. A BOAT RIDE TO GET THERE.

They are blatantly attempting to get as many of us to convert as they can. And the rest of us can just starve. We aren't going to get an expansion. Ever again. They aren't spending more money or manpower on this game past the bare minimum. They have said this openly. They are going to preserve this game so it can stay open for revenue purposes and MAYBE they will allocate people to work on it again in the future. That is an IF not a WHEN.

They aren't play testing what little they do put out. They probably check play stats and sub counts quarterly at best because they have to make reports to their bosses. They won't notice anything passively about our play numbers and trends for at least a couple of months. They only noticed the current situation because the JP forums have been erupting. Your issues and suggestions will not be addressed in any reasonable time frame unless you are on the JP forums. So many people here are banned from the official forums for their use on the NA side and that clearly tells you that if you aren't saying things nice in English, that you shouldn't be saying them at all.

They very much like that they have a diehard group keeping this game open and profitable with things like extra characters and wardrobes. They even make extra revenue off all the RMT that the game attracts. It's very convenient for them to make a premium off their player base while keeping FFXI open so that people can casually play it if they want to play Final Fantasy Bingo.

If you like the game, play it. If you are so angry with the current situation then feel free to play *** around/find out with it. The grab bag of realistic outcomes are basically all bad.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-08-02 08:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Primes in original design were all because of Oppenheimer, weren't they.

Thanks, Christopher Nolan.
By Meeble 2023-08-02 09:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
For people who canceled their Subs, what direction/content would you like to see in FFXI for you to consider re-subbing?

Substantially improved Sortie rewards or a drastic reduction in muffins required for Prime weapons.

I technically haven't unsubbed yet, but Bumba v25 is pretty much the last thing on my XI bucket list. Once my group gets that W or we get tired of throwing segs at him and take a break, I'm done.

Currently nobody in my group is interested in making a Prime due to the obscene muffin grind and lack of any other rewards from spending so much time in Sortie. If they make improvements in the future maybe we'll change our minds, but I doubt they will.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-08-02 12:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
I technically haven't unsubbed yet, but Bumba v25 is pretty much the last thing on my XI bucket list. Once my group gets that W or we get tired of throwing segs at him and take a break, I'm done.

Pretty much

dont see the point of paying 25 bucks just to play 5 times a month to attempt to beat V25 oddy

I would like a pay-as-you-go plan SE - your terrible game can stay terrible but stop pretending like I am getting my money's worth of a crunch wrap with steak, a watermelon baha blast with a nacho bell grande with chicken, and two cheesy roll-ups from uber eats.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-08-02 13:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've posted a lot about the worth of sub vs content, got roasted pretty much. Game is worth sub $20 a month, probably about $8.99.
[+]
By Torzak 2023-08-02 13:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My card expires at the end of the month and I was going to let the game go at that point since I hadn't logged on much in the last few months, anyway. Not to say that I would've considered it as an "I quit" or anything, but the timing just worked well for how much I was logging on is all, and up to this point I didn't care enough to make the effort to cancel it or anything.

BUT... seeing as SE can't even provide English versions of the notes that they are providing to the JP community, I just logged onto account management and deregistered the card information.

They want me to resubscribe?

Start adding new drops to old content in various ways.

Incursion? Add +1 versions of the rare/ex gears from the content and make them somewhat relevant for today's game. Make them only accessible from maybe two upgrades of difficulty and up, with higher % chance in higher difficulties. This wouldn't raise the bar of entry too high, and it might encourage new people to at least experience the process of upgrading the difficulty. Add BRAND NEW items to the incursion bosses on those higher difficulties. New players need access to incursion as a way to get CP capes and no one does incursion because it's so old and out dated and SE doesn't seem to have the brain power to figure out how to keep veteran players doing content that new players need... It's Incompetence. Period. Because it's NOT that hard with a tiny bit of imagination and a tiny bit of modification to extend the life of the content.

You could do similar with just about every other content in the game. Taeon +1? Duskdim +3? Sortie Earrings on Wave 3 Dyna-D bosses?

New High Tier Avatar fight difficulty? The Avatars are a huge bit of the whole franchise's lore and people haven't really been inclined to do an Avatar fight in years. SE can't budget friendly add some defense and attack to the existing fights and change a loot table? SE could even do a "Opposites Attract" theme of the fights. Ifrit + Leviathon at the same time. That concept alone gives you a number of fights to implement and you don't even have to change or design mechanics for the Avatars.

Get off your *** SE. Technical experience with all the systems and everything means ZERO if you don't even have the imagination to get a little bit more out of the existing content.

You can do budget friendly and fun at the same time. It's not that hard.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-08-02 15:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Yeah I've posted a lot about the worth of sub vs content, got roasted pretty much. Game is worth sub $20 a month, probably about $8.99.

Yeah it's worth whatever it takes to keep the servers going from the average population BECAUSE that's blatantly all they are doing. Keeping the servers going. They could even server merge to downsize their costs if that was a real concern and it wouldn't bother me. It's not like they are making any moves to try to fill up server populations these days.
By Ymora 2023-08-02 15:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If they were combining avatars like that, it should be more like how Elemental dots stack. Ifrit could be with Titan and Leviathan could be with Garuda. Either that or pair them off like level 2 skillchains - Ifrit with Carbuncle, Leviathan with Shiva.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-02 16:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Meeble said: »

Pretty much

dont see the point of paying 25 bucks just to play 5 times a month to attempt to beat V25 oddy

I would like a pay-as-you-go plan SE - your terrible game can stay terrible but stop pretending like I am getting my money's worth of a crunch wrap with steak, a watermelon baha blast with a nacho bell grande with chicken, and two cheesy roll-ups from uber eats.

just tried this order, 10/10 well done worth the blood sugar
[+]
By Kazaki 2023-08-02 17:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Non-gated content. I don't want to pay monthly for a game I am forced to only play 1h a day cos that's the only content I am interested in doing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-08-03 11:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
just tried this order, 10/10 well done worth the blood sugar

My Uber Eats guy looked at my receipt once and said ima order this too bro - its my go to Fat boy Friday order
[+]
By smii 2023-08-04 19:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

A unified AH across all servers, and free transfers off Asura for all characters on an account. Naegling getting nerfed so hard it becomes a meme. SMN getting BRD power buffs so it's not a meme.

Maybe some new(ish) content like all the old pre-ilvl getting 119+ versions. Let it be casual to boost the population, it would be healthy for the game and let the devs copypaste.
[+]
By K123 2023-08-04 21:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

smii said: »
A unified AH across all servers, and free transfers off Asura for all characters on an account. Naegling getting nerfed so hard it becomes a meme. SMN getting BRD power buffs so it's not a meme.

Maybe some new(ish) content like all the old pre-ilvl getting 119+ versions. Let it be casual to boost the population, it would be healthy for the game and let the devs copypaste.
Agree with all of this. I hated skirmish but a 119 level version with 135 level mobs and 145 level bosses that required an alliance would be hilarious. Make 119 versions of the gear and make it drop rarely so there's drama as people loot it but purchasable with points you can grind like a sadist.
[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2023-08-08 08:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been unsubbed since 2016, and probably the only thing that could bring me back would be a new expansion. I just don't have enough time to play to be worth the sub fee, and trying to finish as much as I can during Return to Vanadiel weeks is an extra Hard Mode that makes it more challenging. I built a Yagrush during all that.

Breaking News: RtV returns next week, for three weekends! It looks like I will finish the 10000 job points for Oboro on my Kenkonken before it's over.

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I would like a pay-as-you-go plan SE
It's called "crysta". I was doing that for a few years before I quit, usually I'd buy two months worth at a time. If you stop adding crysta, it simply disables your account with no complaints. Best if you time it to expire in the middle of the month so that you can get deeds on both sides of the monthly update.

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Just go look at the new FFXIV trailer for their next expansion. Mamool Ja lift directly from this game. Tavnazian Tacos. A BOAT RIDE TO GET THERE.
You see this as them trying to attract FFXI players. I don't see that. I see this as simply an easy source of "new" content for FFXIV.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-08 09:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not what was meant. More like pay by the day.

You know, pay 43 cents, log in one day. Do your mars orbs etc
[+]
By Rips 2023-08-08 12:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the way.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-08-08 13:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like both a sustainable business model and also a great way to build community in an MMORPG. Wonder why those morons at SE haven't figured it out yet
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2023-08-08 14:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I wont come back until all "1 hr mandatory to stay relevant" events are over, ambuscade is trash I am so tired of that decade long grind. add sortie, ody, anything else to that list.

I want a MMO, so make 18 man events, last fun events made were dyna D and Omen.

Also I need an expansion or at least something fun story wise...

A side note, HorizonXI has been a blast and I cant recommend it enough even with its short comings its the closest to real ffxi and its free.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xalmo
user: Zabok
By Phoenix.Xalmo 2023-08-08 16:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

XI is far to much of a timesink to play on a private server. The schizophrenic mods and devs who run these things bring way to much drama and it will just get worse as it drags on.
[+]