New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ixion Lore and Proc Attempts
Ixion Lore and Proc Attempts
First Page 2 ... 18 19 20
By Penpenn 2023-07-18 06:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a revelation last night. What if Ixion from historical greek mythology has the actual hint/ answer to proccing Ixion? See below post copy and pasted from wikipedia and my guesses at possible Ixion proc:

Ixion married Dia,[1] a daughter of Deioneus (or Eioneus), and promised his father-in-law a valuable present. However, he did not pay the bride price, so Deioneus stole [2] some of Ixion's horses in retaliation. Ixion concealed his resentment and invited his father-in-law to a feast at Larissa. When Deioneus arrived, Ixion pushed him into a bed of burning coals and wood [3]. These circumstances are secondary to the fact of Ixion's primordial act of murder; it could be accounted for quite differently: in the Greek Anthology (iii.12), among a collection of inscriptions from a temple in Cyzicus, is an epigrammatic description of Ixion slaying Phorbas and Polymelos, who had slain his mother, Megara, the "great one".

Ixion went mad, defiled by his act; the neighboring princes were so offended by this act of treachery and violation of xenia that they refused to perform the rituals that would cleanse Ixion of his guilt (see catharsis)[4]. Thereafter, Ixion lived as an outlaw and was shunned. By killing his father-in-law, Ixion was reckoned the first man guilty of kin-slaying in Greek mythology.

This act alone would warrant Ixion a terrible punishment, but Zeus took pity on Ixion and brought him to Olympus and introduced him at the table of the gods. Instead of being grateful, Ixion grew lustful for Hera, Zeus's wife, a further violation of guest–host relations. Zeus found out about his intentions and made a cloud in the shape of Hera, which became known as Nephele (from nephos "cloud") and tricked Ixion into coupling with it. From the union of Ixion and the false-Hera cloud came Imbros or Centauros, who mated with the Magnesian mares on Mount Pelion, Pindar told, engendering the race of Centaurs, who are called the Ixionidae from their descent.

Ixion was expelled from Olympus and blasted with a thunderbolt [5]. Zeus ordered Hermes to bind Ixion to a winged fiery wheel [6] [7] that was always spinning. Therefore, Ixion was bound to a burning solar wheel for all eternity, at first spinning across the heavens, but in later myth transferred to Tartarus [8]. Only when Orpheus [9] played his lyre during his trip to the Underworld to rescue Eurydice did it stop for a while [10][11].

[1] Cast Dia on Ixion (Dia 1? Dia 2? Light Shot?)
[2] Steal, Mug, or Despoil the Horse?
[3] Craft near Ixion... so he can be pushed in?
[4] Cast onto Ixion, Cure, Erase, Viruna, Esuna, Holy, Holy II?
[5] Have a BLU use Thunderbolt (Learned from behemoth) on Ixion
[6] Cast the elemental wheel in order on Ixion starting with Fire (Fire > Water > Thunder > Earth > Wind > Ice)
[7] Cast the elemental wheel in order on Ixion ending with Fire
(Water > Thunder > Earth > Wind > Ice > Fire)
[8] Cast Banish on Ixion to banish him to Tartarus...
[9] Equip an Orpheus Sash While playing a harp song near Ixion
[10] Sing a song while engaged on Ixion using a harp
[11] Sing a song debuff on Ixion using a harp

Please let one of the above memes actually be the answer.

Happy (proc) hunting
[+]
By Taint 2023-07-18 08:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point with Ixion why not dig into the dust filled books of Minas Tirith.
[+]
By Beau 2023-07-18 08:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone accidentally already gotten Ixion's KI?
By SimonSes 2023-07-18 08:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Here come Kylos, Destroyer of Fun, Harbringer of Boredom, Keeper of Blandness and Herald of Humdrum.
[+]
By Penpenn 2023-07-18 08:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Some of the guys posting on here lately read far too much in to things and have way too much time on their hands.

...agreed.
By Pantafernando 2023-07-18 08:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of going that far to find a sense, i think more likely the sense comes from within Sortie itself.

For example, most objectives are loosely related in every sector, just changing one thig or another.

For example, A to D, all objective 1 is based on opening doors.

A to D, all shard/metal obbjectives are related to how to deal dmg.

A to D, all coffer objectives are related to some sort of vanquishing.

Moving on to basement:

Objectives 1s are related to blitzer.

Objectives 2s are related to vanquishing fodders.

Objectives 3s are related to naakuals.

So, objective 0 must have some sort of common aspect between them.

Objectives E0 and H0 is related to form of dmg being dealt.

Objective G0 seems the most casual, but maybe its something super obvious thats unlikely to miss like “deal targeted dmg”.

In that sense, i would start guessing the F0 objective could be “kill with DoT”
By Taint 2023-07-18 08:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not Crits: Tried a crit build war and used MS.
Its not SC count: Brought a Sam and Jinpu spammed.
Its not 50% Melee damage: Tried 90%+ damage with Melee only.
By Beau 2023-07-18 08:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How about NO WS; someone should create a centralized list
By Felgarr 2023-07-18 08:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In WotG era, wasn't the method for claiming Ixion just to throw a Stygian Ash at him?

If I were SE, I would re-use an existing proc / claim / gimmick so that I don't have to write new code. (Existing code is always safe).
[+]
By Manque 2023-07-18 08:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the wall go down in the Reive area where Ixion is? Maybe there is a wall breaking mechanic similar to the mamool ja in rescue mission where you have to get ixion to face the door and break it down with its charge tp move. Thinking too hard here too...
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-07-18 08:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
In WotG era, wasn't the method for claiming Ixion just to throw a Stygian Ash at him?

If I were SE, I would re-use an existing proc / claim / gimmick so that I don't have to write new code. (Existing code is always safe).

I tried pulling with Stygian ash
By Taint 2023-07-18 08:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Beau said: »
How about NO WS; someone should create a centralized list

Only 90%+ for us, someone did a single WS.

The problem with Melee 100% is it takes WAY too long so even if that is the Chest method it would be too time consuming to do effectively during a run. Maybe WAR,DRK with Emp AM3 could be relatively fast but that seems very specific for the chest.
 Asura.Rekcuf
Server: Asura
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-07-18 08:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

NEVER Thought about that lol, maybe u also have to break its horn too
By SimonSes 2023-07-18 09:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Instead of going that far to find a sense, i think more likely the sense comes from within Sortie itself.

For example, most objectives are loosely related in every sector, just changing one thig or another.

For example, A to D, all objective 1 is based on opening doors.

A to D, all shard/metal obbjectives are related to how to deal dmg.

A to D, all coffer objectives are related to some sort of vanquishing.

Moving on to basement:

Objectives 1s are related to blitzer.

Objectives 2s are related to vanquishing fodders.

Objectives 3s are related to naakuals.

So, objective 0 must have some sort of common aspect between them.

Objectives E0 and H0 is related to form of dmg being dealt.

Objective G0 seems the most casual, but maybe its something super obvious thats unlikely to miss like “deal targeted dmg”.

In that sense, i would start guessing the F0 objective could be “kill with DoT”

This is most likely good logic. I tried to follow it too, by checking 50%+ indirect nuke damage, but it failed

E is 50%+ damage from behind
G is 50%+ damage from the front??
H 50%+ indirect WS(?) damage

So Ixion should be 50%+ damage of some kind
1. Nuke
2. Skillchain (maybe skillchain stone specifically)
3. crit
4. type
5. from side
6. ???

Also forget about any very job specific condition. It's not gonna be that. Objectives are designed to be fulfilled with at least limited various party compositions. It can be nukes, but not BLU only nukes for example.
By Beau 2023-07-18 09:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ranged?
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-07-18 09:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ranged?

Could be, maybe there is some minimal distance too
By Nariont 2023-07-18 09:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Also forget about any very job specific condition. It's not gonna be that. Objectives are designed to be fulfilled with at least limited various party compositions. It can be nukes, but not BLU only nukes for example.

While i largely agree, I wouldnt entirely rule out pet related damage if nothing else happens to work
By SimonSes 2023-07-18 09:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »

While i largely agree, I wouldnt entirely rule out pet related damage if nothing else happens to work

Well like I have said, limited variety. Pet is still at least 3 jobs, so it can be that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-07-18 10:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried doing anything with the elementals? Vagary has a few objectives involving elementals so its possible sortie has something too.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-07-18 10:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously killshot with Stygian Ash
By Blazed1979 2023-07-18 10:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD Shield Bash with WW crafting Shield
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-07-18 10:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ranged?

ok I think its not that. I tried physical ranged and magical ranged. it could still be physical ranged WS. i think I have done more with white shots, than ws on that try.
By Univarsity 2023-07-18 11:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I can tell you it's not
"[2] Steal, Mug, or Despoil the Horse?"
I tried all these when I went to unlock THF for Sorti, even got TH9 on it lol
By Felgarr 2023-07-18 12:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Could there be something related to the Pixies in the same area as Ixion?

I've never been on a run where people killed one of the pixies before. Do they drop something we need to throw at Ixion?
By SimonSes 2023-07-18 12:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe steal from Pixies, that would be a massive pain tho >.>
It could be something with Pixies, seeing how they are related, but it would be very different than other NM in other zones. It's SE though...
By warmech 2023-07-18 14:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

im betting it needs to die in a certain area.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-07-18 15:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Here come Kylos, Destroyer of Fun, Harbringer of Boredom, Keeper of Blandness and Herald of Humdrum.

My bad, lol. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2023-07-18 16:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been present for all pixies dying in a run and it wasn't that. So if it is them, it's something specific.
By dalkiel81 2023-07-18 16:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt this will be helpful but who knows, figured I'd mention it.
I have gotten the chest from Ixion once, it was when basements were new, I went in as monk for unlock, and fought him from the front with trusts, didn't kill any pixies or anything else in that section.

My trusts would have been Monberaux, Koru-Moru, Joachim, Qultada, and Ulmia.

I would have just been Victory Smiting him with Impetus on, I also think (if I am remembering right} that I fought him in the hallway just before the first Nakuaal room.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 18 19 20