First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-07-18 17:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tame it, charm it, and then make it your pet!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-07-18 17:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Its the Ebon Panels
[+]
By Benrichards 2023-07-18 17:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone hit it with stygian ash?
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
Server: Bahamut
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-07-18 18:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Benrichards said: »
Anyone hit it with stygian ash?

Shiva.Flowen said: »
I tried pulling with Stygian ash
By zixxer 2023-07-18 19:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe try lowering pixie hate by doing "Witchfire Glen" quest first before killing ixion? Lol.
 Asura.Koruma
user: Koruma
By Asura.Koruma 2023-07-18 20:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

dalkiel81 said: »
I doubt this will be helpful but who knows, figured I'd mention it.
I have gotten the chest from Ixion once, it was when basements were new, I went in as monk for unlock, and fought him from the front with trusts, didn't kill any pixies or anything else in that section.

My trusts would have been Monberaux, Koru-Moru, Joachim, Qultada, and Ulmia.

I would have just been Victory Smiting him with Impetus on, I also think (if I am remembering right} that I fought him in the hallway just before the first Nakuaal room.

Is this the first time we've heard of the F Metal being found? I have never heard even an inkling of this event happening.
By Taint 2023-07-18 20:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

First I’ve seen and I’ve been looking for info for months.

My current thought is to enter and kill asap. Enter B>F Ixion.
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
Server: Lakshmi
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2023-07-18 21:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have gotten the chest from Ixion once, it was when basements were new, I went in as monk for unlock, and fought him from the front with trusts, didn't kill any pixies or anything else in that section.

I would have just been Victory Smiting him with Impetus on, I also think (if I am remembering right} that I fought him in the hallway just before the first Nakuaal room.

If there's something to this, maybe it's something like "deal more than 50% damage using Blunt attacks" or something to that effect? I don't think our group has tried this.
By IGDC 2023-07-18 21:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Armaddon said: »

If there's something to this, maybe it's something like "deal more than 50% damage using Blunt attacks" or something to that effect? I don't think our group has tried this.

Or just 1 type of melee damage?
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
Server: Lakshmi
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2023-07-18 22:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

IGDC said: »
Lakshmi.Armaddon said: »

Or just 1 type of melee damage?

Welp, just tried going in on MNK with my other dudes on COR and WHM, with the MNK doing all the damage, no one doing any debuffs, with everyone standing in front the whole time, and no chest, sadly. 2 of the trusts died to Wrath of Zeus, not sure that matters.

I used Joachim, Ulmia and Koru-Moru, Ulmia and Koru ate it. No one moved/was knocked around/etc. after the fight started, and he never changed target off my MNK. Day didn't change, entered on Earth day, Waxing Crescent, facing West the entire time.

He was alllllll the way in the furthest corner of the furthest map from the entrance, so if it's a time-based thing, it's certainly possible I missed that, even when using Bolter's Roll to get there. I killed it almost exactly 6 minutes after dropping down into F, and about 8.5 minutes after entering Sortie in general.

I think it's reasonable to eliminate "deal 50% damage as blunt" as the trigger, unless the needed damage type is maybe tied to some other condition... but that feels like a bit of a stretch. I didn't get a full parse, but, my MNK gear is still a bit janky, so the Light SCs themselves from VS spam certainly weren't the majority of the damage.

Edit: some other things that might matter, maybe?:
- The Ixion was the first (only) thing I killed after entering
- I did not gain aggro from any other mob on any character
- I did have rolls from COR
 Ragnarok.Amalle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tamalle
By Ragnarok.Amalle 2023-07-19 05:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Could the key be one of the items that Monberaux uses?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2023-07-19 05:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
First I’ve seen and I’ve been looking for info for months.

My current thought is to enter and kill asap. Enter B>F Ixion.

People tried that already. If you you search in Sortie thread you should find it.
By K123 2023-07-19 05:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's certain % of hits being crit and using Rogues Roll will help?
By SimonSes 2023-07-19 05:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amalle said: »

With my ranged damage attempts I had Monberaux at all 3 kills, other trusts I use were Val, KoH, FerreousCoffin, Kupipi, Selh'teus and Cherukiki.
By SimonSes 2023-07-19 05:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
Maybe it's certain % of hits being crit and using Rogues Roll will help?
Its not Crits: Tried a crit build war and used MS.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-07-19 07:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amalle said: »

100% not Monberaux and nothing to do with trusts that players can't do. It would need to be something that a group of 6 players can do rather than something only a Trust can do.

My thought would be it needs to be killed with its horn off would be one of the spawn triggers.
By Taint 2023-07-19 07:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Simonses already saw it in the other thread but we rushed to Ixion and killed him with a full crit setup even rogues roll. No chest. Killed him at the 52min mark.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-07-19 07:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you notice that it had its horn broken when you killed it? Just because you were doing crits doesnt mean that it was still off when you killed it.
By SimonSes 2023-07-19 08:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Did you notice that it had its horn broken when you killed it? Just because you were doing crits doesnt mean that it was still off when you killed it.

Pretty sure people tried to break its horn with massive amount of crits and failed. Should be in other thread too.

I found it and I guess it could be attempts with not enough crit rate. Taint's attempts with MS probably has enough crit rate, but maybe not enough amount of them? Maybe it requires some big amount of crits in short amount of time. MS war using asuran fists should do it with easy, if it's that.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-07-19 09:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If its anything like Oryx I've killed that without breaking the horn it had it on the full fight and others it broke fine then used the healing move and put it right back on. I was geared for crit on BLU and using CDC to kill it.
By Taint 2023-07-19 10:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I never saw the horn break.

We went in WAR spamming Ukko's and COR spamming Evisceration. Rogues roll and Blood rage were used. (no MS this time)
By Weeew 2023-07-19 10:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone try trade a Mesosiderite to Ixion?
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-07-19 10:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you recall if he got any TP moves off? I wonder if you need to kill him before he uses a TP move, might explain why it was more feasible with MNK given the amount of SB MNK gets, although Qultada feeding it TP might indicate otherwise.
By Pantafernando 2023-07-19 11:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I will see if i can try killing it tonight only using helix dmg.

Anyone know what element hes weak to?
By Taint 2023-07-19 11:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »

Do you recall if he got any TP moves off? I wonder if you need to kill him before he uses a TP move, might explain why it was more feasible with MNK given the amount of SB MNK gets, although Qultada feeding it TP might indicate otherwise.

I'll test this later. Could be a limited to how many TP moves he uses or gets off.
By Blazed1979 2023-07-19 12:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

He is thunder alignment I assume so earth?
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-07-19 13:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We went in WAR spamming Ukko's and COR spamming Evisceration. Rogues roll and Blood rage were used. (no MS this time)

I assume you were both doing weaponskills from the front right?
By Taint 2023-07-19 13:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »

I assume you were both doing weaponskills from the front right?

WAR in front, COR on the flank.
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2023-07-19 13:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

It's dark, per https://twitter.com/long_horned/status/1580184873272164353

130% Dark, 85% ice earth water, 60% fire wind thunder, 20% light

Already on bgwiki:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Fetid_Ixion
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20