First Page 2 3 ... 19 20
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-08-02 13:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
And now after all this effort, everyone will proceed to completely ignore Ixion again due to the removal of the enraged basement E F G H bosses in September :)
I mean most were gonna ignore it anyway tbh as some are bugged anyway. The enrage thing was a good idea but put into practice means you need to not try 8 bosses or get kid first and do half bosses. If ixion still takes long its not even worth it anyway.
By SimonSes 2023-08-02 13:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

And now after all this effort, everyone will proceed to completely ignore Ixion again due to the removal of the enraged basement E F G H bosses in September :)

I think Aurum coffer is either from 4/4 basement NMs chests or 16/16 basement chests and it might give guaranteed +1 case, so it might still be a reason to do it.
By Pantafernando 2023-08-02 15:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

And is there a reason why BGsays it rewards only 3k gally?
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2023-08-02 17:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Missed my regular sortie run today, not feeling so hot, but wasn't going to waste my KI so ran RDM +3 Unlock I was missing. Decided to play with the Ixion to see. It spawned in nak area and pulled to East hallway.

I was able to get the Metal F as others are seeing here. A few things I can confirm:
Trusts didnt matter. (Ok to use)
Skillchains didnt matter. (OK to use)
Full Debuffing didnt matter. (OK to use - I put *everything* on him)
Did Empy Arrow + Savage + MB fire down to 25% then locked my gear and savage bladed the rest of the way. (Might have did one flat blade I can check logs)
Horn broke around 9-10% and was trying to ws whenever I saw tp move animation. After Horn Broke just went full dmg and killed it. Coffer dropped. I did get the lock style chest before engaging the Ixion.

I can also check my logs, but the lowest dmg savage blades were doing around 5700 or so. Screenshots or logs probably available if you need them, but more just confirming whats already here.
Edit: Some Savage blades were in the 2.5k-4k range, and one single flat blade did 800.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-08-02 18:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
And is there a reason why BGsays it rewards only 3k gally?

All chests in basement gives 3 times more Galli than their equivalent versions on upper floor, so 3k for Aurum is speculation based on 1k at upper floor.
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-08-02 18:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What does metal F do to Gartell in his non-stage-4-rage state? Does it just make it less likely to switch hand elements?
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-08-02 18:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Illuminate said: »
What does metal F do to Gartell in his non-stage-4-rage state? Does it just make it less likely to switch hand elements?

I'm not sure, we trashed him so quickly when I had metal that it was hard to see. Judging from the way the other NMs work, and the way Aminon's seal works, I'm betting it prevents silence and plague, both of which are likely tied to his ability to drop fetters.

I was on RDM when we fought him and I did the proccing, so the other possibility is the metal gives you a boost to your proc rate.
[+]
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-08-02 20:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI, not exactly related to Ixion, but we did some observing tonight on Gartell. Asylum prevents fetters through the fight, so as I said above. Remove enfeebles immediately and he won't put up fetters. This is his weakness.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-08-02 20:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda in line with dhartok.

Its mentioned that removing poison prevents the supercharged cesspool.
[+]
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-08-02 20:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Kinda in line with dhartok.

Its mentioned that removing poison prevents the supercharged cesspool.

Prevents his fetters too. He only drops fetters when he WSs someone who is poisoned.
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2023-08-04 11:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Illuminate posted on pics that 10+ auras to kill pony and get coffer, can anyone corroborate?
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2023-08-04 12:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we have confirmed that Auras have nothing to do with getting the box. You simply need to break the horn, once the horn is broken the box is guaranteed.
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-08-04 12:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
Illuminate posted on pics that 10+ auras to kill pony and get coffer, can anyone corroborate?

Hey, like Larrymc said, auras have nothing to do with the box - it's all about breaking the horn. The horn has been broken with and without the aura up. You can zerg the thing down using any damage type you want to ~10% or so, then break his horn. As far as I can tell from everyone's testing (please let me know if I'm missing something), low-damage physical weapon skills are what break the horn. Multi-hit low-damage physical might increase the odds of it breaking.
[+]
By Asura.Aragan 2023-08-05 03:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we have confirmed that Auras have nothing to do with getting the box. You simply need to break the horn, once the horn is broken the box is guaranteed.
U try shield bash on low hp or block with shield ?
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-08-05 14:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as info, I killed Ixion 3 times using nothing but Asuran fists on WAR with Karambit. Only trust buffs, no berserk/warcry, just accuracy stuff so damage wasn't very high. WS frequency was high, damage was anywhere between 1500-10k(depending on ACC buffs up, was WAR/RUN using Aggressor and Swordplay for acc+), stayed in tp set the entire time. Horn did not break either of the three times. No chest, suggesting to me personally that my assumption of higher number of hits does not make a difference. I was mostly using weapon skill in between Ixion's own tp abilities, sometimes would get a couple off in between. So either I am missing something entirely or I had some garbage luck. Plan on trying club perhaps next time with plate. Trusts were Sylvie/Koru/Monberaux/Joachim/Cherukiki.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20