2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Continued Prime Weapon NA Review
Continued Prime Weapon NA Review
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17
By ScaevolaBahamut 2023-07-12 14:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
You realize you're on a forum dedicated to a PS2 game, right? This is like going to a forum dedicated to disc golf and telling them to enjoy playing with their children's toys, while maintaining an active account on the forum (and possibly a subscription to a disc golf league).

If someone on said disc golf league forum made a thread about how his wife left him because he played disc golf every day, but by golly, that's just what the sport demands, then as an avid disc-golf player myself with a vested interest in the state of the hobby I'd tell him to eat ***, too!

Quote:
I also don't spend all day chained to one dungeon, because Sortie has a lockout and *gasp* it's not the only content in FFXI, despite what everyone on these forums seems to think. I've got a dozen different projects going on at any given time and have many scheduled events, only one of which involves the "dreaded purple hallways."

"You might think I'm a punk for eating ***every day, but the joke's on you, buddy: I eat other stuff too (in addition to the ***I eat every day)!"

Quote:
There are a million things I could do with my time, but if I'm enjoying myself with my current hobbies, why would I feel the need to seek out something new to do with my time? I don't play FFXI because I'm terrified of trying to find another hobby, I play it because I enjoy myself while doing it, bizarre concept to some, I guess.

"but you don't understand; I have learned to like eating ***"
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-07-13 22:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Moved from other thread.

Quote:
You know, it was mentioned earlier in the thread that upgrading to stage 5 may not have the same enrage mechanics as stage 4, and I suspect that may actually be the case. The enrage mechanics is apparently tied to stage 4 because "requirements to upgrade for stage 5" reasons.

Not you, but this is so friggin dumb as a mechanic/trial implemented.

Are we really still trying to justify their stupidity? There are some deep rooted idiot decisions being made over there in SE land for awhile now. Not trying to stoke a fire, just calling it how I see it.

Here's a small one for example: when SE saw the playerbase was utilizing aoe mechanics to fast farm ep point in crawlers nest (after we were so happy to have CN as an xp place again), they shut it down... clearly because it was against their longterm idiot policy of stifling progress and fun.

Here's another one: the travesty of VR missions, good lord boring as hell. / if you alt tabbed through every every cutscene because it was just just rhapsodies (run around to every part of vanadiel and back, and return, and go back to the same spot five times, and just friggin waste time of life) part deux. Part 1 rhapsodies was fine as a conclusion, but VR was so *** contrived and it took over a year close to two. They could have coded in another job for christ's sake given that work in half the time.

For the prime weapons, why not make them available in 6 months to a year as they promised (that was a straight up lie), and let the WHOLE playerbase enjoy finding strategies and groups based around them and bring about a renaissance to ffxi that might last 5 years. When are we going to realize this vision given their implementation... like 2 years from now when all you guys are fed up and have left?

It would be one thing if the company realized a stumble and reacted. But SE doesn't react and correct, it only digs in deeper to their stupidity of their way or the highway, damn it all, honor is on that table where we formed a strategy that was to specifically stifle the player base using as little resources and money as possible and there's no going back now and we don't even care to. Say it aint so.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Rekcuf
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-09-05 01:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I do around 38-40k a run with pug and mini objectivrd too but sometimes it’s not succesfull like 10 percent of the time lol

anyway u would still need what 30 runs to make stage 3?
 Asura.Rekcuf
Server: Asura
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-09-07 04:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Does imperator receivrs any tp bonuses simmilar to savage blade? High ftp jump from 1k to 2k?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-09-07 06:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

we don't know exact values, but considering all the other weapons, yes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-09-11 00:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I'm a wimp and waited til the update, sue me^^ But not much before it, so little really to add-

1st Bayeux arrow on 1st Scavenge attempt after 4 /ra's in the field. Used w/ Sarv once, got a Recycle proc.

handful of WSs performed from max distance (20') on Bull Dhalmels outside Mhaura at varying TP values, but not enough repetition to really glean much. Will post real numbers when there's enough to work with, but it definitely has some teeth.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-09-16 14:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I'm wondering if Resolution zerg could get back in fashion with prime GS under AM3 with Aria
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-16 15:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

With how strong the GS prime WS is I'd be doubtful about a return to power of Resolution zergs.
[+]
By Taint 2023-09-16 15:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
With how strong the GS prime WS is I'd be doubtful about a return to power of Resolution zergs.

This, Fimb is damn strong especially during a zerg with MS and Warcry. You spam 99999s.
[+]
By Taint 2023-09-27 14:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

(Rant warning) I'm trying to pick a Prime to take beyond stage 3 since it will be a one time affair to make a stage 5.

Anyways SE did some odd things. (par I know)

Like why is PLD on 3 Prime weapons but they were stingy with other jobs? (Sword, GS, Shield)

Why isn't SAM on Bow? Yoichi SAM at 75-99 Cap was crazy fun.
Why not put BST/BLM on Scythe and put WAR on Axe? Hell THF could be on GUN like the old 75 days.

Why doesn't sword get DT II?
DA on GKT?

I feel like an hour discussion with anyone that plays the game could have made Primes much more fun and much more unique instead of PDL vomit. The guy who designed them must be a DRK main since Scythe actually breaks the mold.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-09-27 14:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The only one I'll comment on is bow. SAM couldn't be on any serious bow because it would simply be too broken. There's no balance possible between usable by SAM and better than marksmanship for RNG.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-09-27 14:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What set are great sword warriors using during mighty strikes?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-27 14:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Changes from Relic to Prime:

PUP add to h2h (didn't exist before)
DNC added to dagger (didn't exist before)
BLU added to sword (didn't exist before)
RUN added to gsword (didn't exist before)
GEO added to club (didn't exist before)
SCH added to staff (didn't exist before)
SAM removed from bow (baransu?)
COR added to gun (didn't exist before)

They just took the jobs on the relics and put them on the primes, added the jobs which didn't exist when relics came out, and then did the SAM Yoichi thing.

As far as why? IDK, probably because the bow WS would either have to be trash, or as Celebrindal said, SAM would replace RNG in all physical ranged situations? Or at least be a substitute which seems kinda sacrilegious

Maybe they didn't want SAM getting PDL AM in their ranged slot and using it for their MH weaponskills?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-27 14:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No shot SAM would replace RNG anywhere that hover shot or double shot make a meaningful contribution to dmg (many or most places that RNG is used atm). Prime bow doesn't give SAM access to Emp aftermath, Trueflight, Coronach... only real benefit is you could argue that SAM can be tankier if it pulls hate, and if we're talking hateless it could already use Yoichi so why hasn't it replaced RNG already?

The AM thing is a more likely reason. Getting Prime AM3 onto Fudo/Masa makes it match or exceed Mumei.
[+]
By Taint 2023-09-27 14:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
What set are great sword warriors using during mighty strikes?

ItemSet 365456
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-27 14:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the mighty strikes greatsword thing is weird cause mighty strikes makes just about any WS hit 99999 besides like, cloudsplitter. for obvious reasons. the greatsword's strength is that it can be used by so many jobs. great axe is almost assuredly just as strong or stronger.

i'd still choose greatsword myself because of its flexibility but i wouldn't consider it just because of MS
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17