Empy +2 Possibly Bugged?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Empy +2 Possibly bugged?
Empy +2 Possibly bugged?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-08 20:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I love that it's been 6 months and the pld body still wraps dt- into + and they still can't *** bother to fix it.

Or whatever the exact issue is
[+]
By Taint 2023-05-08 21:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I love that it's been 6 months and the pld body still wraps dt- into + and they still can't *** bother to fix it.

Or whatever the exact issue is

Wait what? First I'm hearing of this....
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-08 21:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The "mitigates damage based on enmity" is underflowing -50 to +99 or some goofy ***in dynamis

Or it's variable is set from +100 to -50 instead of -0 to -50
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-09 08:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. only Dyna-D and only on wave 3. Seems to have something to do with the enemy using player WS on you, as the damage comes from their weapon skills
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-05-09 10:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have STRONG doubts the PLD empy glitch is real and people just aren't getting caught in garbage midcast sets.... There I said it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-09 11:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
I have STRONG doubts the PLD empy glitch is real and people just aren't getting caught in garbage midcast sets.... There I said it.

People literally take 99k WS and it's only in W3 dyna and only with the empy body on. I mean you can have this doubt all you want, but the math does not check out at all. Like 56k Onslaught, no set in the world will make that happen. A WHM with no DT will take like 4k.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-05-09 14:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tanked at least 50 wave 3 Dyna-Ds on PLD. What I can confirm is the 99k Mijin thing Martel reported years ago from the volte NIN is absolutely still a thing and probably the most consistent tank killer. If your magic evasion doesn't proc, your dead. Aegis is placebo.

19/20 runs usually went fine but every once and a while random ***would just happen. Once had a volte BRD finale all my buffs and kill me. Once had a volte RNG Trueflight me to the face for like 15k. Once had a volte MNK Ascetic Fury me dead. Once had a volte DNC kill me with Dancing Edge. I only remember these things clearly because it was totally random ***I never saw before or after.

And that was all with empy legs only. So it wasn't "the glitch". Sometimes RNG is just RNG.

It just doesn't make sense to me there is some dmg glitch, that can't be duplicated anywhere EXCEPT wave 3 dynamis. Unless someone can actually duplicate it in some type of controlled test, as far as I'm concerned, its bruised PLD ego looking for something to blame or just bad luck.

I have zero interest testing something I don't believe exists. Could it exist? Sure, with some oddly specific bad coding but it just seems too far fetched to me.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-09 14:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not hard to test, lock the body on full-time and let us know how W3 goes.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-09 14:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tanked at least 50 wave 3 Dyna-Ds on PLD. What I can confirm is the 99k Mijin thing Martel reported years ago from the volte NIN is absolutely still a thing and probably the most consistent tank killer. If your magic evasion doesn't proc, your dead. Aegis is placebo.

19/20 runs usually went fine but every once and a while random ***would just happen. Once had a volte BRD finale all my buffs and kill me. Once had a volte RNG Trueflight me to the face for like 15k. Once had a volte MNK Ascetic Fury me dead. Once had a volte DNC kill me with Dancing Edge. I only remember these things clearly because it was totally random ***I never saw before or after.

And that was all with empy legs only. So it wasn't "the glitch". Sometimes RNG is just RNG.

It just doesn't make sense to me there is some dmg glitch, that can't be duplicated anywhere EXCEPT wave 3 dynamis. Unless someone can actually duplicate it in some type of controlled test, as far as I'm concerned, its bruised PLD ego looking for something to blame or just bad luck.

I have zero interest testing something I don't believe exists. Could it exist? Sure, with some oddly specific bad coding but it just seems too far fetched to me.

empy legs

Thank you for telling us about your experience with empy legs when the glitched piece is emp body.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-05-09 14:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Thank you for telling us about your experience with empy legs when the glitched piece is emp body.

The point was you can still take big damage without the empy body causing a phantom glitch?

It's okay, you're clearly angry.
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Server: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2023-05-09 17:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC a LS mate and I had this chat while we were active getting new people W3 stuff done. Can confirm the +2/3 body is the culprit. It's amazeballs through Dyna w2,Gaol V25, segments, but I've had to use a W3 specific cure / enmity sets that work around using the emp +3. Effing tragic. Its not juju.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-09 17:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Vespajava said: »
IIRC a LS mate and I had this chat while we were active getting new people W3 stuff done. Can confirm the +2/3 body is the culprit. It's amazeballs through Dyna w2,Gaol V25, segments, but I've had to use a W3 specific cure / enmity sets that work around using the emp +3. Effing tragic. Its not juju.

I know you and a half dozen other people who play PLD all the time have noticed that this damage spike never happens in any other event that we all regularly do on the job, and every time you've taken these gigantic spikes of damage it's been on PLD, while wearing empy body every single time, but have you considered that maybe it's just a figment of all our collective imaginations, and we're just getting caught in bad sets that somehow never happens in other events despite the same gear, including in the same zone during different waves?

Because it could be that we're just getting caught in a bad set.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-05-09 17:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-09 17:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tested it with relic body+3 and I wasnt subject to any dmg spikes. Clearly you're all scrubs, git gud, stay mad.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-05-09 17:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

By Dodik 2023-05-09 18:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gravity did it.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Server: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2023-05-09 19:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Phoenix.Vespajava said: »

Because it could be that we're just getting caught in a bad set.
IF you mean the set that includes Emp+3 body that repeatedly get u wrecked on W3 fetter bosses? you'd be right, its an 68%-pdt compliant ***set. Its fugazi. Tank more, talk less. Cheers.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2023-05-09 23:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Yes. only Dyna-D and only on wave 3. Seems to have something to do with the enemy using player WS on you, as the damage comes from their weapon skills
Probably relic weapon ambuscade too.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2023-05-09 23:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I take ZERO DMG on wave3 in my tank sets. ZERO. People are taking 10+k physical WS. The math is impossible on that. Magic dmg? sure, possible. For you to assume people are 'getting caught in some *** midcast.' Whatever. Precast/midcast is capped DT for me. Put the body on go tank your lol51st wave3, and let us know how it goes.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-05-10 04:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a few interesting additions to this recently. An LS member posted some screenshots of a 36k Eagle Eye Shot(Volte Sniper.) Which was interesting as EES isn't a WS like the other cases.

And a 14k hit from a fetter. Which... isn't even a Volte mob, and not using player type actions either.

I confirmed with them that they were using Chev body(+2), so yeah, probably the same bug having a wider range of possible actions than previously thought.
By Felgarr 2023-05-10 04:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone post the bug report on the official forums? SE does still accept them. This means they will contact you in game for more information, if necessary. (The NA folks just open a bug report to the JP dev team, but they do go back and update the original submission).
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-05-10 04:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like a bug report was submitted in 2022, but it was moved to the insufficient information section. It looks to have followed the template. And beyond, "Use Chev body+2/3 and get wrecked" I'm not sure what else they should have told them.

On a related note, my bug report regarding the 99k Mijin Gakure in wave 3 namis D has been sitting in 'accepted bugs' since early 2020. /sigh.

EDIT: You know, the stupid thing here, is that they could instantly 'fix' this, by removing that piece of crap variable DT stat, and replacing it with 10~12% regular DT. problem solved, and the piece is now a better, more reliable, one. Or even just remove the stat without replacing it with anything. Wouldn't make much difference to me. I'm never balance my sets around assuming that I have enough enmity on all mobs to cap it anyway. Just maybe make a tank piece not murder the tank.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-05-11 00:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Martel. In the past, I used the Feedback section of monthly updates to remind SE to look at bug reports that have been in limbo. I want to see I did it for about 3 or 4 consecutive feedback updates and eventually I did get a /tell from a GM asking for more information.

Basically, you have to write the bug report as if you were explaining it to your grandmother:

1.) Login as Paladin capable of weaing Chev. Body +2
2.) Enter Dynamis Divergence and proceed to Wave 3.
3.) Engage NIN mob. Observe damage..etc etc.
4.) Engage Fetter mob. Observe behavior...etc.

(Our bug reports go to people who may not really understand the game and are simply translators).

Edit: Honestly I think that bug report is written just fine as well. I think SE was being lazy. :(
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Zedoma
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2023-08-16 00:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Some screenshots to add with multiple weapon skills for minimal damage and then the big damage.

The only change from my standard engaged set was +3 body instead of Sakpata body. Screenshot #2, stage 4 Duban blocked WS for 5k+ damage still.

Not sure it would be wise to add the screenshots to bug post on the offical forums since I forgot to disable all addons.

First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7