Empy +2 Possibly Bugged?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Empy +2 Possibly bugged?
Empy +2 Possibly bugged?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-29 09:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
You could have sure but personally I don't think you did anything wrong here. Ultimately doesn't matter what I think, I just found it interesting that such a lukewarm statement is considered hostile now.

Lol, f what Simon said was considered "hostile" (not your words Proth), how should we classify the response to that? Maybe he could have worded it better, okay sure. Does that justify the batshit crazy conniption that guy had? It's one thing to match hostility with the same energy if it is justified or when trying to prove one's point. But dude was flat out WRONG. Instead of just admitting the mistake and moving on, dude doubled down and tried to weasel out of his error by blaming others. An overly sensitive demeanor on an online forum is the absolute worst.
[+]
 Asura.Noxie
Server: Asura
By Asura.Noxie 2022-09-29 10:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The dude started off with making a false statement about SCH empy being broken and he got called out on it. He was spreading misinformation. False, baseless reports need to be called out because newer players read these forums and sometimes take things people write here as gospel.

Then homeboy imagines himself being a victim when he's irrationally hostile and nasty to everyone. Spends a fair bit too much time seeking validation in certain corners of reddit judging by the immature insults he was lobbing around.

I think he needs a hug.
[+]
 Bahamut.Melia
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Melia 2022-09-29 10:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel bad for the paladins looking at how hotly debated this thread is and thought we are relevant again D:
[+]
By Sockfoot 2022-09-29 12:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
some one striving to be the best version of themselves

This is you striving to be the best version of yourself?
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2022-09-29 12:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologized. I admitted I was wrong. Get off my fat Jewish ***. Accuse me of what ever strokes your schadenfreude, you just justify my defense of my behavior.
Once again, on topic: During lastnight's Dynamis Windy Run, there was a handful of instances where the set bonus processed like a normal hit(low damage as if armor was taken into account)while wearing the body, but we were not fighting Volte monsters, just Squadron/Regiment trash and Leaders.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-09-29 13:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So not sure how to best say this but I don't think anyone is going take any reports from you as good information at this point.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-29 14:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

there was a handful of instances where the set bonus processed like a normal hit

Prolly your LUA...
[+]
By Sockfoot 2022-09-29 16:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

you just justify my defense of my behavior.

Not even close but thanks for playing. There is literally no defending your behavior.
[+]
By futalis 2022-09-30 16:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
futalis said: »
Well I hope someone can find some way to test and replicate this Chev. cuirass +2 bug. If indeed the body is bugged, it should be reported. But if the body is only returning extraordinarily high numbers in Divergence, that's gonna be a nuisance to check and test...

I wish had the proper time IRL and was doing Divergence regularly as well or I'd check myself. :(

The other PLD in our LS that runs with us W3 reported the same thing that I was seeing. He got his empy+2 before and was rocking 5/5 on it (for the cool factor) but we kept having issues with him mysteriously getting one-shot in combat...I wasn't paying much attention to the logs or thought it was isolated to his gear until I also got several of the empy+2 pieces and started having issues.

So far we both use the empy+2 except for the body (head and legs for me) and have had no issues in W3 since swapping out the body. I would like to test more but at the same time I don't want to waste everyone's time dying over and over.

But definitely more testing would be invaluable as so far this is the only circumstances I've had spike numbers occur while wearing the empy+2 body.

I'm really hoping this bug is just a regular backend miscalculation and not some weird interaction specifically with Wave 3 Divergence. Something that can be replicated outside of an instance known for its lag and dropped packets. But if it is W3... time to go make a report on the OF...

How does dropped packets factor in this? Pretty easy to see what set I died in.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-09-30 17:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote: »
Something that can be replicated outside of an instance known for its lag and dropped packets.

Indirect impact. My original statement was pointing to the annoyance of the event itself as an instance zone. However, even if someone were to lock in a piece of gear via Gearswap (or the simplifiee method of leaving the equipment slot blank in an equipset) dropped packets can effect things like log messages for example.
 Phoenix.Armadaous
Server: Phoenix
user: Scptitan
By Phoenix.Armadaous 2022-09-30 23:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's the weather
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2022-10-01 01:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So back onto the PLD part of this thread, Sat in full Empy +2 in sortie letting Demisang hit me for a solid 20 minute with ppl just feeding them TP the whole time. Never once took crazy damage. Think highest I took was a 600 dmg Stringing pummel when cocoon and phalanx wore off and I had my back turned. Couldn't replicate on Apex or Locus mobs either, or on any other Fomors. At this point I'd have to test in Dyna, which I'd have to find a week I'd be willing to waste an entry or bring a second tank so if I get owned they can grab everything. Just to reference, this was my set worn. Buffs were just prot/shell, crusade, phalanx, and cocoon. Tried to emulate what buffs I'd have in Dyna (in terms of defensive buffs) and didn't bring a BRD.

ItemSet 387345

Tried Burt, Excal, Naegling for wep, no difference really (aside from PDT from Burt obviously) and did Ochain, Aegis, and Srivatsa, saw no significant damage taken difference. I'll throw in any findings if I can manage to get a Dyna in where I'm setting myself up to die.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-10-01 05:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I hope someone can find some way to test and replicate this Chev. cuirass +2 bug. If indeed the body is bugged, it should be reported. But if the body is only returning extraordinarily high numbers in Divergence, that's gonna be a nuisance to check and test...

I wish had the proper time IRL and was doing Divergence regularly as well or I'd check myself. :(

The other PLD in our LS that runs with us W3 reported the same thing that I was seeing. He got his empy+2 before and was rocking 5/5 on it (for the cool factor) but we kept having issues with him mysteriously getting one-shot in combat...I wasn't paying much attention to the logs or thought it was isolated to his gear until I also got several of the empy+2 pieces and started having issues.

So far we both use the empy+2 except for the body (head and legs for me) and have had no issues in W3 since swapping out the body. I would like to test more but at the same time I don't want to waste everyone's time dying over and over.

But definitely more testing would be invaluable as so far this is the only circumstances I've had spike numbers occur while wearing the empy+2 body.

I'm really hoping this bug is just a regular backend miscalculation and not some weird interaction specifically with Wave 3 Divergence. Something that can be replicated outside of an instance known for its lag and dropped packets. But if it is W3... time to go make a report on the OF...

The packet loss and lag can cause equipviewer to lag and display the wrong set.
By Mrxi 2022-10-01 11:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Our PLD took a 35k dmg Onslaught (i think) last time from Disjoined Galka. Was thinking it was just Absorbing buffs but seemed way to high, must be this bug. Not sure on what gear he was using. Could maybe test in Vagary Deathborne Gate with the 128 mobs. Could be just the REMA WS's and PLD Emp gear though. Maybe test in normal dynamis.
By Nariont 2022-10-01 12:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

do other fomor types do relic WS? Seems to be what spikes, that or it is indeed just dyna-d
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-01 12:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You could in theory get the animated weapon to do it repeatedly

It'd be weak, but an errorspike would be noticeable.
By fillerbunny9 2022-10-01 14:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Armadaous said: »
Where's the weather
this horse has already been thoroughly pulverized.
[+]
 Asura.Nolano
user: Nolano
By Asura.Nolano 2022-10-07 10:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems legit?

This was my third or fourth such death on this run. SIRD and enmity on the same piece! Would be great they said..
 Bismarck.Xagashi
user: Xagashi
By Bismarck.Xagashi 2022-10-07 11:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nolano said: »
Seems legit?

This was my third or fourth such death on this run. SIRD and enmity on the same piece! Would be great they said..

What gear were you in exactly? Looks like you were in pre-cast or midcast of Cocoon.

The official forums has this listed under "Insufficient Information" and needs to be updated.
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59996-Empyrean-Armor-2-Multiple-issues.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-07 12:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why I hate submitting bug reports on the OF. If you don't have precise and exact instructions on how to replicate the issue, they will write it off immediately, especially if the issue affects players adversely. But if you submit a bug that supposedly benefits players, even if you don't have all the information, they work to address it asap.
[+]
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-10-07 12:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xagashi said: »
Seems legit?

What gear were you in exactly? Looks like you were in pre-cast or midcast of Cocoon.

The official forums has this listed under "Insufficient Information" and needs to be updated.
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59996-Empyrean-Armor-2-Multiple-issues.

I have never been hit in DynaD W3 for 9k while also blocking the attack in any set, even on a mage job.

What the OF lists as insufficient information really means is "You're not making enough noise about this yet and we're not going to test it"

Edit: Also doesn't help that the one reporting it was the same person arguing here that something was broken when it was working fine and lumped it into the post with an actual issue they keep referring to incorrectly as the set bonus being broken and in fact not exclusively the body causing the issue...
[+]
By Lilllith 2022-10-07 12:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i wanted to add that I tag TH with Empy +2 feet on and I started out with TH8 and not TH9 on the first proc. Anyone can confirm they have this same iissue?
 Bismarck.Celerin
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2022-10-07 13:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like something else didn't switch when you proc the 8. I've had no problems with getting 9 on the first hit when I put on those boots and an egg.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-07 13:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels like even if you were naked a blocked hit shouldn't be able to do 9k

Clearly something fishy. But as mentioned, if you aren't jp and you don't say EXACTLY what they want to hear in the bug report, you may as well not even *** bother. You are trying to explain to someone who has absolutely zero clue how to make it happen, so they won't even bother.

They have literally never been in dynamis, they've literally never played the game. you need to be explicit in the absolute most minor detail.

Worse yet, they don't know what the damn gear is even supposed to do, so how the hell can they know it's broken.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-10-07 13:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilllith said: »
i wanted to add that I tag TH with Empy +2 feet on and I started out with TH8 and not TH9 on the first proc. Anyone can confirm they have this same iissue?

THF main is capped at base 8. You'll only see a 9 if the Treasure Hound Kupopower is active.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-07 13:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You should never see TH8 though. The first proc(the first display of TH) should be 9.

Part of the reason I never wear exactly TH8. If I care about TH, I wear every piece I have, regardless.

I would kill a VW mob with no TH, then again with the feet and see if it adds the correct amount.
[+]
 Asura.Nolano
user: Nolano
By Asura.Nolano 2022-10-07 13:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xagashi said: »
Seems legit?

This was happening during blue magic midcasts. That set includes the empy +2 body and feet for me. I feel like a couple pages back folks have suggested it's the body in particular? 99% of the time I'm engaged/idle in empy +2 head/legs, so it doesn't seem to be tied to the set bonus.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-10-07 13:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You should never see TH8 though. The first proc(the first display of TH) should be 9.

***, you're right, my bad.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [210 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2023-05-05 21:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see this thread and took PLD in for wave3 today and died 6 times. +3 Body is just as hyperfucked as +2. Took a 33k Spinning Axe, a 7k sanguine, and a bunch of other shenanigans. was in my SIRD set, or SIRD phalanx set (both capped PDT/MDT) lol
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7