Empy +2 Possibly Bugged?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Empy +2 Possibly bugged?
Empy +2 Possibly bugged?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Alseyn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-09-26 10:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
Lastnight in Dynamis SanD the other PLD was having this issue while I did not. I only use the Body in a couple SIRD sets but idle/engage in Sakpata. I use the Head/Hands/legs alot and feet quite a bit too and dont experience any issues. When testing new sets after getting the new equipment however, i did experience absorbs that were unreasonably high. Normal hits and blocks were 35 or less damage but when Absorb processed it would be 200+. However in Dynamis I have not seen this. Some of the Empyrean armor does seem to either work oddly or not at all. SCH feet's special stats dont seem to function (Klimaform bonus and MB2+) but the MACC/MAB/Base stats do. I blame the spaghetti coding.

I was under the impression that absorbs ignore deductions from DT etc. so it sounds like the absorbs you're talking about are working as intended.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Absorb_Damage
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2022-09-27 07:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
SCH feet's special stats dont seem to function (Klimaform bonus and MB2+) but the MACC/MAB/Base stats do.

Stop spreading misinformation. Klimaform bonus works. I don't have time to test MBII, now but I wonder how you tested, that you assume it doesn't work? (inb4 you eyeballed it..)
Oh I'm sorry Queen. I forgot what an expert you are with such vast knowledge and expertise because you've been playing for like 9 whole years compared to my dinky and insignificant 18. Stop acting like you own the game and this forum, take a seat for a few minutes and try just shutting the *** up for once. "I don't have time to test the MB2". THEN WHY ARE YOU OFFERING AN OPINION ABOUT IT you stupid ***? Tell you what, princess. Take some of your precious time and do some tests then try coming at me. Otherwise sit down, shut up, and keep that garbage from flowing from your keyboard for like 5 minutes.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-09-27 07:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Otherwise sit down, shut up, and keep that garbage from flowing from your keyboard for like 5 minutes.

You really should follow your own advice before you rupture an artery.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-09-27 08:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH feet's special stats dont seem to function (Klimaform bonus and MB2+) but the MACC/MAB/Base stats do.

Stop spreading misinformation. Klimaform bonus works. I don't have time to test MBII, now but I wonder how you tested, that you assume it doesn't work? (inb4 you eyeballed it..)
Oh I'm sorry Queen. I forgot what an expert you are with such vast knowledge and expertise because you've been playing for like 9 whole years compared to my dinky and insignificant 18. Stop acting like you own the game and this forum, take a seat for a few minutes and try just shutting the *** up for once. "I don't have time to test the MB2". THEN WHY ARE YOU OFFERING AN OPINION ABOUT IT you stupid ***? Tell you what, princess. Take some of your precious time and do some tests then try coming at me. Otherwise sit down, shut up, and keep that garbage from flowing from your keyboard for like 5 minutes.

Oh I guess I wasn't clear enough. I tested Klimaform before posting and as specified I haven't tested MBII, because it's much more complicated. Seeing how you clearly haven't done a test for Klimaform which takes like 30 sec, I'm pretty sure you haven't done it for MBII too and you just eyeballing it, so I don't need to test MBII myself, unless someone will provide real arguments that it might not work. Ignoring everything else from your post for obvious reasons.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-09-27 09:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

All of y'all gotta chill man...
[+]
 Phoenix.Armadaous
user: Scptitan
By Phoenix.Armadaous 2022-09-27 09:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

He's always been a moron.
[+]
 Ramuh.Spookyfish
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Spookyfish 2022-09-27 09:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignoring everything else from your post for obvious reasons.

Easier not to engage with this tard. He had a little spasm on reddit recently over sucking at Zerde too.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-09-27 10:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the Empyrean armor does seem to either work oddly or not at all. SCH feet's special stats dont seem to function (Klimaform bonus and MB2+) but the MACC/MAB/Base stats do. I blame the spaghetti coding.

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Thunder V on chapuli: 19081
With Klimaform and same set: 22900

That's a rounding difference away from a 20% increase.

Hey Mikumaru what makes you think its not working?

If you have some number to back up what you are saying share them and stop dumb comment about simon. Prove him wrong if you got data to back it up or shut up and stop spreading misinformation.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-27 10:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2022-09-27 11:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Some of the Empyrean armor does seem to either work oddly or not at all. SCH feet's special stats dont seem to function (Klimaform bonus and MB2+) but the MACC/MAB/Base stats do. I blame the spaghetti coding.

Thunder V on chapuli: 19081
With Klimaform and same set: 22900

That's a rounding difference away from a 20% increase.

Hey Mikumaru what makes you think its not working?

If you have some number to back up what you are saying share them and stop dumb comment about simon. Prove him wrong if you got data to back it up or shut up and stop spreading misinformation.

What makes me think it's not working? Well first off 19801 vs 22900 is 20% ? More like 15% cuz math is hard. 1 test with eyeballed numbers? Suddenly 1 test is enough? Amazing how that works. No one takes this forum or you incels seriously. I posted some info about the PLD set to help some one who might actually want it but as usual the same *** wanna be know it alls chime in trying to substitute opinion for fact. I didnt see any rebuttal of what i offered for the PLD set but when I mention the same anecdotal evidence for another set I spend alot of time in the moron brigade come out of the basement. I dont have to do anything you ask or say ,so I'm not sure how nor why you think you are entitled to it. Arma, no one cares what you think, it's why you run solo so much. One of the must have traits to having friends in a MMO is being likable. You guys should try it. And yea Spooky I suck at Aeonics because asking the interwebs if there has been any updates because of new gear is sucking according to the smartest people on the internet. I did manage to get my first weapon cleared though and my Tishtrya makes the best Mystic Boons.
Stating something that's obviously like 15% is 20% is ok but saying " this doesnt seem to be working right" is misinformation. Must take some MAGA level mental gymnastics to convince one's self of your superiority with idiocy this blatant. Bravo Team incel. Bravo. You queens enjoy your fiefdom of toxic ***posts and pretending people give 2 galka balls what you think. Imma go have fun with my friends. You know. That thing you dont have.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-27 11:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No one takes this forum or you incels seriously.

You didn't just call someone an incel, while simultaneously debating over the internet the workings of a 20-year-old online video game, did you?

One of the must have traits to having friends in a MMO is being likable.

The jokes write themselves. Tap out.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-09-27 11:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

19,081*0.2 = 3,816.2
19,081+3,816 = 22,897

Sorry, it's 3 damage off.
[+]
By Masunasu 2022-09-27 11:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well first off 19801 vs 22900 is 20% ? More like 15% cuz math is hard.

22900/19081 = 1.2001467. 20%.

One test is fine because the interaction is simple, and you can just do it on something like a starter zone mob where you don't have to worry about other factors like dINT or other things that change mob to mob. I don't know that I necessarily agree with Chapuli in that case but with gear creep is was probably more than fine. I tested on Windurst starter mobs and it works fine.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-09-27 11:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

1 test with eyeballed numbers?
I am asking you to share some data as to why you think its broken....

But I have not seen any, I quoted the only data anyone posted that seems to show its working.

I don't care about some aeonic drama or whatever.

More like 15% cuz math is hard
Seems like it is for you
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-09-27 11:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Another important clarification which is obviously being glossed over intentionally in a flailing attempt to win a losing argument: there's a difference between testing something with 100% proc chance and something with a chance to happen. People were suggesting that for COR empy body triple shot it should be tested for 1,000 shots because you're trying to tell the proc rate of something with a random chance.

If you're trying to determine if the 100% guaranteed bonus from a piece of armor is being applied...how many tests do you really need to do? Sure, I could've done a few more nukes just to be sure, but that's honestly laughable. If the Klimaform bonus wasn't working then why did my damage spike up massively? Both had weather, obi, and day-of-week on. What was going to cause my damage to suddenly go up by 20% on a regular *** Reisenjima mob?

Still waiting for that evidence that the bonus isn't working. I'll be here.
[+]
By Veydal1 2022-09-27 11:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There were times where I would get a laugh from some of these absolutely insane tantrums on the forums, but as I've gotten older and accumulated more life experience, I genuinely just feel sad that there are people that act like this. Whether it be online or not. The idea of grown adults losing their ***like this is just sad more than it is entertaining. I think it's the complete lack of self awareness that does it for me. Just pity all around.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2022-09-27 11:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A

Not sure how or why you think you're entitled to it lulz. Lemme know when it shows up.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-09-27 11:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

A

Not sure how or why you think you're entitled to it lulz. Lemme know when it shows up.

Thought you were *** off "outside" with your "friends".
 Bahamut.Bizarro
Server: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2022-09-27 11:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

A

Show us on the taru doll where the galka touched you.

Somebody needs to take a pill and get some professional help.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aldy
Server: Bahamut
user: Aldy
By Bahamut.Aldy 2022-09-27 11:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

A

THEN WHY ARE YOU OFFERING AN OPINION ABOUT IT you stupid ***?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-09-27 12:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Projection is the process of displacing one's feelings onto a different person, animal, or object. The term is most commonly used to describe defensive projection—attributing one's own unacceptable urges to another
[+]
 Ramuh.Spookyfish
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Spookyfish 2022-09-27 12:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, this is actually more entertaining than your reddit post.

Needed the entertainment on a ***rainy day, please carry on because I still have 3 hours of the day left.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2022-09-27 13:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alseyn said: »
Lastnight in Dynamis SanD the other PLD was having this issue while I did not. I only use the Body in a couple SIRD sets but idle/engage in Sakpata. I use the Head/Hands/legs alot and feet quite a bit too and dont experience any issues. When testing new sets after getting the new equipment however, i did experience absorbs that were unreasonably high. Normal hits and blocks were 35 or less damage but when Absorb processed it would be 200+. However in Dynamis I have not seen this. Some of the Empyrean armor does seem to either work oddly or not at all. SCH feet's special stats dont seem to function (Klimaform bonus and MB2+) but the MACC/MAB/Base stats do. I blame the spaghetti coding.

I was under the impression that absorbs ignore deductions from DT etc. so it sounds like the absorbs you're talking about are working as intended.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Absorb_Damage
Right but in Dynamis, where issues are being noticed, it does not do this, hence the "However in Dynamis I have not seen this" statement. When the Absorb processes it's like getting hit normally but heals. There are other instances of other armor sets not behaving as expected but why give the trolls more nomnom.
By Hopalong 2022-09-27 14:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I fully expect SE to mess something up with anything new they do, (then take forever to fix it years).

I think I read recently about how consiprator thf body wasn't working very well over its whole lifetime and im sure there are other examples or more valid ones knowing SE. Conspiracy theorie but with SE, its not outside the realm of possibility.

This case, good to see the pld question working, but I read someone's analysis earlier that its really not a great bonus anyways.

I personally have not prioritized and gotten even 1 piece of Pld empy because its all minimal upgrade. Of course 15% spell interruption body to loosen something else up like total HP, or a few more points of enmity etc if wanted to be technically bis. I was super excited but meh, when they +3 ill start picking the pieces up.

Pld however, its singing along nicely as one of the coolest jobs out there atm with ease of sets like yall said, great tank for most/all situations, cleave ability, ill forever remember the brokenness of CN pld ae cleave, and majesty support.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-27 14:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
I fully expect SE to mess something up with anything new they do, (then take forever to fix it years).

Things break or aren't even working without players being aware of it. They came out after Sakpata's set was released and said the DT-9% on the legs were broken. I don't remember anyone mentioning it was broken when it was released, so either nobody knew and SE corrected their error later, or only a small amount of people knew and it was reported shortly after. Most people aren't going to test every single stat on new gear, but to your point, from time to time, stats don't work properly, so it's not unreasonable for OP or others to claim something isn't working properly and it be true. Most times, though, it's probably just user error.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-09-27 15:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally have not prioritized and gotten even 1 piece of Pld empy because its all minimal upgrade.

It's all a matter of personal preference and what other gear you have, of course, but I think the PLD head and legs are both very solid items. The MP return on the head is no joke and unlike Ochain it doesn't require you to block. The DEF, MDB, Meva aren't quite up to Sakpata standards, but the MP return makes it well worth it (imho).

The legs have enmity retention which, while not well understood, is still a benefit you cannot replace in other slots. Considering the fact that keeping hate is the majority of what PLD does, I think these are a really nice piece. At +1 the stats are awful so it's difficult to justify putting them on, but at +2 once again, they're fairly comparable to Sakpata.

Add on to that the fact that with those 2 pieces you now get a (admittedly low) chance to absorb damage and you've got a nice extra bonus.

Sure, the boots and body could be considered marginal depending what your other gear looks like, and the hands are pretty awful but I think those 2 are solid improvements.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-09-27 15:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Things break or aren't even working without players being aware of it. They came out after Sakpata's set was released and said the DT-9% on the legs were broken. I don't remember anyone mentioning it was broken when it was released, so either nobody knew and SE corrected their error later, or only a small amount of people knew and it was reported shortly after. Most people aren't going to test every single stat on new gear, but to your point, from time to time, stats don't work properly, so it's not unreasonable for OP or others to claim something isn't working properly and it be true. Most times, though, it's probably just user error.
The Sakpata's Legs issue was noticed by the playerbase and reported.

It was particularly noticeable because they'd originally swapped Mpaca legs' Killer effects +5 on to Sakpata's legs rather than the DT. Inexplicable intimidates on PLD were eventual determined to be due to this stat mismatch. And it was later found that the DT wasn't actually applying.

I recall having to not put Sakpata legs into many of my PLD sets cause they didn't have the DT I needed . Until they updated it, then I updated sets.

To give another example, the TP bonus on Mpaca head was originally non-functional, and this too was noticed and tested by the player base.
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-09-27 16:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, thank goodness for all the players who notice and address all these things.

Was just gonna say to Maletaru, that I had like 1 problem with mp issue maybe a year ago when I was getting into pld, then I fixed it somehow, prolly making sure in most sets have some sort of mp return and mp is never an issue. I can see a set using the empy head perhaps worthwhile in a specific situation.

The empy legs I dunno. In engaged tanking set Sakpata legs look better. DA +7 better than enmity +13. Is it +13 or +13% is my question.

+3 will obviously shift all this. Which sets do yall use the new empy in?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-09-27 16:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not enmity+13, it's enmity retention+13. As far as empy for PLD goes (not to totally derail this thread) I use the feet for Divine Emblem, head and legs in idle, and none of the rest. I prefer the higher enmity and HP of Souv and can't find a SIRD piece in other slots I want to get rid of. I'm sure if I got better enmity accessories I could take advantage of the body
By Hopalong 2022-09-27 16:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what enmity retention is doing for me on the leg slot or how that compares to enmity. I know that casting i'm not using enmity retention for sure.

Yeah Divine Emblem is solid and should be pretty standard for pld to justify hate spike in comparison to Run.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7