Nexus Cape {You can have this.}
First Page 2 3
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-02 09:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting... Teleport to party leader. Nice gimmick, SE.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/5005/detail.html

User submitted image

SE said:
To commemorate the release of the third and final add-on scenario, we are proud to introduce the "Nexus Cape," an in-game bonus item for players who have purchased the entire trilogy. All characters under a single player account registered for all three add-ons will be eligible for this gift.
Owners of the FINAL FANTASY XI ULTIMATE COLLECTION, scheduled for release on November 10, can also shout with glee, as the gift will be available to them also.

Following the release of the next version update, eligible characters may collect their Nexus Cape from the treasure coffer located within the Tenshodo Headquarters in Lower Jeuno.

The Nexus Cape is an enchanted item that allows characters in a party to teleport to their party leader's location. Please note, however, that the enchantment's effectiveness is limited to certain destinations only. Provided that all requisite conditions are fulfilled, characters may teleport to the areas listed below:

Uleguerand Range / Attohwa Chasm / West Ronfaure / East Ronfaure / La Theine Plateau / Valkurm Dunes / Jugner Forest / Batallia Downs / North Gustaberg / South Gustaberg / Konschtat Highlands / Pashhow Marshlands / Rolanberry Fields / Beaucedine Glacier / Xarcabard / Cape Teriggan / Eastern Altepa Desert / West Sarutabaruta / East Sarutabaruta / Tahrongi Canyon / Buburimu Peninsula / Meriphataud Mountains / Sauromugue Champaign / Yuhtunga Jungle / Yhoator Jungle / Western Altepa Desert / Qufim Island / Behemoth's Dominion / Valley of Sorrows / Southern San d'Oria / Northern San d'Oria / Port San d'Oria / Bastok Mines / Bastok Markets / Port Bastok / Windurst Waters / Windurst Walls / Port Windurst / Windurst Woods / Ru'Lude Gardens / Upper Jeuno / Lower Jeuno / Port Jeuno / Rabao / Selbina / Mhaura / Kazham / Norg

The enchantment effect will differ slightly depending upon the party leader's current location: field areas or towns. For field areas, users will be sent directly to where their party leader stands, while for towns, they will be teleported to where a home point may be set.
Bring a Nexus Cape with you on your adventures, and you need not fear being left behind by your comrades ever again!

*The teleportation will be rendered ineffective if the party leader changes areas in the middle of casting. It is recommended that party members communicate their intent to teleport beforehand.
*Characters may teleport only to areas they have previously visited.
*Teleporting to areas introduced in expansions is possible only after installation and code registration have been completed for the expansion pack in question. This does not, however, affect one's eligibility to obtain the Nexus Cape.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-02 09:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice Idea, but smacks of SE just trying to sell more expansions.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Bluesummers
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Bluesummers 2009-11-02 09:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

the idea is cool but we better be able to warp into ToAU areas and what not cause if not ima be pissed -_-
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-02 09:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

40 hour recharge >.>
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-02 10:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn neat item.

How and when would we get this though?
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-02 10:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
Damn neat item. How and when would we get this though?

"Following the release of the next version update, eligible characters may collect their Nexus Cape from the treasure coffer located within the Tenshodo Headquarters in Lower Jeuno. "
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-02 10:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
Damn neat item. How and when would we get this though?

"Following the release of the next version update, eligible characters may collect their Nexus Cape from the treasure coffer located within the Tenshodo Headquarters in Lower Jeuno. "

Yeah I read that after I posted XD

Pretty nice still.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-02 10:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think it's worthless. If you come on after the group is in the zone or you're a rep then how would you get an invite to the group to begin with? It's a cool idea to help save time waiting on stragglers, but if you can't invite someone outside of the region then really does make this worth it?
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-02 10:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Bluesummers said:
the idea is cool but we better be able to warp into ToAU areas and what not cause if not ima be pissed -_-
Try reading. And no, you can't.

Yeah, it's just a bonus for those that already got the add-on scenarios. No one's going to buy them just to get this.
[+]
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-11-02 10:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

idk about everyone else, but I'm thinking of ENM and getting to the top of that damn mountian without waiting on the rest of ya party. have 1 person run up then everyone else use the teleport. yaaa I like that.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-02 10:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I can think of some good uses for low man situations, if you want to get just a few people somewhere, but not on jobs like whm to get you there, one person can go whm/blm to port everyone, warp home, change jobs then use the cape to join them.

But, level 30 limit, when you start levelling in ToAU not long after that and not available there makes it pretty much useless for exp.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-02 10:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but this isn't really something I'd use for xp situations most of the time.
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-11-02 10:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This will be useful on the HNM scene. You can have people go scout certain HNMs, but keep them in a party with someone at the main camp. Once they are done scouting or if the HNM that is currently camped spawns, you can have them warp to your location.

For exp parties, I see no real use unless they let you invite anyone in any zone.
 Bismarck.Barrd
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-11-02 10:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

so if you have all the expansions you can get this item ?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-02 10:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Barrd said:

SE said:
To commemorate the release of the third and final add-on scenario, we are proud to introduce the "Nexus Cape," an in-game bonus item for players who have purchased the entire trilogy. All characters under a single player account registered for all three add-ons will be eligible for this gift.
Owners of the FINAL FANTASY XI ULTIMATE COLLECTION, scheduled for release on November 10, can also shout with glee, as the gift will be available to them also.

Add-on scenarios are different than expansions.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-02 10:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Barrd said:
Reading and understanding English still isn't your strong suit, is it?
[+]
 Siren.Kittyhawk
Server: Siren
user: Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2009-11-02 10:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible that this could possibly make the Regain Feather from the mimeo stone quest very obtainable?

Start the quest, use the cape and warp to a party member waiting on top of the tor? Doubtful that's possible, it'll probably consider you zoning/other methods of killing the quest..
 Fairy.Vytiss
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-11-02 10:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kittyhawk said:
Is it possible that this could possibly make the Regain Feather from the mimeo stone quest very obtainable?

Start the quest, use the cape and warp to a party member waiting on top of the tor? Doubtful that's possible, it'll probably consider you zoning/other methods of killing the quest..

good idea, but I have a feeling it will kill the quest.
Unless i'm wrong, but I thought I heard that trying to get tractor spammed to the top has been tried in the past.... and phails because its considered zoning.
[+]
 Hades.Cruxus
user: Cruxus
By Hades.Cruxus 2009-11-02 10:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently SE found out that people aren't exactly satisfied with the gear they get from the add-ons so they add another Tidal Talisman in the form of a cape for all the people who bought the add-ons.

Can't say it's not nice but like someone pointed out, a 40 hour cool down is rather steep considering what it's used for. Personally I'd think that a 16 hour cool down like exp rings would work just as well, or even a 24 hour cool down like Tav ring, but this is SE who we're talking bout.
 Hades.Triet
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-11-02 10:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks pretty neat. And if I read it correctly you get it A)If you seperately purchased the add-ons, or B)Purchase the ULTIMATE COLLECTION. Only thing that is going through my mind after reading the description is:

Do you have to be in the same region or area as your Party Leader? Or (example) can you use it to get from Jeuno/Home Nation to the middle of Yhoator Jungle when you get a party invite?
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-02 10:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dizzmal said:
idk about everyone else, but I'm thinking of ENM and getting to the top of that damn mountian without waiting on the rest of ya party. have 1 person run up then everyone else use the teleport. yaaa I like that.

Wow. If this works it would be beyond amazing.

Garuda.Aurilius said:
This will be useful on the HNM scene. You can have people go scout certain HNMs, but keep them in a party with someone at the main camp. Once they are done scouting or if the HNM that is currently camped spawns, you can have them warp to your location. For exp parties, I see no real use unless they let you invite anyone in any zone.

Party Leader only, Not Ally Leader. Wouldn't really work for *too many* HNMs. Might be neat for adamantoise or some random stuff though.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-11-02 11:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This should make hagun ENM climb so fast now..just have you member with Nin boots or W.Legs do all the hard work and climb the mountain and then just warp everyone else up there. It's to bad you can't get warped to Nash for quick Einherjar access or what not. I guess this could also work for quick City dynamis if the cape owner can get to a home nation quick and then warp others.

In the end I think this won't be as neat as it seems.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-02 11:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagun climb is easy. Now the climb to Brothers ENM is a pain in the *** since you need to do it twice at the least, nothing more annoying then missing that damn ledge on the slide down.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-11-02 11:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Can port to Valley of sorrows and Behemoth's Dominion but not Dragon Aery! SE being funny again!
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-02 11:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's okay. I'm not really sure what I'd use it for since the areas are very limited. At least they're giving us SOMETHING....
 Odin.Missangie
Server: Odin
user: missangie
By Odin.Missangie 2009-11-02 12:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly, SE shoulda came out with this ability, to teleport to party members, long ago and should not have limited it to expansion purchases.
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-11-02 12:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Edited for moron purposes.
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-02 12:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

SE said:
The enchantment effect will differ slightly depending upon the party leader's current location: field areas or towns. For field areas, users will be sent directly to where their party leader stands, while for towns, they will be teleported to where a home point may be set.
Bring a Nexus Cape with you on your adventures, and you need not fear being left behind by your comrades ever again!
 Carbuncle.Suigetsu
Server: Carbuncle
user: junpei87
By Carbuncle.Suigetsu 2009-11-02 13:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice idea fail SE.
40h recharge... cant tele to ToAU no DA or any other doungeon...
Fail is fail
[+]
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-02 13:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Suigetsu said:
Nice idea fail SE.
40h recharge... cant tele to ToAU no DA or any other doungeon...
Fail is fail

Yet people paid $60 for the Tidal Talisman. Honestly, it's a small, free gift to those who purchased all three add-on scenarios. Who cares how long the recharge is? As if getting around in the game wasn't made easy enough already, we now have an item that will teleport us DIRECTLY TO our party leader once every couple of days. I can't find a reason to complain.
[+]
First Page 2 3