users online
Forum » FFXI » General » August 2022 Version Update
August 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23
By Nariont 2022-08-10 04:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
SE has always understood PUP.

Dont remind me of those dark days, at least right now pets are all somewhat equally shafted in terms of gear
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-10 04:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
SimonSes said: »
Bruv show me the files I not tech kings like you guys!! What about blm :( it's the only job I really wanna see gear for and noone showing it :(

BLM feet are even better for Mana Wall :D
Don't do me like this :( Please tell me blm got good stats show me the list I can't wait no more!
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/August_2022_Version_Update_Changes
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2022-08-10 04:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand what you are saying Afania, it is similar to WHM really not having competition in any "difficult" fight. However, you literally can run COR in the second DD slot as well and will parse similarly to a BLU if not beat.

As to PUP, I've made threads on the OF before. But, then some new PUP comes in and is like "my pup is amazing, it doesn't need anything. Perfect the way it is"
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-10 04:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Churanira said: »
I got a blackscreen/ pol3001 for zoning into La'Loff Amphitheater for deeds. can't seem to log back in. maybe the zone's down?

anyone else?
Same for Escha - Zitah
Same but I can't even login, all characters, different zones black screen in vanilla / windower. Doing a file check.

File repair complete 2 files fixed were xiview, still same thing :(
They'll fix it when JP get stuck too
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2022-08-10 04:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

IGDC said: »
You act like cor is magical because it doesn't compete with a slot. put those rolls at 2 mins each with ZERO duration buffs possible and see if people invite them for buffs. Leave crooked at 10 mins too so you get one crooked roll every 10 mins and have to rolls 20 times until then.

First things first, the minimum roll duration is 5 min with 0 duration, not 2.

2nd thing: I've been playing cor since 75 era, at that time we got 0 duration rolls, and we needed to 3-4 roll rotation for the mages, essentially having DD roll on cor only half the time.

COR didn't have 99k LS back then, nor 40-50k SB. Cor's primary WS was 1-3k slug shot that misses in high level endgame with Cor's gimped ranged attack and accuracy.

Even then COR was still invited to every endgame event in 75 era.

So yes, the core problem wasn't roll duration, nor "99k LS" nor "40-50k" SB. The core problem is only 1 job in the game can do cor rolls and buff stacking is required to hit attack cap in FFXI.

The only possible way to nerf cor is mechanics that constantly dispels, that's about it.
By chrys 2022-08-10 04:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean what more does cor truly need when it comes to gear?

give cor a 3rd roll

let blu fulltime diffusion like majesty

then put 'em both in thunderdome and fight to the death for the party slot
[+]
By Churanira 2022-08-10 04:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

oh man how lovely. thanks for telling us, beats losing xiview again lol
welp i guess it's early to bed tonight. unfortunate, was starting to gear ranger
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-10 04:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Borked game.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
Server: Asura
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-08-10 04:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

chrys said: »
give cor a 3rd roll

On COR prime weapon. Please look forward to it.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-10 04:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I made so many threads on OF trying to avoid this type of gear... It's like SE is afraid to touch BLU since all those people came with pitchforks. That's why I never forget those debates and the bandwagon, they did quit a lot of harm to the job.
By IGDC 2022-08-10 04:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
BLU isn't a great DD, so what? Play shitty DD for end game content and use BLU for other things. My favourite job is DRG, which isn't as useful as BLU at all. You don't see DRG crying, just still pretending that they're invited and desired.

P.S. does anyone want to buy etched memory for extortionate prices on Asura?

again, re-read. nothing about blu dd. nothing about other jobs being better at dd. this is about their unique ability (blue magic) of which:
1) physical spells are 100% junk now (so thanks for the 750 effux this update)
2) we cant buff a group more than once per 10 mins (and hardy any spells that would last 10 mins with diffusion even).

I'm arguing in this that cor with their unique ability (rolls) has gotten that buffs tremendously over the years (duration and +potency) while blu is not gotten a single thing making its ability any better.

tldr - give us some *** duration gear.
[+]
By IGDC 2022-08-10 04:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
You act like cor is magical because it doesn't compete with a slot. put those rolls at 2 mins each with ZERO duration buffs possible and see if people invite them for buffs. Leave crooked at 10 mins too so you get one crooked roll every 10 mins and have to rolls 20 times until then.

2nd thing: I've been playing cor since 75 era, at that time we got 0 duration rolls, and we needed to 3-4 roll rotation for the mages, essentially having DD roll on cor only half the time.

COR didn't have 99k LS back then, nor 40-50k SB. Cor's primary WS was 1-3k slug shot that misses in high level endgame with Cor's gimped ranged attack and accuracy.

So yes, the core problem wasn't roll duration, nor "99k LS" nor "40-50k" SB. The core problem is only 1 job in the game can do cor rolls and buff stacking is required to hit attack cap in FFXI.

The only possible way to nerf cor is mechanics that constantly dispels, that's about it.

now if they had 2 mins (instead of the 5) and never got an update in 20 years. that would now feel like how they treat blu
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 04:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Even then COR was still invited to every endgame event o
In 75 era.

I actually enjoyed doing 4 roll rotation and shooting inbetween when leveling cor. I regret it became another melee dd
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-10 04:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU isn't a great DD, so what? Play shitty DD for end game content and use BLU for other things. My favourite job is DRG, which isn't as useful as BLU at all. You don't see DRG crying, just still pretending that they're invited and desired.

again, re-read. nothing about blu dd. nothing about other jobs being better at dd. this is about their unique ability (blue magic) of which:
2) we cant buff a group more than once per 10 mins (and hardy any spells that would last 10 mins with diffusion even).

I'm arguing in this that cor with their unique ability (rolls) has gotten that buffs tremendously over the years (duration and +potency) while blu is not gotten a single thing making its ability any better.

YUP
By Homsar 2022-08-10 04:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind those earrings are suppose to come with random(?) augments, so augments alone can be pretty huge.

Please not random.
By IGDC 2022-08-10 04:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had to rebuffs 20 times per event and nothing making the rolls better (no rostam type gear), cor wouldnt be used nowadays.

if blu could do aoe buffs and have them last 10 mins each with a sword that gave HUGE potency buff to those spells? yeah they'd take that over someone trying to roll a non buffed 2 min sams roll every 2 mins.

the problem lies where blu has gotten 0 buffs and is STILL in the 75 era for things (e.g. physical spells do the damage they did 15 years ago)
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-10 04:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So is the game black screening for everybody at this point?

I'd just like info about the game being borked, but it's tough to wade through the "BLU BAD!" "COR BAD" "UPDATE BAD!". I mean it always is, but I wanna play FFXI and not read forums.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-10 04:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What's with these posts? When did drg become bad?
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-08-10 04:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Churanira said: »
I got a blackscreen/ pol3001 for zoning into La'Loff Amphitheater for deeds. can't seem to log back in. maybe the zone's down?

anyone else?
Same for Escha - Zitah
Same but I can't even login, all characters, different zones black screen in vanilla / windower. Doing a file check.

File repair complete 2 files fixed were xiview, still same thing :(
They'll fix it when JP get stuck too

Well hopefully we are saved!
[+]
By Afania 2022-08-10 04:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's one thing to say something like "BLU could use more duration buffs"

It's another to say things that's just wrong, like "COR gets invited to every party because they have duration gears"(wrong because it's been getting invite since 75 era with 0 duration gears.)

Then when I pointed out flaws in people's "suggestions" on job balance people think I'm biased for cor or something, lol.

I honestly don't care if SE removes roll in game completely. That's pretty much the only way to make this job having equal chance for pt invite as other jobs. But none of you suggest that at all.
By IGDC 2022-08-10 04:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd just like info about the game being borked, but it's tough to wade through the "BLU BAD!" "COR BAD" "UPDATE BAD!". I mean it always is, but I wanna play FFXI and not read forums.

??? Make a thread on your black screen then?
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 04:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

When did you ever see anyone shout for one though? Really? It's always WAR DRK SAM. Last time I saw a DRG was in a pick up Sheol C where they did 1k DPS using trishula
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-10 04:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bruv show me the files I not tech kings like you guys!! What about blm :( it's the only job I really wanna see gear for and noone showing it :(

BLM feet are even better for Mana Wall :D
Don't do me like this :( Please tell me blm got good stats show me the list I can't wait no more!
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/August_2022_Version_Update_Changes
My hero this why I love you wasn't up gor me til now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-08-10 04:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

??? Make a thread on your black screen then?

Because this isnt the *** size contest thread, and we are in the right area?????????
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-10 04:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting to think they really should have did just another month of "we changed out ambuscade and monthly deeds RoE" and spent more time debugging since Swah-ray isn't even ready and the game lasted all of 20 minutes being up before being frozen in loading screen.
[+]
By Afania 2022-08-10 04:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had to rebuffs 20 times per event and nothing making the rolls better (no rostam type gear), cor wouldnt be used nowadays.

They will. Your epeen DD doesn't care if cor rolls 1 time per event or 20, they only care about if the rolls are on them or not.

Also with 5 min roll duration, only dyna D needs rebuff for 20 times.
By Nariont 2022-08-10 04:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My favourite job is DRG, which isn't as useful as BLU at all.

You mean one of the best naegling jumpers, in a meta where savage blade reigns high in most zerg strats, and even outside of that they're extremely strong so long as the wyvern buff battery doesnt die, which nowadays is rare unless its charm or death, and if hate is ever a concern you got a 75%~79% hate drop move on a 1:30 timer. DRGs probably in the best shape its been in quite awhile

When did you ever see anyone shout for one though? Really? It's always WAR DRK SAM.

Of those 3 if were strictly talking seg farms DRKs probably the worst, drg can swap to sword and not bat an eye since they get JA haste regardless of weapon type, i wouldnt use pug shouts as an indicator for anything.
[+]
By IGDC 2022-08-10 04:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

now if they were STILL in the 75 era with no rostam and no duration buffs, and needed a 3-4 roll rotation for events, they would NOT be invited.

The only reason they are in 90% of groups is sam's roll. +40 with no buffs on an 11 would be the max they can get in 75 era and that would not be enough nowadays.

they literally are ONLY invited because of their unique ability to roll, of which HAS been updated and boosted A LOT.

Blu literally would be invited to more groups if they had buffs in potency and duration as well.

It's really that simple.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-10 04:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile, at SquareEnix Japan, the 7 P.M. night janitor is looking at the servers like:

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23