New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » August 2022 Version Update
August 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 23
By Mrxi 2022-08-10 03:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU just got some really good dt- nuke gear which they had like non of besides nyame path C.
 Asura.Shiehna
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-10 03:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Oh no wasn't against you at all it 100% agrees with you I wanna see job adjustments because either se was drunk or high.
Lol they're prolly both! xD But yeah I totally agree some jobs (like BLM and NIN) definitely need some job adjustments still that master levels don't do ***to resolve. So I gotta disagree with Simon on that one about master levels being the end all problem solver. Cause it definitely wasn't for several jobs lol.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-10 03:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Game is live.
[+]
By kishr 2022-08-10 03:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Safe to say Sortie will be in Ra'Kaznar?

Temporary Key Items:
Shiny Ra'Kaznarian plate
Dull Ra'Kaznarian plate
Liber Daemonium
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-10 03:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
No shot in hell are we saying cor and blu are in the same playing field in today's game right?

No. But that's not the problem with gear, but problem with game mechanics, and 2 jobs being on a different roles.

You make it sound like BLU isn't invited because it receives less gears than COR from updates, when in fact the amount of the gears and updated that cor received in the last 4 years is about the same.

BLU is competing with 10 other DD on a pt but COR compete with nothing for a pt slot. That's the main reason why COR gets more invite. No amount of BLU gears can solve that problem.
So then why did you compare them in gear? Cor has gotten way more useful gear, job adjustments, updates and what not than blu has in the last 4 years alone. You called out one of the most unused dd jobs in endgame right now for QQ about gear when cor has legit nothing to complain about when it comes to gear. I mean what more does cor truly need when it comes to gear? Roll duration? I mean this point cors want 20 min rolls just so they don't have to do the one thing people bring them for.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2022-08-10 03:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

COR is literally used in every scenario and excels at all of them lol. Not even sure how that isn't OP. Want to use pets? Bring a COR. Not only will it boost your pet's dmg, it can do 99k LS and not pull hate. Oh? You want a melee? Can I interest in you 40-60k Savage Blades because you get TP bonus on a ranged slot. Oh you want to magic burst on Ongo? Can I also interest in doing a multi-step double darkness with RUN lol

All while providing the main point of the job, support.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-10 04:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

First Impression

Fap Worthy:
DNC head
BST body
SCH feet (highest upgrade I could imagine here)
PLD body
RNG earring
DNC earring
NIN earring
DRK earring
BST earring
DRG earring

Awesome:
PUP head
SAM body
SAM head
SAM legs
WAR head
WAR body
WAR feet
WAR legs
SMN head
PLD head
THF feet
SCH head
RUN head
RUN legs
RUN feet
MNK legs
BLU feet
BST feet
SCH earring
SMN earring
WAR earring
RUN earring

Great:
DRG body
THF head
THF body
RDM body
RDM feet
MNK hands
PUP hands
RNG legs
DNC feet
PLD earring
SAM earring
RDM earring

BLU: pretty disappointing, but I guess we have new hybrid nuke/debuff set

NIN: Supper disappointed that hands got no MAB, unless they fixed Elemental Damage % to be real %, not mab.

DRG: Disappointed that legs got DT and body PDL. It should be switched around.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-10 04:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Decreasing Time Required for Reentry
After you complete Sortie for the first time, you can receive a Ruspix’s plate by speaking with Ruspix in Leafallia (H-8).
After entering Sortie a second time, your Ruspix’s plate will charge up with energy, accumulating time equal to one-fifth (1/5) of the time that exceeded the 20 hour waiting period since your previous Sortie.
(Example: You first entered Sortie at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday. You next enter Sortie at 9:00 p.m. on Friday. Since 25 hours has passed since your first Sortie, you are 5 hours past the minimum waiting period. One-fifth of that time (1 hour) is stored in your Ruspix’s plate upon entry into the second Sortie.)
Once your Ruspix’s plate has stored up an amount of time equivalent to the amount of time you must wait before entering Sortie again, you can speak with Ruspix in Leafallia (H-8) to have him convert your dull Ra’Kaznarian plate into a shiny Ra’Kaznarian plate.

This whole method is rubbish. They quite literally doubled down on FOMO. LOL y'all ain't ***
[+]
By Afania 2022-08-10 04:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Asura.Bixbite said: »
Draylo said: »
BLU got mostly garbage, that earring is so dumb. Would it have killed them to add blue magic duration when RDM can literally get it on anything that exists

*Checks stats of the new gear and see what's all that BLU QQ posts are about*

*Sees COR getting enmity-(which you can cap before this update) and lol recycle on the earring.*

Okay I guess it's BLUs being vocal as usual.....COR deserves 2x times more QQ posts than BLU for this! :P

Cor got something new. The triple attack +13 body and the legs which have higher store tp/dt then malignance.

Some jobs like blu/pup got nothing from this update.

Its not Triple Attack its a typo its actually Triple Shot and we get a whole 1% extra from the +1.

Well you got an upgrade from malignance legs at least +1 store tp and 4 -dt%.

It's more sidegrade than upgrade IMO. +2 legs is 35 less meva than malig legs, but 1 more mdef and a bit more def. So defense wise it's not drastically stronger.

+4 DT also does nothing in current DT set from what I've seen. Current malig 5/5 TP set with Dring and jse back already give you 51 PDT- with only 1 ring slot sacrifice. Adding 4 more DT to the set doesn't replace Dring for that slot.

Your 4 other slots are locked to malig for meva already, so it's not like those are changed.

And ALL that sidegrade for one STP that may not even make a difference for hit build? I am not even sure if that's actually DPS increase lol.

It's probably useful for people who can't get malig legs to drop. That's about it. Maybe +3 version will be a whole lot better. But +2 barely change anything IMO.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-08-10 04:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The only difference is, BLU players are generally more vocal on these forums since very long time ago, so they receive more sympathy while COR receive none being a bandwagon job LOL.

I know you love COR, but... wow, no. It's not about going line by line to compare sets. COR has big time advantages that BLU does not, and that's pretty obvious. If they aren't going to address via job adjustments or specific mechanics, a job like BLU that is supposed to deal damage really should get some big boosts from JSE gear stats.

COR can do it all
- Buffs
- Incredibly powerful magical WS (particularly Leaden in the darkness-heavy current endgame content), to the point of being semi-broken good for much of the last few years
- Great melee, especially with Naegling. And come on, it's ridiculous that COR has significantly better Savage Blade gear than the A+ Sword Skill DD job that is supposed to be a master of the weapon type.
- Great ranged damage

BLU was bandwagon YEARS ago, and now still keeps getting shafted on gear when it's far past time for it to get a bit of a boost to catch back up. Just a handful of examples from the Rhapsodies-Present era:

1) BLU got stuck on a Su3 set with... a fast cast piece and a cure potency piece. COR got a set that is still staple Triple Shot gear.

2) For Odyssey (aside from all jobs Nyame), BLU got Gleti's, which is basically only used as (1) gear for a secondary WS (CdC), and (2) idle regain gear. COR got some very solid ranged/WS gear in Ikenga (especially the enm- on a job that sometimes really needs it)

3) BLU got one good Relic +3 piece (WSD/nuke legs), COR got incredible pieces for feet, body, hands.

4) BLU got a nearly useless Su5 weapon, COR got an Su5 so good that all three paths are worthy choices.

5) BLU got a rather unimpressive Aeonic, COR got one that's very good.

It's not about "LOL both got on Malignance and Nyame and some of COR's good gear is old." Lots of jobs are still using gear from several years ago. COR has ALL of the advantages though, and it's a little sad to see BLUs who have been starving for impressive DD gear on its JSE/non-all jobs sets wait for literal years for the release of this set and get uninspiring gear stats.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-10 04:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
First Impression

Fap Worthy:
DNC head
BST body
SCH feet (highest upgrade I could imagine here)
PLD body
RNG earring
DNC earring
NIN earring
DRK earring
BST earring
DRG earring

Awesome:
PUP head
SAM body
SAM head
SAM legs
WAR head
WAR body
WAR feet
WAR legs
SMN head
PLD head
THF feet
SCH head
RUN head
RUN legs
RUN feet
MNK legs
BLU feet
BST feet
SCH earring
SMN earring
WAR earring
RUN earring

Great:
DRG body
THF head
THF body
RDM body
RDM feet
MNK hands
PUP hands
RNG legs
DNC feet
PLD earring
SAM earring
RDM earring

BLU: pretty disappointing, but I guess we have new hybrid nuke/debuff set

NIN: Supper disappointed that hands got no MAB, unless they fixed Elemental Damage % to be real %, not mab.

DRG: Disappointed that legs got DT and body PDL. It should be switched around.
Bruv show me the files I not tech kings like you guys!! What about blm :( it's the only job I really wanna see gear for and noone showing it :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-08-10 04:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

well I was going to drop an ammo belt for science but decided better when talking to the moogle...
[+]
By IGDC 2022-08-10 04:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor doesn't get gear? When in the last 20 years has blu gotten a magic duration piece? If cors had to roll every 4 mins they'd be super pissed too.
[+]
By Churanira 2022-08-10 04:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a blackscreen/ pol3001 for zoning into La'Loff Amphitheater for deeds. can't seem to log back in. maybe the zone's down?

anyone else?
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-10 04:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Churanira said: »
I got a blackscreen/ pol3001 for zoning into La'Loff Amphitheater for deeds. can't seem to log back in. maybe the zone's down?

anyone else?
Same for Escha - Zitah
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-10 04:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

COR just got roll duration boost too lol. At this point I can only hope for a diffusion timer decrease to boost our buff durations via AF2 feet lol. That earring would have been the perfect spot for a new effect or boost.
[+]
By Churanira 2022-08-10 04:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

neat lmao, how long till SE finds out? no idea
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-10 04:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

2) For Odyssey (aside from all jobs Nyame), BLU got Gleti's, which is basically only used as (1) gear for a secondary WS (CdC), and (2) idle regain gear.

This isn't completely true. You still use some pieces of PDL for attack capped WS, since BLU gets so few of that stat. Also, Gletis body and hands are pretty good in a tp set. BLU is also on the ammo, which is good as well. I agree with your general points otherwise, though
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-08-10 04:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

anyone else?
Same for Escha - Zitah
Same but I can't even login, all characters, different zones black screen in vanilla / windower. Doing a file check.
[+]
By IGDC 2022-08-10 04:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
COR just got roll duration boost too lol. At this point I can only hope for a diffusion timer decrease to boost our buff durations via AF2 feet lol. That earring would have been the perfect spot for a new effect or boost.

basically this. unless in a job update they make diffusion like... 1 min, the buffing is just terrible. I honestly dont care about new gear for damage on blu (we have a pretty great nuke set, malignance is great with R15 tizona, ect)

just let me have a better duration on buffs from it and let us be able to make them aoe more than once every 10 mins.
[+]
By Afania 2022-08-10 04:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So then why did you compare them in gear? Cor has gotten way more useful gear, job adjustments, updates

Which "job adjustment" did cor got in last 4 years or even before that? Name me one. I am not aware of any.

Oh wait, actually there was one. Hot shot was nerfed! LOL.

You guys are acting as if cor getting party invite is because every update COR receive something but not other jobs, when it's far from truth.

You called out one of the most unused dd jobs in endgame right now for QQ about gear when cor has legit nothing to complain about when it comes to gear

I am not QQing about COR. I give 0 *** if this job is nerfed to the ground and never get a pt invite. I'm sick of COR bandwagon since forever and even more sick of it now. I wish this bandwagon die already but it just won't.

I am only joking about people QQ about BLU for not receiving any gears and blamed the lack of invite on gears. When it wasn't really the case.

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
COR is literally used in every scenario and excels at all of them lol. Not even sure how that isn't OP. Want to use pets? Bring a COR. Not only will it boost your pet's dmg, it can do 99k LS and not pull hate. Oh? You want a melee? Can I interest in you 40-60k Savage Blades because you get TP bonus on a ranged slot. Oh you want to magic burst on Ongo? Can I also interest in doing a multi-step double darkness with RUN lol

Cor's problem is more of a job role design problem to me than OP. Even if COR can't do 99k WS and parse 5% in every party or less, it's still going to get invite in every party because it's competing with zero jobs in the same slot.

I never said there is no design problem. I only said the core problem isn't "COR being OP".

Every naeg job can do 40-50k SB. 99k magical ws is also the niche super buffed scenerios with malaise, that's also doable with other magical WS like TF. So it's barely the core of the problem.

Not giving cor any new melee gears will not solve this problem. You guys are ALL missing the point in your complaints.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-08-10 04:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Timers 3.7.4.40 Released

23373: // Azimuth Gaiters +2 GEO
Boii Lorica +2 23152 WAR
23235: // Chasseur's Gants +2 COR
23221: // Ebers Mitts +2 WHM
Erilaz Galea +2 23106 RUN
23161: // Fili Hongreline +2 BRD
Lethargy Chappel +2 23089 RDM
23357: // Lethargy houseaux +2 RDM

23156: // Lethargy Sayon +2 RDM Comp Set Bonus
23223: // Lethargy Gantherots +2 RDM Comp Set Bonus
23290: // Lethargy Fuseau +2 RDM Comp Set Bonus

25444: // Lethargy Earring RDM Right Ear Only
25445: // Lethargy Earring +1 RDM Right Ear Only
25446: // Lethargy Earring +2 RDM Right Ear Only

Let me know if I missed any gear.
SMN Skill gear was also added but that's semi automated with an addon.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-10 04:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind those earrings are suppose to come with random(?) augments, so augments alone can be pretty huge.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-10 04:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bruv show me the files I not tech kings like you guys!! What about blm :( it's the only job I really wanna see gear for and noone showing it :(

BLM feet are even better for Mana Wall :D
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-10 04:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has always understood PUP.

[+]
By IGDC 2022-08-10 04:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are ALL missing the point in your complaints.

you're talking about updates in 4 years for cor for gear. I'm talking about 20 years for blu gear to let us get a duration bonus. Like i said, if cor had 0 gear buffs for their duration (the one thing theyre unique for) they would be pissed too if this was the 20th year and 4 millionth update and blu spells were getting another 5% duration on their unique magic after already having huge bonuses to it over the course of the game.

You act like cor is magical because it doesn't compete with a slot. put those rolls at 2 mins each with ZERO duration buffs possible and see if people invite them for buffs. Leave crooked at 10 mins too so you get one crooked roll every 10 mins and have to rolls 20 times until then.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-10 04:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

BLM feet are even better for Mana Wall :D
Don't do me like this :( Please tell me blm got good stats show me the list I can't wait no more!
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 04:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU isn't a great DD, so what? Play shitty DD for end game content and use BLU for other things. My favourite job is DRG, which isn't as useful as BLU at all. You don't see DRG crying, just still pretending that they're invited and desired.

P.S. does anyone want to buy etched memory for extortionate prices on Asura?
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-08-10 04:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »

anyone else?
Same for Escha - Zitah
Same but I can't even login, all characters, different zones black screen in vanilla / windower. Doing a file check.

File repair complete 2 files fixed were xiview, still same thing :(
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 23