First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 21 22 23
 Bahamut.Skald
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2022-08-10 10:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Where's the love for DNC and PUP? I don't even play those jobs but... god damn. At least PUP can solo things very well, DNC has never been anything! When was DNC a serious consideration when setting up a party? Never. DNC and NIN are the jobs people should be talking about. Savage Blade users at least have that to fall back on. We should wait to see what the augments are like before we settle on how good the earrings are. Some of those could be epic, or they could suck, so let's not pass judgment yet.

While I'm not against piling on extra love for DNC, barring weapon types exclusion in current and relevant content the job is in a good spot at the moment. I would say DNC being considered less is a product of ignorance and the low popularity of the job meaning so few of them exist, let alone dancers who push for all the things and build the job to its limits.

In a support DD heavy age where the BRD and COR carry a good portion of the party dps there is no good reason not to consider DNC as a 2nd DD slot, even more so if that primary DD happens to be of the fencing-sub-drg variety which is often the case.

The place where DNC actually needs love is in mechanics when it comes to it being a very technical job requiring much ability use. Combining heavy JA use and thus swing delay with a 20 year old clunky, lag ridden game is its biggest detriment.

In short, DNC be fine(cries in segments) and its gear options are quite good at the moment.
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bixbite 2022-08-10 10:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn’t nin damage fall off floor 4?
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-08-10 10:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »

No. I'll still one-shot hybrid-susceptible mobs with only 1k TP, and Savage for ~60k.

Plus NIN's getting TP about as fast as a KC with Daken, without the accuracy woes.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 10:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »

No. I'll still one-shot hybrid-susceptible mobs with only 1k TP, and Savage for ~60k.

Plus NIN's getting TP about as fast as a KC with Daken, without the accuracy woes.
Show gear sets
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-10 10:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to say this. For me my WAR/DRG/SAM all parse about the same in odyssey depending on mob distribution. I don't have KC for drg, but if I did I am pretty sure I could up the damage there a bit.

I get buried by good NINs
[+]
 Bahamut.Nolatari
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Nolatari 2022-08-10 10:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

it’s kind of hilarious how narrow minded everyone is. In the right hands almost all jobs can be amazing DPS. It’s just the entry requirements to see what is considered acceptable DPS number is much easier for traditional heavy DPS roles(SAM, MNK, DRK, DRG). Sure if we are comparing everything to odyssey because that’s currently the hardest and most relevant content, then yes a mediocre DRG will most likely do better than say a mediocre NIN. But what about those players that make it their passion job? Or those who are compulsive and need to play everything to max potential? I bet they don’t really care what job they take. If there was no damage type restrictions being made in Odyssey would you care about bringing something like MNK?
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 11:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nolatari said: »
If there was no damage type restrictions being made in Odyssey would you care about bringing something like MNK?
I'd like to use MNK more but the damage types do kill it.
By Guyford 2022-08-10 11:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Are augments confirmed to be happening on these earrings or are we speculating that they could have augments in the future?
The ears are ex but not rare and only work in the right ear. Can't think of any other reason for them to not be rare.
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2022-08-10 11:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nolatari said: »
it’s kind of hilarious how narrow minded everyone is. In the right hands almost all jobs can be amazing DPS.

Which is unfortunately untrue because of damage restrictions.

Quote:
If there was no damage type restrictions being made in Odyssey would you care about bringing something like MNK?

Odyssey is the only difficult content we have and will ever have (according to devs?) it has damage restriction and DD performance in odyssey does matter for that content.

But all fully geared up dds when superbuffed will be hitting near capped damage when outside of odyssey.
By Afania 2022-08-10 11:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN and DRG becoming Savage Blade users is one of the saddest things I have heard. I'm done arguing about this, it is very obvious to me that many jobs need rebalancing so they can actually use their preferred weapon skills and perform better in a party. The one job that definitely does not need extra buffs is Corsair, and I played the job all the time. There is zero bias there.

Katana WS isn't all that useless, though. Hybrid WSs are katata skills and super strong in seg farm.

As far as COR goes. It needs to be interchangeable with other DD or support job if you want "balance". Buff or no buff is not the main point. But not having new things to grind with makes the game less interesting to play with less goals, and not really solving the core issue.

I am all for meta setup being tank or DD/DD/DD/DD/support/healer, then COR can either be a DD not included in the setup for job flexibility. That way people don't need to bring cor for everything , which is the problem that everyone has.

But that needs a DD mechanics adjustment, not a recycle+12 earring. Right now everyone make it sound like cor deserves recycle earring only because they think that's "balance" lol.

(No, any job getting ***earring is a terrible decision design wise no matter how you look at it.)
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-08-10 11:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »

Show gear sets

They're nothing revelatory. Very similar to what's in the python thread.
By SavageJoke 2022-08-10 11:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Are augments confirmed to be happening on these earrings or are we speculating that they could have augments in the future?

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59789#:~:text=Rewards,Currencies%202%20menu.

Depends on how much faith you have in SE doing what they said they would.

From the Digest, JSE earrings appear to come from the Old Cases. I understand it to be similar to the capes from incursion except the specific JSE earring is determined when you open the case.

The quality of the case will probably impact the odds of getting a higher quality earring.

The augments are then *most likely* determined on appraisal of the ??? jse earring/+1/+2.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-08-10 11:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
NIN and DRG becoming Savage Blade users is one of the saddest things I have heard. I'm done arguing about this, it is very obvious to me that many jobs need rebalancing so they can actually use their preferred weapon skills and perform better in a party. The one job that definitely does not need extra buffs is Corsair, and I played the job all the time. There is zero bias there.

Katana WS isn't all that useless, though. Hybrid WSs are katata skills and super strong in seg farm.

As far as COR goes. It needs to be interchangeable with other DD or support job if you want "balance". Buff or no buff is not the main point. But not having new things to grind with makes the game less interesting to play with less goals, and not really solving the core issue.

I am all for meta setup being tank or DD/DD/DD/DD/support/healer, then COR can either be a DD not included in the setup for job flexibility. That way people don't need to bring cor for everything , which is the problem that everyone has.

But that needs a DD mechanics adjustment, not a recycle+12 earring. Right now everyone make it sound like cor deserves recycle earring only because they think that's "balance" lol.

(No, it's a terrible decision design wise no matter how you look at it.)

If COR becomes too good of a DD, you'll just see parties wanting CORs because they can also roll while regular DD can't. Yes, you have a buff limit, and that matters if you have a BRD who keeps up SV. But for the cases where you can't find a BRD or there are difficulties, guess what happens? COR all the things, because they can DD and roll which boosts everyone's damage.

Even better is the fact they can random deal/wild card the party at their leisure. Sure, allow COR to DD to some degree, but you can't make them too strong, otherwise, it kills the point of bringing jobs that focus solely on DD.

PS: Thanks to everyone else for highlighting where NIN and DNC are right now. I haven't played since April and before that I knew nobody who played them, so yeah I'm ignorant.
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-08-10 11:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »

Then you realize only 2 pages are about the update, the rest are just people complaining about.... I don't even know what anymore. The game exists?
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 11:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odyssey is the only difficult content we have and will ever have (according to devs?) it has damage restriction and DD performance in odyssey does matter for that content.
I do hope that they use Vagary v2 for Empyrean+3 armor and it is 18 man and hard content. It would be a great finale to leave us needing to work together in big groups again to finish getting the final armour sets in the game.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2022-08-10 11:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

We've got someone arguing DRG is in a ***position because... *checks notes* Asura PUGs don't specifically shout for them. Despite being one of the strongest DPS in the game for the last 3 years.

Some people still don't understand that Hybrid weapon skills exist in 2022 and NIN is really strong when they can use them. And also virtually unkillable.

Afania made a correct point that COR hasn't seen much in gear improvements in the last 4 years, much like BLU, but was tonedeaf to the fact BLU is legitimately in a ***position and desperately needs gearing or mechanical improvements to be desirable in group content.

That's basically what the last 10 pages have been. Every so often a BLM announces they're going on life support.
[+]
By Afania 2022-08-10 11:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

(No, it's a terrible decision design wise no matter how you look at it.)

If COR becomes too good of a DD, you'll just see parties wanting CORs because they can also roll while regular DD can't. Yes, you have a buff limit, and that matters if you have a BRD who keeps up SV. But for the cases where you can't find a BRD or there are difficulties, guess what happens? COR all the things, because they can DD and roll which boosts everyone's damage.

Even better is the fact they can random deal/wild card the party at their leisure. Sure, allow COR to DD to some degree, but you can't make them too strong, otherwise, it kills the point of bringing jobs that focus solely on DD.

I said interchangeable with another DD, not replacing another DD. More like BRD in FF14 kinda?

Right now 6 boxers brings a COR mule for rolls even if they do 0 dmg. Or mercs make buyer cor even if they do 0 dmg.

In other words, even if COR does less dmg than now people will still invite them for everything because of rolls. And that'll make the job boring as *** to play with anyways. Because at that point the optimal way to play the job is probably buff then afk, watch DD solo SC something down alone.

The real answer for balance is nerf rolls relevance, by reducing pdif cap universally so attack can be capped with just BRD+geo, or rdm+geo or something. If you can cap haste attack acc with only ONE support job, then you don't need all 3 stacking together in one party. Then COR is no longer needed in every single meta setup.

With PDL getting higher and higher every update, attack stacking with chaos roll isn't going away anytime soon unfortunately.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-08-10 11:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
We've got someone arguing DRG is in a ***position because... *checks notes* Asura PUGs don't specifically shout for them. Despite being one of the strongest DPS in the game for the last 3 years.

Some people still don't understand that Hybrid weapon skills exist in 2022 and NIN is really strong when they can use them. And also virtually unkillable.

Afania made a correct point that COR hasn't seen much in gear improvements in the last 4 years, much like BLU, but was tonedeaf to the fact BLU is legitimately in a ***position and desperately needs gearing or mechanical improvements to be desirable in group content.

That's basically what the last 10 pages have been. Every so often a BLM announces they're going on life support.

I knew I forgot a job, lol. Yeah, that's the basics. Apologies if I did any further derailing, and I can accept that some jobs are better than I made them out to be. Sadly this is what happens when SE delays its new content. Most players would be digging through Sortie by now.

Quote:
The real answer for balance is nerf rolls, or reduce pdif cap universally so attack can be capped with just BRD+geo, or rdm+geo or something. If you can cap haste attack acc with only ONE support job, then you don't need all 3 stacking together in one party. Then COR is no longer needed in every single meta setup.

I like this idea! I'm done arguing, let's leave room for extra notes on the update.
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 11:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never said it's in a ***position. I literally said it is "less desirable" based on actual reality and not paper maths. You are the typical "DRG is fine" fanboy that has existed on FFXI forums for the 18 years I've played so I won't try and reason with you. They exist for PUP BLU etc. too, it's ok. My points have been validated by others inadvertently already.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2022-08-10 11:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's rare that I parse less than 8m-8.5m damage on NIN nowadays, with spikes up to 9m if a run is particularly favorable to me.
What's your average WS frequency per run? Just curious.
By Afania 2022-08-10 11:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
It's rare that I parse less than 8m-8.5m damage on NIN nowadays, with spikes up to 9m if a run is particularly favorable to me.

For NIN, around 134-137 ws per run from my experience. But WS frequency is heavily affected by pt pulling speed, so I'm not sure if that's useful data.

We only pull 1 group at once, it's going to be slower than more aggressive pulls.

(So does specific dmg number per run as data, btw)
By HDXylophone 2022-08-10 11:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The real answer for balance is nerf rolls, or reduce pdif cap universally so attack can be capped with just BRD+geo, or rdm+geo or something.

Wait, I'm curious, what can an RDM do to help with that limit, aside from Dia? Still pretty new to the game, so I figured I'd ask.
By Afania 2022-08-10 11:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

HDXylophone said: »
Quote:
The real answer for balance is nerf rolls, or reduce pdif cap universally so attack can be capped with just BRD+geo, or rdm+geo or something.

Wait, I'm curious, what can an RDM do to help with that limit, aside from Dia? Still pretty new to the game, so I figured I'd ask.

Dia 3(yeah, it's not super but it's something)
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2022-08-10 11:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My points have been validated by others inadvertently already.
Other jobs being more durable doesn't matter at all when DRG doesn't take hate in the first place. Which is the only remotely viable validation you've maybe gleaned from these responces.

Ignorant Asura PUGs aren't the yardstick you seem to think they are.

Very aware of DRG's general performance over the years, played it regardless.

RoZ - Good pre-STP nerf, bad after
CoP - Bad
ToAU - Mediocre post 2H buff, bad before
WotG - Mediocre
Abyssea - Strong after Razed Ruin, Very very strong specifically for Ryunohige havers.
SoA - Dumpster fire
RoV - Dumpster fire before AGI/Eva rework, Mediocre after.
DD - Surprisingly strong after jumps were untethered and Shining One obtained.
Odyssey - WS DMG Boost released and DRGs been amazing since.

Took 16 years to get around to it, but eyyyy.
 Asura.Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-08-10 11:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll make note of it on future runs, but I haven't up to now.

(Is there a way to view it on Parse? I don't use Scoreboard.)
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 11:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Other jobs being more durable doesn't matter at all when DRG doesn't take hate in the first place.
This is exactly why WAR DRK SAM are better choices.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2022-08-10 11:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Other jobs being more durable doesn't matter at all when DRG doesn't take hate in the first place.
I'm genuinely sorry you think PUGs are making informed decisions.
By Afania 2022-08-10 11:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll make note of it on future runs, but I haven't up to now.

(Is there a way to view it on Parse? I don't use Scoreboard.)

It shows when you report WS average.
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 11:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm genuinely sorry you think PUGs are making informed decisions.
I'm genuinely sorry that I can't peer into every static group in FFXI to see what they use to comment on it objectively, but I already know the answer and it is not DRG as much as it is WAR or SAM, or probably even DRK.
By HDXylophone 2022-08-10 11:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

HDXylophone said: »
Quote:

Dia 3(yeah, it's not super but it's something)

Oh yeah, that's fine! I just saw that message and wasn't sure if I was missing something or not, because as I understood it, RDM doesn't have many ways to interact with that equation compared to other supports.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 21 22 23