New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » August 2022 Version Update
August 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 21 22 23
By Guyford 2022-08-10 09:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna laugh my *** off when we see augs on those identical sch and blm ears and sch gets like sublimation, enhancing skill, helix and regen duration, while blm gets something like mp, ele skill, mdmg, and some -enmity.
By Viciouss 2022-08-10 09:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

where are we seeing the earrings listed?
By GwenStacy 2022-08-10 09:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the gear listed anywhere?
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-08-10 09:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

On the first page, first post, new items.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-10 10:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How about augment on BLU earring "Blue magic duration +20%"?
There is still hope :)
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bixbite 2022-08-10 10:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Don’t understand why they give top dd like Drg and Drk such crazy physical drg limit earrings. When they understandably gave other top dd War and Sam reasonable earrings. Most other dd got physical dmg earring to prop them up. They weren’t afraid to clown on Cor the most used job.

But then they turn around and give non savage blade dd Mnk and Pup and the lower tier dd Blu pure meme earrings…

Overall the earrings are nice but just screw you Mnk, Pup, Blu in particular.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-10 10:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The earrings are phoned in. Outside of like 1 or 2 standout examples (pet ones getting pet lv+1) I don't see why these had to be jse at all since the stats are largely generic. Hopefully augments change that but lol big doubt
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2022-08-10 10:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Don’t understand why they give top dd like Drg and Drk such crazy physical drg limit earrings. When they understandably gave other top dd War and Sam reasonable earrings. Most other dd got physical dmg earring to prop them up. They weren’t afraid to clown on Cor the most used job.

But then they turn around and give non savage blade dd Mnk and Pup and the lower tier dd Blu pure meme earrings…

yea. MNK was defiantly one that got shat on. 12 skill and counter + an amount that's not even noticeable... not worth the inventory -1
SMN or WAR on the other hand. whoa...
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-08-10 10:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, this thread went down the wrong path. Had to skip over half of it to find anything interesting. Why is this crap always a competition? In saying that, COR is fine where it is and other jobs like BLU, NIN, DNC, BST and PUP are in dire need of tweaking to be better used in party setups. If not by gear then by some serious adjustments. SE is probably worried about buffing these jobs too hard, though, Some may remember when BLU was the best dd, NIN was a decent tank, and BST was everywhere.

Where's the love for DNC and PUP? I don't even play those jobs but... god damn. At least PUP can solo things very well, DNC has never been anything! When was DNC a serious consideration when setting up a party? Never. DNC and NIN are the jobs people should be talking about. Savage Blade users at least have that to fall back on. We should wait to see what the augments are like before we settle on how good the earrings are. Some of those could be epic, or they could suck, so let's not pass judgment yet.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 10:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR SAM are still the top 2 most desired jobs, they want DRK DRG to be equalized?
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 10:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Well, this thread went down the wrong path. Had to skip over half of it to find anything interesting. Why is this crap always a competition? In saying that, COR is fine where it is and other jobs like BLU, NIN, DNC, BST and PUP are in dire need of tweaking to be better used in party setups. If not by gear then by some serious adjustments.

SE is probably worried about buffing these jobs too hard, though, Some may remember when BLU was the best dd, NIN was a decent tank, and BST was everywhere. Where's the love for DNC and PUP? I don't even play those jobs but... god damn. At least PUP can solo things very well, DNC has never been anything! When was DNC a serious consideration when setting up a party? Never. DNC and NIN are the jobs people should be talking about. Savage Blade users at least have that to fall back on.

We should wait to see what the augments are like before we settle on how good the earrings are. Some of those could be epic, or they could suck, so let's not pass judgment yet.
Problem was they messed with 1h vs 2h adjustments, and ever since then they've tweaked things a couple of times to try to balance it again but now it's all complicated spaghetti formulas that are probably harder to balance than if they just rewrote from scratch (but they have no time for that!). THF NIN DNC need to be made to do 90% of MNK dmg output!! idc about BLU and PUP
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-08-10 10:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »

WAR SAM are still the top 2 most desired jobs, they want DRK DRG to be equalized?

I wouldn't say that WAR or SAM blow DRK or DRG out of the water. It depends on what you want. Obviously, WAR destroys in Odyssey and SAM is what you want for skillchains, but DRK has crazy high HP and DRG has hate resets. They each bring unique abilities to the situation and I wouldn't say any one job is miles ahead of the other unless you're talking segment farming. Anywhere else it's competitive.

Well, this thread went down the wrong path. Had to skip over half of it to find anything interesting. Why is this crap always a competition? In saying that, COR is fine where it is and other jobs like BLU, NIN, DNC, BST and PUP are in dire need of tweaking to be better used in party setups. If not by gear then by some serious adjustments.

SE is probably worried about buffing these jobs too hard, though, Some may remember when BLU was the best dd, NIN was a decent tank, and BST was everywhere. Where's the love for DNC and PUP? I don't even play those jobs but... god damn. At least PUP can solo things very well, DNC has never been anything! When was DNC a serious consideration when setting up a party? Never. DNC and NIN are the jobs people should be talking about. Savage Blade users at least have that to fall back on.

We should wait to see what the augments are like before we settle on how good the earrings are. Some of those could be epic, or they could suck, so let's not pass judgment yet.
Problem was they messed with 1h vs 2h adjustments, and ever since then they've tweaked things a couple of times to try to balance it again but now it's all complicated spaghetti formulas that are probably harder to balance than if they just rewrote from scratch (but they have no time for that!). THF NIN DNC need to be made to do 90% of MNK dmg output!! idc about BLU and PUP

I don't agree with that, MNKs should be one of the top DD in some way (it is for subtle blow fights), especially more so than a THF who is mostly there for the treasure hunter, hate control or whatever. The fact you don't care about BLU or PUP is telling, you just want what will benefit you and screw the rest, am I right?
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 10:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say that WAR or SAM blow DRK or DRG out of the water. It depends on what you want. Obviously, WAR destroys in Odyssey and SAM is what you want for skillchains, but DRK has crazy high HP and DRG has hate resets. They each bring unique abilities to the situation and I wouldn't say any one job is miles ahead of the other unless you're talking segment farming. Anywhere else it's competitive.
I didn't even mention damage.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-08-10 10:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You said top 2 desired jobs, as in the top 2 damage dealing jobs, as in that they are superior to DRK or DRG which isn't true. It depends who plays them and the situation.
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 10:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't agree with that, MNKs should be one of the top DD in some way (it is for subtle blow fights), especially more so than a THF who is mostly there for the treasure hunter, hate control or whatever. The fact you don't care about BLU or PUP is telling, you just want what will benefit you and screw the rest, am I right?
I don't play NIN or DNC, so no. I don't think PUP should be another DD, I think it should be reinforced as a 3rd tank. I also don't think we need BLU to be a DD, though on the same note RDM shouldn't be able to do as much damage relative to BLU as they can because of all the other things they have.
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 10:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You said top 2 desired jobs, as in the top 2 damage dealing jobs, as in that they are superior to DRK or DRG which isn't true. It depends who plays them and the situation.
I didn't say any of that. I said desired, I am not responsible for the collective FFXI players that shout for jobs or answer tells for DD jobs.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-08-10 10:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say any of that. I said desired, I am not responsible for the collective FFXI players that shout for jobs or answer tells for DD jobs.

I have never seen anyone (in the past two years) specifically seek a WAR or SAM unless that fight seriously needs them to do so, or they are maximizing segment farming. Most yells would have "DD" in it, which could be a WAR, SAM, DRK, DRG, MNK, or whatever else, so long as they can bring the desired damage. What kind of people are only seeking WAR & SAM???
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2022-08-10 10:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
Any info on new TVR missions yet?

Just finished the next mission (Oshasha Violation):

1) Talk to Andreine in the Celennia library for a cutscene.
2) Touch the Bibliomaniac's Lair in Marjami Ravine (I-10) to spawn Gramk-Droog and 2 adds.
3) Touch the Bibliomaniac's Lair after defeating the mobs for a cutscene.
4) Return to Andreine in the Celennia library for another cutscene.

Reward 20k gil.
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2022-08-10 10:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m talking about jobs with max gear at the highest level odyssey content including augmented rank 25 nyame etc.
Sam, War, Drg and Drk are in a top tier each have strength parses are close enough
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-08-10 10:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Are augments confirmed to be happening on these earrings or are we speculating that they could have augments in the future?
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 10:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never seen anyone (in the past two years) specifically seek a WAR or SAM unless that fight seriously needs them to do so, or they are maximizing segment farming. Most yells would have "DD" in it, which could be a WAR, SAM, DRK, DRG, MNK, or whatever else, so long as they can bring the desired damage. What kind of people are only seeking WAR & SAM???
Ok, I'm gonna start sending "DD - DRG DRK WAR SAM" to people shouting for a DD and take screenshots to prove this to anyone pretending this isn't real. I have offered DRG many times (albeit before it became a Savage Blade ***) to be told no, and see WAR SAM or WAR SAM DRK in shouts often.
By Afania 2022-08-10 10:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, this thread went down the wrong path. Had to skip over half of it to find anything interesting. Why is this crap always a competition? In saying that, COR is fine where it is and other jobs like BLU, NIN, DNC, BST and PUP are in dire need of tweaking to be better used in party setups. If not by gear then by some serious adjustments. SE is probably worried about buffing these jobs too hard, though, Some may remember when BLU was the best dd, NIN was a decent tank, and BST was everywhere.

Where's the love for DNC and PUP? I don't even play those jobs but... god damn. At least PUP can solo things very well, DNC has never been anything! When was DNC a serious consideration when setting up a party? Never. DNC and NIN are the jobs people should be talking about. Savage Blade users at least have that to fall back on. We should wait to see what the augments are like before we settle on how good the earrings are. Some of those could be epic, or they could suck, so let's not pass judgment yet.

I guess I was wrong about only BLUs are BLUE. More like internet is BLUE in general. >.> People complaining about DNC and NIN too? >.>

- I use DNC in Odyssey all the time, and rank it one of the better job because reasons.

- DNC got pretty good gear this update.

- NIN is also a "savage blade user" btw.

- NIN is strong as hell in seg farms. Maybe not KC DRG/DNC level of strong, still pretty damn good.

Why are you describing these jobs like they are worthless? >.>
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-10 10:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

When was DNC a serious consideration when setting up a party? Never.
Merit parties, never did it without one
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2022-08-10 10:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks seems stuck on odyssey C pug shouts and pug performance the reason Drg is not shouted for is because you can’t assume people have ranked up Nyame. Pug Drg and Sam are often balls because they don’t usually have the gear augmented or don’t swap damage types.

War and Drk are foolproof shouts for easy seg run because Sakpata unaugmented makes them tanky as hell while being both a tp and strong ws set. Easier also for a pug white mage (often a bot) to heal them.

But when you compare fully geared dds in segs runs they perform close enough to each other.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-08-10 10:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN and DRG becoming Savage Blade users is one of the saddest things I have heard. I'm done arguing about this, it is very obvious to me that many jobs need rebalancing so they can actually use their preferred weapon skills and perform better in a party. The one job that definitely does not need extra buffs is Corsair, and I played the job all the time. There is zero bias there.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-08-10 10:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
- I use DNC in Odyssey all the time, and rank it one of the better job because reasons.

Fart noise

- NIN is strong as hell in seg farms. Maybe not KC DRG/DNC level of strong, still pretty damn good.

Fart noise
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 10:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks seems stuck on odyssey C pug shouts and pug performance the reason Drg is not shouted for is because you can’t assume people have ranked up Nyame. Pug Drg and Sam are balls because they don’t have the gear or don’t swap damage types.
I'm not just talking about Odyssey C, it has been this way since I played in 2016. Ambu VD, Omen, etc., etc.

War and Drk are foolproof shouts for easy seg run because Sakpata unaugmented makes them tanky as hell while being both a tp and strong ws set.
Exactly, a more reliable choice, hence more desirable.

But when you compared fully geared dds in segs runs they perform close enough to each other.
Prior to R25 you are better using WAR DRK SAM, ok thanks for confirming my points.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2022-08-10 10:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pug Sam is often balls too they die to magic damage in their mpaca to set but not anymore with the empty +2 :).

Strange way to tier jobs based to do so based on their starting sets and how they perform with them in easy content like Ody C.

They may not be as good starting out but at high level endgame Drg becomes the best DD in some scenarios due to their hate shed/wsd.
There is not a huge difference between Rank 20 and Rank 25 nyame as well. Bumba v15 is quite an easy fight shouldn’t be hard for people to clear it most jobs in non bis gear are viable for it.
The top DDs are close enough in damage with rank 20 nyame.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-08-10 10:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-08-10 10:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I would personally say NIN is at the top tier of DDs in segments, absolutely at least as good as KC DRG.

It's rare that I parse less than 8m-8.5m damage on NIN nowadays, with spikes up to 9m if a run is particularly favorable to me. All while being essentially invulnerable to damage, with zero risk of death, because of Utsusemi, Migawari, and jumps. Which is something SAM & DRG cannot say.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 21 22 23