By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 22:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Q - "Who is your favorite NPC in FFXI?"

Me -

[+]
By Banhammer 2022-05-23 22:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Keep bringing up congestion like they forgot all the other servers even exist. Oof, right through my heart

Asura must die.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-05-23 22:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What I don't understand is why they don't just add some sort of additional funding mechanism to the project.

The question was asked about Fantasia. Every. Single. Person. I know would buy these. That's money in the bank for feature development.

We already pay 27 USD for all the wardrobes.

Add more micro-transactions that don't disrupt the gameplay. Like jesus ***. There's thousands of HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE whales like me.

Then again, I'm funding XIV development so I'm doubly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Stop pitching *** excuses and come up with solutions or shut the game down. Don't let it die off like an old dog with 3 legs, blind in both eyes, and can't control its bowels anymore.

I am incensed.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-23 22:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

OH!

Quote:
Q: auto-target

A: To determine a target, the auto-target system evaluates factors such as whether an enemy is close to the front of other characters within range. As you’ve pointed out, we believe the fact that it targets enemies outside of auto-attack range is an issue.

The system was sufficient back in the day when the game couldn’t gracefully handle as many monsters as it currently can; however, it’s true that it’s become less suitable for the battle styles of current players. There’s a lot of aspects to this that we’re unsure if we can adjust, so we’ll try requesting an investigation first.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 22:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool. They answered my question about auto-target problems.

Quote:
A: To determine a target, the auto-target system evaluates factors such as whether an enemy is close to the front of other characters within range. As you’ve pointed out, we believe the fact that it targets enemies outside of auto-attack range is an issue.

The system was sufficient back in the day when the game couldn’t gracefully handle as many monsters as it currently can; however, it’s true that it’s become less suitable for the battle styles of current players. There’s a lot of aspects to this that we’re unsure if we can adjust, so we’ll try requesting an investigation first.

So they are in agreement that the current autotarget behavior is an issue. Good to know.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-23 22:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The only useful development from this so far? Yeah, probably
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-05-23 22:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

remember that one interview where they basically said no to everything, but then dropped a whole graph when asked how TH works?

lightning struck twice, boys
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-05-23 22:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The real win would have been if we could actually see the damn dragon after 5+ min in area.

You can force Mireu to load in for you if you run out of bounds like 30-40 yalms, then back in. Works every single time, at least for me.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-23 22:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
The real win would have been if we could actually see the damn dragon after 5+ min in area.

You can force Mireu to load in for you if you run out of bounds like 30-40 yalms, then back in. Works every single time, at least for me.

Run just far enough to trigger the leaving the battle message, and come back. 100% of the time this works for me too.
[+]
By GwenStacy 2022-05-23 22:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

tldr

fixing mireu so *** you razma and spicyryan

SE won't give enough money to do anything else
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 23:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If it was Razma + Spicyryan who forced Spike flail constantly, then they are heroes that should be applauded by such dirty tactics. People noticed, reported it, and now it's going to get fixed. Do you think they would have ever cared to fix this if not for grief tactics? Gotta make a lil noise to get things done.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-23 23:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If it was Razma + Spicyryan who forced Spike flail constantly, then they are heroes that should be applauded by such dirty tactics. People noticed, reported it, and now it's going to get fixed. Do you think they would have ever cared to fix this if not for grief tactics? Gotta make a lil noise to get things done.

I keep trying to tell ya, make some *** noise

If you constantly affirm "this is fine" by doing nothing, they're going to assume it IS fine... and do nothing.
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-05-23 23:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Not on Asura so no idea what DI is like there, but was griefing at Mireu actually even a problem that needed to be solved before the two people mentioned above started doing it (and didn't at least one of them admit to flailing Mireu just to mess with people)? I don't think this has been an issue for any other server lol

Autotarget revamp would be pretty nice though, wow
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 23:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Griefing Mireu causes you to lose streak bonus, which makes DI point reset, which royally fcks the entire server. It wasn't a huge issue outside of just the select instances, but they specifically mentioned "Western Players" complaints and that the issue was on Asura. This is the biggest server, so screwing thousands of players, both JP and English alike is a pretty big deal. Especially new players. it's BECAUSE Asura houses such a large number of players that this needed to be addressed.

I mean, y'all can go off about how this game don't revolve around Asura, but it's usually Asura that finds these kinds of exploits or tactics and get them addressed. Even if it was dirty (usually stuff that gets fixed usually is from dirty measures), any problem that affects Asura, as big as the population is, is a pretty big deal, and by extension, affects even the smaller ones. Plus, it's server wide harassment so it's noteworthy. I'm glad they are going to take action.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-05-23 23:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been done before on Valefor a few times. Mireu at low HP with just little time remaining, someone flails and it's over. NA players don't really show up for Mireu, so it's already rough to kill it when it spawns outside of JP playtime.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2022-05-23 23:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Really good AMA afterall
They directly addressed technical concerns even if a lot of the answer is 'difficult' 'costly' but at least some issues like auto-attack and Meiru is going to get looked at?

They confirmed new battle content will be in a new area, so I assume new zones are indeed coming in some capacity.

And lots of mention of Tavzania and wanting to go there (as devs). Which is a good sign at least they will consider creating that zone if they can do it.
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-05-23 23:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus, it's server wide harassment so it's noteworthy. I'm glad they are going to take action.
Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
It's been done before on Valefor a few times. Mireu at low HP with just little time remaining, someone flails and it's over. NA players don't really show up for Mireu, so it's already rough to kill it when it spawns outside of JP playtime.
Yeah we lose ours every so often if it pops while nobody's online, don't think I've seen anyone cause a wipe on purpose though. That really sucks D:
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 23:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's one thing to lose the bonus because the server couldn't kill him in time. Completely different thing for the server to get it to <10% and then someone forces the mob to wipe everyone, and then you lose the bonus.
By Seun 2022-05-23 23:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura making sure that deep, engaging content like DI takes resources away from any of the other more meaningful additions and adjustments that could have been made. True heroes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2022-05-23 23:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen enough from this anniversary to know that I made the right decision to stop playing last year. I decided to try and enjoy a few weeks of free play to catch up on VR missions and it has been nothing but disappointment from the devs the entire time.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-24 00:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
Asura making sure that deep, engaging content like DI takes resources away from any of the other more meaningful additions and adjustments that could have been made. True heroes.

Which other meaningful addition or adjustment? They said "no" to practically everything else and "we'll think about it" to a handful of others. No resources are being diverted because they weren't going to invest much to begin with.

The only other thing they said they would look into was auto target, bundling subscriptions, and possible moglphone stacking.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-05-24 00:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »

We really needed devs to work on the 38th level 1 lockstyle dagger too.
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-05-24 00:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

A: We're preparing a battle area with an all-new appearance.

This is something I guess
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-24 00:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun was just saying a couple pages ago that SE probably wouldn't bother addressing auto target because it was brought up years ago when they did have resources, so now it's unlikely they would fix it. Turns out, the way the dev team is structured, game fixes are just about all they have the resources to do. All of this asking for "can you please add this?" Was met with "no". They really aren't going to add much else to this game besides minor tweaks, wish y'all would stop fantasizing about all this money and resources they are "wasting" that "could have been used for something else". They simply aren't operating that way anymore.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-24 00:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bosworth said: »
A: We're preparing a battle area with an all-new appearance.

This is something I guess

They commented on this previously. It's not an entirely new zone like Reisenjima to roam in, but rather a new legion-styled arena specifically for battle content.

Could be something tied to the TVR missions; there's a spot in QSC that acts as a "portal". They could create the zone somewhere in that region
By Bosworth 2022-05-24 00:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fine with me, a new zone is a new zone
By Seun 2022-05-24 02:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun was just saying a couple pages ago that SE probably wouldn't bother addressing auto target because it was brought up years ago when they did have resources, so now it's unlikely they would fix it. Turns out, the way the dev team is structured, game fixes are just about all they have the resources to do.

I was just a witness Buukki. We were told it wasn't possible to fix back then. Their words, not my opinion.
By RadialArcana 2022-05-24 03:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't buy FF16, or at least don't buy it in the first month if you plan to get it (even though it looks terrible). Because first month sales are huge to a ceo.

The only thing Square Enix cares about is their share price, anything you can do to lower their share price from the "not performing to expectations" is a win to make them wake up. Maybe to get that NFT loving CEO replaced.

FFXI and FFXIV are both run from Business division 3, this division only creates and runs mmorpgs. They have been forced to make FF16, which means they are taking money and manpower from these two mmorpgs to funnel into that because it's been having problems finishing up for the past year. If this game is a success, they will do more of this instead of just concentrating on their mmorpgs. If they can get away with doing less on their mmorpgs to pump out single player games too, they will do it and these games will get less and less dev time and money.

If you can express your annoyance in one way, make it that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-05-24 04:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Brixy said: »
At least they "answered" my question I guess? They nerf things that work on everything. So, savage blade spam is fine... Got it. Playing the game the way it was originally intended by making skillchains and magic bursts? *** off with that nonsense. Spamming 1 weaponskill with 0 thought process and easy moding everything? Hell yeah! That's where we want our playerbase!

This answer from them is what kinda pissed me off most but it also confirms they pretty much dont play the same game as players do. Saying mages have gotten buffs from adjustments is insane considering the only thing that happens is nerfs. Also the UI update not happening makes me sad.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-05-24 04:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

axetofall said: »
I am surprised at the fantasia thing. I'd imagine they'd make a nice chunk of $$$ off that. Or maybe I'm underestimating how crazy FFXI's spaghetti code actually is.

Questions like this really are borderline delusional though

Q: Even if there are currently no plans, would you please consider requesting a bigger budget and dedicated engineers to replace the PS2 development kits by creating new systems and a modern development environment for FFXI and then migrate all existing data and assets in order to resume major version updates? Even if it takes several years and incredible effort, many players feel it would be worth it for the game's future.

Had to sleep so I couldn't respond to this, but yes, it's absolutely a delusional and unrealistic request. Doesn't mean we, as paying customers, shouldn't make it.

By their own admittance in a recent interview, they still need to occasionally use the PS2 dev kits to compile their updates. Meaning if the last of those breaks down the game is done for good.

Is it even remotely likely they'll do anything to address this? Lol nope. But it sure sure as hell is going to be a problem in the future if they don't, assuming we want to keep playing for another 5-10 years with updates.

Might just be the usual PR talk, but at least they didn't respond with just a "no plans" like half of the other questions and mentioned wanting to revamp the backend three times throughout the AMA. So it may just come down to getting things approved by their superiors. Hell, everyone thought the dual subscription request was going to be shot down like last time, but they actually responded positively to it. If FFXI starts making more money again by drawing in FFXIV players they may actually have a shot.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 26 27 28