First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 26 27 28
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 20:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Would it be possible to add an item that allows race/gender change, similar to FFXIV's Fantasia system?

A: While it is possible, we learned that we would have to revamp several aspects of the backend. We would need to see if there’s enough demand to justify the development costs.

Which means no, because they will do nothing to see what the demand is.

It could mean "we will do it if the price is right" (also known as, paid service).
By RadialArcana 2022-05-23 20:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Would you be willing to consider bundling XI + XIV subs again, like they were during XIV 1.0? Even if it was a slightly more expensive subscription, I think that would allow more XIV players to try the game with minimal inconvenience to them.

permalinkembedsavereportgive awardreply

[–]FFXI_DevelopmentTeam[S] 5 points a minute ago

A: We would like to consider this for the future.

Translation:

When we retire and cease all updates, we will do this to try encourage you to move to ff14.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 20:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A: It would be appreciated if you could please report them to STF. Also, if you can detail what those bot characters are doing that's causing you trouble, that would help us during our investigations.

Did this Dev SERIOUSLY pull the "Report them to STF so we can fix the problem" finesse? Dude, like, lol. STF does absolutely nothing. That response is so laughable, I'm insulted lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-23 20:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like that response wasn't even to the right question

Edit: and screw your server load, no one does incursion! Remove 3 person limits!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 20:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Looks like that response wasn't even to the right question

It actually may have been the correct question.

Quote:
Would it be possible to add a player into blacklist as easily as it is to add someone in a party? Something like /search all player name > option "add to blist". This would make it easier to blacklist "players" that have names like 'qhguiqmhdgiq' .
By axetofall 2022-05-23 20:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I am surprised at the fantasia thing. I'd imagine they'd make a nice chunk of $$$ off that. Or maybe I'm underestimating how crazy FFXI's spaghetti code actually is.

Questions like this really are borderline delusional though

Q: Even if there are currently no plans, would you please consider requesting a bigger budget and dedicated engineers to replace the PS2 development kits by creating new systems and a modern development environment for FFXI and then migrate all existing data and assets in order to resume major version updates? Even if it takes several years and incredible effort, many players feel it would be worth it for the game's future.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-23 20:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

"hi, can I blacklist people easier?"

"nah, brah. Just report their ***"
[+]
By Banhammer 2022-05-23 20:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
detail what those bot characters are doing that's causing you trouble

Hahahaha. They're lowkey trolling you, because the answer is 'nothing'.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 20:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone should have asked "How come I report bots nonstop and they have been operating uninterrupted for several months now?"
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2022-05-23 20:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

They should have named this the "ask me about all the things we don't have planned/plans for" Vana'versary event.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-23 20:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone should have asked "How come I report bots nonstop and they have been operating uninterrupted for several months now?"

Quote:
Eiryl 2 hours ago

The STF has failed in it's mission to accomplish anything and seems to completely ignore any and all reports at this point. What are you doing to address that? Shout bots are prolific. CP selling accounts are prolific. Craft bots are prolific. These are all easily identifiable but are wholly ignored and continue to operate.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-05-23 20:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A: It would be appreciated if you could please report them to STF. Also, if you can detail what those bot characters are doing that's causing you trouble, that would help us during our investigations.

Did this Dev SERIOUSLY pull the "Report them to STF so we can fix the problem" finesse? Dude, like, lol. STF does absolutely nothing. That response is so laughable, I'm insulted lol

i did that like one time forever ago and it was such a process, i never wanted to do it again. the question for an easier "add to blist" option should just be an in game "report to STF" button. even if it doesn't do anything id at least have the satisfaction of pressing it
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 20:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually forgot to ask if they could add a feature to skip cutscenes. Hope someone else asked it.
By RadialArcana 2022-05-23 20:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate Square Enix so much lately. Waited all day and it's going to be a load of nothing answers wasting everyones time again.

So tired of this bs.
[+]
 Asura.Specialkid
By Asura.Specialkid 2022-05-23 21:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of the substantial answers that I've seen from these guys are mostly due to server load. God, that PS2 code must be grosser than I thought if they can't just update their servers to have better hardware or sumn
By axetofall 2022-05-23 21:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SE busting hopium bubbles left and right. At least they're honest.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 21:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

These answers so far have been

TLDR of this AMA so far
[+]
 Asura.Specialkid
By Asura.Specialkid 2022-05-23 21:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

>server congestion, increased server load, no we are not planning or doing this

Question: Can you add these windower addons as part of the UI?
Answer: Bro that ***will inflate our costs so much we will NEVER do any of that
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-23 21:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I gotta agree, it is kind of hilarious that the only positive answer has been towards something that would get them more money and more ffxiv players
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-05-23 21:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they should've done this before the anniversary livestream. That way, there'd be less people overdosing on hopium and getting disappointed.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-23 21:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ok then;

Quote:
Recent adjustments have all been buffs. We’d like to continue with only buffs moving forward.

Something something Naegling something something savage blade

Quote:
with that said, the reason for nerfing many strategies in the past was because they enabled players to defeat any enemy, regardless of difficulty, by employing that strategy alone
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-05-23 21:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Q: Would you please consider allowing players to store multiple "Moglophone" key items for Odyssey Sheols A, B, and C similar to the “Mystical Canteen” key items for Omen?

FFXI_DevelopmentTeam
OP
9 points
·
25 minutes ago
A: We'll observe the congestion surrounding Odyssey and consider this.
Well, it's not an outright "no", at least.
[+]
 Asura.Specialkid
By Asura.Specialkid 2022-05-23 21:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
o

So, through their strategy of using buffs as game balance, they have officially endorsed using Naegling as it stands currently.

Also lmaoooooo
edit: oh, that quote didn't go through, nvm
[+]
By Manque 2022-05-23 21:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

With how long I have been in and out of FFXI I know my view is overly optimistic and can be too sentimental, but I think Matsui and Fujito deserve more credit than we generally give them. They are most likely wanting to implement or change many things for FFXI but are constricted by their seniors. I imagine they are fighting a lot of battles internally on behalf of the FFXI community. It must hurt for them to read so many negative responses and reactions. Expressing our frustration is fine but that should go against the company in general, not Matsui and Fujito where possible. I guess everyone is just a bit shellshocked from all the truth bombs being dropped.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-23 21:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If they don't tell me the mastery rank cap is 8 and there are no plans to expand upon mastery rank... Then I'll have to keep grinding forever and keep paying the sub forever

All according to their master plan
[+]
By Banhammer 2022-05-23 21:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Has any content gotten them so much consistent negative feedback as Odyssey?
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2022-05-23 21:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

At least they "answered" my question I guess? They nerf things that work on everything. So, savage blade spam is fine... Got it. Playing the game the way it was originally intended by making skillchains and magic bursts? *** off with that nonsense. Spamming 1 weaponskill with 0 thought process and easy moding everything? Hell yeah! That's where we want our playerbase!

[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-05-23 21:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

we'll nerf Geomancy for a whole zone though
[+]
By Banhammer 2022-05-23 21:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Manque said: »
With how long I have been in and out of FFXI I know my view is overly optimistic and can be too sentimental, but I think Matsui and Fujito deserve more credit than we generally give them. They are most likely wanting to implement or change many things for FFXI but are constricted by their seniors. I imagine they are fighting a lot of battles internally on behalf of the FFXI community. It must hurt for them to read so many negative responses and reactions. Expressing our frustration is fine but that should go against the company in general, not Matsui and Fujito where possible. I guess everyone is just a bit shellshocked from all the truth bombs being dropped.

Well since they "don't read this forum" TM, they'll never see the negative reactions. I don't think anyone blames them personally but they have done nothing to foster a positive relationship with western players either. I'm indifferent as to what their feelings are, that being the case.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 26 27 28