Asura.Bigtymer
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2022-04-06 11:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Sroda Tathlum looks like it has good potential too, though I have less to say about that one and will wait to see further testing.

What more you want to be tested?

It's 10% chance for +25% damage modifier on magic attacks including nukes, magic WSs and enspell.

I assume he's skeptical of the one person who tested it, which is an understandable position.
By SimonSes 2022-04-06 11:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bigtymer said: »
Sroda Tathlum looks like it has good potential too, though I have less to say about that one and will wait to see further testing.

It's 10% chance for +25% damage modifier on magic attacks including nukes, magic WSs and enspell.

I assume he's skeptical of the one person who tested it, which is an understandable position.

Not really understandable. Weeew's trolling is always obvious, creative and targeted to fun people with hilarious stuff. He doesn't troll with false data of real item to confuse people.
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-04-06 11:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really understandable. Weeew's trolling is always obvious, creative and targeted to fun people with hilarious stuff. He doesn't troll with false data of real item to confuse people.

I think the point he's making is that he'd like to see testing beyond what 1 random person with a history of trolling. I've seen a lot of false data on here, even coming from people who are given false praise. I've seen some tests done with orpheus before. One did some bad sampling in uncontrolled conditions... handful of people ate it up.

He wasn't being argumentative, just wanting additional sources. Not all items are crystal clear or worded well. Sometimes there are caveats.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-04-06 12:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe my choice of wording in using "testing" wasn't fully explaining things...

1) As others mentioned, one thing is getting verification from more than one source. Especially seeing as how the current only source does have a reputation for glorious trolling (largely focused on plausibly great item stats). I think Weeew is probably telling the truth here, but even if it's legitimate there is also always the possibility of someone making an honest mistake when trying to test a new item. Trust but verify ;)

2) My bigger point is that I'm not the biggest expert on the jobs on this item, so even if the item effects have been stated 100% correctly, I don't have an intuitive sense of when that's better than the alternatives. And I haven't done the math myself. So, would look to others to provide some context and comparison - not quite "testing" of the item itself in a vacuum.

For the other Sroda items, by just looking at the stats I have a better understanding of when to use them and how they compare to the alternatives.

Weeew said: »
'Magic critical hit rate II +10%' grants 10% chance for 1.25 multiplier to Magic Damage.

Additional notes:
-Is not affected by Magic Critical Hit Chance I or Magic Critical Hit Damage I.
-Is not affected by SDT in any way.
- Works on both Elemental Magic and Magic Weapon Skills.
- Works with Enspell.

I also don't fully understand the above notes. Might just be me being slow though, I fully acknowledge that ;) But my questions:

* Does "1.25 multiplier to Magic Damage" mean it's applied after ALL other calculations (or at some other point)? Is it just the the "Magic Damage" stat component of the total calculation? I'm not quite clear. Mathing it out, how does that compare to other mage ammo alternatives (like a Ghastly Tathlum +1 that helps on every single spell instead of only 10% of them) over time?

* I'm not too familiar with the "SDT" terminology. SDT = resist?

* This sounds like a completely new way to modify Enspells. How was the Enspell damage tested? Is a bonus applied before or after any "Enspell Damage +" gear (which I understand is just a straight addition to the total damage on each hit)? Can the RDM pros help me wrap my head around implications? Does this make Enspell IIs more appealing? Just want some input from the hardcore RDM community to "get" this piece.
[+]
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2022-04-06 13:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Voicing skepticism toward the statement of a person on the internet with a proven troll record is not understandable? I feel like it's so understandable that it speaks for itself. There's something admirable about how trusting you are, but I'll wait for a 2nd source personally.

FWIW, I would bet that his findings are probably legit, mainly because it would be a rather un-clever troll compared to his previous trolls.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-04-06 13:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

25% modifier for damage at the end (for all of them nukes, WSs, Enspell). SDT was only mentioned because someone was asking about it. It's basically 2.5% increase to avg damage, if you want to flat it out. Probably slightly more than other option for WSs and Nukes, but not by much. Also probably bis for enspell damage, but it's still only just 2.5% on avg
By Mattelot 2022-04-06 13:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Voicing skepticism toward the statement of a person on the internet with a proven troll record is not understandable? I feel like it's so understandable that it speaks for itself.

There is nothing questionable about it. It's the same reason why I and several others take some of the guides for this game with a ginormous grain of salt. If a person wants to be taken seriously with their data/information, they need to stop their track records of being a nonconformity.

FWIW, I would bet that his findings are probably legit, mainly because it would be a rather un-clever troll compared to his previous trolls.

And this too could be true as well. Even with the boy who cried wolf... the wolf eventually comes. A stopped clock is right twice each day.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-04-06 15:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean a screenshot of enspell damage randomly jumping up a bit more would work as proof. Rather than anecdotal "oh yeah, works with enspell! Also, makes you breakfast occasionally or something!"
[+]
By Weeew 2022-04-06 15:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a 1.25 multiplier on top of everything else. You will see your damage randomly jump up by exactly 25%. Enspell, WS, nukes, all the same.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-06 15:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

+25% WSD on elemental WS it's now a billion gil item
By SimonSes 2022-04-06 15:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
+25% WSD on elemental WS it's now a billion gil item

10% of the time. It would probably still be worth it like 50-100M completely ignoring its rarity, but jobs on it are only mages, so only really like RDM, who will seriously take advantage of it for elemental WS. With all jobs on it, it would be worth much more.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-04-06 15:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Simon said it

The people who got it for 10-20M got it for a steal.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-06 15:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone selling a new item, regardless what it is or does for less than 100m is a moron, so if they went for 10, absolutely a steal
By SimonSes 2022-04-06 15:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone selling a new item, regardless what it is or does for less than 100m is a moron, so if they went for 10, absolutely a steal

Nah I get you. Considering rarity and "new" tag, it could sell for few hundreds, but I'm just saying real worth is around 50M probably.

EDIT: That being said I just bought Sroda earring for 30M from AH and I was only fooling around really. I was really surprised it was successful XD
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-04-06 23:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

some light testing with it, tathlum does do 25% on enspell/nukes, not seeing that on ws though, at least for 1089tp rock crushers on a blm it was 2502nq/2709 crit on Apex Bats in Dho Gates(wasn't swapping out of TP set), so the 25% might be incorporated before mdam calc or something on those? I forgot some of my tests were flawed because I used Arciela for haste and she has the mab buff I wasn't noticing. Testing with crocea sanguine, it seems to be 1.25 on sanguine flat increase, pretty nice ammo.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-04-07 04:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sroda Earring:

Seems to be +10 base damage to melee attack (including Ready moves, Bloodpacts etc.). Doesn't work for automaton's ranged attacks.

It's less attractive for Automaton probably, especially under Overdrive, because of high base damage from Magniplugs, but afaik it's still bis earring for Bone Crusher and Automaton's melee and it's also excellent Dual set ring, because it buffs master with DA+7% while boosting Automaton's Bone Crusher/melee at the same time.

Afaik its also bis for physical BP on SMN. I noticed around 3.5-4% increase on Hysteric Assault, while alternative BP+5 earring would only provide like ~1.9% increase

For BST it was tested by Falkirk

For DRG wyvern melee damage is negligible (unless you go for some fun experiment I have seen once, when someone was using just Wyvern to kill NM by transferring tons of buffs on it :D)

Beside enhancing pets, there is also 7%DA for master which is usually bis or evenly bis for TP and some WS sets.

I had mixed feeling after buying it for 30M (especially that it was put on AH for 10M I think lol, which would be a steal), but now I would say it was worth it.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2022-04-08 12:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It may have already been answered, but is there a reason these new items are Still not on this website?
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-04-08 12:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
It may have already been answered, but is there a reason these new items are Still not on this website?
FFXIAH? It takes 1-6 months for items to be added.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-08 12:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to flag one of them down and remind them to do it
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-04-09 00:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess this is worth mention.. got Crep knife and loud that came from candy coffer :)
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-04-09 00:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to flag one of them down and remind them to do it
Haha and not allows once... Latest example this month.
By SimonSes 2022-04-10 13:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I can 100% confirm Sroda Ring Trust buff works dynamically during hit, but I couldn't pin whats the actual buff is. Seems to be either +1% attack or +10 attack per Trust.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2022-04-10 16:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That would place it as potentially the same attack buff as Naegling
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2022-04-10 16:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
That would place it as potentially the same attack buff as Naegling

Naegling is 1% per buff, this appears to be 1-5% (assuming alliance trusts dont work, but who uses trusts in an alliance). Maybe the same if you have hardly any buffs and lots of trusts lol but no not really in the same league to be honest. The pdl is interesting though
By SimonSes 2022-04-10 17:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he meant 1% attack interval is the same, not upper limit. Like it might be copy paste mechanic with different trigger.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2022-04-10 18:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

that's pretty clearly what I meant, yes
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-04-10 18:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if this is their way of introducing Trust/Player gear. The only other gear that has anything to do with Trusts are DI armor sets, and those are limited to within those 3 dragon battlefields.
By cuddlyhamster 2022-04-10 19:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the Unity leader shirts not do anything for trusts?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-04-11 08:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you get different dialogue if you lockstyle them and summon the trust. Not sure if it actually changes behavior.