A.M.A.N. Specific Items
First Page 2 3
 Phoenix.Beerus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Nioooo
By Phoenix.Beerus 2022-04-04 15:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

A.M.A.N. Trove has undergone the following additions and adjustments.
-Various new visual and audio effects have been added.
-New items have been added, including some equipment exclusive to
A.M.A.N. Trove.(New exclusive equipment??)
-Some existing items have been remove from the list of available
spoils.(What was removed?)
-Greyson in Lower Jeuno (G-11) will now provide players with
additional and adjusted explanations.
-Players will now receive a random item by trading used Mars orbs
and Venus orbs to Greyson in Lower Jeuno (G-11).

Thoughts?? My vote is Vanity equipment ....
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-04 15:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56615/april-2022-version-update
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-04-04 16:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes sense to have a separate thread for it anyhow. People will ask the same question dozens of times and have to dig through 9+ pages to find the answer. (They will do the same thing here, but at least it's specific to the AMAN Trove BCNM).

Here's a link to the new items (idk how to copy/paste/dump this into forums):

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/April_2022_Version_Update_Changes

Sroda Necklace 99 Neck Ailment Resistance Magic effect +20 Enhancing Magic Duration -50% WHM / RDM
Sroda Belt 99 Waist "Cure" potency +35% "Regen" potency +20% "Regen" duration +15 Healing and enhancing magic cost +25% PLD / RUN
Sroda Ring 99 Rings STR+15 DEX-20 Physical damage cap +3% Attack increases with number of alter egos in party WAR / MNK / RDM / THF / PLD / DRK / BST / BRD / RNG / SAM / NIN / DRG / BLU / COR / PUP / DNC / RUN
Sroda Earring 99 Earrings Evasion-10 Magic Evasion-10 Pet Alive: "Double Attack"+7% Pet melee attack DMG+10 BST / DRG / SMN / PUP
Sroda Tathlum 99 Magic Accuracy-10 Magic Evasion-10 Magic critical hit rate II +10% BLM / RDM / SCH / GEO
[+]
By Weeew 2022-04-04 16:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sroda Tathlum

'Magic critical hit rate II +10%' grants 10% chance for 1.25 multiplier to Magic Damage.

Additional notes:
-Is not affected by Magic Critical Hit Chance I or Magic Critical Hit Damage I.
-Is not affected by SDT in any way.
- Works on both Elemental Magic and Magic Weapon Skills.
- Works with Enspell.
[+]
 Phoenix.Beerus
By Phoenix.Beerus 2022-04-04 16:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing there really sticks out as a "must have" tbh.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-04-04 20:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The Sroda Earring looks pretty nice for dragoon, little bit of bonus double attack to lose when your wyvern eats an errant AoE.
By Weeew 2022-04-05 11:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Edited post above. Sroda Tathlum works with Enspell too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-04-05 11:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
Edited post above. Sroda Tathlum works with Enspell too.
Surrre. We believe you Weeew ;)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-04-05 11:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Beerus said: »

Considering how cheap and long-lasting barspells are, and that RDM doesn't get barspell potency gear the way WHM does, and then adding to this fact that /WHM does offer a lot more reasons to use it for a RDM with Master Levels (curaga3), that neck looks absolutely lovely for a main healing RDM.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-04-05 11:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

20 extra resistance isn't nothing, any decent WHM should want it. Who cares about duration, it's already insanely long to the point that recasts aren't a balancing factor unless mobs dispel.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-04-05 11:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly, it should but bar status pretty close to the duration for bar element spells on whm, which i think is a plus.
 Phoenix.Beerus
By Phoenix.Beerus 2022-04-05 15:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
20 extra resistance isn't nothing, any decent WHM should want it. Who cares about duration, it's already insanely long to the point that recasts aren't a balancing factor unless mobs dispel.
I did see that after I commented. But, with or without any of these pieces, all content in the game can be WON WITH OLDER GEAR. Not saying min/maxing isn't part of the game , and quite literally what many of us still play for . I just really wanted something to come from this that was on par with a "I WANT IT SO BAD" piece of armor . You know ?
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2022-04-05 15:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I did see that after I commented. But, with or without any of these pieces, all content in the game can be WON WITH OLDER GEAR. Not saying min/maxing isn't part of the game , and quite literally what many of us still play for . I just really wanted something to come from this that was on par with a "I WANT IT SO BAD" piece of armor . You know ?

I don't know. Fabulous thing that you can only see it through the screenshots of everyone else but you... Sorry. It's already painful enough with SE giving me juice as "Thanks for playing, please try again" for their lottery of not so awesome prizes.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-04-05 15:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a weird way of looking at it. There's no new content in the game, so obviously all older content can be beaten without this gear which was just released. You could beat Bumba if you wanted to with a Centurion's Sword, the idea of new gear is just that: new items to build new sets from. Nothing they ever release is ever "gamebreaking", until players figure out how to break things with it. Then it becomes "valuable". Idk, seeing as how the Tathlum can deal 25% more damage 1/10 of the time, that's a pretty cool item to throw on BLM. It's not huge, and the proc rate isn't super high, but it's fun to have and play with. Sure would help a little on Ongo. Little improvement here or there.

What would make me more upset is if they DID make a gamebreaking item and then locked it behind...idk, maybe a Bonanza or something. That would piss me off to no end, because then you're just teasing people. Glad they've never done that yet.... >.> But at least you can buy these ones and play around with them.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-04-05 16:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think all of them look like they have clear BiS situations. Though if the asking price is stupid, maybe less "must have" from a cost/benefit analysis POV...

Sroda Ring (STR+15/DEX-20/PDL+3%) should be very strong for a lot of STR mod WS, provided no DEX mod on the WS and sufficient accuracy (and innate WS ~+100 Acc bonus to first hit of WS helps a lot). It's basically a better Regal Ring for STR-only WS - where you currently use Regal on a STR WS, this should be an upgrade. Definitely so if you're able to cap attack and use that PDL.

Even better with Trusts, due to the special effect of giving atk+ boost based on number of trusts (how much per trust is the question). And kinda funny that this arguably hurts it a little for one obvious candidate of Naegling Savage Blade, which gets a boost from # of buffs (likely able to stack more buffs with real players than trusts...)

Sroda Earring is prob a BiS TP piece for BST DRG PUP not using a Mythic (and SMN melee getting TP to put up Nirvana aftermath or something :P). For Mythic weapons, something like Sherida/Dedition (assuming not struggling for Acc) may still win for DRG BST; PUP not having access to Sherida is a little bit of a tougher call, maybe Kenkonken PUP would stick to something like Telos/Dedition. Eva/Meva-10 downside is pretty negligible too.

Sroda Belt MP cost+ is quite annoying to me, maybe the most obnoxious downside of this group of accessories. But you can't really argue with BiS cure/regen potency for PLD RUN. If MP isn't a concern, this looks like a definite improvement.

Sroda Necklace as described above, seems like easy BiS call for the appropriate Barspells. Effect is a little annoying, but honestly pretty easy for RDM to deal with the duration- due to the job's already insane spell duration potential. And it's not THAT bad even for a WHM - can already get around 15min duration with a good duration set (Telchine, Gada/Ammurapi, Embla Sash), so half of that is still a decent length. Question would be whether the spells are actually WORTH whatever price this thing ends up setting at (Baramnesra only does so much lol). I'm assuming from the item description that this doesn't affect Bar-element spells (i.e, it helps Barparalyze but not Barblizzard) - would be nice to see confirmation.

Sroda Tathlum looks like it has good potential too, though I have less to say about that one and will wait to see further testing.
[+]
By gregchiro2013 2022-04-05 16:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They must have augments planned in the future for these lol
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2022-04-05 17:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

gregchiro2013 said: »
They must have augments planned in the future for these lol

Let's hope it's not earned by opening the rainbow chests because I have only seen one in my entire little life.
 Asura.Vindus
user: Arc
By Asura.Vindus 2022-04-05 17:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sroda Necklace as described above, seems like easy BiS call for the appropriate Barspells. Effect is a little annoying, but honestly pretty easy for RDM to deal with the duration- due to the job's already insane spell duration potential. And it's not THAT bad even for a WHM - can already get around 15min duration with a good duration set (Telchine, Gada/Ammurapi, Embla Sash), so half of that is still a decent length. Question would be whether the spells are actually WORTH whatever price this thing ends up setting at (Baramnesra only does so much lol). I'm assuming from the item description that this doesn't affect Bar-element spells (i.e, it helps Barparalyze but not Barblizzard) - would be nice to see confirmation.

Just got one of these. It did not enhance barfire when cast. It did however cut the duration which is what you would expect given the item description.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-04-05 17:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It says ailment resistance, so prob only works for sleep/para/poison etc like Capuchin said
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-05 18:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be obvious that it didn't work on bar element when it says bar ailment.

But it's not like you could ever know if that's working either since the stat is hidden.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-04-05 18:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It should have been obvious that new "Apex" monsters were immune to Cruel Joke/Doom upon release.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-05 18:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course see if they *** it up but don't expect it to be *** up

(well that isn't exactly right either, I expect them to always *** it up.......)
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-04-06 00:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully a seemingly clear item description is correct, but yeah... test it to verify was my point. Especially for an effect we don't often get on gear. It's not like we've never seen translation errors, bugged item effects, or even flat out incorrect item descriptions (for instance, Fotia Gorget/Belt "Weapon skill damage +10%").

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What would make me more upset is if they DID make a gamebreaking item and then locked it behind...idk, maybe a Bonanza or something. That would piss me off to no end, because then you're just teasing people. Glad they've never done that yet.... >.>

Yeah, it's great that they haven't done that. Can you imagine how annoying it would be if you had an LS mate who doesn't even care about, say, Ninja... and they end up with this hypothetical gamebreaking Bonanza-only Ninja item, when you're a Ninja who would really want it? Really glad they haven't done that, yep.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-04-06 09:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Sroda Tathlum looks like it has good potential too, though I have less to say about that one and will wait to see further testing.

What more you want to be tested?

It's 10% chance for +25% damage modifier on magic attacks including nukes, magic WSs and enspell.
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2022-04-06 09:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sroda ring
Testing in Non-escha zone

Att with ring and no trust: 1231
Att with ring and any number of trust: 1231

Att with ring, no trust and engaged: 1482
Att with ring, any number of trust and engaged: 1482

Am I missing something here or is ring bugged?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-04-06 09:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aerox said: »
Am I missing something here
until someone actually tests, probably better to assume it's calculated in real time and won't show on stat screen than to assume it's bugged, like 'weapon skill attack' and other conditionals that never show up visibly
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-04-06 10:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Need testing on Sroda Tathlum. Would it work with enspell?
By Shichishito 2022-04-06 10:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
SimonSes said: »
It's 10% chance for +25% damage modifier on magic attacks including nukes, magic WSs and enspell.
 Odin.Phinneus
Server: Odin
user: ayer
By Odin.Phinneus 2022-04-06 10:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

Weew mentioned that it works with enspell.

Weeew said: »
Sroda Tathlum

'Magic critical hit rate II +10%' grants 10% chance for 1.25 multiplier to Magic Damage.

Additional notes:
-Is not affected by Magic Critical Hit Chance I or Magic Critical Hit Damage I.
-Is not affected by SDT in any way.
- Works on both Elemental Magic and Magic Weapon Skills.
- Works with Enspell.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-04-06 10:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

probably better to assume it's calculated in real time and won't show on stat screen

They did the same thing with Tandem job traits for BST. And someone mentioned to me that Naegling also doesn't calculate the attack bonus +% per buff on the menu screen either, so maybe they modeled it after these designs.
[+]
First Page 2 3