Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-12-09 22:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Patch Notes
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58927-December-10-2021-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Items
New Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/December_2021_Version_Update_Changes

Changed Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/December_2021_Version_Update_Changes/Existing_Items

Digest #30
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-09 23:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This time around you can enjoy:

1. Winter Alter Ego Extravaganza (the good set of twice-per-year trusts).
2. Adventurer Gratitude Campaign (Weekly logins for free stuff including Kupofried trust)
3. Login Campaign with lots of stuff including the login trusts set, an outfit, furnishing, and mount. No waifu statue though.
4. Starlight Celebration (A ton of stuff to do here. Outfits, furnishings, foods)!!!
5. Dragon Quest crossover event. Rare AF.
6. Nomad Mog Bonanza for us to not win.
7. Two AMAN Trove vouchers daily.
8. Free-to-play for 19~ days. (Maybe longer by a day depending on when they flip the switch to turn it on/off).
9. Discount Campaign for all of your server hopping needs.
10. Exp Boost Campaign. (It could just be this and I'd be happy).
11. Delve (Plasm) Campaign.
12. Surge Walk of Echos Campaign. Logwatch 2.0 drops mostly unless you get lucky, but sometimes good stuff and it all NPCs for $.
13. Alter Ego Buff Campaign (but not the Plus one where they get Reraise).
14. Voidwatch lights to max campaign. Get that bread!
15. Six Daily Dark Matter freebie augments. Get those random augments!
16. Abjuration Dial for all of your inventory - needs.
17. Combat/Magic skill up Boost Campaign. Not the crafting one though. Boo! Boo, I say!
18. The Voracious Resurgence goodies including more missions, a furnishing, a pot leaf lockstyle, and a... cape.
19. No more exp loss in Trove. Goes great with Silver Voucher campaign.
20. Ambuscade purchase limits eased on some things.
21. Some monsters moved due to them being placed in areas that complicated poor Ob's spawn location.
22. At least some effort towards curbing RMT (more of a placebo though).
23. At least 12 "resolved issues" bug fixes noted (which aren't impressive, but are something that took time).

Edit: Note that not all of these campaigns have activated just yet with the version update but will be rolled out over the span of the upcoming week or so per announcements already released as well as announcements in the monthly update FFXI Digest and Freshly Picked videos. Sorry for any confusion.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-12-09 23:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So are they adding new apex mobs or not? In the video they said they were adding mobs that give exemplar points, but in the notes they only say they're removing mobs from alzaadal (the ones sitting ontop of Ob most likely).
By Draylo 2021-12-09 23:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the game go down already? I didn't spend my ambuscade points
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-12-09 23:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Did the game go down already? I didn't spend my ambuscade points
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-12-10 00:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
So are they adding new apex mobs or not? In the video they said they were adding mobs that give exemplar points, but in the notes they only say they're removing mobs from alzaadal (the ones sitting ontop of Ob most likely).

Level adjustment has been abolished in Aydeewa Subterrane.

I would take that as a hint.
By macsdf1 2021-12-10 00:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ***, forgot to collect ambu too gdammit, had 120k points haha
stupid bank issue distracted me grrr
By Ruaumoko 2021-12-10 00:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You usally see Diremites, Crawlers and Worms in Aydeewa.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-10 00:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

To be serious though, I wonder what the costume effect will be.

A free sneak and invisible effect once every hour... for people that have completed Rhapsody of Vanadiel and have access to oils/powders from the Curio Vendor Moogle since Rhapsody In White KI was obtained. Big oof. Right to the storage slip with you.

Very miss on the usefulness of the back piece, but at least now WHMs and GEOs can lockstyle pot leaves.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-12-10 00:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There were no new apex mobs in Aydeewa that we saw in the dat file for mob listings. My guess is a new ROE under Quests 4 for a voucher.

Maybe their "new ways for Exemplar Points" mean the fact that Exemplar points can be obtained from Very Easy Prey+ now and not Easy Prey+...
By shamgi 2021-12-10 00:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
A free sneak and invisible effect once every hour... for people that have completed Rhapsody of Vanadiel and are nearly always going to be level 99.

And the last one had Thunder 1 as a spell.

The enhancement is only to give it some character, not actually be useful.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-10 00:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

shamgi said: »
The enhancement is only to give it some character, not actually be useful.

A version update thread without at least three complaints is considered a dull affair.
By SimonSes 2021-12-10 00:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Maybe their "new ways for Exemplar Points" mean the fact that Exemplar points can be obtained from Very Easy Prey+ now and not Easy Prey+...

Nah, that was only cosmetic EDIT: well not cosmetic, more like QoL for Master Level players to be able to see which mobs gives exp and limit, but not EP.

Quote:
Enemy strength as displayed by /check only serves as a rough guide as to whether or not you will earn exemplar points for defeating a foe. Note that enemies who /check as “Too Weak” may still yield experience and limit points.
* The monsters to which the above applies will be marked as “Very Easy Prey” in the December 2021 version update.
By Homsar 2021-12-10 01:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this isn't the right place for it, but does anyone else feel like the drop rate of crystals in Omen has decreased since the last update? I feel like I used to average ~12 per run and now I'm finding it hard to even get 10.
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2021-12-10 01:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There are still Apex Cogs in Nyzul. I guess they only moved some that were around pop spots, but I havnt verified.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-10 01:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Monthly Deeds are Grow and Harvest, Exp Chains, Wanted, and the high-tier mission battlefield is Titan's Trial By Earth. Just did it and got credit so it's confirmed.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-10 01:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So, the "exp nerf" is for SPECIFICALLY 7-11 players.

The bots that sell points use alliances, but not with 7-11 players..... so.......... I mean.......... yeah.

At least, when I grab the cheap boys to speed up an oopsie I've never seen the party bigger than 2+4, the healer the haster the 2nd geo are all outside the party.

Obligatory; Doesn't appear to have changed a god damn thing, same ol shouts same ol bots, working as intended but made it sound like they were trying. What a con.
By macsdf1 2021-12-10 01:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

apex colibri [where?]

astral drops always random. Heck I've gotten 4 before with th 14 thief;;
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-10 01:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty phat patch for Xmas! Right?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-10 02:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They should bring back Goblin Bounty Hunters to counteract RMT
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-12-10 02:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sagaxi said: »
There are still Apex Cogs in Nyzul. I guess they only moved some that were around pop spots, but I havnt verified.

Quote:
Alzadaal Undersea Ruins (G-7)

It was specifically said where..
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-10 02:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Pretty phat patch for Xmas! Right?

I dunno. Seems pretty good to me. A lot of it is campaign stuff that should have normally happened in November (FFXI.. 11... 11th month Novemeber; like they normally do), but hell. I'll take it.

It may not seem groundbreaking if you have done the majority of all the events before, have all the stuff from campaigns/logins/ambuscade, or if you don't do certain battlefield types, but beats a sharp stick in the eye.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-10 02:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more disappointed by a xmas patch with no new content, nothing new to do, no new level cap for Master Levels

I would've honestly been happy enough with more camps for Exemplar Points but we didn't get those either, so... yeah, sorry if I'm demanding but nope, not gonna call myself satisfied.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-12-10 03:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm more disappointed by a xmas patch with no new content, nothing new to do, no new level cap for Master Levels

I would've honestly been happy enough with more camps for Exemplar Points but we didn't get those either, so... yeah, sorry if I'm demanding but nope, not gonna call myself satisfied.

Im with Sechs. I would like that too, even when I don't have much energy to play right now (going through COVID :/) and seems like I will be busy in work during second half of the month (assuming COVID wont kill me). On the other hand I think its a good month for me to make VR finally (I haven't started, so there is probably quite a lot of content there I guess?) and I can ML my next priority jobs and maybe spam Voidwatch.

Are we sure that they haven't just added more apex to Promys or Ruins?
 Siren.Vanian
Server: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2021-12-10 03:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

". Two AMAN Trove vouchers daily."

Where is this from? Never noticed that anywhere
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-10 03:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouch Simon, a big hug and best of luck for your illness ><
No vaccine at all for you, I assume?
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-10 03:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Vanian said: »
". Two AMAN Trove vouchers daily."

Where is this from? Never noticed that anywhere

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
It was announced in the last freshly picked.

Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-12-10 04:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

December Monthly Update:
Windower Resources: Updated.
KParser Memloc: 00623508 (No Change.)
Box Destroyer: Changed.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-12-10 05:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

This time around you can enjoy:

1. Winter Alter Ego Extravaganza (the good set of twice-per-year trusts).
2. Adventurer Gratitude Campaign (Weekly logins for free stuff including Kupofried trust)
3. Login Campaign with lots of stuff including the login trusts set, an outfit, furnishing, and mount. No waifu statue though.
4. Starlight Celebration (A ton of stuff to do here. Outfits, furnishings, foods)!!!
5. Dragon Quest crossover event. Rare AF.
6. Nomad Mog Bonanza for us to not win.
7. Two AMAN Trove vouchers daily.
8. Free-to-play for 19~ days. (Maybe longer by a day depending on when they flip the switch to turn it on/off).
9. Discount Campaign for all of your server hopping needs.
10. Exp Boost Campaign. (It could just be this and I'd be happy).
11. Delve (Plasm) Campaign.
12. Surge Walk of Echos Campaign. Logwatch 2.0 drops mostly unless you get lucky, but sometimes good stuff and it all NPCs for $.
13. Alter Ego Buff Campaign (but not the Plus one where they get Reraise).
14. Voidwatch lights to max campaign. Get that bread!
15. Six Daily Dark Matter freebie augments. Get those random augments!
16. Abjuration Dial for all of your inventory - needs.
17. Combat/Magic skill up Boost Campaign. Not the crafting one though. Boo! Boo, I say!
18. The Voracious Resurgence goodies including more missions, a furnishing, a pot leaf lockstyle, and a... cape.
19. No more exp loss in Trove. Goes great with Silver Voucher campaign.
20. Ambuscade purchase limits eased on some things.
21. Some monsters moved due to them being placed in areas that complicated poor Ob's spawn location.
22. At least some effort towards curbing RMT (more of a placebo though).
23. At least 12 "resolved issues" bug fixes noted (which aren't impressive, but are something that took time).

Edit: Note that not all of these campaigns have activated just yet with the version update but will be rolled out over the span of the upcoming week or so per announcements already released as well as announcements in the monthly update FFXI Digest and Freshly Picked videos. Sorry for any confusion.

I actually like this meme and I am stealing this. Thank you.
[+]
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2021-12-10 05:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Was this not meant to be the month that we get (or at least hear about) the inventory expansions? We got told it would happen by end of year, right?
First Page 2 3 4