New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » December 2021 Version Update
December 2021 Version Update
By SimonSes 2021-12-14 06:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They have zero elemental resist, only yoran is ever going to actually fully resist anything. The campaign will just make them wear faster.

You dont need elemental resist to stop enfeebling effect to take effect. It all depends what enfeebling effect and how many resist stages it has.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-14 07:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that sucks, so much for my monstrosity spriggan sub species unlocks
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-14 08:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
They have zero elemental resist, only yoran is ever going to actually fully resist anything. The campaign will just make them wear faster.

You dont need elemental resist to stop enfeebling effect to take effect. It all depends what enfeebling effect and how many resist stages it has.

That's not what I said, and why I don't want you replying to ***I DO actually say. Now I have to bother clarifying.

The campaign gives such a negligible amount of status resist that they're never going to resist anything fully, if they had some amount of elemental resist TOO it would happen at least occasionally enough to notice. (or if the campaign was more than like 20%) They make it sound like some incredible boon, when it literally never works. While resisting has levels it should be called something else with enfeebles. Even if you 1/8th a slow you still got slowed.

BuT IvE sEeN iT wOrK tWiCe so here's a story about it. This one time at band camp Ulmia completely resisted silence.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-14 08:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

1/8 resist on Slow is a full resist. I'm pretty sure that a 1/4 resist is also a full resist for Slow.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-12-14 08:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Im happy that Geriond stepped to educate you, because your attitude of "oh I will drop it here pretending Im smart. Just don't answer this I doesn't care" is really too annoying and the only reason I correct you all the time is for the sake of other people thinking you stating facts, while in reality you have no idea what are you talking about.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-12-19 08:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The alliance XP nerf was so needlessly specific, I'm starting to wonder if it was a warning. Especially since they stated they will revisit it.

It almost feels like they are trying to tell the sellers to leave a few camps open, or if they don't they will make the nerf apply to everyone over 7+ on Apex.

"As an anti-RMT mercenary measure, certain monsters will now grant fewer of the following points when vanquished in an alliance of between 7 and 11 players."
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-12-19 08:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
It almost feels like they are trying to tell the sellers to leave a few camps open, or if they don't they will make the nerf apply to everyone over 7+ on Apex.

It's only 'certain monsters' because the -gates zones previously had specific exemptions to the normal alliance size scaling. New monsters didn't have those exemptions, so they didn't need to be changed.

I don't patronize RMT CP parties, but I didn't think anyone really used 7+ with any frequency to begin with. I see it as a toothless way to try to pretend they're helping.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-19 08:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally performative only. "see we're actively doing something, so stop being mad at us"

How to maximize optics while minimizing damage. Not mad at them though, it's just business. Annoyed that dipshits fall for it though, absolutely.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-19 10:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
1/8 resist on Slow is a full resist. I'm pretty sure that a 1/4 resist is also a full resist for Slow.

Anyway. The point is the "trust resist campaign" gives a negligible amount of resist. You think they're going to full resist stuff, they don't.

Joachim and Ulmia who both have native resist silence, under the campaign still have essentially 0% chance of resisting silencega from Centurio UNM. I've only ever seen them fully resist with baraero and barsilencra (and +7/10 vex attune and runiest roll). His silencga even lands on yoran 100% (95 whatever save the semantics) and he's got special Meva.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-19 12:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The UNMs are unique in that they have remarkably high stats. I remember fighting Lumber Jill in several high meva sets, and was unable to resist her Breakga once. Meanwhile, Koru-Moru naturally had around a 1/3 resist rate, which is on par with RDM's Resist-Petrify trait. This was not during a campaign, but the point is their native resist traits do kick in from time to time, assuming something doesn't have insane magical accuracy. With that said, Centurio XX-I is a BLM, so that may not necessarily be the best example to illustrate the point of how little of a boost the campaign gives (or why their resist silence trait isn't working much). I wouldn't be surprised if they set Centurio's Magic Accuracy so unbelievably high that it wouldn't even matter how much resist the campaigns give, especially at base trust stats.

Slightly off-topic: this campaign wouldn't even be necesary had they just unlocked Moogle Mastery everywhere instead of just inside Odyssey. That boost is much more significant than anything they've given trusts (outside of +%HP and 1 time revival). Especially if the reported resist rate is so low that it's barely noticeable.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-12-19 13:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Slightly off-topic: this campaign wouldn't even be necesary had they just unlocked Moogle Mastery everywhere instead of just inside Odyssey. That boost is much more significant than anything they've given trusts (outside of +%HP and 1 time revival). Especially if the reported resist rate is so low that it's barely noticeable.

I'm thinking the MM stuff in Odyssea is them testing out boosting trusts based on some master specific ability. I'm betting they will make master levels add +1 trust level, either 1:1 or possibly at 2:1.
By SimonSes 2021-12-19 13:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This was not during a campaign, but the point is their native resist traits do kick in from time to time, assuming something doesn't have insane magical accuracy

Resist traits, or resist status o gear don't check against magic accuracy. Mob could have 1000 MND and +1000000 macc and resist paralyze would have same chance to proc.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-19 13:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know that. Thanks.

Edit: Then Joachim/Ulmia should have 30% chance to proc Resist Silence, so how is Eiryl saying it's 0% even with the trust campaign?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-19 14:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause it is. They legit never resist. Not even yoran can resist it.

I have seen it happen, but it's exceptionally rare. I'll turn on logs and count em next time if I remember.
By SimonSes 2021-12-19 16:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know that. Thanks.

Edit: Then Joachim/Ulmia should have 30% chance to proc Resist Silence, so how is Eiryl saying it's 0% even with the trust campaign?

15%, it's half against NMs.

I'm not sure if I want to discuss it, because Eiryl probably baiting again with some BS info to write me that I write wall of text in response again..

Idk if he even know what he is talking about.

There are 2 ways you can resist debuff.
1. With resist status. For example for paralyze it would be resist paralyze (gear or trait), resist all status, pflug etc. This is % based, halved on NMs and doesn't check against magic accuracy. When it proc, it shows in log as resist!
2. With magic evasion. This is check of magic evasion vs magic accuracy. Additionally specific elemental evasion (the one you see for each element in equip window) is added to meva against this element. Having positive elemental evasion is required to get 1/8 resist and negative elemental evasion makes 1/4 and higher resist tiers impossible. Result of this check against debuff WON'T show in log. You will simply not get paralyzed if you have enough magic evasion against monster's magic accuracy (meva/macc check is capped at 95% tho).

We don't know which is raised (or maybe both are) during campaign, but if campaign raise magic evasion, enough to resist debuffs in some fights, then it won't even be noticable in log.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-12-19 16:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Well that sucks, so much for my monstrosity spriggan sub species unlocks

Noooo...I wanted that too ; ; Spriggans are the best!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-19 21:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for an explanation to the two stages of resists, simon. I wasn't aware this is how it operated. Assumed Resist- traits were just beefed up magic evasion vs specific enfeebles.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-19 22:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

And that's why I said we should (they should) call it something different.

You're either debuffed or you're not. Resisting being measured in duration is silly. It doesn't matter if silence lasts an hour or 2 seconds, you didn't "resist" it.

The campaign should be called "reduced enfeeble duration" to reflect it's accuracy.

Partial magic damage resist is clearly reduced damage, but partial enfeeble resist you still get enfeebled.
By SimonSes 2021-12-20 02:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not measured in duration only. You can fully resist debuffs with magic evasion. Just some debuffs require highier tier of resist via magic evasion to fully resist the spell, like afaik stun (stun might also required positive lightning resist to be fully resisted). If campaign boosts magic evasion, then Trusts for sure FULLY resist more debuffs.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-20 21:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoran 0% resist 0/58
Joachim 8% resist 5/58 Supposed to have 15 (30 cut in half for NM)
But partial resists! Naw. No partial credit. Either silenced or not.
Code
[20:22:23] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:25:12] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:28:51] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:30:00] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:30:07] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {2}: Yoran|Oran and Joachim (silence)
[20:31:39] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:32:45] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:32:49] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {2}: Yoran|Oran and Joachim (silence)
[20:33:56] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:34:14] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {3}: Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:37:16] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:38:28] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:39:25] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:41:03] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:42:06] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:42:14] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {2}: Yoran|Oran and Joachim (silence)
[20:43:27] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:44:46] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:44:54] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {2}: Yoran|Oran and Joachim (silence)
[20:46:11] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {3}: E, E, and Yoran|Oran (silence) evaded by ¨ Joachim
[20:46:17] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {2}: Yoran|Oran and Joachim (silence)
[20:47:57] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:48:55] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:49:02] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {2}: Yoran|Oran and Joachim (silence)
[20:51:32] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:51:38] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {2}: Yoran|Oran and Joachim (silence)
[20:54:23] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:56:50] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:56:58] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ Yoran|Oran (silence) evaded by ¨ {2}: Joachim and Luopan
[20:57:10] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {3}: Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:58:37] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:58:53] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {2}: Yoran|Oran and Joachim (silence)
[20:59:51] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[20:59:57] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ Yoran|Oran (silence) evaded by ¨ {2}: Joachim and Luopan
[21:01:04] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {3}: E, Yoran|Oran, and E (silence) evaded by ¨ {2}: Joachim and Luopan
[21:01:10] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {3}: Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:03:04] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:05:36] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:06:55] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {3}: E, Yoran|Oran, and E (silence) evaded by ¨ {2}: Joachim and Luopan
[21:08:31] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:09:50] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:10:55] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:11:06] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {3}: Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:12:29] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:12:35] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {2}: Yoran|Oran and Joachim (silence)
[21:13:42] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:13:47] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {2}: Yoran|Oran and Joachim (silence)
[21:16:22] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:17:25] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:17:30] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {2}: Yoran|Oran and Joachim (silence)
[21:18:56] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:19:07] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {3}: Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:20:38] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:21:51] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:21:57] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {2}: Yoran|Oran and Joachim (silence)
[21:23:29] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:24:42] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {4}: E, Yoran|Oran, Joachim, and E (silence)
[21:24:48] Centurio?XX|I Jamming Wave ¨ {2}: Yoran|Oran and Joachim (silence)

They did manage to resist 2 sleeps and zero poisons.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-20 21:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because you keep saying partial resists don't count doesn't mean they actually don't.

Also, Centurio has abnormally high MACC as one of his traits, so even if he almost always lands things, it doesn't mean they won't resist more on other enemies.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-20 21:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoran has abnormally high meva as one of his traits

And they both have abnormally high resist rates during the campaign that clearly isn't working properly.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-20 21:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoran has good MEVA, but it's not that good. From what I remember, I don't think even 5/5 Sakpata or Malignance has a good resist rate on Centurio without additional support.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-20 21:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

His meva + vex + runeist roll + addle II (he's never in range of attune, but joachim is)

I suppose the campaign is not "universally raises resist rate" but sets the maximum as a half resist aka; "reduced enfeeble duration campaign"

So when trusts get silenced it can't be full duration, that's all. Not actually increasing resist rates. Just prevents full duration.

Increased resistance implies a non zero chance of full resist. The campaign limits all debuffs to half resist maximum (maybe could be 3/4 or 1/4 it's kind of impossible to know). They mean very different things. One being raised floor, the other lowered ceiling.
By SimonSes 2021-12-21 04:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What you are writing Eiryl has no sense at all. Different enemies will have different magic accuracy, so magic evasion of Trusts (boosted or not) will sometimes be enough to fully resist something, sometimes it wont be enough to resist anything. Trying to force some narrative, that it will most likely result in resist states, that are between no resist and full resist is as stupid as saying that the same will happen when switching from relic+3 armor to Sakpata on WAR. It *** VARIES. You are just trying to save your first comment and going deeper and deeper into talking nonsense.
[+]